Serious question regarding karma

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

All these terrorrists or dictators killing innocents in name of religion or payment, never seen them getting caught or tried by law. Do they continue living freely without consequences of their action? Will they never be judged as they got power?

But if you or i murder someone we will get caught by law and prosecuted, or if not caught most of us will suffer inside for the wrong we have done for the rest of our lives. All i know is crime never pays, it will today or tommorow catch up to us.

Whats the point of Karma then as karma means ones action got consequences. This is all bullshit then when it comes down to powerful factions or leaders?

Please explain to me OT, it is burning me seeing inside these mass murderers getting away scott free :)

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

Karma doesn't exist. That's what I believe. If it did exist, 90% of the human population would've been pure af.

Even if I surmise that Karma exist then it's pretty much worthless since power and apathy can easily reign over Karma. Anyways, believing in Karma is a childish thingy. Stop believing in that. Believing in fate makes much more sense to me than believing in Karma.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 indzman

@top_lel said:

Karma doesn't exist. That's what I believe. If it did exist, 90% of the human population would've been pure af.

Even if I surmise that Karma exist then it's pretty much worthless since power and apathy can easily reign over Karma. Anyways, believing in Karma is a childish thingy. Stop believing in that. Believing in fate makes much more sense to me than believing in Karma.

Seems so :(

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

There is no karma. Karma is what we say to ourselves when someone we think "deserved it" "got what was coming to him". Some get theirs and others do not.

And the worlds keeps going 'round and 'round.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

First of all, most Americans have wrong idea about karma

Yes it is the concept of what goes around comes around bla bla, but no there is no instant karma

Karma is related to reincarnation concept and what you did in past life will influence your next life.

You shouldn't believe in karma if it isn't a part of your religion.

Life isn't fair, bad stuff happen and assholes usually win

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I think you'll go insane if you concern yourself too much about bad people getting theirs. Instead, focus on your own self-growth and try to be a good person (which you are); it's much more rewarding.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

indzman, serious? Is the sky falling next?

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Meh, who needs Karma, you gotta make your own rules, train hard in secrecy, and figure out the codes to overpower all opposition.

SerpentMage36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SerpentMage36
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

People get what they deserve in the end. You may not get to actually see it but I do believe they get what they deserve in the end.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Karma is cause and effect, not a conscious being doling out punishments and rewards.

As an Indian, I'd thought you'd have at least the basic concept of karma understood indz.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Karma is cause and effect, not a conscious being doling out punishments and rewards.

Pretty much this....

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I think that's a good description of the concept of karma. Its not that karma is some sort of an inevitability or an immutable and temporal law ruling over the physical world; rather, it mostly boils down to the fact that if one is heavily engaged in underhand dealings and doing injustice for an extended period of time and resulting in a large pool of victims he's bound to get the short end of the stick eventually and change roles with his victims. At that point, it will seem that he's being made to pay for all the injustice and evils he committed throughout his life by divine judgement but in reality he has simply become the target of the full wrath of his begrudging victims in a moment of weakness. Also, the world such people live in is full of their likes who are indiscriminate with their immorality and thus is inherently precariously dodgy.
Ghaddafi comes to mind.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I think that's a good description of the concept of karma. Its not that karma is some sort of an inevitability or an immutable and temporal law ruling over the physical world; rather, it mostly boils down to the fact that if one is heavily engaged in underhand dealings and doing injustice for an extended period of time and resulting in a large pool of victims he's bound to get the short end of the stick eventually and change roles with his victims. At that point, it will seem that he's being made to pay for all the injustice and evils he committed throughout his life by divine judgement but in reality he has simply become the target of the full wrath of his begrudging victims in a moment of weakness. Also, the world such people live in is full of their likes who are indiscriminate with their immorality and thus is inherently precariously dodgy.

Ghaddafi comes to mind.

Yes, that is the tyrant in the Republic whose unjust action causes his victims to seek revenge and the only safe haven he is capable of conceiving is one in hiding which is actually a prison of his own making.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GazaAli

@BranKetra said:

@GazaAli said:

Ghaddafi comes to mind.

Yes, that is the tyrant in the Republic whose unjust action causes his victims to seek revenge and the only safe haven he is capable of conceiving is one in hiding which is actually a prison of his own making.

Someone actually quoted the Republic <3

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By branketra

@GazaAli: You exaggerate. I would not call expressing an apprehension of material always quoting. =P

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GazaAli

@BranKetra said:

@GazaAli: You exaggerate. I would not call expressing an apprehension of material always quoting. =P

Referencing then, does that please you?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@indzman said:

All these terrorrists or dictators killing innocents in name of religion or payment, never seen them getting caught or tried by law. Do they continue living freely without consequences of their action? Will they never be judged as they got power?

But if you or i murder someone we will get caught by law and prosecuted, or if not caught most of us will suffer inside for the wrong we have done for the rest of our lives. All i know is crime never pays, it will today or tommorow catch up to us.

Whats the point of Karma then as karma means ones action got consequences. This is all bullshit then when it comes down to powerful factions or leaders?

Please explain to me OT, it is burning me seeing inside these mass murderers getting away scott free :)

Really?
I think Gaddafi would disagree

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@indzman said:

in the Islamic point of view, if there are evil tyrants who seem to have gotten away with their crimes in this life (e.g. Hitler) then they will pay for it in the next.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 indzman

@chaoscougar1 said:

@indzman said:

Really?

I think Gaddafi would disagree

Also Hitler (suicide), Mussolini,Saddam, Osama Bin Laden got what they deserved. I really want to beleive anybody who harms or kills others gets payback by fate ultimately :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By indzman
@GrayF0X786 said:

@indzman said:

in the Islamic point of view, if there are evil tyrants who seem to have gotten away with their crimes in this life (e.g. Hitler) then they will pay for it in the next.

No, they should be paid by fate in this very life. Killing childrens even ( recent pakistan shootings) ? Hope they suffer before death in this life :)

P.S - Hitler didn't exactly get away, he lost his supremacy and power. Went in hiding humiliated and ultimately killed himself.Nor did his generals, most were hunted and punished by jews and allied forces if you read history :)

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 branketra

@GazaAli: I said that for the sake of the discussion and not only my own wishes.