Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

This news actually hit hard. Normally celeb death news doesn't really get to me on an emotional level but man I loved Robin and his movies littered my childhood :( so sad

He was (as we all probably know) a gamer as well. Apparently Halflife was one of his favorite games and his daughter, obviously, is named after Zelda.

According to IMDB he was actually in talks to do voice work for Halflife.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374692/trivia

Also "Toys" is a fucking great movie. I'll defend it to the ends of the earth. Way ahead of it's time.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

He will be missed. His energetic comedy was truly one of a kind. RIP man.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#55 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

This fucking sucks...

While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.” - EW

RIP :(

WTH ............. i am at a loss for words, this news is shocking, i knew he had problems before but .............................

RIP Robin Williams you were one of the true comedians left in Hollywood.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Robin Williams was a legend in the industry. It's a real loss for the entertainment industry. While he could make others laugh it seemed he had difficulty finding humor and joy for himself. It is a pretty sad day, especially for those of us who grew up watching this fantastic star.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

Genuinely sad news he was one of the funniest most heartwarming versatile actors around. Loved his family movies as a child I would watch them over and over, still love them. RIP Robbin Williams.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

That is hard to take in.

Thank you Robin for all of the joy that you brought to the world... and me!
R.I.P.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Oh captain my captain

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Really makes me sad! I've always been a big fan of his... Mrs. Doubtfire & Good Will Hunting are 2 of my favourite movies. Extremely talented guy. RIP.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Damn... this hurts... so long Robin Williams, we'll all miss you.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

One of the best comedy actors RIP. Why did he commit suicide ? He was a established actor , its not that he was struggling to get roles or went bankrupt ? Any news on the cause ? Loved him in Mrs Doubtfire sooo much.

halffullcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By halffullcup
Member since 2014 • 90 Posts

Ohh man! First Paul walker now him this sucks. RIP

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

This is so depressing to hear :( He was such a big part of my childhood, and to hear him go via suicide is so saddening.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Damn...

R.I.P. Robin Williams.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@donquixote said:

It sucks that he died, but why are people surprised? A comedian who was depressed? That's a surprise?

He has an extremely positive demeanor compared to most - people didn't know he was depressed. Did you?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@magicalclick said:

Why was he depressed? Is this a typical problem of entertainers?

Yes, especially among comedians.

Depression is fantastic for generating entertainment if motivation is allowing, but not so much for an outlook on life. People are often surprised that someone could look so happy and have depression, but when you're depressed, you get pretty good at putting on a show. What little joy you can get from life will come from giving it to others, from keeping them from feeling how you do.

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

oh man, that guy was a pillar upon which I built many a fun childhood trip to the cinemas.... dammit, just dammit.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

That's too bad. Liked him in his later phyco'y straight rolls. One Hour Photo, Insomnia e.t.c...

I totally forgot I had One Hour Photo! I was gonna play tribute to him tonight. Meh... I guess I can do it tomorrow.

R.I.P. :(

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Wow. This was a man who put such high energy into his performances, especially in his stand-up. Sad to hear what has happened to him.

I hate to get off track in this topic for a second, but we got a few notices regarding some of the posts that were made in here. I just wanted to let people know if anyone wants to make a proper thread discussing depression--one that doesn't involve posting offensive/trolling responses--they're more than welcome to do so.

Also, if a post has been removed, it's been taken down an admin/mod for a reason. Please do not repost it.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#79 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Wow. This was a man who put such high energy into his performances, especially in his stand-up. Sad to hear what has happened to him.

I hate to get off track in this topic for a second, but we got a few notices regarding some of the posts that were made in here. I just wanted to let people know if anyone wants to make a proper thread discussing depression--one that doesn't involve posting offensive/trolling responses--they're more than welcome to do so.

Also, if a post has been removed, it's been taken down an admin/mod for a reason. Please do not repost it.

you don't seem to realize those posts could have saved peoples lives, especially on a forum with so much youngsters.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Damn was browsing /b/ earlier and saw several threads saying he was dead.

i had hoped it was all fake. googled his name. found out he really is dead.

damn that sucks.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@indzman said:

One of the best comedy actors RIP. Why did he commit suicide ? He was a established actor , its not that he was struggling to get roles or went bankrupt ? Any news on the cause ? Loved him in Mrs Doubtfire sooo much.

Not to get too much OT, but anyone that emits his kind of energy and enthusiasm I suspect probably had Bipolar. It's confirmed he suffered from depression, and Bipolar seems like a glove fit for his type of personality. He also fought addiction throughout his years which is a fairly common problem for manics.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

It's surreal to me. I've loved watching him since I was young, and this is the last way I would have ever expected to hear him passing. My best wishes to his family in this incredibly unfortunate time.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@indzman said:

Not to get too much OT, but anyone that emits his kind of energy and enthusiasm I suspect probably had Bipolar. It's confirmed he suffered from depression, and Bipolar seems like a glove fit for his type of personality. He also fought addiction throughout his years which is a fairly common problem for manics.

shame :(

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

My post was not at all offensive/trolling, but yeah ok boss.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#87 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

With respect to the circumstances and delicacy for his family and those who knew him, I believe that his life should be remembered for all the good it brought to the world. I will cherish all the joy he brought me as well as the ideas of bringing hope to others in the most dire situations such as Patch Adams and What Dreams May Come among many other films. Robin Williams was wonderful as Genie in Aladdin and chose a legendary name for his daughter and she will likely be treated with dignity and respect in part because of that similar to the Nintendo video game character that name originated from which is yet one of many things he has done for the good of others in his life.

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

you don't seem to realize those posts could have saved peoples lives, especially on a forum with so much youngsters.

Probably the only time I will agree with this guy.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#89 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

It's not often that the death of a celebrity really affects me.

This is a rare exception. This will take time to process. Really damn unfortunate.... it hurts.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#90 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

So damn sad, we'll miss you Robin. :(

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

This is sad I grew up watching so many of his movies. He will be missed. It's sad that so many great actors seem to be horrible depressed. I wish his family the best.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

RIP, I don't remember ever seeing a bad movie of his. even Bicentennial Man which was crapped on by critics. I loved that movie. Mrs. Doubtfire was a classic, he was also the genie in Alladin. And Jack was great too. Many more....Good Will Hunting, jumanji, Hook, oh man this one hurts.

I knew he was struggling with alcoholism, I just wish he would have talked to someone, I bet he had a ton of hollywood friends and he struggled in silence.

One of the greats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#94 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

While not a huge fan (as in, I didn't run to watch every single thing he has ever done), he was quite entertaining and seemed to have a good heart. Besides, he was not just an actor, he was a person, and it's always sad to hear that someone just couldn't take it anymore.

He'll definitely be missed by many...

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I just woke up an hour ago and it was on the news. He was a good actor and was in many films that I enjoy.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#96 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@iloveatlus said:

Oh wow. He will be missed. I grew up watching his movies.

me too I remember watching Mork N Mindy back when I was a kid.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

It was too soon and so sudden.....

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Awakening ,Jumanji and Insomnia are among my favorite films.Actually I watched Insomnia just recently and have been meaning to watch the comedy License to Wed.

If he's been suffering from severe depression ,I can't say he did the wrong thing.Who's there to say this isn't his redemption ?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Honestly, Robin Williams death stings a bit like Michael Jacksons death did. I grew up on Robins movies and Michaels music.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Robin Williams was definitely the best comedian/drama actor of our time. I loved him as a child in Hook and Aladdin, as well as Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji. He will be missed, but I found an old article about his financial struggles in the past.

Link

Could he have taken his own life because he never recovered from his alimony for his two ex-wives? Did he started to think that his third wife only loved him for his money? I feel like going to tears for him, as Robin Williams deserved better :(