Rick Perry has been indicted for 2 felonies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Link

You know, this guy. The Guvernor Texas elected

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

In the words of Ricky Perry, "Ooops"

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

This guy was the GOP frontrunner at one point in 2012. Crazy shit.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

It's okay Rick Perry was never going to be president anyway.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

@Aljosa23 said:

This guy was the GOP frontrunner at one point in 2012. Crazy shit.

Yup, what the hell is going on?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I'm gonna call it now. Nothing will come of this indictment. It'll be shuffled around for a while. A few hearings will be had and life will continue as normal with nothing happening to Perry.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Consider texas my home

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@ferrari2001 said:

I'm gonna call it now. Nothing will come of this indictment. It'll be shuffled around for a while. A few hearings will be had and life will continue as normal with nothing happening to Perry.

He'll get a fine and a warning. The fine will be 5 bucks

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

None of the current potential GOP presidential candidates can win a national election at this point except for, maybe, Chris Christie. So it's not very relevant.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@Buckhannah said:

None of the current potential GOP presidential candidates can win a national election at this point except for, maybe, Chris Christie. So it's not very relevant.

Really?! The guy who closed bridges, sold 9/11 ruins for political favors and didn't give money to the Sandy hurricane victims in county's where he wasn't endorsed? You want him as president?

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Buckhannah

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Buckhannah said:

Really?! The guy who closed bridges, sold 9/11 ruins for political favors and didn't give money to the Sandy hurricane victims in county's where he wasn't endorsed? You want him as president?

I don't think you understood what I said. I did not say i want him as President. I said that he is the only current GOP potential who could possibly win a national election, and even for him I prefaced that with a "maybe". That's pretty far from being an endorsement.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Buckhannah said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Buckhannah said:

I don't think you understood what I said. I did not say i want him as President. I said that he is the only current GOP potential who could possibly win a national election, and even for him I prefaced that with a "maybe". That's pretty far from being an endorsement.

Yeah i know what you said, but do you really think this is the best guy from ALL of them? If so, that's really bad. The only guy i can actually see doing becoming a candidate is Marko Rubio or Rand Paul.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

From what I heard in order to get a political opponent to resign from her position he withheld necessary funding for the agency to operate.

He probably did it thinking it wasn't illegal, after all in Congress they have refused to fund some agencies and threatened to fund certain agencies for political reasons; why then should they not be punished but Rick Perry gets nailed for it? I mean, sure it's wrong, but seems like a double standard here. Anyhow, he's a douche, I could care less about what happens to him.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@lamprey263 said:

From what I heard in order to get a political opponent to resign from her position he withheld necessary funding for the agency to operate.

He probably did it thinking it wasn't illegal, after all in Congress they have refused to fund some agencies and threatened to fund certain agencies for political reasons; why then should they not be punished but Rick Perry gets nailed for it? I mean, sure it's wrong, but seems like a double standard here. Anyhow, he's a douche, I could care less about what happens to him.

All of them should get nailed for it period

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Shocking.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

This will go nowhere and is just another way for them to waste our tax dollars.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lamprey263
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Buckhannah said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Buckhannah said:

Yeah i know what you said, but do you really think this is the best guy from ALL of them? If so, that's really bad. The only guy i can actually see doing becoming a candidate is Marko Rubio or Rand Paul.

Considering how most GOP hopefuls ruin their presidential viability the moment they're in the limelight, usually when saying incredibly stupid shit when pandering to their far right base, I've a feeling anybody on the GOP ticket vying for the presidency will pop up at the last minute, someone not well known without a lot in public attention or an opposition research arsenal that can be used against them right away.

I probably could have thought Christie might have been viable, his confrontational attitude mixed with his ambition not to appear to be a party politician and more of a pragmatist, until the bridge closing scandal, then that snowballed into other issues like withholding Sandy relief money, how he misappropriated the federal money that was supposed to the rail project between New York and New Jersey and used it for transportation projects across the state to garner support from various mayors, and a slew of political corruption allegations of using the Port Authority... I'd say his shot is long gone until he can rehabilitate his image (if ever).

I know Marco Rubio gets a lot of chatter as being a presidential hopeful but I highly doubt he'll last long in the race, he's said too much crazy shit that's really gonna put him off the map; about the only catchy thing about him is his name. Rand Paul I can see as much more likely, if there's still a fervent libertarian base like there was in the last election whom the GOP sidelined during the primaries and the GOP embraces it this time around then I'd say that's their best shot. Granted I don't care for him but as the most viable candidate I'd say he's the one if he can mobilize the same kind of support and energy that Ron Paul got.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

As it should be, he did nothing wrong here.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Buckhannah

@lamprey263: Rand's issue is he is not as consistent as his dad, I didn't agree with Ron much, but he was principled and consistent. Rand is flip flopping all over the place, making the same mistakes Mitt Romney made, arguing with himself in public. Not to mention most all of the GOp guys are toxic to independent voters due to their religious stances on social issues. Young people still don't like blind hatred of gays, and young women still find it creepy when a bunch of old men get together and talk about what they can and can't do wight heir vaginas.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Last_Ride

@lamprey263: The only candidate that was actually qualified imho last election was Ron Paul. The republicans however shut the guy out and tried everything to silence the guy

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Buckhannah said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Buckhannah said:

Considering how most GOP hopefuls ruin their presidential viability the moment they're in the limelight, usually when saying incredibly stupid shit when pandering to their far right base, I've a feeling anybody on the GOP ticket vying for the presidency will pop up at the last minute, someone not well known without a lot in public attention or an opposition research arsenal that can be used against them right away.

I probably could have thought Christie might have been viable, his confrontational attitude mixed with his ambition not to appear to be a party politician and more of a pragmatist, until the bridge closing scandal, then that snowballed into other issues like withholding Sandy relief money, how he misappropriated the federal money that was supposed to the rail project between New York and New Jersey and used it for transportation projects across the state to garner support from various mayors, and a slew of political corruption allegations of using the Port Authority... I'd say his shot is long gone until he can rehabilitate his image (if ever).

I know Marco Rubio gets a lot of chatter as being a presidential hopeful but I highly doubt he'll last long in the race, he's said too much crazy shit that's really gonna put him off the map; about the only catchy thing about him is his name. Rand Paul I can see as much more likely, if there's still a fervent libertarian base like there was in the last election whom the GOP sidelined during the primaries and the GOP embraces it this time around then I'd say that's their best shot. Granted I don't care for him but as the most viable candidate I'd say he's the one if he can mobilize the same kind of support and energy that Ron Paul got.

.. Same kind of support and energy? Ron Paul's support crashes and burns the moment any topic relating to foreign policy is brought up within a republican debate.. His opinions on foreign policy are extremely unpopular to the republican party, and one of the leading reasons why he has never gotten close to winning a republican primary for president..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59d151f079814

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lamprey263: The only candidate that was actually qualified imho last election was Ron Paul. The republicans however shut the guy out and tried everything to silence the guy

Really now? Are we talking about the same Ron Paul who said that we should choose to pay just a 10% flat tax for military defense and nothing else? Because to me that doesn't sound qualified, that sounds a clear disconnect with reality..

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Last_Ride

@sSubZerOo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Really now? Are we talking about the same Ron Paul who said that we should choose to pay just a 10% flat tax for military defense and nothing else? Because to me that doesn't sound qualified, that sounds a clear disconnect with reality..

Who else? the guy that insulted 47% of americans? Herman Cain who doesn't know squat about anything outside of US? Rick Santorum? He based everything off the bible instead of common sense. Michelle Bachman? AHAHAHAHA! Newt Gingrich? Puh-lease!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lamprey263

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Who else? the guy that insulted 47% of americans? Herman Cain who doesn't know squat about anything outside of US? Rick Santorum? He based everything off the bible instead of common sense. Michelle Bachman? AHAHAHAHA! Newt Gingrich? Puh-lease!

I'd just like to state for myself that I don't actually don't support Ron or Rand Paul or any of the conservative GOP presidential hopefuls, but my bringing up Ron Paul was that he had a youthful and energetic and fervent support in the last election that I thought was a mistake (strategically) for the GOP not to embrace. And, it was rather shameful how they basically shut him and his supporters out of the primary and which in some instances I'd say was tantamount to voter fraud.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

maybe he can get some new glasses that make him look honest.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@lamprey263 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I'd just like to state for myself that I don't actually don't support Ron or Rand Paul or any of the conservative GOP presidential hopefuls, but my bringing up Ron Paul was that he had a youthful and energetic and fervent support in the last election that I thought was a mistake (strategically) for the GOP not to embrace. And, it was rather shameful how they basically shut him and his supporters out of the primary and which in some instances I'd say was tantamount to voter fraud.

Yeah, i mean it's not like i agree with everything he says. But at least the guy is honest and they deliberately shut him down

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lamprey263 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah, i mean it's not like i agree with everything he says. But at least the guy is honest and they deliberately shut him down

Ron Paul is an unreasonable ideologue and is most likely racist. He's really not any better than Cain and Bachmann and I'd easily take Gingrich over him since Gingrich is not an extremist.

I think some young liberals really need to educate themselves on what Ron Paul actually wants to do. Then they'd see that he's actually one of the least acceptable Republicans. Almost any somewhat mainstream Repub is a better choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
@GreySeal9 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lamprey263 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Ron Paul is an unreasonable ideologue and is most likely racist. He's really not any better than Cain and Bachmann and I'd easily take Gingrich over him since Gingrich is not an extremist.

I think some young liberals really need to educate themselves on what Ron Paul actually wants to do. Then they'd see that he's actually one of the least acceptable Republicans.

Yes.

Ron Paul is the most dangerous one since he's precisely that, an ideologue. He does not give a flying **** about fixing America's problems but rather enacting his own principles whatever the cost - politics is all about compromise and pragmatism, neither of which Ron Paul seems to be capable of. The guy has shown on numerous occasions that he is not serious about issues.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GreySeal9

@Aljosa23 said:
@GreySeal9 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lamprey263 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think some young liberals really need to educate themselves on what Ron Paul actually wants to do. Then they'd see that he's actually one of the least acceptable Republicans.

Yes.

Ron Paul is the most dangerous one since he's precisely that, an ideologue. He does not give a flying **** about fixing America's problems but rather enacting his own principles whatever the cost - politics is all about compromise and pragmatism, neither of which Ron Paul seems to be capable of. The guy has shown on numerous occasions that he is not serious about issues.

Very well said. I don't even want to imagine what the political gridlock would be like if RP was in office.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Forcing someone to resign because they got a DUI and were part of an ethics panel? Yeah, Rick Perry is totally a piece of shit...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Last_Ride

@GreySeal9: He's not insane and paid off like the others though

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

He withheld the funding because he wanted a DA to resign because the DA had gotten arrested for DUI. The DA should have resigned considering that part of the DA's job is to prosecute people, and it wouldn't look to good to have a DA that got arrested for DUI prosecuting drunk drivers in court.

The indictment against Perry may very well be political posturing, from what I've heard the judge has not issued an arrest warrant.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By whipassmt

Perry, the longest serving Texas Governor in history, has done a lot of good things. We shouldn't overlook that. But it's easy to become cynical and not see the good work that's been done for Texans, because we're distracted by Austin infighting and phony scandals.

My guess is that the charges will ultimately be dropped or Perry will be acquitted. It may hurt Perry's presidential chances in 2016, but I don't think he'll be the nominee anyway. Perhaps the real goal of these indictments is not to hurt Perry, so much as it is to influence this years governor's race. Wendy Davis' time in the limelight was bright but brief, and her infamous filibuster may have hurt her more than it helped her.

Maybe Perry overstepped his authority, but I doubt he did so in a criminal way. I don't think he would deliberately commit a felony. There is an ongoing debate on the federal level about executive authority versus legislative authority, and the president has been accused many times of overstepping his authority (and indeed has been defeated at the Supreme Court unanimously 13 times, not counting Supreme Court decisions - such as McCullen v. Coakley - where the Obama Administration has intervened on behalf of the losing side). Pretty much every executive, president or governor, has overstepped their authority. That doesn't make it a crime.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

Rick Perry- Most corrupt scum bag in the State of Texas.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GreySeal9

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GreySeal9: He's not insane and paid off like the others though

Ron Paul is easily nuttier than most other Repubs.

For one, he believes in the FEMA camp conspiracy theories.

For two, he's said ridiculous stuff like this:

"The regulations are much tougher in a free market, because you cannot commit fraud, you cannot steal, you cannot hurt people, and the failure has come that government wouldn't enforce this. In the Industrial Revolution there was a collusion and you could pollute and they got away with it. But in a true free market in a libertarian society you can't do that. You have to be responsible. So the regulations would be tougher."

Then there's the matter of his shockingly racist and homophobic newsletters.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@GreySeal9: too be honest i don't know that much about him.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 whipassmt

@seahorse123 said:

I doubt it.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

He did nothing wrong. The DA who is having him indicted sure did though. That is the reason he voted the line item in the Texas State Budget.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

@whipassmt: Who is more corrupt in Texas?

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

I never liked the guy anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

Honestly I think Rick Perry is a POS for things other than this. More particularly in having a record number of death penalties under his watch including the execution of a known innocent man.. In which he has shown absolutely no regret for in any of his rhetoric that he pushed in the last primary.. . If anything he is illustrated that he wishes to continue this policy more.. To me that sounds like the behavior of a psychopath with no empathy, the sooner he is out of office the better..

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Last_Ride

@whipassmt said:

@seahorse123 said:

I doubt it.

i would say Bush is worse