Richard Attenborough died.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/24/showbiz/richard-attenborough-dead/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The old guy from jurassic park passed away. Sad, I like to think dinosaurs killed him though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Jurassic Park is like the only movie I can think of him being in. It's provoking the same emotional response I'd get to knowing the third assistance key grip in the production of Krush Groove died.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

One of my favorites trailers ever:

Loading Video...

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Why do all the goods ones have to go.... T~T

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Jurassic Park is like the only movie I can think of him being in. It's provoking the same emotional response I'd get to knowing the third assistance key grip in the production of Krush Groove died.

Yeah, but the third assistance key grip in the production of Krush Groove hasn't had a successful award-winning directing and acting career which spanned decades. Richard Attenborough is a little bit more than "the old guy from Jurassic Park."

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I actually thought he passed like 10 years ago.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

lmaoooo

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lamprey263

@MrGeezer said:

@lamprey263 said:

Yeah, but the third assistance key grip in the production of Krush Groove hasn't had a successful award-winning directing and acting career which spanned decades. Richard Attenborough is a little bit more than "the old guy from Jurassic Park."

Then you sound like the guy to recommend me one great movie of his that I should remember him by, because I most likely haven't seen it.

I checked his filmography on Wikipedia and nothing clicked, though there were like one or two movies of his I know exist but haven't seen like Great Escape and Gandhi... actually, now that I think about it I did watch Gandhi, many many years ago, parts anyways, I was more captivated by Ben Kingsley though.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@MrGeezer said:

@lamprey263 said:

Then you sound like the guy to recommend me one great movie of his that I should remember him by, because I most likely haven't seen it.

I checked his filmography on Wikipedia and nothing clicked, though there were like one or two movies of his I know exist but haven't seen like Great Escape and Gandhi... actually, now that I think about it I did watch Gandhi, many many years ago, parts anyways, I was more captivated by Ben Kingsley though.

For starters, I never said that you should remember him by anything. How would you if you're not familiar with his work? My point was that, unlike your hypothetical third assistance key grip, Richard Attenborough was actually a fairly big deal. It's not really fair to paint him as some kind of obscure nobody just because you're not familiar with his work.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Aww, that sucks. He looked pretty damn old in Lost World which was only recorded a few years after Jurassic Park, at least he got to become an old man. Feels like getting to experience old age has become a luxury with how young stars die now days. R.I.P.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lamprey263

@MrGeezer said:

@lamprey263 said:

@MrGeezer said:

@lamprey263 said:

For starters, I never said that you should remember him by anything. How would you if you're not familiar with his work? My point was that, unlike your hypothetical third assistance key grip, Richard Attenborough was actually a fairly big deal. It's not really fair to paint him as some kind of obscure nobody just because you're not familiar with his work.

I'm not claiming he was a nobody, I'm just expressing my complete lack of knowledge of who he his, other than as OP said the guy from Jarassic Park.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Jesus, I thought he was already dead. He looked like a heart attack waiting to happen 20 years ago. RIP

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

He directed GANDHI (RIP)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Very sad

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
@topgunmv said:

I actually thought he passed like 10 years ago.

@SOedipus said:

Jesus, I thought he was already dead. He looked like a heart attack waiting to happen 20 years ago. RIP

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

I could've sworn that I heard new reports of his death years ago. Maybe it was just a report of a heart attack or coma or something...? Anyway, RIP.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@PsychoLemons said:

He was not young....anyway I saw this a few days ago.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@PsychoLemons said:

He was not young....anyway I saw this a few days ago.

I know but still...

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: saw what a few day ago