Relationship problem :(

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrightonPier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrightonPier
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Okay, so here's the deal. My gf and I have been going steady for almost 5 months now, and in a months and a halfs time, we'll both be moving away to go to university in different countries. She's mentioned maybe 'slowing it down' in the past, with the idea being that by the time we say our final goodbyes we'll just be friends. This may sound like she wants to end it and she's looking for an excuse, but we're really just confused. I mean, the idea of just having her one day and not even seeing her the next is bad enough. So OT, what do you think we should do? End it gradually or enjoy the amount of time we have together as best as we can. Also, anyone with any past experience?
Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts
Whatever you do, don't try to keep a relationship. If I were you, I'd get as much you can, I'm sure you'll forget all about "it" once you're surrounded by new women in college.
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Drown your sorrows in Mountain Dew - that's what I'd do.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Also, anyone with any past experience?BrightonPier

Yes. And based upon my experience, I can confidently recommend you end it. Don't try to salvage it. Don't try some misguided attempt at maintaining a long-term, long-distance thing. 5 months is nothing, and certainly no reason to restrict yourself from exploring new things at university.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

enjoy the time that's left, but don't try to maintain it after you've both moved. stay friends if you want. once you're living at your college, try to go out and be social, make lots of new friends, 'cause if you stay inside a lot, you'll be left thinking about her.

KeitekeTokage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KeitekeTokage
Member since 2011 • 770 Posts
I'd say slow things down, keeping the relationship going as it is now will only cause more hurt when you say your goodbyes.
BrightonPier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrightonPier
Whatever you do, don't try to keep a relationship. If I were you, I'd get as much you can, I'm sure you'll forget all about "it" once you're surrounded by new women in college.Harkat95
We werent planning to keep going during University, but we'll probably meet up after we graduate or something. Im talking about now. Should we end it now or at the last minute (when we finally move)?
entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Im talking about now. Should we end it now or at the last minute (when we finally move)?BrightonPier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIwlRClHsQ

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

It's what you feel in your heart mate,If you love her really love her then nothing will stand in the way,It's hard being apart,I know my lass livesin the US and we been together for 3 years and In November/December I am going to move to the US to be with her(It was a slog getting visa and so on)

I believe in fate and what will be will be.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Enjoy the time you guys have left and then end it. It sounds hard, yes, but if you two were really meant for each other... you guys will reunite. If not, then you can just move on to something else.
BrightonPier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrightonPier

[QUOTE="BrightonPier"] Im talking about now. Should we end it now or at the last minute (when we finally move)?entropyecho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIwlRClHsQ

Mountain Dew and Space Balls are seriously not helping. But I appreciate the fact that you're ummm...trying...to.... What are you doing exactly?
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
I say have as much sex as possible. I'm talking about a looottt of sex. Then have break up sex when you decide to break up with her. Just don't get your feelings involved.
BrightonPier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrightonPier
And the thing is that I really do love her and I know she feels the same (not trying to be cheesy), and I dont want to regret missing out on whatever we can accomplish between now and the time we go our seperate ways. On the other hand, the idea of just ending it when we're so deep is kinda frightening...
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Seriously, it sounds just like she wants to break up with you but not till she's gone (like you said). I would try to change her mind all together or just break it off now. Not worth the effort of staying together if you know you aren't going to be together soon anyway.

BrightonPier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrightonPier
I say have as much sex as possible. I'm talking about a looottt of sex.MgamerBD
Im already doing that mate ;)
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Just like my high school teacher said, end your relationship before going to college. There will be limitless opportunities to meet women in college, with parties and the like.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
no relationship no problems, but since the time is limited anyway let it run its course
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pirate700

Just like my high school teacher said, end your relationship before going to college. There will be limitless opportunities to meet women in college, with parties and the like.AdamPA1006
That is absurd. You don't just break up with someone you love because you may meet someone else...

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

Just enjoy the time you two have left, end it on a good note.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]I say have as much sex as possible. I'm talking about a looottt of sex.BrightonPier
Im already doing that mate ;)

Then I have nothing else to say...
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AdamPA1006

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]Just like my high school teacher said, end your relationship before going to college. There will be limitless opportunities to meet women in college, with parties and the like.Pirate700

That is absurd. You don't just break up with someone you love because you may meet someone else...

Have you been through college? I just finished my sophomore year. Everyone ends of cheating anyway and this is no good either.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]Just like my high school teacher said, end your relationship before going to college. There will be limitless opportunities to meet women in college, with parties and the like.AdamPA1006

Have you been through college? I just finished my sophomore year. Everyone ends of cheating anyway and this is no good either.

Yeah I graduated years ago but thanks. And no, not everyone or even most end up cheating.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

don't worry .love can last,but it never truely goes.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts
Okay, so here's the deal. My gf and I have been going steady for almost 5 months now, and in a months and a halfs time, we'll both be moving away to go to university in different countries. She's mentioned maybe 'slowing it down' in the past, with the idea being that by the time we say our final goodbyes we'll just be friends. This may sound like she wants to end it and she's looking for an excuse, but we're really just confused. I mean, the idea of just having her one day and not even seeing her the next is bad enough. So OT, what do you think we should do? End it gradually or enjoy the amount of time we have together as best as we can. Also, anyone with any past experience?BrightonPier
Make the best of the time you have, your both going to meet new people while your apart. Try and be friends but don't hold on, you will get hurt.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 no_more_fayth

Why does everyone assume that when you go to college, you're gonna end up cheating on someone? :?

Quick tip: don't hang out with sluts.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pirate700

Why does everyone assume that when you go to college, you're gonna end up cheating on someone? :?

no_more_fayth

I don't get it either. I understand some people just go to college to party but that really is the minority. To say you can't have a GF or BF while in college is just flat out dumb.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdamPA1006

no_more_fayth
My 2 roommates cheated on their girls. I did once. Its hard not too going out and drinking and living it up freshman year. I met my current gf in college (like i said just finished sophomore year) so hopefully I wont end up cheating on her. But I saw a ton of it and it definitely happens a lot.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 no_more_fayth

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

AdamPA1006

My 2 roommates cheated on their girls. I did once. Its hard not too going out and drinking and living it up freshman year. I met my current gf in college (like i said just finished sophomore year) so hopefully I wont end up cheating on her. But I saw a ton of it and it definitely happens a lot.

You hang out with terrible people, it seems.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pirate700

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

AdamPA1006

No it's really not hard for anyone with any will power. If you're cheating on your GF in college, that isn't going to change once you get out. There are girls everywhere, not just in school.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#30 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
It's only been 5 months with this girl. I wouldn't get hung up. However, I'm not you, so I don't know how you feel.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
There are plenty of fish in the sea.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdamPA1006

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"][QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

no_more_fayth

Wow no I dont. The temptations are out there and you have to decide for yourself if there are worth abstaining for a girl who is probably doing the same thing and cheating also. Bro drinking is fun and all but kinda the whole point of partying in college is getting drunk and getting chicks. But im just going by what I am seeing at my university.....
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pirate700

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"] My 2 roommates cheated on their girls. I did once. Its hard not too going out and drinking and living it up freshman year. I met my current gf in college (like i said just finished sophomore year) so hopefully I wont end up cheating on her. But I saw a ton of it and it definitely happens a lot. AdamPA1006

Wow no I dont. The temptations are out there and you have to decide for yourself if there are worth abstaining for a girl who is probably doing the same thing and cheating also. Bro drinking is fun and all but kinda the whole point of partying in college is getting drunk and getting chicks. But im just going by what I am seeing at my university.....

The way you look at relationships is frightening. Good lord. :|

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AdamPA1006
I saw people cheat all the time. Girls cheated on their boyfriends with me. Thats what happens in college
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pirate700

I saw people cheat all the time. Girls cheated on their boyfriends with me. Thats what happens in collegeAdamPA1006
Good for you? There's no justifying cheating dude. There just isn't.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]I saw people cheat all the time. Girls cheated on their boyfriends with me. Thats what happens in collegePirate700

i can hold my head up and say i am cheat free on both ends, might be why i love people so much. would you like a hug? i am in a huggen mood.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 no_more_fayth

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]I saw people cheat all the time. Girls cheated on their boyfriends with me. Thats what happens in collegesurrealnumber5

i can hold my head up and say i am cheat free on both ends, might be why i love people so much. would you like a hug? i am in a huggen mood.

I'd love a hug.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]I saw people cheat all the time. Girls cheated on their boyfriends with me. Thats what happens in collegesurrealnumber5

Most people think that, usually it turns out no to be true however.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Good for you? There's no justifying cheating dude. There just isn't.

no_more_fayth

I'd love a hug.

no problem, one bear hug coming up

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 no_more_fayth

:oops:

A hug is something that can brighten a day.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Good for you? There's no justifying cheating dude. There just isn't.

tenaka2

Most people think that, usually it turns out no to be true however.

nah i have left some pissed off girls in my time, if they had they would have loved to tell me about it, shocked none have even tried to lie about it just to hurt me.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

That sounds weird and painful. I'd go with this advice:

[QUOTE="BrightonPier"]Also, anyone with any past experience?Oleg_Huzwog

Yes. And based upon my experience, I can confidently recommend you end it. Don't try to salvage it. Don't try some misguided attempt at maintaining a long-term, long-distance thing. 5 months is nothing, and certainly no reason to restrict yourself from exploring new things at university.

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

I met my husband like a month before graduating from high school. We were going to go to different schools in the fall and I kind of figured we'd break up somewhere along the line, but to plan a breakup just seems kind of silly. Get in a fight, decide long-distance isn't working after growing apart, whatever, that's how relationships work.

Anyways long-distance was hard. Really hard. But in the end we knew we could trust each other and we ended up working out. I'm not saying hold onto something non-serious in the chance it's special because there are tons of other people out there, but dumping someone now because you'll break up later seems pointless.

It kind of sounds like your girlfriend is already putting nails in the coffin, though.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
You're gonna have to ask her if she still wants to be with you. No fooling around; look for a straight up yes or no answer. That's really your only issue here because let's face it, as difficult as long distance is (I'm currently in a long distance relationship), it's definitely possible if both parties want to go through with it. The advice you're getting in this thread is absurd.
Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts
Okay, so here's the deal. My gf and I have been going steady for almost 5 months now, and in a months and a halfs time, we'll both be moving away to go to university in different countries. She's mentioned maybe 'slowing it down' in the past, with the idea being that by the time we say our final goodbyes we'll just be friends. This may sound like she wants to end it and she's looking for an excuse, but we're really just confused. I mean, the idea of just having her one day and not even seeing her the next is bad enough. So OT, what do you think we should do? End it gradually or enjoy the amount of time we have together as best as we can. Also, anyone with any past experience?BrightonPier
Definitely end it either way. Not in a bad way, it's just that it won't work for that long over that great of a distance. That being said, I would enjoy the time that you have and when the time comes to part ways, you'll both know that you can stay friends as you'll have talked about it already. There's really no way to buffer to a break-up. What I mean by this is that there is no way to try to ease into a break-up to keep from getting hurt without at least one person beginning to either ignore the other or one or both not giving much into the relationship. Break-ups will happen and the hurt will be there. The hurt is actually a good thing that leads to emotional maturity and experience that will make you better and smarter going into the next relationship. Never try to do a gradual break-up or you will be cheating them and yourself.
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
You're gonna have to ask her if she still wants to be with you. No fooling around; look for a straight up yes or no answer. That's really your only issue here because let's face it, as difficult as long distance is (I'm currently in a long distance relationship), it's definitely possible if both parties want to go through with it. The advice you're getting in this thread is absurd. -Tish-
Yeah but the girl apparently told him they should slow it down and just go back to friends when they go their separate ways. I am not against long distance relationships, it's just according to him, that's the vibe he is getting. That's why I said they should break it off. If she wanted to stay with him, she wouldn't have said that.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]You're gonna have to ask her if she still wants to be with you. No fooling around; look for a straight up yes or no answer. That's really your only issue here because let's face it, as difficult as long distance is (I'm currently in a long distance relationship), it's definitely possible if both parties want to go through with it. The advice you're getting in this thread is absurd. MistressMinako
Yeah but the girl apparently told him they should slow it down and just go back to friends when they go their separate ways. I am not against long distance relationships, it's just according to him, that's the vibe he is getting. That's why I said they should break it off. If she wanted to stay with him, she wouldn't have said that.

you act as if men or women never say things they dont mean in stressful and uncertain times. it may be her flight response is acting, not saying they should try to force anything, that is bad news bears in a relationship, just saying parties involved may not know the full meaning of their guttural words.

BohemianAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BohemianAndy
Member since 2007 • 1413 Posts

Seriously, it sounds just like she wants to break up with you but not till she's gone (like you said). I would try to change her mind all together or just break it off now. Not worth the effort of staying together if you know you aren't going to be together soon anyway.

Pirate700
Indeed, no point in delaying the inevitable with it just playing on your mind everyday until the final goodbye day. Just end it now and move on - there are plenty of women out there :)
mamelon2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mamelon2012
Member since 2011 • 309 Posts

[QUOTE="BrightonPier"]Also, anyone with any past experience?Oleg_Huzwog

this pretty much sums it up as best as it can be
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
End it now and save A LOT of sleepless nights.