Real Moral Dilemma! What would you do? Be honest

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
Recently I just broke the top 10 thousand in Ranked Warzone matches on GeoW, but my 360 suddenly made a weird sound, and a message popped up claiming the disc was unreadable. I'm sure I'm falling quick in rankings, yes I actually care, but now I can't play the game because of a huge circular scratch which covers the entire disc which is the same size as the tray. Anyway, I really really don't have the money to be buying another one, so I was thinking about swapping my disc with one of Blockbusters since they have so many :twisted: Well actually I've already decided not to, because I know the trouble it will cause both Blockbuster, its customers, and maybe even myself later on, but honestly what would you do?
g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
dont be a dick, buy a new one
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
No, I don't think so.
Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts
Skip Doctor is your pal.

Media_geek20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Media_geek20
Member since 2006 • 6491 Posts
Skip doctor, or buy a new or used one.
alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
in EB games they sell a liquid that fixes your disc its like 8 bucks ,buy it, its better than lying :? , it work for my oblivion disc when that happen to it
HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts
I'd get a new disc or a disc repair kit.
dremorius20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 dremorius20
Member since 2004 • 5743 Posts
dont be a dick, buy a new oneg-unit248
good call
KrayzieJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KrayzieJ
Member since 2003 • 3283 Posts
I think blockbuster puts a label on its games/discs but im not sure
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
in EB games they sell a liquid that fixes your disc its like 8 bucks ,buy it, its better than lying :? , it work for my oblivion disc when that happen to it
alcarazo9
Hmm, I've never heard of that. I might go there later to fix some of my other discs.
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tequilasunriser
I think blockbuster puts a label on its games/discs but im not sureKrayzieJ
I thought that too. I'm sure they anticipate such behavior.
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
thats actually a pretty good idea. I would probably just swap discs with one from Blockbuster.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HiResDes
I think blockbuster puts a label on its games/discs but im not sureKrayzieJ

No well maybe in some places, mine no longer bothers.
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Then again, I wouldn't care so much about videogame rankings in the first place.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

Skip Doctor is your pal.

tequilasunriser

It's helped me out I know that much.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HiResDes
I wouldn't do it. Then again, I wouldn't care so much about videogame rankings in the first place.FragStains

I was exaggerating the importance of the ranking, when really I jus tlove playing multiplayer, and I bet my  unofficial squadron is missing me now.
AgostonF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 AgostonF
Member since 2006 • 6965 Posts
I thought of doing that, but never really have. I might do it because Blockbuster employees are usually jackasses to me, but I'd still have doubts.
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts

Don't be cheap and buy a new one. The average person couldn't live with themselves after that, but hey, I don't know you.

andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
buy a new one, you wont want to be #1 if your in prison for FRAUD!!:o lol
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HiResDes

Don't be cheap and buy a new one. The average person couldn't live with themselves after that, but hey, I don't know you.

CrimzonTide

I think the average person at least thinks of doing something like this, and I'm sure even the average person could live with themselves after committing this incredibly horrible injustice. I think you think too highly of the average American citizen at least, but don't worry guys once again I've already decided not to do the switcheroo. Overall I'm dissappointed with the responses only like one guy admitted that he'd think about it, I guess GS is made up of more standup people than I had anticipated. Man you guys are kinda scaring me tho, no sense of evil or underhandedness in any you's, :)
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HiResDes
[QUOTE="alcarazo9"]in EB games they sell a liquid that fixes your disc its like 8 bucks ,buy it, its better than lying :? , it work for my oblivion disc when that happen to it
TheHimura
Hmm, I've never heard of that. I might go there later to fix some of my other discs.

I looked it up and I did find it, but are you sure you don't need any additional accesories to use it ala something like a skip doctor
Conanfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Conanfan1
Member since 2005 • 8014 Posts
Blockbuster could easily fix the disc, but then again, so could you.
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tequilasunriser
[QUOTE="TheHimura"][QUOTE="alcarazo9"]in EB games they sell a liquid that fixes your disc its like 8 bucks ,buy it, its better than lying :? , it work for my oblivion disc when that happen to it
HiResDes

I looked it up and I did find it, but are you sure you don't need any additional accesories to use it ala something like a skip doctor

Those crystal matrix pastes suck IMO. I've used them without success and had to resort back to the skip doctor, which has yet to let me down.
darkside646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darkside646
Member since 2005 • 1086 Posts
They could trace it back to you. Dont do it.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
deactivated-60a3c754d0a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
Member since 2002 • 9782 Posts
I would buy a new one. The thought of someone else arriving home all excited from a trip to blockbuster only to realize that the game they've rented for the weekend doesn't work... well, I couldn't live with myself. Well, I could, but I would dwell on it.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
I think their discs have barcodes on them anyway.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts
[QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]

HiResDes

I think the average person at least thinks of doing something like this, and I'm sure even the average person could live with themselves after committing this incredibly horrible injustice. I think you think too highly of the average American citizen at least, but don't worry guys once again I've already decided not to do the switcheroo. Overall I'm dissappointed with the responses only like one guy admitted that he'd think about it, I guess GS is made up of more standup people than I had anticipated. Man you guys are kinda scaring me tho, no sense of evil or underhandedness in any you's, :)

Most people cannot relate to that in particular as incredibly horrible injustice, because the whole system means incredibly horrible injustice. It's always the workers and consumers that get screwed, and very rarely the businesses. In an ideal society things should not work like this - I can understand your way of reasoning - though obviously, we don't have an ideal society to begin with. And it you didn't know it, obedience never got workers and consumers anywhere.

Of course, it's not like individual acts such as these you mention are going to change society for the better, but it's not really going to do the opposite either; the interests of those who work and produce everything in society are directly opposed to the interests of those who control everything in society and make profits. It is impossible to successfully maintain status quo in the society we have.

I, at least, can certainly not condemn people for taking back what the industries, the businesses and corporations steal from them in their wage labour, their time - add "blood, sweat and tears" for a more dramatic sense of what it's about. But to preach moralism (thou shalt not steal!) to people is really just ignoring and ultimately defending the theft commited towards them. I do not support theft - and I certainly don't support gangsterism, which is in fact business-like, with the main difference being that it is considered illegal - that's also why I have to take into consideration the theft capitalists are collectively comitting towards working people, the working c.lass as a whole. They are the real thieves, who rule our society! It is also common among capitalists to regard taxes as theft - taxes which pay for the basic needs and necessities of a lot of people - don't forget that!

What you choose to do individually in this case doesn't bother me.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
yea I'm sure lots of people have already tried that, and I'm sure a large retail chain like blockbuster already has a heads up on it, so you're most likely just to screw yourself over with that one.

I'd say pick up that disc dr. thing everbody talks about, or buy another copy of gears.
XlpranksterlX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 XlpranksterlX
Member since 2005 • 7438 Posts
No. But then again its hard for me to say because I'm not in that situation. Also you couldn't if you wanted to because most blockbusters tag their discs.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HiResDes
[QUOTE="HiResDes"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]

doubutsuteki

Most people cannot relate to that in particular as incredibly horrible injustice, because the whole system means incredibly horrible injustice. It's always the workers and consumers that get screwed, and very rarely the businesses. In an ideal society things should not work like this - I can understand your way of reasoning - though obviously, we don't have an ideal society to begin with. And it you didn't know it, obedience never got workers and consumers anywhere.

Of course, it's not like individual acts such as these you mention are going to change society for the better, but it's not really going to do the opposite either; the interests of those who work and produce everything in society are directly opposed to the interests of those who control everything in society and make profits. It is impossible to successfully maintain status quo in the society we have.

I, at least, can certainly not condemn people for taking back what the industries, the businesses and corporations steal from them in their wage labour, their time - add "blood, sweat and tears" for a more dramatic sense of what it's about. But to preach moralism (thou shalt not steal!) to people is really just ignoring and ultimately defending the theft commited towards them. I do not support theft - and I certainly don't support gangsterism, which is in fact business-like, with the main difference being that it is considered illegal - that's also why I have to take into consideration the theft capitalists are collectively comitting towards working people, the working c.lass as a whole. They are the real thieves, who rule our society! It is also common among capitalists to regard taxes as theft - taxes which pay for the basic needs and necessities of a lot of people - don't forget that!

What you choose to do individually in this case doesn't bother me.

Wow!, Very nice post, I wanted to make sure I replied so you knew that I had indeed read your post. I think you might be the only one who really addressed the issue seriously and thoroughly, and even as an English major I am impressed with your verbal wielding.

steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts
Recently I just broke the top 10 thousand in Ranked Warzone matches on GeoW, but my 360 suddenly made a weird sound, and a message popped up claiming the disc was unreadable. I'm sure I'm falling quick in rankings, yes I actually care, but now I can't play the game because of a huge circular scratch which covers the entire disc which is the same size as the tray. Anyway, I really really don't have the money to be buying another one, so I was thinking about swapping my disc with one of Blockbusters since they have so many :twisted: Well actually I've already decided not to, because I know the trouble it will cause both Blockbuster, its customers, and maybe even myself later on, but honestly what would you do?HiResDes
your sig is awesome...great movie...but yea i've done it before...do it they don't notice