Real men have Beards

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4013 posts) -

Been growing out my beard.

Does Gamespot like beards?

I can only imagine they do.

#1 Edited by Horgen (110151 posts) -

Your just making up for less hair on top of your head with that beard Acan :P

#2 Posted by bforrester420 (1654 posts) -

I like a beard for about 2 months, and then I can no longer stand it. I usually only grow out a beard if I want to do something goofy, like sport a fu-manchu or a mustache with pork chop sideburns for a couple of days. You know, the facial hair that is really awkward to grow out by itself? I'll grow the beard for a few months and then phase it out over a week or two with incrementally silly facial hair configurations.

I look much better with just a 5-o'clock shadow than a beard.

#3 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25759 posts) -

I had a beard of similar girth years back. Then more recently a goatee. Beards can be awe-inspiring things, that's for certains.

#4 Edited by lostrib (37529 posts) -

I prefer not to grow out my facial hair

#5 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I got bored with having a beard in my early 20's.

#6 Posted by one_plum (6358 posts) -

No. I'm a fake man.

#7 Edited by TheFlush (5565 posts) -

To think 'being a man' is somehow linked to outer appearance is a bit pathetic now isn't it?
A beard is fine, as long as you can't grab it with your hand. If you can do that, it's just gross.

#8 Edited by ferrari2001 (16966 posts) -

I have a beard yes, but I disagree with the fact that not having a beard means you aren't a real man. A real man has a penis, I pretty sure that's the ultimate defining characteristic of a man.

#9 Posted by deeliman (2440 posts) -

I think you guys are taking his title to seriously. (serious or seriously here?)

#10 Posted by yokofox33 (29867 posts) -

I love beards. I'm in the process of growing mine out right now. I'm going all out with it. Bought beard oil, beard comb, plan to start using conditioner in it. Hopefully it turns out swimmingly.

And just for reference:

#11 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

I can't grow one. My chin comes in nice and thick, my lip is sort of light though. My chops refuse to connect to everything else. Now my younger brother, he can grow a manly beard.

#12 Posted by BossPerson (9473 posts) -

@Randolph: genetics screwed me over as well

#13 Edited by destinhpark (4753 posts) -

I do appreciate a good beard, but I wouldn't say they make one a "real" man.

#14 Posted by Master_Live (14786 posts) -

@BossPerson said:

+1

#15 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

Mine won't grow past a certain point. The hair is in place, but it just stops after awhile. It's like a baby having their head just barely covered with hair haha

#16 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

I can't grow one.

I must be an androgynous freak.

#17 Posted by CountBleck12 (22926 posts) -

I would prefer to have a small goatee without the mustache, I trim it once or twice a week. My facial hair gets rather annoying though since it grows back pretty quickly for me.

#18 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13034 posts) -

@acanofcoke said:

I had about that much on my face a few hours ago, I'm back down to a goatee now. I couldn't stop standing in front of the mirror playing search-and-destroy with the split ends, so I cut it back.

#19 Posted by hippiesanta (9884 posts) -

me double chin and beard ... lol

#20 Edited by t1striker (1549 posts) -

Not big on putting my picture on the internet, but I've made some terrible, and poorly done alterations to this picture. Enjoy.

Edit: Wow didn't even notice I missed erasing the bottom portion. huh, told you guys I poorly made alterations to this picture. lol

#21 Edited by GTA_dude (18355 posts) -

I too am a big fan of beards

I keep mine trimmed, at about 5/8ths inch, and keep it away from my lips so no food will get stuck or anything. It takes me about 3 weeks to grow it this far, then I start trimming. I shampoo it, and comb it when I get out of the shower. The combing feels amazing, and makes it look clean and straight. I've had it for about 18 months now, I shave it all off and start fresh about once a year. I used to have a goatee, but the beard gets ALOT more attention from ladies, and it gets pretty comfortable once you've had it long enough. I like having it, and I feel naked the first few days after I shave it off.

Yes, you are still a real man if you dont have one. But having one shows a few things. First, it is a sign of genetics, that you have good genes otherwise known as "Sexy genes". The genes for the ability to grow a beard, and that you have a good chance of passing these genes off to your offspring. Second, shows age, you look more mature, wiser, older, responsible, chicks dig older guys, and older guys usually have more of the fatherly figure. Third, it shows high levels of testosterone. High testosterone shows you are manly, aggressive, dominate, confident, better muscle tone, more energy, and a high sex drive. And forth, it just shows you are a man, not a girl and not a boy, but a older man who most likely has his s*** together.

#22 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4013 posts) -

@GTA_dude: This guy knows what's up!

Liking the pics guys, keep it coming.

#23 Posted by elkoldo (1164 posts) -

@TheFlush said:

To think 'being a man' is somehow linked to outer appearance is a bit pathetic now isn't it?

This.

#24 Edited by Iszdope (10121 posts) -

This should be stickied.

#25 Edited by indzman (18007 posts) -

I never had much of facial hair to even have a beard of moustache, so clean shaven for me always :)

#26 Posted by hippiesanta (9884 posts) -

@indzman said:

I never had much of facial hair to even have a beard of moustache, so clean shaven for me always :)

but how about your bollywood chest? lol

#27 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

I love beards. I'm in the process of growing mine out right now. I'm going all out with it. Bought beard oil, beard comb, plan to start using conditioner in it. Hopefully it turns out swimmingly.

And just for reference:

Is it just me or is Ron Swansons face used as template here?

@Master_Live said:

@BossPerson said:

+1

+2... I have a really pathetic facial hair.

#28 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

Looks like you need to go bald, you're pulling a Lebron

#29 Posted by Master_Live (14786 posts) -

@t1striker said:

Not big on putting my picture on the internet, but I've made some terrible, and poorly done alterations to this picture. Enjoy.

Edit: Wow didn't even notice I missed erasing the bottom portion. huh, told you guys I poorly made alterations to this picture. lol

Great hair + beard combo.

#30 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Epic beard, Iv starting to grow mine looks good but not at your level epic, got beard oil and comb :) They are a sign of courage! There's a good reason why our leaders don't have beards because they are not men!

#31 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

I rarely shave but I did recently for an interview.

#32 Posted by indzman (18007 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

@indzman said:

but how about your bollywood chest? lol

That too clean as shit lol , but i got hair somewhere else on my body so nothing to worry about not having any facial hair *wink* *wink* =P

#33 Posted by ad1x2 (5664 posts) -

Depending on your job growing a beard may not be an option regardless of how much of a man you may want to be.

I would grow a half-assed beard while in high school but after joining the military I haven't grown it out except when on leave and that was only until it started itching.

Also, a funny fact is the last US president to have facial hair of any kind left office over a hundred years ago.

#34 Edited by one_plum (6358 posts) -
@t1striker said:

#35 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

I guess I'm not a real man, because I can grow a decent amount of hair everywhere but the sides of my face.

#36 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@ultimate-k said:

Okay I loled at that. Pretty damn funny video.

#37 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151379 posts) -

Beards look dirty.

#38 Posted by yokofox33 (29867 posts) -

@horgen123: Yep. It's from Nick Offerman's book "Paddle Your Own Canoe." Nick Offerman is my hero, making Ron Swanson my fictional hero.

#39 Edited by Storm_Marine (11114 posts) -

@GTA_dude said:

Yes, you are still a real man if you dont have one. But having one shows a few things

Most beards I see are either on skinny hipster types OR Duck Dynasty types.

#40 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2268 posts) -

I can't have a beard because of my job. le sigh. In college I had a thick beard and I miss it lol.

#41 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

I can;t grow a beard :( Last time I tried it turned into patchy mess, Movember is my worst month

#42 Posted by gamerguru100 (10647 posts) -

I look a lot better without facial hair, so I guess I'll never be a real man. Too bad so sad. ):

#43 Edited by nait2k4 (79 posts) -

Beards are like cruise control for awesome. *This ain't me BTW

#44 Edited by Jag85 (4579 posts) -

I have a goatee beard... but only because I can't grow proper side-burns.

#45 Posted by GTA_dude (18355 posts) -

@Storm_Marine said:

@GTA_dude said:

Yes, you are still a real man if you dont have one. But having one shows a few things

Well, I am neither a skinny hipster or a fat duck hunter...

I am actually a physically fit athletic college student who is taking the chance to take advantage of my attributes. Seeing how I am a student at the party school ASU, which also has many cute young girls attending. It is beneficial for me to look as good as I can, so I can bang as many of the girls as I want. Girls like muscles and beards, so I work out to get the muscles, and I grow and groom my beard. The two work well together...

#46 Posted by Legend500 (128 posts) -

I'd love to have a beard. Not a long beard but just have some growth on my cheeks. Right now all I can grow is a Spanish pirate esque one.

#47 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (971 posts) -

A beard is awesome IF it is grown right. One of my pet peeves is to see a guy with a beard that is cut right to the jawline.

#48 Posted by GazaAli (22958 posts) -

I recently shaved mine after growing it for several months straight. I kept trimming it every couple of weeks though or else the itch would drive me crazy.

Frankly I definitely came to see the value of a beard for a man so I'm planning or regrowing it again soon. I wish it didn't take a lot of work to properly maintain lol

#49 Edited by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

@GTA_dude said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@GTA_dude said:

Well, I am neither a skinny hipster or a fat duck hunter...

I am actually a physically fit athletic college student who is taking the chance to take advantage of my attributes. Seeing how I am a student at the party school ASU, which also has many cute young girls attending. It is beneficial for me to look as good as I can, so I can bang as many of the girls as I want. Girls like muscles and beards, so I work out to get the muscles, and I grow and groom my beard. The two work well together...

#50 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5550 posts) -

beard wouldnt look right on me. I prefer having the "Nut Smudge" like in that pic above.

What i do like is having a hairstyle ,aww yeah :D