PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Pop, especially Lady Gaga >>>>>>>> everything else.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

That's even more absurd than the topic of this thread. You're just trolling, right?

Right?

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#54 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

That's even more absurd than the topic of this thread. You're just trolling, right?

Right?

That butthurt.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jasean79

@princessgomez92 said:

@jasean79 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Right?

That butthurt.

Umm, ok.

I will give Lady Gaga some credit that she did go to Julliard and at least has a background in music. Though, to make a statement that her style of music is better than "everything else" is hogwash.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
@GazaAli said:

Hey, Miley Cyrus wrote a pretty great fugue.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

@GazaAli said:

Hey, Miley Cyrus wrote a pretty great fugue.

I don't think she's the one who wrote it. It's obvious from the comments below the video that the uploader is the one who composed this fugue. I'm not an expert on music, but from what I understand, it appears that the uploader composed that fugue based on some song by Miley.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Right?

Lady Gaga will be a distant memory in fewer than 5 years while bands like Pearl Jam are still selling out tours after 20 years. Bands like the Grateful Dead, Phish, Peal Jam, etc have far more loyal, long lasting followings that Lady Gaga could dream of.

Most pop stars don't even write their own lyrics or music.

I can name two pop stars that have remained relevant like rock bands: Madonna (who Gaga basically ripped off) and the late Michael Jackson.

Let me ask you this: Can you envision kids 30 years from now discovering and falling in love Gaga's music like generation after generation have with bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Given all the metal heads that have made basically the same thread saying the same about metal "music" I just want to give you a hug for this thread tc.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GazaAli

@Serraph105 said:

Given all the metal heads that have made basically the same thread saying the same about metal "music" I just want to give you a hug for this thread tc.

Oh God metal is horrible. That endless screaming and noise...

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jasean79

@GazaAli said:

@Serraph105 said:

That's a terrible generalization. Screaming metal is only a small portion of the genre.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
@GazaAli said:

I don't think she's the one who wrote it. It's obvious from the comments below the video that the uploader is the one who composed this fugue. I'm not an expert on music, but from what I understand, it appears that the uploader composed that fugue based on some song by Miley.

Yeah, I know :P

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GazaAli

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

@GazaAli said:

Yeah, I know :P

Oh you :3

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GazaAli

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@Serraph105 said:

That's a terrible generalization. Screaming metal is only a small portion of the genre.

All metal sounds the same to me. I heard some metal on multiple occasions and I always reached the same conclusion: how can some people listen to this on regular basis?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@Serraph105 said:

All metal sounds the same to me. I heard some metal on multiple occasions and I always reached the same conclusion: how can some people listen to this on regular basis?

I will say this for metal, I think it sounds really good to a certain subset of the population, namely angsty teenagers and people who never outgrow being an angsty teen. I used to love metal, but now when I listen to 99% of it I can't stand it. I feel the same way about most rap I hear, it seems like it's just made for and marketed directly to angsty teenagers.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@jessejay420 said:

@GazaAli said:

and yet shes hotter than any girl you will ever bang in your life.

oh the irony!

She's fucking hideous. Either you have poor taste or you're just being a twit.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Since we're talking opinions, rap/hip hop is everywhere because its cheap and only "ratchet" people can afford it.

Necroplazma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Necroplazma
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

@jessejay420 said:

lil wayne and drake are like gods in this era of music.

Really shitty and obvious trolling.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@hippiesanta said:

Ja rule quit hiphop because of this

Bwahahahaha

@GazaAli said:

@Serraph105 said:

I hardly see Metal get love by a middle eastern. I know i'm generalising people but that's what I usually see... Metal and ME doesn't blend well

Aso reminds me of the movie "Aint no Mess wt the Zohan" ... when Mariah carey melt those arabs heart.

I wish I can bring you to Napalm Death concert .. garzaAli, doing crowd surfing and stage dive.... or maybe some Taqwacore gigs (which i'm looking forward one day) ... lol

Avatar image for thereturnoftheg
theReturnoftheG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By theReturnoftheG
Member since 2013 • 89 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@Serraph105 said:

Uh, you just generalized the entirety of hip-hop producers just in the last page by saying that they all borrow shit from other artist, so...

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jasean79

@thereturnoftheg said:

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@Serraph105 said:

Uh, you just generalized the entirety of hip-hop producers just in the last page by saying that they all borrow shit from other artist, so...

Exactly! :)

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GazaAli

@hippiesanta: I guess you're truly obsessed with the Middle East since I honestly don't know how the topic of the Middle East would be relevantly brought up in a discussion about metal.

But to comment on that: if what you're saying is actually true, maybe it's due to the fact that the metal genre and the culture of the Middle East are just incompatible with each other which is frankly a compliment considering how awful metal is.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By GazaAli

@theone86 said:

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@Serraph105 said:

I will say this for metal, I think it sounds really good to a certain subset of the population, namely angsty teenagers and people who never outgrow being an angsty teen. I used to love metal, but now when I listen to 99% of it I can't stand it. I feel the same way about most rap I hear, it seems like it's just made for and marketed directly to angsty teenagers.

Thank you good sir, I wouldn't have been able to put it any better. I mean I used to be evangelical about Rap when I was 15-17. Now when I think about it, I can't believe I used to listen to that nonsense.

Avatar image for thereturnoftheg
theReturnoftheG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By theReturnoftheG
Member since 2013 • 89 Posts

@theone86 said:

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@Serraph105 said:

You do know a huge part of rappers and metal musicians (and just musicians in general) don't "market" towards anyone, right? They can't afford that. I'm sure you're only thinking of generic mall-metal bands or something, but this is wrong, and really rather ignorant. What do you listen to when you "outgrow" metal/hip-hop? Am I just suppose to listen to random folk or something? Boring, withered old man music for a boring, withered old man when I get to the point that I should "outgrow" these things?

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

Rap, just like any genre of music, has its fair share of garbage to account for. Personally I have a preference for heavy metal of various sub-genres.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I get up early and click on Gamespot: yay!

Then I see another thread by jeseejay,

Nay I say, way to ruin my day,

Now I only hope that he goes away.

LMFAO

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@hippiesanta: I guess you're truly obsessed with the Middle East since I honestly don't know how the topic of the Middle East would be relevantly brought up in a discussion about metal.

But to comment on that: if what you're saying is actually true, maybe it's due to the fact that the metal genre and the culture of the Middle East are just incompatible with each other which is frankly a compliment considering how awful metal is.

that's sad ..... (my opinion) ....

Btw... who's those happy people ?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Eminem>>>>Rap>>>>>Rock IMO!!!!! Keyword: IMO!!

Rhocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Rhocky
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Rap, you say? Well, while we're on the topic of mostly bad poetry, I wrote some of my own bad poetry. You can thank me after you have read it once, and then glanced back over it; possibly following a Google search for a word you previously did not know, in some cases.

My poetry's got flow to it, you see
Or is sight obscured by something Shady?
Rock through to metal or rap to hip hop
Only genres, all run by their own pop
Now I dedicate this caustic acrostic to thee
So-called lovers of music, who listen to its slop

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By GazaAli

@hippiesanta said:

@GazaAli said:

that's sad ..... (my opinion) ....

Btw... who's those happy people ?

They're the members of a Jordanian indie band called Autostrad.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#82 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I agree with OP.

Rap is best.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83  Edited By MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

I'm not going to hate, but honestly I practically never hear rap in my day-to-day life.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@MarioFan264: me either unless I am on a certain side of the city. I don't really listen to much rap at all but I do kinda like brother Ali and atmosphere

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

There's not a single rap/hip-hop song whose musical composition can send chills down my spine.

Loading Video...

"The Message" can for me, but thats old-school rap from the early 1980's when rap was decent. Most rock is much better than any rap, but here's "The Message":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY&feature=kp

I particularly like the part from 3:46 on, quite telling, especially the final true line of the song: "But now your eyes sing the sad sad song of how you lived so fast and died so young".