Rap/Hip Hop Music >>> Everything Else

  • 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by jessejay420 (4089 posts) -

Rap and hip hop pretty much destroys every genre of music.

Everytime you turn on the tv or radio its rap.

everytime you walk outside,people are dressed hip/hop.

you cant escape it.

why? cause its the best

Rap/hip hop destroys everything,especially the music you metal heads and emos listen to.

Rap /hip is known for great lyrics and amazing beats.

rock music and all the other crap you listen to is just nothing but screaming lyrics that noone can understand into the microphone while the same old guitar riffs are playing in the background.

dont even get me started on country music lol.i dont want to hear a song about some hillbilly who lost his chickens in a storm.

Rap/hip hop is the last known form of pure music left.

lil wayne and drake are like gods in this era of music.

there are no other artists who can hold a candle to jay z,kanye,wiz,rihanna,flo-rida,snoop dogg,etc.

Now go ahead and name some obscure bands that nobody but you and 17 other people has ever heard of and pretend you have any arguement.

#2 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

I get up early and click on Gamespot: yay!

Then I see another thread by jeseejay,

Nay I say, way to ruin my day,

Now I only hope that he goes away.

#3 Posted by themajormayor (24298 posts) -

One troll thread after another.

#4 Edited by GazaAli (23780 posts) -

.

#5 Posted by jessejay420 (4089 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

One troll thread after another.

troll?

opinions are trolling now?

well i guess we should all just think like you then maybe your day will go better.

#6 Posted by jessejay420 (4089 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

.

and yet shes hotter than any girl you will ever bang in your life.

oh the irony!

#7 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152404 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

I get up early and click on Gamespot: yay!

Then I see another thread by jeseejay,

Nay I say, way to ruin my day,

Now I only hope that he goes away.

lol....you win the thread.

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (31680 posts) -

What a terrible thread.

Pink Floyd > any "rap"\"hip-hop" artist

#9 Edited by Kevlar101 (6257 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

What a terrible thread.

Pink Floyd > any "rap"\"hip-hop" artist

^^This, a thousand times over

#10 Edited by Kevlar101 (6257 posts) -
@jessejay420 said:

@themajormayor said:

One troll thread after another.

troll?

opinions are trolling now?

well i guess we should all just think like you then maybe your day will go better.

You seem to be confusing rock with screamo.

"rock music and all the other crap you listen to is just nothing but screaming lyrics that noone can understand into the microphone while the same old guitar riffs are playing in the background."

Screaming vocals is not rock music, that is screamo, or "garage metal". You are either a troll, or have your genres confused.

And 95% of all rap/hip-hop I have heard is way more repetitive in style that any rock I have heard. The lyrics are usually even more repetitive.

#11 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

What a terrible thread.

Pink Floyd > any "rap"\"hip-hop" artist

Ummm ...

why only Pink Floyd ?

Any POP , Rock > Hip Hop :P

#12 Edited by indzman (19965 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

I get up early and click on Gamespot: yay!

Then I see another thread by jeseejay,

Nay I say, way to ruin my day,

Now I only hope that he goes away.

This poetry is 100 X better than this thread =P

#13 Posted by jessejay420 (4089 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

What a terrible thread.

Pink Floyd > any "rap"\"hip-hop" artist

pink floyd hasnt released anything good since the wall.

how many times are you gonna say "hey teacher,leave those kids alone" before you get bored to death?

lol @ pink floyd

#14 Posted by MonsieurX (31680 posts) -

@jessejay420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

What a terrible thread.

Pink Floyd > any "rap"\"hip-hop" artist

pink floyd hasnt released anything good since the wall.

how many times are you gonna say "hey teacher,leave those kids alone" before you get bored to death?

lol @ pink floyd

lol @ your poor trolling

#15 Edited by playmynutz (6391 posts) -

Micheal Jackson XSCAPE murders all rap and r&b

#16 Posted by jessejay420 (4089 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@jessejay420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

What a terrible thread.

Pink Floyd > any "rap"\"hip-hop" artist

pink floyd hasnt released anything good since the wall.

how many times are you gonna say "hey teacher,leave those kids alone" before you get bored to death?

lol @ pink floyd

lol @ your poor trolling

lol @ your taste of outdated music.

#17 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13488 posts) -

There's not a single rap/hip-hop song whose musical composition can send chills down my spine.

Loading Video...

#18 Edited by robokill (1064 posts) -

Troll thread in progress, a lame one at that. Any human with half a brain knows musical taste is subjective, stating otherwise makes you a troll or a moron.

#19 Posted by konvikt_17 (22368 posts) -

@jessejay420 said:

@GazaAli said:

.

and yet shes hotter than any girl you will ever bang in your life.

oh the irony!

that bitch is ugly.

#20 Edited by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
@jessejay420 said:

lil wayne and drake are like gods in this era of music.

You say that like it's a good thing, if anything that just tells me Hip-Hop/Rap is as watered down today as every other genre of music.

Edit: Also, no real fan of the genre would say that so you be trollin.

#21 Posted by pyro1245 (1074 posts) -

Yeah you're pretty much wrong all the way. The best thing hip-hop ever did was get incorporated into electronic music. Hip-hop would be great if most of the artists didn't rap about stupid nonsense; they should just throw in some melody over the beats instead. I find most of the people who listen to mostly rap insufferable.

@MonsieurX said:

What a terrible thread.

Pink Floyd > any "rap"\"hip-hop" artist

gotta agree with this ^^^

#23 Edited by Hiddai (6087 posts) -

@jessejay420 said:

Rap and hip hop pretty much destroys every genre of music.

Everytime you turn on the tv or radio its rap.

everytime you walk outside,people are dressed hip/hop.

you cant escape it.

why? cause its the best

Rap/hip hop destroys everything,especially the music you metal heads and emos listen to.

Rap /hip is known for great lyrics and amazing beats.

rock music and all the other crap you listen to is just nothing but screaming lyrics that noone can understand into the microphone while the same old guitar riffs are playing in the background.

dont even get me started on country music lol.i dont want to hear a song about some hillbilly who lost his chickens in a storm.

Rap/hip hop is the last known form of pure music left.

lil wayne and drake are like gods in this era of music.

there are no other artists who can hold a candle to jay z,kanye,wiz,rihanna,flo-rida,snoop dogg,etc.

Now go ahead and name some obscure bands that nobody but you and 17 other people has ever heard of and pretend you have any arguement.

Kanye? Wiz? Flo-Rida?
Who are they?!?!?!?!?!?!

How about Rakim, Dr. Dre, 2Pac, Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Run-DMC, Biggy, Nas, MC Eiht, Public Enemy...and the list can go on and on til' the break of dawn...

#25 Posted by ad1x2 (5795 posts) -

First, a thread declaring the US is the best country in the world when half of this forum hates the US government and the US in general. Then a thread praising rap as the best genre of music in a forum full of people who listen exclusively to rock and metal, while mocking what they consider "mainstream" music. Yeah, we know where you're going with this.

#26 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9498 posts) -

Such an amazing, thought provoking thread TC. I am now going to think about everything I've read here and consider my taste in music because of your thread.

#27 Posted by Kevlar101 (6257 posts) -

@jessejay420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

What a terrible thread.

Pink Floyd > any "rap"\"hip-hop" artist

pink floyd hasnt released anything good since the wall.

how many times are you gonna say "hey teacher,leave those kids alone" before you get bored to death?

lol @ pink floyd

Considering that The Wall was one of their later albums, this indicates that you think most of their material is good.

Also, you criticize 'Another Brick in the Wall' , right after you say that the album it's on is good.

You sir are a very poor troll.

#28 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6356 posts) -

Rap is cRap

Longevity is what they lack

Gay-Z fucks Frank Ocean and cum squirts

all over Tom Ford's ass and T-shirts

Beyonce begs for more Cum

But Gay-Z/Feminem/Dr Gay are sandwiched in a threesome

Lil Wayne, Drake and their music is what I detest

Their black men entourages are a massive sausage fest.

But look out!, it's Robin Thicke's dick inside Pharell and T.I.

Oh wait a sec....I didn't know T.I. was so bi.

No wonder Paula Hatton left Robin

His "big" white dick couldn't get her clit throbbing.

Momma knows best....when it comes to Kangay West

She knows he's a gay fish who hides so peeps won't detest.

Ruff Ryders love Snoop Doggy Stylin them big black dicks

Why so many black male entourages and no chicks?

Oh wait...... a Rock crew got them.

Who...?

...Good ol Led Zep, Motorhead and Motley Crue.

LOL

#29 Edited by SexyJazzCat (1511 posts) -

lol no. Success, sex, and drugs seems to be the central subject of rap/hip hop.

#30 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (842 posts) -
@jessejay420 said:

rock music and all the other crap you listen to is just nothing but screaming lyrics that noone can understand into the microphone while the same old guitar riffs are playing in the background.

You do know that Run–D.M.C. and The Beastie Boys were two of the most popular rap groups in history because they merged rap and rock together right ? License To Ill is one of the greatest and most influential albums ever made and as much as I hate and despise Run–D.M.C.'s cover of "Walk This Way" for perverting one of the greatest hard rock songs ever (IMO), the cover basically led to the creation of an entire sub-genre in rap.

@VERTIGO47 said:

She knows he's a gay fish who hides so peeps won't detest.

XD South Park.

#31 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6869 posts) -

Wrong forum man, mostly hip hop haters here. And while I probably won't agree that it's the best, hip hop is up there as one of my favourite genres.

#32 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

@Shottayouth13-:

Perhaps if it wasn't so hard to seek out hip hop that wasn't so stereotypical, people wouldn't be hating.

#33 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2347 posts) -

@jessejay420: lol drake a lil wayne? the softest rapper ever and a fake blood who kisses Birdman on the lips ahahha, you must be a 15 year old boy. when i see people dressed in hype beast hip hop clothes I just laugh and think "what a fucking clown", and the rest of the world does too. I like rap but real rap.

#36 Posted by jasean79 (2398 posts) -

You can't spell CRAP without RAP.

#37 Posted by comp_atkins (32028 posts) -

lol internetters arguing opinions

#38 Posted by Chatch09 (698 posts) -

Death Metal FTW!!!

#39 Edited by jasean79 (2398 posts) -

@jessejay420: Rap/hip hop is the last known form of pure music left.

I love this one. Considering Rappers borrow all their beats and samples from other more well-known, talented artists from genres that aren't rap. Cracks me up.

#40 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

This is another reason this place is dying. even the trolls are half assed sorry excuses for trolls.

#41 Edited by bforrester420 (2055 posts) -

Britney Spears used to sell a shitload of albums, as did New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, Justin Bieber, and a host of other lousy "bands".

Popularity =! Quality

Staying power is what counts in Music. The Rolling Stones have been touring for 50 years and still sell out stadiums. How many rappers are still relevant after decades? Hell, how many rappers are relevant after one decade? I can name dozens of bands that still tour and sell out concerts for longer than 20 years.

#42 Edited by bforrester420 (2055 posts) -

@jessejay420 said:

@themajormayor said:

One troll thread after another.

troll?

opinions are trolling now?

well i guess we should all just think like you then maybe your day will go better.

When your opinion is poorly formulated, even more poorly communicated, insulting, and posed as fact...well yes...that is trolling.

#43 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (842 posts) -
@jasean79 said:

@jessejay420: Rap/hip hop is the last known form of pure music left.

I love this one. Considering Rappers borrow all their beats and samples from other more well-known, talented artists from genres that aren't rap. Cracks me up.

Borrow? Maybe, though a lot of rap artists have guest stars perform on their songs. Kerry King from Slayer played lead guitar on "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" by the Beastie Boys.

#44 Edited by jasean79 (2398 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@jasean79 said:

@jessejay420: Rap/hip hop is the last known form of pure music left.

I love this one. Considering Rappers borrow all their beats and samples from other more well-known, talented artists from genres that aren't rap. Cracks me up.

Borrow? Maybe, though a lot of rap artists have guest stars perform on their songs. Kerry King from Slayer played lead guitar on "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" by the Beastie Boys.

Which serves to validate my point even more.

#45 Edited by Motokid6 (6312 posts) -

Present day rap/hip-hop is fake tween-wave trash. Just.. pure shit that's destroying the music industry. Zero talent what so ever anymore.

#46 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (842 posts) -
@jasean79 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@jasean79 said:

@jessejay420: Rap/hip hop is the last known form of pure music left.

I love this one. Considering Rappers borrow all their beats and samples from other more well-known, talented artists from genres that aren't rap. Cracks me up.

Borrow? Maybe, though a lot of rap artists have guest stars perform on their songs. Kerry King from Slayer played lead guitar on "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" by the Beastie Boys.

Which serves to validate my point even more.

Actually the notion that they used a 'popular artist' is debatable in this particular instance. Slayer's music was still banned from radio when that song was recorded, and if anything, the song helped bring attention to King and Slayer, as they only had a limited cult following at that point. And the only reason K.K. performed on that song was because The Beastie Boys and Slayer were signed to the same record label. King is extremely talented though lol.

#47 Edited by Netret0120 (2871 posts) -

Music taste is subjective you silly boy. I like Eminem and think he is the best rapper alive. I am sure many people will agree and disagree with me that he is the best MC.

#48 Edited by l34052 (3321 posts) -

Ive grown up listening to rap my whole life but with a handfull of exceptions todays rap music is sellout commercial shit.

Back in the day rap actually meant something and mc's had a message, commentaries on modern society and the problems in it, sociological issues, race issues and many more were all talked about, today its just about how big your rims are and how how big your gold chain is and which house you live in its pitiful.

#49 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (842 posts) -
@l34052 said:

Ive grown up listening to rap my whole life but with a handfull of exceptions todays rap music is sellout commercial shit.

Back in the day rap actually meant something and mc's had a message, commentaries on modern society and the problems in it, sociological issues, race issues and many more were all talked about, today its just about how big your rims are and how how big your gold chain is and which house you live in its pitiful.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but what about Macklemore's "Same Love?" I bet you didn't hear that message back in the late 80s and 90s.

#50 Edited by hippiesanta (9991 posts) -

Ja rule quit hiphop because of this