Prop 19 California 2010 - Legalization of Marijuanna

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunny569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bunny569
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

What do you think?

i think yes it should be legal.

just look how alcohol used to be illegal and it was far worse, i live in california and man its like 80% of the people i know smoke it.

Aft3rBurn3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Aft3rBurn3r
Member since 2007 • 668 Posts
Most original topic subject award goes too..........bunny569!!! Ok, just messing with you, but it has been done a million times before. My opinion though....legalizing it brings in tax dollars which states could definitely use right now, so go for it!
bebop013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bebop013
Member since 2004 • 4225 Posts
grow up and do coke like an adult!
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts

mmkay?

bunny569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bunny569

lmao! i was just curious to see if we could have a serious discussion like i know a lot of people are yes for prop 19, but what about the nay sayers?

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

Drugs are bad for the country's productivity.

Serial-No_3404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serial-No_3404
Member since 2007 • 2876 Posts

bloodling
But they will bring in ALOT of money in the form of taxes
Tweetie-Pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tweetie-Pot
Member since 2010 • 1040 Posts
serious discussionbunny569
This most likely won't happen :P
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
I hope it passes as I live on the Cali border and would be making visits there quite often :)
bruinfan617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bruinfan617
Member since 2010 • 3767 Posts
Most original topic subject award goes too..........bunny569!!! Ok, just messing with you, but it has been done a million times before. My opinion though....legalizing it brings in tax dollars which states could definitely use right now, so go for it!Aft3rBurn3r
What makes you think they'll use it on something beneficial...
ANlMOSITY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANlMOSITY
Member since 2010 • 701 Posts

Does anyone have any reasons for not legalizing it?

ToppledPillars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ToppledPillars
Member since 2010 • 1590 Posts

it isn't legal yet? slowpokes!

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

it isn't legal yet? slowpokes!

ToppledPillars

I heard their tails are delicious

also I think it should be legal but should be some rules on how can one get it. a shame it would be legal though.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="bloodling"]

You'd be amazed at the number of doctors, lawyers and businessmen who smoke pot.

I agree, some people are better at there jobs when high, my friend she use to make straight As on her tests, I was like how you do it she said cuz she smoke pot before it lmao. ;/
Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

yes, it should be legal. :)

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Illegal since the Feds cant regulate it

theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

Legalize it and keep the driving under the influence laws. Start some awareness like, if your going to smoke get a driver or do it at home or something. Sell it to over 21 like alcohol. Maybe make dealers get licenses to sell so they can keep track of it. It won't be perfect of course but at least it should help the California budget a bit. Plus the manpower in law enforcement can focus on other more dangerous drugs like meth and coke.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Stay illegal imo.

bunny569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bunny569

Legalize it and keep the driving under the influence laws. Start some awareness like, if your going to smoke get a driver or do it at home or something. Sell it to over 21 like alcohol. Maybe make dealers get licenses to sell so they can keep track of it. It won't be perfect of course but at least it should help the California budget a bit. Plus the manpower in law enforcement can focus on other more dangerous drugs like meth and coke.

theycallmeRP
they already said they are going to be legal for ages 21+ also they said it would be legal to be high at jobs, however there is a limit to how "high" you can be, only for tolerable ammounts, obviously you wouldnt want to be BLOWN if ur gonna operate heavy machinery.
Avatar image for deactivated-5857b4a04988e
deactivated-5857b4a04988e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5857b4a04988e
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
I only support the use of marijuana for medical purposes. A general legalization would bring money in the short term through taxes, but would hurt the country as a whole in the long term with loss of production.
bunny569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bunny569
[QUOTE="Santesyu"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="bloodling"]

You'd be amazed at the number of doctors, lawyers and businessmen who smoke pot.

I agree, some people are better at there jobs when high, my friend she use to make straight As on her tests, I was like how you do it she said cuz she smoke pot before it lmao. ;/

i honestly dont know how that was even possible, they did a test on that high me movie where the dude got high for 30 days, he showed to be scoring less on the SAT test. though he didnt study the day before, or go to school, it could be that your friend smoked some to calm the nerves which could play a factor in the scoring as she was calm that helps for better thinking. but marijuanna actually making u smarter? i doubt it.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#23 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
they should just legalize it and tax the heck out of it. They already do it with alcohol and cigarettes, its not much different.
Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

[QUOTE="Santesyu"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

bunny569

i honestly dont know how that was even possible, they did a test on that high me movie where the dude got high for 30 days, he showed to be scoring less on the SAT test. though he didnt study the day before, or go to school, it could be that your friend smoked some to calm the nerves which could play a factor in the scoring as she was calm that helps for better thinking. but marijuanna actually making u smarter? i doubt it.

Depends on the strain (or potency?) of THC and how much you do it from a science journal someone mentioned to me. There hasn't been enough conclusive study but there could be if it was legalized.

Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Stanley09

Stay illegal imo.

Espada12

Why? There is no reason for it(or any drug,but especially weed) to be illegal.

As far as prop 19 goes, I really hope it passes. It will be moving in the right direction but heres the thing. THe polls are very close. Like only a 52% approval rating or something.

On the opposing side, the beercompanies are going to be voting no(and they are already throwing money into the anti prop19). The drug dealers are going to vote no. The marijuana dispensary workers are going to vote no. And then you have all the other flat out ignorant people who will vote no. That just leaves the common, knowledgable man to vote yes. I hate to say it, but it probably wont pass. And its going to be a VERY close poll.

Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stanley09
I only support the use of marijuana for medical purposes. A general legalization would bring money in the short term through taxes, but would hurt the country as a whole in the long term with loss of production.Dtnoip28
how so? That doesnt mean everyone in america would use it, and sit around all day. If anything its good so that common folk arent put in jail for something stupid like this.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I couldn't care either way. Might as well legalize it so teenagers will stop obsessing over it all the time.

More important issues that need to be taken care of imo.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Stay illegal imo.

Stanley09

As far as prop 19 goes, I really hope it passes. It will be moving in the right direction but heres the thing. THe polls are very close. Like only a 52% approval rating or something.

On the opposing side, the beercompanies are going to be voting no(and they are already throwing money into the anti prop19). The drug dealers are going to vote no. The marijuana dispensary workers are going to vote no. And then you have all the other flat out ignorant people who will vote no. That just leaves the common, knowledgable man to vote yes. I hate to say it, but it probably wont pass. And its going to be a VERY close poll.

So basically everyone who is against it is either afraid of the competition, a dealer or ignorant? But those who are for it have considered knowledgeable? Good to know.

ANlMOSITY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ANlMOSITY
Member since 2010 • 701 Posts

People are going to smoke it all the time and build a tolerance, then they will be buying more and more of it

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
Tobacco is a drug, you got to add chemicals to it, get addicted Alcohol is a drug, you get addicted to it Weed isn't a drug, its a plant that grows out of the ground, who knew it was possible to make nature illegal
xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

People are going to smoke it all the time and build a tolerance, then they will be buying more and more of it

ANlMOSITY

Which means more tax money, and more jobs since we will need a better infrastructure to distribute and regulate it.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
alll drugs should be legalized but only under one condition if somebody is intoxicated and pisses you off you can punch them in the face until they stop.
Rckstrchik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Rckstrchik
Member since 2010 • 1271 Posts

I don't live in California so...

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Stanley09"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Stay illegal imo.

Espada12

So basically everyone who is against it is either afraid of the competition, a dealer or ignorant? But those who are for it have considered knowledgeable? Good to know.

It would really help your argument if you actually gave a reason rather than just saying "illegal".

Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts

As long as there is rules for it like alcohol.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

The only people that oppose it are the ones that haven't tried it and realized how harmless it is (I know many people who have done it consistently and are walking with a college degree) or, the ignorant people who just believe that everything illegal is terrible.

I honestly think my brother is a better driver when hes high, couldn't say the same if he was drinking alcohol tho.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Espada12

It would really help your argument if you actually gave a reason rather than just saying "illegal".

worlock77

Just look at any other drug thread, I'm pretty tired stating the same thing over and over at this point.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Espada12

Just look at any other drug thread, I'm pretty tired stating the same thing over and over at this point.

It's easy enough to avoid a thread. If you don't want to actually discuss the topic why bother posting anything?

Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Stanley09
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="Stanley09"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Stay illegal imo.

Umm ya pretty much. Sorry to say but if you dont support legalization your either one of the people I mentioned who would vote no because of greed of cash, or you buy into fear and propaganda
dan1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 dan1776
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

People are going to do it anyway, so better to get it from Walgreens than from gangsters.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

It's easy enough to avoid a thread. If you don't want to actually discuss the topic why bother posting anything?

Because I want to increase my post count obviously.

SeanDog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SeanDog123
Member since 2005 • 1327 Posts
Legal!
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm betting it's going to get legalized.

I see the merit in legalizing it for tax revenue, but I think it's just going to make the streets worse when people drive. I guess it's an excuse to increase the law enforcement budget, though. :)

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#45 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I've said this before-- if Prop 19 passes, it will be really galling if the Obama administration doesn't file a lawsuit against California.

That would be rather interesting, wouldn't it? The federal government would prosecute a state for wanting to enforce our immigration laws, but not prosecute a state for legalizing pot (which is illegal under federal law)? It would also show that the federal government puts the rights of illegal immigrants above the health, safety, and comfort of Americans.

I'm proudly drug-free, and I'll proudly vote "No" on Proposition 19.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

MathMattS

More people need to be like this. Good on you, sir.

Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Stanley09
[QUOTE="MathMattS"]

I've said this before-- if Prop 19 passes, it will be really galling if the Obama administration doesn't file a lawsuit against California.

That would be rather interesting, wouldn't it? The federal government would prosecute a state for wanting to enforce our immigration laws, but not prosecute a state for legalizing pot (which is illegal under federal law)? It would also show that the federal government puts the rights of illegal immigrants above the health, safety, and comfort of Americans.

Why are you going to vote no? Pot smokers dont effect you in any way whatso ever and by voting no, you are putting innocent people in jail for doing something less harmful than alcohol or tabacco. If anything this goes against health, safety, and comfort of americans. If I want to relieve my stress I could get a joint, oh wait, thats illegal. So ill just puff on a cig which is far worse, yet legal.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

I remember how back in 2008, California voted against gay marriage. I know all that changed with the overturn this year, but I could only guess that we are going to vote against the legalization of marijuana.

Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Stanley09
Not to mention that it is basically absurd that we can make nature illegal. A weed plant or magic mushroom is as much of this universe as we are. It is absurd to try to eliminate something from naturally growing
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
After seeing that research (from Austrailia, I think) about marijuana being less harmful to the body than alcohol, I've switched to "yes" for Prop 19.