Popular bands/singers who you cant stand. And why?

• 119 results
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#101 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Justin bieber

miley cyrus

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85:

"Nirvana- Cobain was an average musican as best, In utero pretty much uses only 3 chords, every single song has the same structure, and because one of their most popular songs, Come as you are, is a shameless copy of a Killer Joke song."

I didnt even got the name of the band right...again, how was I defending them?

Wow, you really do have no sense of logic at all. You're clearly defending Killing Joke right there.

Uhm, it's you who has no logic, stop putting words into my mouth.

What I said:

Come as you are is a shameless copy of a killing joke song.

What I meant: Come as you are is a shameless copy of a killing joke song.

What you think I meant: Fucking nirvana man, how dare they, stealing that amazing song which is Eighties by one of the greatest bands in the world: Killing Joke, the poor guys busted their asses to make that amazing song and Nirvana just came over and stole it and then KJ fell into oblivion even though it was the best band ever.

Yeah, dont tell me I have no sense of logic if you think attacking someone is a sign of defending somebody else, I never even said anything possitive about Killing Joke.

You're clearly defending Killing Joke by saying they created a certain song structure first and that Nirvana copied it, saying that you're not is a complete contradiction.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@thegerg said:

CeeLo, because he raped a girl.

WUT? The guy who made that pretty great song "**** You" raped someone? That guy?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#104  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

A housemate of mine plays top 40 radio all the time and nine times out of ten I can't fucking stand it, either because the songs are annoyingly poppy or pretentious. Also, I agree with TC on John Lennon. Dude was a homophobic wife beater, but let's give peace a chance.

Although I will disagree about Led Zeppelin and Cranberries. Zeppelin are thieving bastards but they made the songs their own- you won't mistake the original version of the song for their version. And I love Dolores's voice. She's an awesome singer.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#105  Edited By lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85:

"Nirvana- Cobain was an average musican as best, In utero pretty much uses only 3 chords, every single song has the same structure, and because one of their most popular songs, Come as you are, is a shameless copy of a Killer Joke song."

Wow, you really do have no sense of logic at all. You're clearly defending Killing Joke right there.

What I said:

What you think I meant: Fucking nirvana man, how dare they, stealing that amazing song which is Eighties by one of the greatest bands in the world: Killing Joke, the poor guys busted their asses to make that amazing song and Nirvana just came over and stole it and then KJ fell into oblivion even though it was the best band ever.

Yeah, dont tell me I have no sense of logic if you think attacking someone is a sign of defending somebody else, I never even said anything possitive about Killing Joke.

You're clearly defending Killing Joke by saying they created a certain song structure first and that Nirvana copied it, saying that you're not is a complete contradiction.

So I'm defending Killing Joke because I said that they made a song and then Nirvana stole it? I'm defending them for stating what I thought was the truth? (since KJ stole the song from the TD) How retarded is that?

I'm pretty sure Justin Bieber has albums which have broken sales records. Am I defending Justin Bieber for stating that he sells a lot of copies?

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 xdude85

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85:

What I said:

So I'm defending Killing Joke because I said that they made a song and then Nirvana stole it? I'm defending them for stating what I thought was the truth? (since KJ stole the song from the TD) How retarded is that?

I'm pretty sure Justin Bieber has albums which have broken sales records. Am I defending Justin Bieber for stating that he sells a lot of copies?

Your line of thinking makes no sense at all.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#108 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85:

What I said:

You're saying that stating the truth means you're siding with someone.

At this point I am fairly sure you are just trying to troll me.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

@lightleggy said:

Dolores just annoyingly shouts "ZAAAAMBEEEEEH ZAAMBEEH" with a gruff voice.

laugh out extremely loud........

this lmaoo

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#111 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Ugh, where do I begin...

Robin Thicke

Nicki Minaj

Lil' Wayne

System of a Down - That voice of the lead singer is just off to me.

Justin Bieber - obvious reasons

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@thegerg said:

@MlauTheDaft: yep

So why is'nt he in jail? Is this an alleged thing or a failure of the justice system?

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 xdude85

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85 said:

@lightleggy said:

@xdude85:

What I said:

You're saying that stating the truth means you're siding with someone.

At this point I am fairly sure you are just trying to troll me.

Yeah, that's cute kid.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

I don't dislike them, but I can't bring myself to listen to a full Aerosmith album. I like (love) their hits and not much else. Toys In the Attic would be completely forgettable if it wasn't for "Walk This Way" and "Sweet Emotion." Those two songs kick fing ass, and "Sweet Emotion" has one of the best riffs in history.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

I don't dislike them, but I can't bring myself to listen to a full Aerosmith album. I like (love) their hits and not much else. Toys In the Attic would be completely forgettable if it wasn't for "Walk This Way" and "Sweet Emotion." Those two songs kick fing ass, and "Sweet Emotion" has one of the best riffs in history.

The only song I like from Aerosmith is Dream On.Not a fan really.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 EPICCOMMANDER
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

I take it you are not a fan of rock music in general?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By brimmul777

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Actually,I'm a huge fan of a lot of classic rock/metal.My favorite band being AC/DC.I love Iron Maiden,Ramones,Ozzy Osbourne just to name a few.Also love The Beatles,Elvis Presley,Buddy Holly.I love a lot of the classics, just not Areosmith.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Actually,I'm a huge fan of a lot of classic rock/metal.My favorite band being AC/DC.I love Iron Maiden,Ramones,Ozzy Osbourne just to name a few.Also love The Beatles,Elvis Presley,Buddy Holly.I love a lot of the classics, just not Areosmith.

I don't understand, Aerosmith is very similar to AC/DC and songs like "Same Old Song And Dance" and "Back in the Saddle" sound 1:1 like AC/DC.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#119 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@TheHighWind said:

Miley Cyrus but only when she sticks out her tongue. I mean WHAT is UP with that tongue?

It's just part of her I'm-so-controversial image.

You see, these pop stars aren't as stupid as you think. They know that being outrageous equates to more publicity and hence more dollars.

Look at how Madonna got started.

She was the first.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By brimmul777

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

I don't understand, Aerosmith is very similar to AC/DC and songs like "Same Old Song And Dance" and "Back in the Saddle" sound 1:1 like AC/DC.

I'm just not that keen on Aerosmith,sorry.They both have unique sound,but I find Aerosmith a bit on the glam image.Maybe not their music,but I'm still not big on them.By the way,AC/DC is by far a better band then Aerosmith,and have a lot more fan base.AC/DC is a much bigger band.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 EPICCOMMANDER
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

I'm just not that keen on Aerosmith,sorry.They both have unique sound,but I find Aerosmith a bit on the glam image.Maybe not their music,but I'm still not big on them.By the way,AC/DC is by far a better band then Aerosmith,and have a lot more fan base.AC/DC is a much bigger band.

Aerosmith isn't a shitty band so it's hard for me to call them glam...
In all seriousness I don't like calling Aerosmith glam, they led to the development of the movement sure, but I only care about their first four albums, and they weren't glam on any of those.

And to hell with AC/DC being better. Aerosmith's got better riffs (Joe Perry FTW) and Steven Tyler is a much better singer than Scott or Johnson.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 brimmul777

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@brimmul777 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Aerosmith isn't a shitty band so it's hard for me to call them glam...

In all seriousness I don't like calling Aerosmith glam, they led to the development of the movement sure, but I only care about their first four albums, and they weren't glam on any of those.

And to hell with AC/DC being better. Aerosmith's got better riffs (Joe Perry FTW) and Steven Tyler is a much better singer than Scott or Johnson.

You have a right to your opinion,and I respect that,so I'll stop it here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

All I read was Curt Kobain...man you just don't get his music. It was meant to be simple in some ways but theirs more to it. At first I didn't like nirvana but it grew on me and makes a lot more sense.

Led Zeppelin is better than AC/DC.

I really don't like iggy izizalia (sp?) Charli XCX outshined her on her on track now I love Charli XCX