Pope Francis: Children are never a mistake

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@airshocker said:
@korvus said:

@airshocker said:

I think it's far worse to bring a child into this world when you don't have the means to take care of it.

Are we talking about not conceiving them or getting rid of them before they're born?

I think it's much more humane to terminate a pregnancy when something isn't capable of thought than to give it away for adoption or try and raise it without the means to do so effectively.

Well, I for one grew up in poverty, most of the times not having more than half a bowl of rice a day to eat, no hot water, abusive parents, shitty childhood...and now I'm living a great life; I own my own company, have a wonderful wife, do whatever I want and am as happy as can be so I'm glad I was given the chance to live even though my parents didn't have the means (or ability) to raise me properly.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@korvus said:

Well, I for one grew up in poverty, most of the times not having more than half a bowl of rice a day to eat, no hot water, abusive parents, shitty childhood...and now I'm living a great life; I own my own company, have a wonderful wife, do whatever I want and am as happy as can be so I'm glad I was given the chance to live even though my parents didn't have the means (or ability) to raise me properly.

I'm glad you're happy. That's a wonderful ending.

Not everybody is like that, though. There are, unfortunately, far more unhappy stories.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@airshocker said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@airshocker said:

I think it's far worse to bring a child into this world when you don't have the means to take care of it.

I disagree, adoption is always an option. Better to have lived and died than to have never lived at all.

When a fetus isn't capable of having such feelings, I don't think it matters.

Which feelings do you speak of? The feelings it's capable of having depend on the stage on which the fetus is. I wouldn't say death is a better fate than life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@airshocker: My point is that you never know which will be which. Starving kids can grow up happy, and rich kids can end up shooting themselves in the face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@RadecSupreme said:

@airshocker said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@airshocker said:

I disagree, adoption is always an option. Better to have lived and died than to have never lived at all.

Which feelings do you speak of? The feelings it's capable of having depend on the stage on which the fetus is.

What specific feelings matter when something isn't capable of having them?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Francis knows his shit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@korvus: I'm not disputing that. I simply think it's much more humane to not even roll the dice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@airshocker said:

@korvus: I'm not disputing that. I simply think it's much more humane to not even roll the dice.

Yep, although I wish that more people would not gamble a pregnancy to begin with...it's not that easy to become pregnant by accident if you take precautions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@korvus: Yeah. For sure.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#110  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@airshocker said:
@RadecSupreme said:

@airshocker said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@airshocker said:

Which feelings do you speak of? The feelings it's capable of having depend on the stage on which the fetus is.

What specific feelings matter when something isn't capable of having them?

Pain? Is that not what's being avoided in your case when saying it's worse to bring a child and to let it suffer?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@RadecSupreme said:

Pain? Is that not what's being avoided in your case when saying it's worse to bring a child and to let it suffer?

I don't think a barely formed fetus feels any pain.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

@GazaAli said:

Derogative or not its anything but positive and conducive to care to associate a human life with such terms. A baby is not the property of his parents, although as his progenitors and legal guardians they have a certain entitlement to his tutelage in so far as they are willing and fitting. They are but one person of interest in the life they brought to the whole world. Just because they didn't intend to bring him into the world doesn't make him any less or any more wanted by the world at large.

I'm confident that if any of those using the terms were originally regarded by their biological parents as unwanted and a mistake they'd have a different take on the matter; they'd be emphasizing the sovereignty and the sanctity of a life much more assertively.

Of course I'm not disagreeing. I wouldn't be so tactless with someone I love. I was just countering the bitching about liberals. I found that pretty stupid...

Edit: I didn't realise that was you :P

No harm done :P

I won't deny my proclivity to pick fights with liberals and have feasts of derision and contempt for their ideology, something that shouldn't surprise given the permeating dominance of liberalism. This shouldn't be interpreted as an association with conservatism or right-wing ideology; I'm anything but a conservative and if I had to choose between the two, liberalism would win in a heartbeat. In fact I was at some point in my life a self-proclaimed liberal in a place that equates liberalism with blasphemy, quite peaceably mind you through insidious alienation and marginalization.

Without beating around the bushes, and irrespective of the particular discords I have with it, liberalism has become too mainstreamed to maintain the actual properties of an ideology. It has become the off-the-shelf ideology for every wet behind the ear fuckwit wanting others to fancy him as elevated and refined. Intellect no longer has worthy and many companions when everyone can fill his container with something that can be summed up in one word: anarchy. It is liberalism that made of morality a subjective construct open to equally valid interpretations, and it is that very same thing that made of virtue archaic and antiquated twaddle.

As everything that comes into being starts to disintegrate into some amorphous being with a loose fabric after having attained its climax, so is liberalism following that very same process. The current prosperity of liberal societies are not the product of their labor; it is the fruit of the labor of their fathers being wasted gradually until nothing is left of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@magicalclick said:

@korvus:

Well.... That's a nice thought. :)

I have one of those every now and then. Which one are you referring to so I can save it for next time? =P

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Thread title made me laugh out loud.

On a daily basis I always manage to see some unkempt fat woman and man wearing sweatpants with six kids in tow. Two words pop into my head: mistake and dumbasses.

**** you Pope Francis. Quit promoting stupidity.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

I'm sure the baby born with a horrifying genetic defect that makes it die an excruciating and unimaginably terrible death mere minutes after birth was part of god's special plan.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#117 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Buckhannah said:

I'm sure the baby born with a horrifying genetic defect that makes it die an excruciating and unimaginably terrible death mere minutes after birth was part of god's special plan.

Please, don't question God's work. He works in mysterious ways.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@darkmark91 said:

It sure is a blessing when a rapist impregnates a girl....

It's a gift from God.

And the rapist was the deliverer from God too. =p