POLL: Who is the better superhero, Spider-Man or Batman?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
Spider-Man and Batman are my two favorite superheros (1 and 2 respectively) that are easily the two best superheros of all -time and it's a close battle but I think Spider-Man is the better superhero and here are my reasons why and here are the positives and negatives of both... SPIDER-MAN  POSITIVES ---- Best villains out of every superhero, most consistent superhero movie franchise, villains that are part of the story and don't just pop up 5 minutes before they become evil, Peter Parker has to deal with everyday problems, successful cartoon from the 90s NEGATIVES ---- Some didn't like the third movie, some don't like Toby McGuire as Spider-Man BATMAN  POSITIVES ---- Adult story not aimed at pleasing children, pretty good villains, Batman's uniqueness of not having any superpowers NEGATIVES ---- The first 4 Batman movies were awful, the Adam West show was bad, Robin and Batgirl are stupid, unnecessary sidekicks REASONS WHY SPIDER-MAN IS BETTER THAN BATMAN... - Much better set of villains - Better minor character like MJ, Harry, Aunt May, Dr. Connors, etc., as opposed to just Batman and Alfred - Overall, more consistent movies
scary_snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 scary_snake
Member since 2006 • 4546 Posts
GO BATMAN!!!!
-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
GO BATMAN!!!!scary_snake
Your lucky I also love Batman or I'd take a cheap shot and show you this, lol... Shark repellent spray on a helicopter Bat nipples  Batman & Robin who were gay in an old Batman comic (Batman #84 (June, 1954), page 24.)
Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

spiderman

I wouldn't consider batman a superhero, since he only has gadgets and no powers

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I like the Spiderman movies, but Batman is more badass.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

asd

Although I'm a huge fan of Marvel comics, I feel Batman is a much more interesting character - even if he is a big wuss when it comes to kitties.

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts

spiderman

I wouldn't consider batman a superhero, since he only has gadgets and no powers

playstation_wii

Batman is still a super-genius who is proficient in every martial art and is also an expert detective and escape artist. Don't rip on Batman, he's more of a hero than Superman or any of the other heroes with powers because he can fight crime just as good or even more effectively than them without the need for lame powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-622bc1476d5f5
deactivated-622bc1476d5f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-622bc1476d5f5
Member since 2006 • 1961 Posts
Batman obviously
Avatar image for -Silent--Death-
-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Silent--Death-
Member since 2007 • 1365 Posts
Batman is badass, I just don't like Gotham City as much as Spidermans city. Too dull.
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts

asd

Although I'm a huge fan of Marvel comics, I feel Batman is a much more interesting character - even if he is a big wuss when it comes to kitties.

Lord_Daemon
:lol: But Wolverine wins.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
Batman....
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lord_Daemon
[QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"]

Gallion-Beast

sdf

Not always...:shock:

greenprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 greenprince
Member since 2006 • 3332 Posts
Batman and Spiderman are really kool heroes...I can't choose
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
Batman....LJS9502_basic
greenprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 greenprince
[QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"][QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"]

Lord_Daemon

sdf

How did the Hulk rip off Wolverine into two parts? isn't his skeleton that is made of adamantium indestructible ?
Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Choga
Member since 2006 • 2377 Posts
Spiderman has so much more depth than Batman. Everyone can relate to Spiderman in one way or another because he has imperfections...hes human. Batman is some rich tycoone who has a secret cave in his mansion...keep it real?
northstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 northstar1
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
Spiderman is definitely the better superhero because spider man saves people because he wants to out of the good of his heart and Batman does, sort of like revenge of his parents being killed his goal isnt saving people its arresting the bad
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic  Online

Spiderman has so much more depth than Batman. Everyone can relate to Spiderman in one way or another because he has imperfections...hes human. Batman is some rich tycoone who has a secret cave in his mansion...keep it real?Choga

I'm a rich tycoon with a secret cave in my mansion....but I don't shoot spider webs.;)

Marty_McFly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Marty_McFly_
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
Spider Man because he's not DC.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
Batman. 8)
arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 arab_prince
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
Spiderman. Batman has no "super" powers, so he cant be a super hero, rather just a hero.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#22 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
Batman has better character for both the heroes and the villians. Also, the Spider-Man comic books are decreasing in quality. The old ones were good. However, the new ones are more action oriented.
Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Choga

[QUOTE="Choga"]Spiderman has so much more depth than Batman. Everyone can relate to Spiderman in one way or another because he has imperfections...hes human. Batman is some rich tycoone who has a secret cave in his mansion...keep it real?LJS9502_basic

I'm a rich tycoon with a secret cave in my mansion....but I don't shoot spider webs.;)

Ok but Spiderman is human. He has many flaws and imperfections, and he has to go through many of the things we have to go through. He struggles to pay rent, has girlfriend problems, he loses his friends, his boss is a jerk...all this while trying to save the world. Not only that, but if Spiderman and Batman were to duel, Spiderman would run circles around batgirl.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lord_Daemon
[QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"][QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"][QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"]

greenprince

sdf

How did the Hulk rip off Wolverine into two parts? isn't his skeleton that is made of adamantium indestructible ?

The bones are still held together by ligaments and cartilage which are not, indestructible.

Avatar image for bebopoutlaw3gun
bebopoutlaw3gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bebopoutlaw3gun
Member since 2004 • 5584 Posts
Batman...He's just such a bad ass. And that dreamy face! *sighs*
lovemenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 lovemenow
Member since 2005 • 8001 Posts
umm no spider man tries to please children with its many colors..batman was always darker until of course it went all campy,but thats over now..batman kicks ass point blank
xtn702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xtn702
Member since 2007 • 4203 Posts
I like batman better :D
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HandsomeDead
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
Spider-Man, definitely. Batman is just a mega rich, bitter and really shouldn't be a superhero vigilante at all considering his status in Gotham City.
greenprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 greenprince
[QUOTE="greenprince"][QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"][QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"][QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"]

Lord_Daemon

sdf

The bones are still held together by ligaments and cartilage which are not, indestructible.

Damn, just when you think you found a indestructible hero, you realize they have weaknesses too. O well, there always Jean Gray
Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Choga

umm no spider man tries to please children with its many colors..batman was always darker until of course it went all campy,but thats over now..batman kicks ass point blanklovemenow

"Darker" doesn't equal better...unless your a super-trendy wanna-be mall goth. Spiderman is not only stronger than Batman, but his character is also more "realistic"...minus the webs and such.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic  Online

[QUOTE="lovemenow"]umm no spider man tries to please children with its many colors..batman was always darker until of course it went all campy,but thats over now..batman kicks ass point blankChoga

"Darker" doesn't equal better...unless your a super-trendy wanna-be mall goth. Spiderman is not only stronger than Batman, but his character is also more "realistic"...minus the webs and such.

But.....I like darker.:(

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Choga
[QUOTE="Choga"]

[QUOTE="lovemenow"]umm no spider man tries to please children with its many colors..batman was always darker until of course it went all campy,but thats over now..batman kicks ass point blankLJS9502_basic

But.....I like darker.:(

Then you're a super-trendy wanna-be mall goth :P

Hey_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hey_Jay
Member since 2004 • 7221 Posts
My vote goes to Spidey here. It's a little ironic that Spiderman is my favourite superhero and yet I have a fear of spiders. :shock:
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
[QUOTE="greenprince"][QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"][QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"][QUOTE="Lord_Daemon"]

Lord_Daemon

sdf

l can't believe that's never occurred to me before. Still, he can regrow his skeleton (proved when he was crushed during the period of having no adamantium skeleton thanks to Magneto) so The Hulk could rip him apart, but he'd still recover (and due to adamantium poisoning he recovers a hell lot quicker when it's removed).
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts
Batman.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

Out of the 2, Spiderman.

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
batmans cooler8)
lovemenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lovemenow

[QUOTE="lovemenow"]umm no spider man tries to please children with its many colors..batman was always darker until of course it went all campy,but thats over now..batman kicks ass point blankChoga

lets argue those points...darker doesn't always mean wanna be goth mall rat..when i say darker i mean more adult..which spiderman isnt..of course spider-man is stronger because he got bit by a effing radioactive spider..batman worked his ass off to gain moderate strength..and as for the realistic part lets see...radioactive spider bites boy and boy gains super powers instead of dieing from cancer..or man who's goes crazy fighting villains in bat suit..

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Choga
[QUOTE="Choga"]

[QUOTE="lovemenow"]umm no spider man tries to please children with its many colors..batman was always darker until of course it went all campy,but thats over now..batman kicks ass point blanklovemenow

lets argue those points...darker doesn't always mean wanna be goth mall rat..when i say darker i mean more adult..which spiderman isnt..of course spider-man is stronger because he got bit by a effing radioactive spider..batman worked his ass off to gain moderate strength..and as for the realistic part lets see...radioactive spider bites boy and boy gains super powers instead of dieing from cancer..or man who's goes crazy fighting villains in bat suit..

Yea because EVERYONE can relate to Batman. We ALL have million dollar mansions and bulters. You know what, let me go to my cave for a sec, I think I left my bat-plane down there.

lovemenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lovemenow
[QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"]

Yea because EVERYONE can relate to Batman. We ALL have million dollar mansions and bulters. You know what, let me go to my cave for a sec, I think I left my bat-plane down there.

yes and a radioactive spider boy is sooo relatable...hold on i think i lost my spidy tracers

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Batman easily. Name a Spider-Man story as good as Year One. You can't. It doesn't exist.
Avatar image for SympathyForLdyV
SympathyForLdyV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SympathyForLdyV
Member since 2007 • 767 Posts
Spider-Man is without a doubt the better superhero but Batman is a better character.
Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Choga
[QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"]

[QUOTE="lovemenow"]umm no spider man tries to please children with its many colors..batman was always darker until of course it went all campy,but thats over now..batman kicks ass point blanklovemenow

yes and a radioactive spider boy is sooo relatable...hold on i think i lost my spidy tracers

Yo dude guess what I did in my customized underground cave under my million dollar house? I took my teenage "friend" down there and showed him how to "fight". All this while my butler was preparing my ultra-high tech vehicle that puts 007's Aston Martin to shame.

But seriously, nobody can relate to Batman's problems. When was the last time you went on a Vendetta because your parents died? At least Spiderman deals with real problems that everyone has to face...like paying his rent, being a good friend, being a good boyfriend, getting through school etc. If anything, these issues Spidey has to faces makes him much more "adult" than Batman, who had everything handed to him on a silver platter.

lovemenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lovemenow
[QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"]

Yo dude guess what I did in my customized underground cave under my million dollar house? I took my teenage "friend" down there and showed him how to "fight". All this while my butler was preparing my ultra-high tech vehicle that puts 007's Aston Martin to shame.

But seriously, nobody can relate to Batman's problems. When was the last time you went on a Vendetta because your parents died? At least Spiderman deals with real problems that everyone has to face...like paying his rent, being a good friend, being a good boyfriend, getting through school etc. If anything, these issues Spidey has to faces makes him much more "adult" than Batman, who had everything handed to him on a silver platter.

thats besides the point..when i read a comic book i dont want to see real life i want to see action and fantasy..if i wanted to be reminded of how much it sucks that i have to go to school,why my GF broke up with me,and the fact that i have to pay rent then i'll just look in the mirror and remember thats my life...Batman is cool because he just kicks ass and dont spend 5 issue whining because mary jane got sucked into a vortex

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Choga
[QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"]

thats besides the point..when i read a comic book i dont want to see real life i want to see action and fantasy..if i wanted to be reminded of how much it sucks that i have to go to school,why my GF broke up with me,and the fact that i have to pay rent then i'll just look in the mirror and remember thats my life...Batman is cool because he just kicks ass and dont spend 5 issue whining because mary jane got sucked into a vortex

Except Spiderman does ALL THAT while still saving the world. He reminds us that no matter how **** your life is, you can always overcome it. Batman just whines about his parents dying. "My parents died...now I have to kill every damn criminal in Gothamn to feel better about myself."

lovemenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lovemenow
[QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"]

Except Spiderman does ALL THAT while still saving the world. He reminds us that no matter how **** your life is, you can always overcome it. Batman just whines about his parents dying. "My parents died...now I have to kill every damn criminal in Gothamn to feel better about myself."

no he doesn't...batman only remembers his parent when some tell him to use a gun..spider boy **** everyday about his life and when he does save the world hes not happy hes ready to give up being spider man because hes scared mary jane might get hurt..where the hell did you get that crap about over coming that you life suck,not to mention his obsessive quoting of his dead uncle ben...

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
Spider-Man actually has superpowers, Batman just has sweet gadgets and strength. I really can't decide.
Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Choga
[QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"]

no he doesn't...batman only remembers his parent when some tell him to use a gun..spider boy **** everyday about his life and when he does save the world hes not happy hes ready to give up being spider man because hes scared mary jane might get hurt..where the hell did you get that crap about over coming that you life suck,not to mention his obsessive quoting of his dead uncle ben...

Dude, you obviously haven't read enough Spiderman to say that he whines every time he saves the world. Im gonna stop now because I came to the sad realization that I am arguing about comic books on an Internet forum...

Yea thats right, I stole your coffee guy.

lovemenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lovemenow
[QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"][QUOTE="lovemenow"][QUOTE="Choga"]

Dude, you obviously haven't read enough Spiderman to say that he whines every time he saves the world. Im gonna stop now because I came to the sad realization that I am arguing about comic books on an Internet forum...

Yea thats right, I stole your coffee guy.

well your already posting on a game web site:|

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts

Batman is a mere mortal and yet he still manages to beat foes like Bane, Killer Croc, Clayface and occasionally Superman. Spiderman is a smart alecky, whiny nerd. Batman FTW.

Also, those saying Spiderman has a better rogues gallery than Batman are dead wrong. The Joker, Scarecrow, Ventriloquist, Riddler, Two Face, Bane, Killer Croc, Hush, Clayface, Zsasz, Penguin, Mad Hatter, Deadshot, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Firefly, Ra's Al Ghul, Black Mask, David Cain, Harley Quinn, Sal Maroni, Man-Bat, Lady Shiva, Amygdala, Cornelius Stirk, there are so many I cant list them. Theyre more badass, more realistic and far more intimidating than Spidey's villains.

Spiderman's rogues gallery includes Chameleon, Vulture, Doc Ock, Sandman, Lizard (rip off of Killer Croc), Electro, Mysterio, Goblin, Kraven, Scorpion, Rhino, Shocker (kinda similar to Electro huh?), Kingpin, Venom, Carnage, etc etc...