Poll: 29% Think Armed Rebellion May be Necessary

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/05/armed-rebellion-poll.php

The survey, aimed at measuring public attitudes toward gun issues, found that 29 percent of Americans agree with the statement, In the next few years, an armed revolution might be necessary in order to protect our liberties. An additional five percent were unsure.

Eighteen percent of Democrats said an armed revolt might be necessary, as compared to 27 percent of independents and 44 percent of Republicans. Support levels were similar among males and females but higher among less educated voters.

The poll also found that 25 percent of voters believe the American public is being lied to about the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting by people seeking to promote a political agenda

Sahil Kapur

Personally, I think it's pretty damn stupid that some people think we will need to fight our own government in the next few years. I also think it's stupid that people are buying into the Sandy Hook conspiracies.

But I do think they worded the question a little to vaguely, I think if they would have changed "might be necesarry" to "will be necessary" they would have had a significantly less amount of people agreeing with the statement

What do you guys think? Will an armed revolution be needed? Was Sandy Hook staged?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I suppose the colonies thought as you did as well at one point....anyway....we really aren't at that kind of need at this moment. And no Sandy Hook wasn't staged.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
No one thought a few rebels could take out Gadaffi; could happen.
Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts
When Obama sheds his skin and reveals his reptilian scales, me and mah ar-15 will be waiting, I tell ya what.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
In the American revolution less then that wanted an armed rebellion so I suppose it could be technically possible.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

no better way to get others to support your cause than by taking up arms and killing a bunch of people....

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
How would a modern day revolution go about? Like who would attack who?
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

its united states americans right to raise arms against the government, my personal oppinon is people need to grow some balls and say no

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#9 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I guarantee you of that 29% there are very few people who would truly be ready to carry that out.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ferrari2001
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]How would a modern day revolution go about? Like who would attack who?

Likely a group of civilians attacking key government buildings, both in Washington and in State capitols. The military would of course be called in to stop the situation. Hopefully most members of the military would refuse to fire on civilians essentially ending the rebellion and forming a new government. As to who would head all of this, that if frankly unknown. Either that or a large bloody conflict takes place and the party that rises from the ashes takes power.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I wonder what percentage of that 29% can accurately name a single "liberty" the government is taking away from them
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
No one thought a few rebels could take out Gadaffi; could happen. Fightingfan
lol wat
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I wonder what percentage of that 29% can accurately name a single "liberty" the government is taking away from themJML897

29%

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

good luck with that.

th?id=H.4518654500995127&pid=15.1

th?id=H.4699296503827247&pid=15.1

th?id=H.4703509866742890&pid=15.1

if you think for a second the noobs in the national guard would not shoot you down like a dog in the street there is a memorial  at  kent state you may want to see.

th?id=H.4776614508825244&pid=15.1

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bane_09

How would a modern day revolution go about? Like who would attack who?Fightingfan

I guess it would be the people vs dictator Obama

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I don't think anytime soon, but I can see a revolution occurring during my lifetime. 

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blueresident87

I wonder what percentage of that 29% can accurately name a single "liberty" the government is taking away from themJML897

They likely can't, and even if they could they'd be exercising a liberty by saying so in the first place. I've always found that funny, people bitch and moan and protest about the government in so many ways, but in doing so they are exercising a key liberty that our government awards its people. Amusing.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]How would a modern day revolution go about? Like who would attack who?

Likely a group of civilians attacking key government buildings, both in Washington and in State capitols. The military would of course be called in to stop the situation. Hopefully most members of the military would refuse to fire on civilians essentially ending the rebellion and forming a new government. As to who would head all of this, that if frankly unknown. Either that or a large bloody conflict takes place and the party that rises from the ashes takes power.

That's always been my theory as well. I don't see American soldiers having the ability to shoot down fellow American citizens like the Sharpeville Massacre.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Why don't you guys just start some new parties and vote for them instead?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
I love pillocks who compare the American Revolution ("No taxation without representation!") to a modern government elected by the populace but whom a minority of the people are upset with and think they have a right to usurp the majority's will via armed insurrection. #notunderstandinghowademocracyworksFTW!
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ferrari2001

good luck with that.if you think for a second the noobs in the national guard would not shoot you down like a dog in the street there is a memorial  at  kent state you may want to see.

Riverwolf007
The problem is those soldiers would be asked to kill their family, neighbors and friends. Many of them might think twice before trying to shooting down a bunch of American civilians. Plus how many soldiers would join their family and friends in the fight? I would imagine there would be a split in military forces. It would not be as cut and dry and simply sending in some special forces and tanks to deal with the situation.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blueresident87

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]How would a modern day revolution go about? Like who would attack who?Bane_09

Obama is a democratic President, we elected him. Go spend time in a country with an actual dictator and learn more about what you're saying.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fightingfan

Why don't you guys just start some new parties and vote for them instead?

themajormayor
You're funny. If you're not a donkey or elephant your vote doesn't matter.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Bane_09"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]How would a modern day revolution go about? Like who would attack who?Blueresident87

Obama is a democratic President, we elected him. Go spend time in a country with an actual dictator and learn more about what you're saying.

The German people elected Hitler

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bane_09

[QUOTE="Bane_09"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]How would a modern day revolution go about? Like who would attack who?Blueresident87

lolz, I wasn't being serious. Although I'm sure that's how the people in poll think of him

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blueresident87

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

[QUOTE="Bane_09"]

Fightingfan

Yep, and if Germany won the war that wouldn't have been a problem.

And comparing Obama to Hitler Really? That's ridiculous...

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
In the American revolution less then that wanted an armed rebellion so I suppose it could be technically possible. ferrari2001
Maybe France will comp the bill this time too. :P
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

[QUOTE="Bane_09"]

Fightingfan

Revolutionaries put the ayatollah in power in Iran, whats your point?

EDIT or Lenin and the Russian revolution under the guise of more freedom for the people eroded by the government.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Blueresident87

I'm not comparing it's just you insisted dictators can't be elected, which is not true.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] The German people elected Hitler

Fightingfan

I'm not comparing it's just you insisted dictators can't be elected, which is not true.

Where did he say that? :?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
This thread got Godwinned pretty quickly
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

good luck with that.if you think for a second the noobs in the national guard would not shoot you down like a dog in the street there is a memorial  at  kent state you may want to see.

ferrari2001

The problem is those soldiers would be asked to kill their family, neighbors and friends. Many of them might think twice before trying to shooting down a bunch of American civilians. Plus how many soldiers would join their family and friends in the fight? I would imagine there would be a split in military forces. It would not be as cut and dry and simply sending in some special forces and tanks to deal with the situation.

people do what you tell them to do.

how many experements on control and human nature do you need to see because there are dozens out there.

Why did so many of the participants in this experiment perform a seemingly sadistic act on the instruction of an authority figure? According to Milgram, there are a number of situational factors that can explain such high levels of obedience:

• The physical presence of an authority figure dramatically increased compliance.
  • The fact that the study was sponsored by Yale (a trusted and authoritative academic institution) led many participants to believe that the experiment must be safe.
  • The selection of teacher and learner status seemed random.
  • Participants assumed that the experimenter was a competent
  • expert.
  • The shocks were said to be painful, not dangerous.

http://psychology.about.com/od/historyofpsychology/a/milgram.htm

Forty years ago a group of students hoping to make a bit of holiday money turned up at a basement in Stanford University, California, for what was to become one of the most notorious experiments in the study of human psychology.

The idea was simple - take a group of volunteers, tell half of them they are prisoners, the other half prison wardens, place them in a makeshift jail and watch what happens.

The Stanford prison experiment was supposed to last two weeks but was ended abruptly just six days later, after a string of mental breakdowns, an outbreak of sadism and a hunger strike.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14564182

the entire world is 5 days away from it being a global  remake of the lord of the flies and nobody realizes it.

pretty funny stuff.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I am 99% confident that the military, most of the military at least, has the backs of the civilians.  I have never met a vet that was not a libertarian and didnt end up hating the government lol.

Pretty sure that if armed rebellion did become necessary, the armed forces would be like "Its cool, bro, we got this" for us and would park a few tanks on the right lawns and ring the right doorbells and politely demand change

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
I do not know if Sandy Hook was staged. It is suspicious that there were so many mass shootings in the months leading up to Obama's decision to try to ban guns, but I do not have enough information to know. Regardless of whether we are being lied to about Sandy Hook, it is obvious that the MSM and anti-constitutionalist politicians like Obama are exploiting it to promote gun restrictions. What I do know is that if the government ever tries to ban guns entirely then there will be an armed rebellion or it will mean the death of every principle that this nation was founded on. When the government says that you have no right to defend yourself from it then your only options are to fight it or to live as a slave.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Riverwolf007

I do not know if Sandy Hook was staged. It is suspicious that there were so many mass shootings in the months leading up to Obama's decision to try to ban guns, but I do not have enough information to know. Regardless of whether we are being lied to about Sandy Hook, it is obvious that the MSM and anti-constitutionalist politicians like Obama are exploiting it to promote gun restrictions. What I do know is that if the government ever tries to ban guns entirely then there will be an armed rebellion or it will mean the death of every principle that this nation was founded on. When the government says that you have no right to defend yourself from it then your only options are to fight it or to live as a slave.Laihendi
shut up meg.

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts
It will forever be known as 'The Cheeto Dust Rebellion," fought by a bunch of fat losers who made it up 5 of their basement stairs and then called it quits.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

blue_hazy_basic

Where did he say that? :?

Buy saying Democratic President =/= Dictator.

He said "Obama is a democratic President, we elected him" being elected doesn't negate you from being a dictator.

You can have a totalitarian dictator who was elected democratically.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

More and more conspiracy theorists, more and more stupidity.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Mah politics team didn't win, time to kill people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5b78379493e12

I do not know if Sandy Hook was staged. It is suspicious that there were so many mass shootings in the months leading up to Obama's decision to try to ban guns, but I do not have enough information to know. Regardless of whether we are being lied to about Sandy Hook, it is obvious that the MSM and anti-constitutionalist politicians like Obama are exploiting it to promote gun restrictions. What I do know is that if the government ever tries to ban guns entirely then there will be an armed rebellion or it will mean the death of every principle that this nation was founded on. When the government says that you have no right to defend yourself from it then your only options are to fight it or to live as a slave.Laihendi

Politicians using idsaster for political gain?

tumblr_inline_mllwriBxqC1qz4rgp.gif

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fightingfan
When people say "sandy hook was staged", what does that mean? People are lying, and their kids never really died because they never existed?
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
It's not really a secret that various major companies can easily wave some money in some senators faces to make they do what they want, but I doubt there'll be a armed revolution. And Sandy Hooks wasn't staged, I can't understand where that theory came from
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Laihendi
When people say "sandy hook was staged", what does that mean? People are lying, and their kids never really died because they never existed? Fightingfan
I think what people generally mean is that the government set it up to create a huge media event and rally public support for new gun restrictions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]When people say "sandy hook was staged", what does that mean? People are lying, and their kids never really died because they never existed? Laihendi
I think what people generally mean is that the government set it up to create a huge media event and rally public support for new gun restrictions.

The government perpetrating the muder of dozens children for political gain? Even the looniest of citizens can't believe that.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]When people say "sandy hook was staged", what does that mean? People are lying, and their kids never really died because they never existed? jimkabrhel

The government perpetrating the muder of dozens children for political gain? Even the looniest of citizens can't believe that.

Operation Northwoods.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Riverwolf007

It's not really a secret that various major companies can easily wave some money in some senators faces to make they do what they want, but I doubt there'll be a armed revolution. And Sandy Hooks wasn't staged, I can't understand where that theory came fromTreflis
hmmm. i wonder...

th?id=H.4626698677256257&pid=15.1

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Alright, more useless polls

ShuLordLiuPei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShuLordLiuPei
Member since 2005 • 9520 Posts

Laihendi, saying something reasonable? What has the world come to? 

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]When people say "sandy hook was staged", what does that mean? People are lying, and their kids never really died because they never existed? jimkabrhel

There is a lot of evidence to support the idea that the government staged 9-11 which killed thousands (in addition to starting 2 wars). It is at any rate certain that the government is not telling the entire truth about 911, regardless of who was responsible. Also FDR allowed Pearl Harbour to be attacked so he would have enough public support to enter WW2. This kind of stuff is not nearly as far-fetched as you seem to think.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] I think what people generally mean is that the government set it up to create a huge media event and rally public support for new gun restrictions.Laihendi

There is a lot of evidence to support the idea that the government staged 9-11 which killed thousands (in addition to starting 2 wars). It is at any rate certain that the government is not telling the entire truth about 911, regardless of who was responsible. Also FDR allowed Pearl Harbour to be attacked so he would have enough public support to enter WW2. This kind of stuff is not nearly as far-fetched as you seem to think.

What would be the point in staging 9/11? The government could of just blown up an empty military base, which would have no causalities and use that as a way to wage war.