Police Getting Unmanned Drones To "Fight Crime bye freedom

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

Tasers were designed for the average C.O.P who shouldn't be a C.O.P because they are 5 foot 150 pounds therefore incapable of wresting with someone.

I am 100% against the mainstream use of less lethal equipment. People take you more seriously when they know their options are comply or die. Less Lethal and Less than lethal items have their applications but they should remain special application, not standard application.

People get tased and batoned because they don't listen. Arguing and resisting is not acceptable. Obstruction is not acceptable. Arguing with officershinders police business therefore it's notacceptable.

Someones some jerk C.O.Ps do go rogue, but usually someone that gets their ass beat by the C.O.Ps is a person that habitually breaks the law as well as habitually disrespects the enforcers. So it escalates to primitive communication.

The stupid part is most criminals don't do things out in the open. If the government is giving police these expensive drones apparently they are not veryuseful. That's why the federal government gives equipment to the municipal police, it's junk.

Half-Way

Im not sure what its like in the US but in the Uk the police only use tasers when someone is armed.

in norway the police dosent carry any form of weapon :D feels good man

Lol, can't wait until they go aganist a pair of armed bank robbers.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

If you haven't done anything wrong, why would you care about security cameras watching you?

toast_burner

Matters of privacy.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Cataclism

The single most overused quote in the history of all quotes.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]I am sorry, how is this an invasion of a privacy?Wasdie

They could possibly be used to peer into our sky-lights and see us passing by underneath in our own homes! :o

--

What is done in public, and in the privacy of one's home, if it infringes upon the rights of others, it is a crime, and is not protected by the concept of "privacy." If these things help catch criminals, I fully support them. Only people with something to hide should be concerned. As long as they aren't peering in on me while I'm in the shower, or being intimate with my girlfriend... I'll be fine with any sort of "Big Brother" technology. And even then, since I have nothing to hide, if they want to look in while I'm walking around my apartment nude... then I have to say "enjoy the show."

This right here is handing liberties and freedom over to the government. This isn't about you being nude or anything, this is about the ability for a government monitor our every move.

I thought in a democracy WE were in control of our government. You give this kind of power to the wrong people and you may as well given a loaded gun to a mass murderer.

You gotta remember, the current guys may not abuse it, but you've given the power to the position. This goes for all positions of government.

anybody with a helicopter can already do what these drones do, though.

I'd be more worried about some creep in the tree across the street than a drone peering in on my showering. If I were a hot young blonde, that is.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

[QUOTE="Cataclism"]Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

worlock77

The single most overused quote in the history of all quotes.

seriously.

I love how people use quotes left and right like there is actually 100% truth to them.

"Blah blah blah blah, snargle wraggle blargle blarge blah blah" -Some Famous dude

then the person goes "Woooooooohhhh that is sooooo right on, bra" and, voila, you have your gullibull or gullicalf or gullicow.

I personally cannot stand quotes; they turn a beautiful grey world into a world of over simplified black and white choices, and that does not appeal to me.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Im not sure what its like in the US but in the Uk the police only use tasers when someone is armed.

l4dak47

in norway the police dosent carry any form of weapon :D feels good man

Lol, can't wait until they go aganist a pair of armed bank robbers.

the Norwegian police would be f*** up in America :P but this is Norway we are talking about, so i wouldn't worry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

If you haven't done anything wrong, why would you care about security cameras watching you?

Espada12

Matters of privacy.

privacy in a public street? first I've ever heard of that.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 worlock77

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

Tasers were designed for the average C.O.P who shouldn't be a C.O.P because they are 5 foot 150 pounds therefore incapable of wresting with someone.

I am 100% against the mainstream use of less lethal equipment. People take you more seriously when they know their options are comply or die. Less Lethal and Less than lethal items have their applications but they should remain special application, not standard application.

People get tased and batoned because they don't listen. Arguing and resisting is not acceptable. Obstruction is not acceptable. Arguing with officershinders police business therefore it's notacceptable.

Someones some jerk C.O.Ps do go rogue, but usually someone that gets their ass beat by the C.O.Ps is a person that habitually breaks the law as well as habitually disrespects the enforcers. So it escalates to primitive communication.

The stupid part is most criminals don't do things out in the open. If the government is giving police these expensive drones apparently they are not veryuseful. That's why the federal government gives equipment to the municipal police, it's junk.

DivergeUnify

Im not sure what its like in the US but in the Uk the police only use tasers when someone is armed.

All sorts of tasing goes on here in the US of A

And usually it can be prevented by just shutting up and doing as the officer instructs. People escalate the stupidest crap and bring trouble on themselves. Just look at "don't tase me bro" guy. He could have easily avoided the whole situation if he had just done as requested. Instead he has to act like a giant douchebag, and throw a fit even after being warned.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 worlock77

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Espada12

Matters of privacy.

If you're out in public then there is no right to privacy as you're not in a private situation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Im not sure what its like in the US but in the Uk the police only use tasers when someone is armed.

worlock77

All sorts of tasing goes on here in the US of A

And usually it can be prevented by just shutting up and doing as the officer instructs. People escalate the stupidest crap and bring trouble on themselves. Just look at "don't tase me bro" guy. He could have easily avoided the whole situation if he had just done as requested. Instead he has to act like a giant douchebag, and throw a fit even after being warned.

I find it funny that he was been arrested for asking a question, while the guy he asked was saying its ok for him to continue.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] All sorts of tasing goes on here in the US of Atoast_burner

I find it funny that he was been arrested for asking a question, while the guy he asked was saying its ok for him to continue.

He wasn't being arrested for asking a question, he was being arrested for refusing to comply with the police. And the guy he asked is irrelevant. It's not his building and he doesn't set the rules there.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Cause these aren't going to be influenced by corrupt individuals at some point in the future:|

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

worlock77

I agree, but just having that non-lethal aspect makes it all the more probable for an officer to use if he really doesn't like who he's dealing with, when its not neccessary. Didn't an old lady get tased? Like... it's not neccessary to tase an old lady to restrain her. She's old and fragile

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I live in New Jersey, and a lot of police forces are being cut, or even shut down. Camden lost half it's force, and they're shutting down a number of townships' forces. Now I'm wondering, what if they implement these drone things in their place? How would that work?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

He wasn't being arrested for asking a question, he was being arrested for refusing to comply with the police. And the guy he asked is irrelevant. It's not his building and he doesn't set the rules there.

why were the police bothering him in the first place? He handled the situation poorly but that doesn't put the police in the right.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

DivergeUnify

I agree, but just having that non-lethal aspect makes it all the more probable for an officer to use if he really doesn't like who he's dealing with, when its not neccessary. Didn't an old lady get tased? Like... it's not neccessary to tase an old lady to restrain her. She's old and fragile

I'm not saying it isn't abused, but nonetheless the majority of these cases could have been avoided if the person would just use a little bit of common goddamned sense.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DivergeUnify

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

I'm not saying it isn't abused, but nonetheless the majority of these cases could have been avoided if the person would just use a little bit of common goddamned sense.

Well I completely agree
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

worlock77

There's truth to what you're saying but the whole "Don't tase me bro" situation wasn't a good example

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

[QUOTE="clayron"][QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

The stupid part is most criminals don't do things out in the open. If the government is giving police these expensive drones apparently they are not very useful. That's why the federal government gives equipment to the municipal police, it's junk.

Theokhoth

Wait, so...either comply with authorities or die?

That sounds PERFECTLY REESONABLE.

Yup, no excuses to play games. No chances to be crafty and pull a weapon. Just do as your told when you are told. Do you know what it means to respect? It's a delicate situation so if you don't respectwhat could happen if there is a misunderstanding... it will happen.You'rejustanother stranger, another possible threat.They don't knowwhat you might try. Why do you think they tell you to put your hands on the car and don't move? Or put your hands behind your head and get on your knees? To keep you handicapped so any rapid movements will be hindered or delayed. When you don't do what they say and move about it makes them nervous. It'swhat people do to be distracting and buy time before they make their move.

So it is reasonable. Listen or be perceived a threat. You are responsible for your behavior. You don't get to behave like an idiot and blame someone else when your behavior causes others to fear for their personalsafety. It's just a kill or be killed response.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DivergeUnify

Yup, no excuses to play games. No chances to be crafty and pull a weapon. Just do as your told when you are told. Do you know what it means to respect? It's a delicate situation so if you don't respectwhat could happen if there is a misunderstanding... it will happen.You'rejustanother stranger, another possible threat.They don't knowwhat you might try. Why do you think they tell you to put your hands on the car and don't move? Or put your hands behind your head and get on your knees? To keep you handicapped so any rapid movements will be hindered or delayed. When you don't do what they say and move about it makes them nervous. It'swhat people do to be distracting and buy time before they make their move.

So it is reasonable. Listen or be perceived a threat. You are responsible for your behavior. You don't get to behave like an idiot and blame someone else when your behavior causes others to fear for their personalsafety. It's just a kill or be killed response.

MagnumPI

One time my and my friend got cuffed and put in the back of the car, for these other kids burning a book( who ran away like vagsauces). This was after my bike accident and I had sensitive scabs all over my body. In the back of the car I got my hands in front of me from under my feet. When the officer let me out he was like "WTF" and i'm like "I WAS BLEEDING". he nodded his head and shame

Coolstorybro

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

DanteSuikoden

There's truth to what you're saying but the whole "Don't tase me bro" situation wasn't a good example

It was a perfect example.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

I read recently that they are also using more drones on the US-Canadian border. And one of the Canadian officers commented that there has never been an unmanned drone-related arrest so he couldn't give a flying **** whether the US was adding more on patrol over the border. It's basically an intimidation technique, you think there's an eye in the sky and you behave. It's not a bloody satellite, it can't read the words spelled out in your Alphabits cereal.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#74 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

There goes my dream about being a crime fighting vigilante.

Bashers79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bashers79
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

I've noticed how people get all excited about the idea of "Big Brother is watching you", CCTV, etc. But fail to realise they are actually doing the so called "Big Brothers" job for them. People willingly post all their personal details and what they are up to on these annoying social networking sites. I've heard of people being sacked from their jobs as a result of stuff they posted on facebook.