Police Getting Unmanned Drones To "Fight Crime bye freedom

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts

Police Getting Unmanned Drones To "Fight Crime & Terror"

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Yeah good luck with that one.
killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killzonexbox
Yeah good luck with that one.bluezy
land of the free...
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
that is a terrible idea
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Liberty or security. Can't have both, apparently.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Yeah that doesn't fly with me.

They will never take off.

They day politicans back this is the day I arm myself.

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killzonexbox
that is a terrible ideaweezyfb
Yeah when they start abusing then...
whiplash26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whiplash26
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

Mind your "Ankle Bracelets" Gentlemen!

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Not yet.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

"The most promising technology since tasers." Yup, those things are never abused by law enforcement.:lol:

NCsmallCHILDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NCsmallCHILDS
Member since 2010 • 790 Posts

This gives me an excuse to illegally own many firearms in the near future.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bluezy
Also, does this give new meaning to "when pigs can fly"?
NCsmallCHILDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NCsmallCHILDS
Member since 2010 • 790 Posts

Also, does this give new meaning to "when pigs can fly"?bluezy

I lol'd at the irony

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts

I am sorry, how is this an invasion of a privacy?

Its no different than a helicopter; they are to be used retroactively, i.e. when a crime occurs and to catch criminals.

You people are way too paranoid, and way too scared of the government.

With that said, I am against this simply because it is costly. The police already have helicopters in their inventory, and they do a fine job. The last thing we need is to spend billions per state purchasing these drones, training people to use them, and maintaining them.

whiplash26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 whiplash26
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

"The most promising technology since tasers." Yup, those things are never abused by law enforcement.:lol:

topgunmv
DONT TASE ME BRO!
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I am sorry, how is this an invasion of a privacy?mrbojangles25

They could possibly be used to peer into our sky-lights and see us passing by underneath in our own homes! :o

--

What is done in public, and in the privacy of one's home, if it infringes upon the rights of others, it is a crime, and is not protected by the concept of "privacy." If these things help catch criminals, I fully support them. Only people with something to hide should be concerned. As long as they aren't peering in on me while I'm in the shower, or being intimate with my girlfriend... I'll be fine with any sort of "Big Brother" technology. And even then, since I have nothing to hide, if they want to look in while I'm walking around my apartment nude... then I have to say "enjoy the show."

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]I am sorry, how is this an invasion of a privacy?foxhound_fox

They could possibly be used to peer into our sky-lights and see us passing by underneath in our own homes! :o

--

What is done in public, and in the privacy of one's home, if it infringes upon the rights of others, it is a crime, and is not protected by the concept of "privacy." If these things help catch criminals, I fully support them. Only people with something to hide should be concerned. As long as they aren't peering in on me while I'm in the shower, or being intimate with my girlfriend... I'll be fine with any sort of "Big Brother" technology. And even then, since I have nothing to hide, if they want to look in while I'm walking around my apartment nude... then I have to say "enjoy the show."

This right here is handing liberties and freedom over to the government. This isn't about you being nude or anything, this is about the ability for a government monitor our every move.

I thought in a democracy WE were in control of our government. You give this kind of power to the wrong people and you may as well given a loaded gun to a mass murderer.

You gotta remember, the current guys may not abuse it, but you've given the power to the position. This goes for all positions of government.

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts

topgunmv

dont uav me bro?

you made me lawl for reals thank you

Sienrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sienrin
Member since 2010 • 55 Posts
Did we learn NOTHING from Terminator?
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bluezy
Did we learn NOTHING from Terminator? Sienrin
Or RoboCop.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

This right here is handing liberties and freedom over to the government. This isn't about you being nude or anything, this is about the ability for a government monitor our every move.Wasdie

And what is wrong with that? What freedoms and liberties are we "handing over" to the government?

I thought in a democracy WE were in control of our government. You give this kind of power to the wrong people and you may as well given a loaded gun to a mass murderer.

You gotta remember, the current guys may not abuse it, but you've given the power to the position. This goes for all positions of government.

Wasdie

Which is why it is a good thing that we have the means to remove "mass murderers" from power.

And just look at Egypt... just because one person has absolute power doesn't mean the people aren't incapable of overthrowing that individual.

Only those with something to hide need to fear this. I'd feel safer going out in public knowing that the police can more easily track and prevent crime.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="bluezy"]Yeah good luck with that one.killzonexbox
land of the free...

are we implying it ever was the land of the free?

Sienrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sienrin
Member since 2010 • 55 Posts
[QUOTE="Sienrin"]Did we learn NOTHING from Terminator? bluezy
Or RoboCop.

Or I Robot.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]I am sorry, how is this an invasion of a privacy?Wasdie

--

This right here is handing liberties and freedom over to the government. This isn't about you being nude or anything, this is about the ability for a government monitor our every move.

Which ones again?

killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killzonexbox
Hitler would be proud.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I can't make judgement until I know the procedure behind the usage of these. If it's like a normal helicopter then that's fine.... if you require evidence of criminal activity and able to get a warrant (procedure for wire tapping) then that's fine as well. If you can put them on suspected people.. that's where it's no good.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Hitler would be proud.killzonexbox
You might want to think about what you post before you post it. You might find it to be rather silly.
Avatar image for deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
Member since 2004 • 4706 Posts

Did we learn NOTHING from Terminator? Sienrin

Actually we did. It won't be some homicidal AI trying wipe us out.

It will be the DOJ (good thing I'll probably be working for these guys soon, maybe even as a drone pilot!). Can't fight the Power? BE the Power!

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I don't see a problem with using them.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Here is some footage of said drone in action.

Mr_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 Mr_Alexander
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
The guy at 1:30 kind of reminds me of Gordon Freeman, so you know it's going to go bad (As in appearance and living in "mesa county") And not being able to pass through an airport un-harassed after 9/11 was bad enough, now this..?
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#32 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Lady's and gentlemen

they already have satellite's so don't think spying on you any new.

Taxes is getting a unmanned blimp.... And it wil be used during night due. This guy was commenting on how it has one of the newest night vision technology. New york had a blimb after 9/11 it was there till 2005 last time i check

Guys i highly suggest you check out these two links on a daily bases.

1: http://www.infowars.com/

2: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/live.php

Infowars is highly respected by millions. these altertive medias will touch any thing unlike mainstream medias that is controled by big corps and where the goverment can tell them no. So 90% stuff you see on these websites you will never see on your little news channle.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]This right here is handing liberties and freedom over to the government. This isn't about you being nude or anything, this is about the ability for a government monitor our every move.foxhound_fox

And what is wrong with that? What freedoms and liberties are we "handing over" to the government?

Wasdie

Which is why it is a good thing that we have the means to remove "mass murderers" from power.

And just look at Egypt... just because one person has absolute power doesn't mean the people aren't incapable of overthrowing that individual.

Only those with something to hide need to fear this. I'd feel safer going out in public knowing that the police can more easily track and prevent crime.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
People are too paranoid. I don't see anything wrong with this.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]This right here is handing liberties and freedom over to the government. This isn't about you being nude or anything, this is about the ability for a government monitor our every move.Cataclism

Wasdie

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Posting a quote from an influential figure does not an argument make. It can be argued that all security necessitates giving some sort of liberty; should we therefore have no security whatsoever?

Besides, I have yet to see what liberties are being compromised with these.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

awesome, sounds cool

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Anyone ever seen Eyeborgs? Masterful piece of cinema that predicted this
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

If you haven't done anything wrong, why would you care about security cameras watching you?

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

so now i cant pee in the front yard anymore?

MrSolvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrSolvo
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts
At least we have Will Smith here to save us!
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DivergeUnify

Cop cars are way more intimidating. Rednecks are just going to 30-O6 those drones out of the sky

I know I will

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

The UAV wouldn't be "spying" on anyone. that would be way too costly to keep it up that long. It will be used the track down criminals and in high speed chases. People on gamespot are too paranoid.

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

Tasers were designed for the average C.O.P who shouldn't be a C.O.P because they are 5 foot 150 pounds therefore incapable of wresting with someone.

I am 100% against the mainstream use of less lethal equipment. People take you more seriously when they know their options are comply or die. Less Lethal and Less than lethal items have their applications but they should remain special application, not standard application.

People get tased and batoned because they don't listen. Arguing and resisting is not acceptable. Obstruction is not acceptable. Arguing with officershinders police business therefore it's notacceptable.

Someones some jerk C.O.Ps do go rogue, but usually someone that gets their ass beat by the C.O.Ps is a person that habitually breaks the law as well as habitually disrespects the enforcers. So it escalates to primitive communication.

The stupid part is most criminals don't do things out in the open. If the government is giving police these expensive drones apparently they are not veryuseful. That's why the federal government gives equipment to the municipal police, it's junk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Tasers were designed for the average C.O.P who shouldn't be a C.O.P because they are 5 foot 150 pounds therefore incapable of wresting with someone.

I am 100% against the mainstream use of less lethal equipment. People take you more seriously when they know their options are comply or die. Less Lethal and Less than lethal items have their applications but they should remain special application, not standard application.

People get tased and batoned because they don't listen. Arguing and resisting is not acceptable. Obstruction is not acceptable. Arguing with officershinders police business therefore it's notacceptable.

Someones some jerk C.O.Ps do go rogue, but usually someone that gets their ass beat by the C.O.Ps is a person that habitually breaks the law as well as habitually disrespects the enforcers. So it escalates to primitive communication.

The stupid part is most criminals don't do things out in the open. If the government is giving police these expensive drones apparently they are not veryuseful. That's why the federal government gives equipment to the municipal police, it's junk.

MagnumPI

Im not sure what its like in the US but in the Uk the police only use tasers when someone is armed.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

toast_burner

Im not sure what its like in the US but in the Uk the police only use tasers when someone is armed.

in norway the police dosent carry any form of weapon :D feels good man

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DivergeUnify

[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

toast_burner

All sorts of tasing goes on here in the US of A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

Half-Way

in norway the police dosent carry any form of weapon :D feels good man

Neither do they here. The only ones to carry guns and tasers are the armed response units.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

MagnumPI
Wait, so...either comply with authorities or die?
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

clayron
Wait, so...either comply with authorities or die?

That sounds PERFECTLY REESONABLE.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

toast_burner

In the U.S a lot of people who are pulled over are invehicle that was reported stolenor the vehicle is damagedwhich usually means hit & run. Most of thecriminals here are killers. Normally they stall while getting out of the vehicle and pull a gun as they turn. So usually the police keep a taser on the suspectsso if the suspectmoves the suspectgets zapped. Or if you get close enough they will try to stab you with something or even clobber you with a lug wrench or whatever.They are dangerous, so many departments have better safe than sorry procedure.