• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Pills? I can think of far worse probabilities, such as Meth or Crack Cocaine. I take 20 pills a day... I'm fine.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Pills? I can think of far worse probabilities, such as Meth or Crack Cocaine. I take 20 pills a day... I'm fine.

lundy86_4

Oxycodone is an opiate, legal synthetic cocaine.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Slow_Show"]

While I'm sure that happens to an extent, the other side is pain management is simply really f*cking difficult: we know that on the whole modern medicine doesn't do enough to manage pain, and on top of that there are neurological and psychological components to pain that we still don't understand -- you can't just say "stop doing that thing that makes your back hurt" because there isn't necessarily a physiological cause of that back pain (no matter how real and excruciating and debilitating it is). So even if you have a doctor with the utmost integrity and an encyclopedic knowledge of pain and pain management, there's still a decent chance they'll prescribe the wrong pills to the wrong person.

br0kenrabbit

Ever heard of a 'pill mill'?

They're quite a problems because yes, some people do need pain management. However, some doctors don't even need to hear your story or see your records, if you go to one of these pill mills and just say "I need pain meds", they'll write you a script.

People have lived with pain since like forever. Yes, I am in agreement that some pain needs to be treated, but not every minor ache or throb.

The problem with this is there's no scientific way to prove pain. The best doctors in the world can't tell me what, and what I can't feel. It's a shady business like Anabolic steroids(Testosterone specifically); there's no general label of what's low, or high T. Though on PEDs defense, they're no worse than Alcohol, or Tobacco.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Fightingfan

I know a majority of my my ol' high school friends pop Oxycotons, have to separate myself from them : /

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Itching and dry mouth are a long way from tooth loss and picking at your skin.

worlock77

Those were listed side-effects for when taking the medication as-prescribed. Over long-term use and in combination the effects exacerbate because the user increases dosage as tolerance is built.

I do not believe for one second that the condition of the woman you spoke of was simply due to overuse of prescription drugs alone.

Stimulus from hallucinogenics can cause anxiety, and a common side effect is the patients/druggies, they commonly claim they feel "bugs" under their skin. This is all cause from the active ingredients of Oxycodone..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_parasitosis

http://blackpoppymag.wordpress.com/a-z-of-health/stimulant-induced-skin-picking/

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Fightingfan

Assuming it works the same as cocaine, let alone crack cocaine.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Fightingfan

*opioid and calling it synthetic cocaine is crazy; it's nothing like cocaine (at least not in my experience)
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 22Toothpicks

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

I do not believe for one second that the condition of the woman you spoke of was simply due to overuse of prescription drugs alone.

br0kenrabbit

I've seen it first-hand, I can believe it. But I never said she hasn't done anything else:

I'm not saying she hasn't done meth, but meth isn't listed as a charge, pills are a really big problem in this area, and we know 100% that pills were involved in this arrest.

br0kenrabbit

It takes a lot longer for pills to degrade a person than meth or amphetamines, but it does happen eventually. We can speculate all we want, but the facts of the case are that the arrest was for Schedule VI drugs.

the progression of popping>snorting>slamming>smoking the pills also contributes to some nasty side effects with all those binders/fillers contianed within the pills i'm sure it contributes to a more rapid decay of the body
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

22Toothpicks

*opioid and calling it synthetic cocaine is crazy; it's nothing like cocaine (at least not in my experience)

You either took a pill that was fake, cut, or an extremely low dose. Also, I'm not "calling it that", that's exactly what it is, it's a man made narcotic that derives from poppy and heroin.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 22Toothpicks

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Oxycodone is an opiate, legal synthetic cocaine.

Fightingfan

You either took a pill that was fake, cut, or an extremely low dose. Also, I'm not "calling it that", that's exactly what it is, it's a man made narcotic that derives from poppy and heroin.

:lol: assumimg is such an embarassing thing to do; i've had my share of drug problems. i've experienced both many times and in many different ways (as in different routes of admininstration). the two substances are nothing alike in their highs

edit: okay, they are alike in that it's a real b*tch to sleep on either (even after the comedown)

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"] *opioid and calling it synthetic cocaine is crazy; it's nothing like cocaine (at least not in my experience)22Toothpicks

:lol: assumimg is such an embarassing thing to do; i've had my share of drug problems. i've experienced both many times and in many different ways (as in different routes of admininstration). the two substances are nothing alike in their highs

I'm not really talking about the "highs" more of the affects on the human body the drugs can do.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 22Toothpicks
[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Fightingfan

I'm not really talking about the "highs" more of the effects on the human body.

lollololol in your previous post you were so quick to try to discredit my statement about the highs....now it's not about the high? next time specify (sorry if it sounds like i'm being an ass...i still love you FF :oops: )
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Fightingfan

22Toothpicks
I think I know something about you know, but I can't say.

*Anyways. Do the real stuff, Oxy no good and it's expensive(Granted you're not the one farming).

*Jesus Christ my spelling is atroccious today.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 22Toothpicks

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]Fightingfan

*Anyways. Do the real stuff, Oxy no good an it's expensive(Granted you're not the one farming).

>_> i haven't done any drugs in years; 4 years sober and still going strong
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]22Toothpicks

*Anyways. Do the real stuff, Oxy no good an it's expensive(Granted you're not the one farming).

Strong? This looks like the face of a depressed man to me.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7D86hd-Lz61u22in_5tf

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fightingfan
I really don't see why any doctor would prescribe Oxy TBH for therapy. It'll turn most people in a coke-head.
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 22Toothpicks

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] I think I know something about you know, but I can't say.

Fightingfan

oh that was during my month long struggle with constipation; would you have a smile on your face with that kind of pressure? and WTF, why do you have my pic? please tell me all you're doing with it is fapping
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"] >_> i haven't done any drugs in years; 4 years sober and still going strong22Toothpicks

oh that was during my month long struggle with constipation; would you have a smile on your face with that kind of pressure? and WTF, why do you have my pic? please tell me all you're doing with it is fapping

Remember you threatened my life? I had to have evidence that a former police man wanted to commit a Rodney King 2.0. [spoiler] Know where you live, know where you used to work, FEAR ME. [/spoiler] [spoiler] Just googled your name [/spoiler]
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 22Toothpicks
lol if you google my name you get a bunch of harry potter related crap...good luck with all that.
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 22Toothpicks

and there is no way you know what law enforcement agency i use to work for

your lies might work on the more niave but not me, kind sir, not me...

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Fightingfan

22Toothpicks
Shut your face or I'll get those Anonymous nerds on you.
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 22Toothpicks
[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]

Fightingfan
Shut your face or I'll get those Anonymous nerds on you.

ah-ha i've called you on your lies and now you're getting all defensive! LIAR LIAR PLANTS FOR HIRE
DJ419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DJ419
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts

I really don't see why any doctor would prescribe Oxy TBH for therapy. It'll turn most people in a coke-head.Fightingfan

Depending on the therapy, it could be extremely painful. I have a long history with opiate based painkillers, relating to a medical condition. I can see how it could be easy to get hooked on them. I'm confident that the only reason I never became dependant on them was because I did one thing. I followed the f%$@ing directions on the bottle. People become dependant on the drugs because they start taking more than they are supposed to. I don't like it when people demonize painkillers because people start going against what their doctor tells them, which gets them hooked on them. I know for a fact that painkillers saved my life in many ways, they are miracle drugs.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
You obviously don't understand how addiction works. It is a biological disorder. Many times people have no clue that they are prone to addiction, are prescribed a certain medicine, then become addicted. They don't choose to be addicts, it's an affliction you are born with.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I live in Florida, aka pill nation. We sell Xanal like candy bars around here. People come from all over the nation just to easily get pills from corrupt doctors and sell them. This "War on Drugs" is such a joke it can't even be overstated. Nobody is calling out these pharmasceutical companies because chances are they have inside deals going on with particular members in office. But pshh, what do we know...

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts

Pills is very vague.

toast_burner
Must've been good ones if it fvcked her up that much :|
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 22Toothpicks
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Pills is very vague.

double_decker
Must've been good ones if it fvcked her up that much :|

I imagine doing a lot of ecstacy (the dirty disgusting American ecstacy pills) would wreck someone's sh*t if used frequently and for a prolonged period of time.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"] I imagine doing a lot of ecstacy (the dirty disgusting American ecstacy pills) would wreck someone's sh*t if used frequently and for a prolonged period of time.

Probably, I wouldn't know though, I've always just drank like a fish and never messed with pills at all, too easy to OD.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I really don't see why any doctor would prescribe Oxy TBH for therapy. It'll turn most people in a coke-head.DJ419

Depending on the therapy, it could be extremely painful. I have a long history with opiate based painkillers, relating to a medical condition. I can see how it could be easy to get hooked on them. I'm confident that the only reason I never became dependant on them was because I did one thing. I followed the f%$@ing directions on the bottle. People become dependant on the drugs because they start taking more than they are supposed to. I don't like it when people demonize painkillers because people start going against what their doctor tells them, which gets them hooked on them. I know for a fact that painkillers saved my life in many ways, they are miracle drugs.

I was on Oxy, 160mg a day for eight years (I have a medical condition also which causes chronic pain) and I disagree with the above. I became very dependant on them and I took no more than was RxD for all that time. I was very physically and mentally dependant. That was by far the strongest sh!t I've ever been on and it turned me into a lethargic zombie (at least until my next dose which would wake me up for two hours, then I'd have six to wait for more). I decided to detox, that was a lot of fun, and now I'm on a low dose of Vicodin. I'm not dependant on them, but Oxy was an entirely different story. They can be miracle drugs, but I'd say only as a last resort or in extreme moderation.

Though as far as teeth falling out, picking skin....this is news to me that narcotics do this.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I really don't see why any doctor would prescribe Oxy TBH for therapy. It'll turn most people in a coke-head.DJ419

Dependence and addiction are two different things. It isn't very hard to become dependent on a medication, in my experience.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#81 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
I wouldn't know. Had a family member who was addicted to pills though. Also to alcohol. Was very saddave123321
Is he called Max Payne?
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Prescription abuse is a huge problem in Canada, especially among the poor. It's kinda sad that instead of heroin or crack, people with very little, or no income are abusing Valium, Oxycontin (now Oxyneo, apparently harder to crush) and other prescription opiates they can get for as little as a dollar a pill, and the high lasts several times longer than "illegal" drugs. What's worse, is that in Canada, these addicts are destroying their bodies, and we as taxpayers have to pay for their medical treatment. I'm all for bodily sovereignty (they can do whatever they want to their body so long as it does not infringe on the bodily rights of another)... but I'm not happy footing the bill for people I think gave up their right to free health care by choosing to destroy their bodies.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

but I'm not happy footing the bill for people I think gave up their right to free health care by choosing to destroy their bodies.Zeviander

I understand the sentiment and all, but can we really have a health system that says "okay take these drugs to get better" and then turn around and say "oh you got addicted to the pills we told you to take? Not our problem, you're on your own!"?

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"] but I'm not happy footing the bill for people I think gave up their right to free health care by choosing to destroy their bodies._BlueDuck_

I understand the sentiment and all, but can we really have a health system that says "okay take these drugs to get better" and then turn around and say "oh you got addicted to the pills we told you to take? Not our problem, you're on your own!"?

And as soon as the pills aren't available, they move to other opiates on the street to fuel their addiction. I've heard many pill addicts justify heroin use because it's cheaper and offers a similar high.
lonewolfman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lonewolfman10
Member since 2012 • 528 Posts

Pills are used a lot as opposed to liquit

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
My uncle killed my grandfather over pills, so Fnck pillheads. Yes pills are bad in my area (Columbus, Ohio) and I have cut ties with so many people that I use to hang out with. Pillheads are the most shady grimy people I have ever come across. All they care about is that next pill and don't care what they have to do to get it. In my experience, it is the women that are the worst.
Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

Although i am not against drugs, I do think they age people really badly.

I think once you have had your fair share in experimenting, you should turn to other methods for recreation.

i feel sorry for people who could not grow out of their adolescence.