This topic is locked from further discussion.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

23 Dumbass Stories

Just seen horror film called "Annabelle" tonight, a prequel to the conjuring, Got me thinking about Ouija boards with Halloween due it could be fun to try it out at work after hours when we are closed.

Our work Building is right by a cemetery, makes lots of noises and we shut at midnight, its perfect for a Ouija Board session. Many co-workers are convinced the place is haunted and don't like to be alone there at night.

By the way I don't believe in anything connected with Ouija boards, its all in the imaginations of the users, reading the comments of the article I posted the link looks like some people really believe that stuff

Anyway do you believe in that stuff, if so why?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Loading Video...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thehig1

@foxhound_fox: Seen that, I love Penn & Teller BS too, I'm actually going to watch that episode again thanks for posting it.

My favorite BS episode was the one on Astrology

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

They have a movie coming out that is apparently based on a real ouija board experience

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204977/

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Wow, what is this about...........

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@foxhound_fox: Thanks for the video. I never knew this was a thing.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 foxhound_fox

@behardy24 said:

@foxhound_fox: Thanks for the video. I never knew this was a thing.

It's a fantastic show. I recommend most of the first 4-5 seasons. They start running out of topics later in the series, so it becomes pretty lame and forced, but there are still some gems.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thehig1

@konvikt_17 said:

They have a movie coming out that is apparently based on a real ouija board experience

I doubt it based off a "real" experience, look at who one of the production companies are producing the film, Hasbro hahah, they were the company who first produced the ouija game and sold it in toy stores.

Also Michael Bay is one of the producers, it doesn't seem like this type of film is his style, its not a beloved childhood cartoon he can destroy.

There could be some pretty cool car chase scenes and explosions in this film if Michael Bays past efforts are anything to go by

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@konvikt_17 said:

I doubt it based off a "real" experience, look at who one of the production companies are producing the film, Hasbro hahah, they were the company who first produced the ouija game and sold it in toy stores.

Also Michael Bay is one of the producers, it doesn't seem like this type of film is his style, its not a beloved childhood cartoon he can destroy.

There could be some pretty cool car chase scenes and explosions in this film if Michael Bays past efforts are anything to go by

oh i highly doubt its based on a real experience. thats just what the movie says and how its being promoted.

just like every other similar movie, they throw the "based on a true story" or "based on true events" to garner more views and appeal to the audience and such.

always find it funny how they have a movie "based on a true story" then give the movie alternate endings and sequels.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

I never could figure out how a piece of cardboard was supposed to connect me to the dead that lurk around. >__>

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I don't like to waste my time.

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

i wouldn't just incase :p

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 foxhound_fox

@Yrkoon99 said:

i wouldn't just incase :p

Just in case what?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I lived across the street from a cemetery for years, only thing that ever stirred in the night were kids trespassing, and the cops coming in to get them out. Been in there a few times myself for a moonlight picnic, never thought of it as a creepy place. Ouija boards seem like silly toys, but they make a great device for some horror films, but beyond that they seem like a waste of time to me unless you're still a kid or something. I remember once going to a voodoo themed bar and some of the tables were basically giant Ouija boards, thought that was cool only in keeping with the theme of the place.