Other forums like GS? That are more populated?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chicken453
Member since 2011 • 2038 Posts

Just wondering what other sites are there? I joined GS when people started leaving, the few people there were frequent when I was here seem to have gone. So what other sites with gaming discussions are there?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Ign is pretty grate
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

IGN is very popular, far more than this site and the community is better too.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

ShadowMoses900
i agree. please visit ign
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
ALL HAIL IGN!
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

IGN's forum layout just bothers me. Don't know why.

EDIT: And apparently I'm IP banned from one of the boards....don't even have an account there...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

www.neogaf.com

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

ShadowMoses900

Uh, no it's not. Gamespot is the #1 videogame site.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
IGN's community is horrid.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321

ShadowMoses900
You always seem to be taking some very serious digs at this community. You should seriously leave if you feel as strong a hate as you seem to harbor.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dave123321
IGN's community is horrid.Allicrombie
In what ways?
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

IGN is pretty good. The Vestibule is okay, though there's WAY too many "clever" aka utterly pointless comments on there, and WAY too many 14 year old virgins desperately trying to pretend they're 18 year old studs. Their console boards are about like here and their general gaming is far more dead and off-topic than here.

But there's a ton more people there.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Pirate700

IGN has far more site traffic and a larger community than this place. GS keeps getting smaller and smaller, barely anyone posts in the primary games section anymore. Same goes for the unions, the only 2 popular sections of this site are SW (which is stupid) and OT (which is also sometimes stupid).

On IGN just about every section is full and the community is better, no one throws out stupid insults or anything like that. They also get the news first and dev interviews. What site one finds better is subjective, but when it comes to size, popularity, growth, and influence IGN is number 1.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

dave123321
You always seem to be taking some very serious digs at this community. You should seriously leave if you feel as strong a hate as you seem to harbor.

To be fair... no one likes him.
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Primordialous

Could someone explain to me why people say IGN is good?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dave123321
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

shadowkiller11

To be fair... no one likes him.

I think he needs to realize that some will not like him or others for personal reasons relating to themselves and their specific posts and behavior, and not necessarily because of the groups they identify with.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

dave123321

I only really get upset when there are religious threads, the community here hates religious people and they spread nothing but lies about them. My religious beliefs are important to me, so surely you can understand why some people get mad when others attack them.

IMO religious threads should abide by a stricter TOU, or just not allow them to make them at all.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

IGN has far more site traffic and a larger community than this place. GS keeps getting smaller and smaller, barely anyone posts in the primary games section anymore. Same goes for the unions, the only 2 popular sections of this site are SW (which is stupid) and OT (which is also sometimes stupid).

On IGN just about every section is full and the community is better, no one throws out stupid insults or anything like that. They also get the news first and dev interviews. What site one finds better is subjective, but when it comes to size, popularity, growth, and influence IGN is number 1.

Why don't you stay there if you like it so much better...

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Primordialous

ShadowMoses900

I only really get upset when there are religious threads, the community here hates religious people and they spread nothing but lies about them. My religious beliefs are important to me, so surely you can understand why some people get mad when others attack them.

IMO religious threads should abide by a stricter TOU, or just not allow them to make them at all.

Finally something I can actually agree with you on.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Uh, no it's not. Gamespot is the #1 videogame site.

Pirate700

Why don't you stay there if you like it so much better...

I mainly came here for the unions, but not many people post there anymore. But I do have some friends that hang out there so that's why I still hang around.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

ShadowMoses900

Most people here do not hate religious people. I know, YOU think somebody admitting not to believing in something is a direct frontal assault on people who do. But um. is there really a massive army of anti theists on here? There's also a vast difference between disliking a religion and disking all of its followers. I know you disagree. You have your victim role to protect. Your persecution complex. Your idea of being all alone fighting a dragon. Your minority status. But man, be real for a second, and is it really that bad? Just get over the fact people do not want to high five your every paragraph and grow several backbones. Welcome to reality, where opinions differ and feelings get hurt. Go back to IGNorant.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Any hip hop forum>>>>
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"] You always seem to be taking some very serious digs at this community. You should seriously leave if you feel as strong a hate as you seem to harbor.MrPraline

Most people here do not hate religious people. I know, YOU think somebody admitting not to believing in something is a direct frontal assault on people who do. But um. is there really a massive army of anti theists on here? There's also a vast difference between disliking a religion and disking all of its followers. I know you disagree. You have your victim role to protect. Your persecution complex. Your idea of being all alone fighting a dragon. Your minority status. But man, be real for a second, and is it really that bad? Just get over the fact people do not want to high five your every paragraph and grow several backbones. Welcome to reality, where opinions differ and feelings get hurt. Go back to IGNorant.

No the community here hates religious people as a whole, the first day I came to OT I simply said I believe in God and I immediately got jumped on and told I was dumb and that religion makes people dumber. There seems to be this consensus among the users here, I don't mind atheists at all but many of them here do not respect people.

I try to be polite as possible about it, but it sometimes get's under my skin and I say things I don't really mean. But OT is only one place, the reality is that there are plenty more welcoming communities. I guess I shouldn't let it get to me, but it is hard to do when I have a bad day and immediately people just jump on you because you express a religious view.

Some of the users here are good, but some are really bad about it.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

No the community here hates religious people as a whole, the first day I came to OT I simply said I believe in God and I immediately got jumped on and told I was dumb and that religion makes people dumber. There seems to be this consensus among the users here, I don't mind atheists at all but many of them here do not respect people.

I try to be polite as possible about it, but it sometimes get's under my skin and I say things I don't really mean. But OT is only one place, the reality is that there are plenty more welcoming communities. I guess I shouldn't let it get to me, but it is hard to do when I have a bad day and immediately people just jump on you because you express a religious view.

No as Praline said there is only a few anti-religious people on here also look at another religious user on here. Mindstorm it's evident his religious and majorly so yet hardly anyone actually criticizes him, only the 1 or 2 random ones but this is a forum you're a are going to get disagreement and debate. Maybe you should look at how you post on here and see why people directly attack you as oppose to the other religious people on here. Also just avoid religious threads if it bothers you so much.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrPraline
Any hip hop forum>>>>Bucked20
Used to be on Boxden, haven't been there since 2004-2005 though. Was always fun but silly.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#26 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="shadowkiller11"] Mindstorm it's evident his religious and majorly so yet hardly anyone actually criticizes him, only the 1 or 2 random ones but this is a forum you're a are going to get disagreement and debate. Maybe you should look at how you post on here and see why people directly attack you as oppose to the other religious people on here. Also just avoid religious threads if it bothers you so much.

We're actually all afraid mindstorm is gonna bring the rapture one day.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bucked20
[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Any hip hop forum>>>>MrPraline
Used to be on Boxden, haven't been there since 2004-2005 though. Was always fun but silly.

I joined last year,posters on there always have me trippin,easily the best forum to be honest
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrPraline
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Bucked20"]Any hip hop forum>>>>Bucked20

I joined last year,posters on there always have me trippin,easily the best forum to be honest

Good times. The internet beef was always hilarious. Got my name dropped in an internet video with Boxden people holding guns once. Is Ronnie still the boss there?
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dave123321
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] Most people here do not hate religious people. I know, YOU think somebody admitting not to believing in something is a direct frontal assault on people who do. But um. is there really a massive army of anti theists on here? There's also a vast difference between disliking a religion and disking all of its followers. I know you disagree. You have your victim role to protect. Your persecution complex. Your idea of being all alone fighting a dragon. Your minority status. But man, be real for a second, and is it really that bad? Just get over the fact people do not want to high five your every paragraph and grow several backbones. Welcome to reality, where opinions differ and feelings get hurt. Go back to IGNorant.shadowkiller11

No as Praline said there is only a few anti-religious people on here also look at another religious user on here. Mindstorm it's evident his religious and majorly so yet hardly anyone actually criticizes him, only the 1 or 2 random ones but this is a forum you're a are going to get disagreement and debate. Maybe you should look at how you post on here and see why people directly attack you as oppose to the other religious people on here. Also just avoid religious threads if it bothers you so much.

+1
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bucked20
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Used to be on Boxden, haven't been there since 2004-2005 though. Was always fun but silly.

Good times. The internet beef was always hilarious. Got my name dropped in an internet video with Boxden people holding guns once. Is Ronnie still the boss there?

Lol yea its always some beef on there and I still see ronnie on there sometimes
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I enjoy the VGPress community, though it's small. They have a great podcast as well.
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
Check out the GameFaq board. It's very active and entertaining.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

ShadowMoses900

If you really don't like what people are saying about religion, why don't you just not click on the religion threads? I've never understood why people want to ban topics of conversation they dislike when they aren't even being forced to participate in the conversation.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Yeah!

I got banned for posting ponies!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

GS is best site community wise and OT best forum ever. Also blogging, uploading pictures and videos in your GS profile are nifty features.

I prefer GS anyday over IGN,Facebook,Twitter.

My advise to TC, try to stay on GS its certainly interesting and addicting.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]IGN's community is horrid.sexyweapons

Yeah!

For some reason, that makes them better in my mind. :P
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
So similar to GS's?
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]IGN's community is horrid.Travo_basic

Yeah!

Can you guys make that a bannable offense here as well? :P
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

Yeah!

chessmaster1989

I'll second that.....
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pirate700

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Travo_basic"] For some reason, that makes them better in my mind. :PLJS9502_basic

I'll second that.....

I'm gonna third that. Maybe an IP ban from the entire internet. :P

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] Can you guys make that a bannable offense here as well? :PPirate700

I'll second that.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'll second that.....sexyweapons

That avatar is gonna have to go :twisted:
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'll second that.....sexyweapons

Don't worry. Nobody is taking away the ponies or the glitter. :P

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sexyweapons

I left an interesting mark on the IGN boards...

LINK

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]I'm gonna third that. Maybe an IP ban from the entire internet. :P

Pirate700

They glitter now?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

LJS9502_basic

They glitter now?

Don't they sparkle now or some crap like that?

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Don't worry. Nobody is taking away the ponies or the glitter. :P

Pirate700

They glitter now?

The toys or the show?

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Don't worry. Nobody is taking away the ponies or the glitter. :P

Pirate700

They glitter now?

Probably. I fear that Twilight and MLP are creating a new era of sparkliness that will know no end.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]I'm gonna third that. Maybe an IP ban from the entire internet. :P

chessmaster1989

That avatar is gonna have to go :twisted:

Its staying:evil:

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] They glitter now?chessmaster1989

Probably. I fear that Twilight and MLP are creating a new era of sparkliness that will know no end.

Good...LORD. :o