Official 86th Oscars Thread: (Keep Everything Related Here)

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Master_Live

Poll Official 86th Oscars Thread: (Keep Everything Related Here) (19 votes)

American Hustle 5%
Captain Phillips 0%
Dallas Buyers Club 5%
Gravity 42%
Her 0%
Nebraska 5%
Philomena 0%
12 Years a Slave 26%
The Wolf of Wall Street 16%

Here are all the nominees and nominations! Lets at least try to pick the winners for some of the most important nominations. You can add more if you like of course.

Best Picture:

• Nominees are listed on the poll.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role:

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role:

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role:

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role:

Best Achievement in Directing:

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen:

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published:

• 
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@destinhpark said:

@indzman said:

My next wishlist of must watch movies are 12 years a slave followed by captain philips :)

Captain Phillips was really thrilling, I loved it. 12 Years A Slave had some very solid acting and nothing else.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to watch both lol. atm watching a old movie GOAL 2 on dvd Heh.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

So many of these out there now.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Well I only guessed two nominations incorrectly. Pretty solid year for my predictions. coincidentally it happened to be in both the male actor categories.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

http://youtu.be/yWGaKOetSoQ?t=37s

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Movie of the year: should be 12 Years a Slave. It was a fantastic film and it has the slavery/oppression aspect that the Oscar judges adore.

Leonardo Dicaprio should take home his first Oscar this year. Chiwetel Ejiofor, and the rest of the nominees were excellent, but Dicaprio gave one hell of a performance in Wolf. Given his long career and lack of awards I would be surprised if the Academy did not give him an Oscar this year.

Best actress is a difficult one to call. None of these performances really stood out to me this year. Although I believe that Cate Blanchett will take the honor this year.

Supporting Actor: Barkhad Abdi should take home the Oscar no problem. He gave a fantastic performance in Captain Phillips. It certainly stood out more than the other actors in this category.

Best supporting Actress: Jennifer Lawrence was fantastic in American Hustle, but because she was last years winner I doubt she will be given the Oscar again so soon. Instead I think the Academy will honor Lupita Nyong'o.

Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron is well loved in Hollywood and I would be very surprised if he did not take home Best Director.

Best Original Screenplay: Her

Best Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave

Best Animated Film: Frozen

Cinematography: Gravity

Editing: Gravity

Visual Effects: Gravity

Costume Design: How could The Great Gatsby not win this nomination.

Makeup: Dallas Buyers Club

Production Design: This is a toss up. But I could see Gatsby Winning it because of the Elaborate sets.

Best Original Score: Gravity

Best Original Song: Let it Go. Ordinary Love could win but not because it is a better song, but because of Bono and U2's star power.

Totals: Gravity: 5, 12 Years a Slave: 3, Gatsby: 2, Frozen: 2, Captain Phillips: 1, Her: 1, Wolf of Wallstreet: 1, Blue Jasmine: 1, Dallas Buyers Club: 1.

You were pretty spot on... Good job.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@ferrari2001 said:

Well I only guessed two nominations incorrectly. Pretty solid year for my predictions. coincidentally it happened to be in both the male actor categories.

The two male actor nominations? Pretty much the most predictable wins of the night man....

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Round 1, Fight!

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

@ferrari2001 said:

The two male actor nominations? Pretty much the most predictable wins of the night man....

I really though they were going to give it to Leo rather than Mcconaughey. And I wanted Abdi to take home the supporting Oscar win. And they were far from the most predictable. The more predictable categories were lead actress, animated film, special effect, cinematography, and movie of the year. All of those were far more predictable then who would win lead actor and supporting actor.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SaintLeonidas

@ferrari2001 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@ferrari2001 said:

I really though they were going to give it to Leo rather than Mcconaughey. And I wanted Abdi to take home the supporting Oscar win. And they were far from the most predictable. The more predictable categories were lead actress, animated film, special effect, cinematography, and movie of the year. All of those were far more predictable then who would win lead actor and supporting actor.

Though I could see people making a case as for why McConaughey's win wasn't that predictable (even though he won most of the major awards leading up to the Oscars and all the buzz was on him) saying male supporting actor was "far from predictable" is just a bit crazy...of the 38 notable awards given out this year for supporting actor, 27 went to Leto. NO ONE was beating him.