Obama v. Huckabee - If you had to vote for one, who?

• 191 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Obama...Huckabee is okay, but he somethings he says scares me...and **** having a national sales tax upwards of 23%.fat_rob

You do understand that chances are we won't be paying much more? That businesses will most likely lower prices on their products for them to sell well.

ConManWithGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ConManWithGun
Member since 2005 • 6272 Posts
I'd vote for Obama before ever voting for Huckabee, seriously Huckabee? what the hell are people in Iowa smoking, he wants to make a 23% sales tax wtf?
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I'd vote for Obama before ever voting for Huckabee, seriously Huckabee? what the hell are people in Iowa smoking, he wants to make a 23% sales tax wtf?ConManWithGun

I'd rather have a sales tax than income tax.

reagan80_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 reagan80_basic
Member since 2002 • 2651 Posts

[QUOTE="ConManWithGun"]I'd vote for Obama before ever voting for Huckabee, seriously Huckabee? what the hell are people in Iowa smoking, he wants to make a 23% sales tax wtf?Oleg_Huzwog

I'd rather have a sales tax than income tax.

Indeed, from what I understand, Huckabee wants the complete elimination of income taxes and the disbanding of the IRS. The sales tax seems outrageously high, but it is that waybecause it is needed to recoup revenue after phasing out income taxes.

I don't want people to think that he wants to have both income taxes AND this sales tax.

xboxdudeman800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 xboxdudeman800
Member since 2005 • 3880 Posts

Obama.

...Mike Hukabee as president would be like George Bush 2.0, and Ido not want that to happen.

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
There is no issue that I agree with Huckabee on whatsoever, whereas Obama is (at least seemingly) intelligent.
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Painful scenario, but I'd have to go with Obama. Inexperience is preferable to religious fundamentalism.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
Huckabee will probably not win the nomination.
reagan80_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 reagan80_basic

Huckabee will probably not win the nomination.quiglythegreat

Indeed, it looks like McCain is starting to make a resurgence.

iceuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 iceuk
Member since 2004 • 1717 Posts
Obama for no good reason.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Obama, not a big fan of Huckabee.
usaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 usaaaaaa
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

Obama for one Republicans imo have done awful in the past two terms with Bush at the helm.. Its time to let the democrats have a go at it.

sSubZerOo

They had a go at it-Look at congress. They're as bad as the republicans.

o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
Huckabee, I'm conservitive. Although i don't like either. In fact I don't like any '08 candidate.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#64 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Obama, still don't think he wins it, but being a lifelong Arkansan the U.S. REALLY doesn't need Huckabee. He won't be the nominee either though.
reagan80_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 reagan80_basic

Obama, still don't think he wins it, but being a lifelong Arkansan the U.S. REALLY doesn't need Huckabee. He won't be the nominee either though.btaylor2404

Hopefully, it will be McCain if not Thompson.

jarmierulzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jarmierulzalot
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts
steven colbert thats the truthinessss!
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#67 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
I would hesitantly vote for Huckabee. Not that I would consider voting for Obama, but I would hesitate to vote at all.
tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts
my local paper described Huckabee as a reverend turned politician. No thanks. Nothing against reverends but they dont exactly sound qualified to be president.
jarmierulzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jarmierulzalot

Obama, definitely.

At least I agree with some of the things he says. If I had it my way, though, Mascis for president.

Cerussite

a-friken-men

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#70 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts

my local paper described Huckabee as a reverend turned politician. No thanks. Nothing against reverends but they dont exactly sound qualified to be president.tazzydnc

Well he was also Governor of Arkansas, like Bill Clinton was.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
I don't mind that Huckabee is religious (He can go scientologist for all i care), what bothers me is how dishonest he is. Did anyone see that christmas commercial he had? That kind of stuff just seems like b.s. to me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a3583b110a97
deactivated-5a3583b110a97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 deactivated-5a3583b110a97
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts
Well, I'm a libertarian, so Obama is probably my best choice out of the democratic candidates, but I absolutely hate his ideas for universal healthcare and whatnot. However I would never vote for a theocratic, evangelical fool who doesnt even believe in the theory of evolution. So Obama. But I doubt Huckabee will get the nomination.
dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts
Obama. The last thing we need is another religious nut in the white house. Church and state do not belong together.
SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#74 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

Who ever is least likely to believe the Earth is 5,000 years old. Hint, Huckabee is a Southern Baptist minister.Darthmatt

seems like you are making your decision based on religion and not logical decision even if Huckabee is a terrible decision. Obama claims to be Christian also; I don't know if he acutally is though.

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#75 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

Well, I'm a libertarian, so Obama is probably my best choice out of the democratic candidates, but I absolutely hate his ideas for universal healthcare and whatnot. However I would never vote for a theocratic, evangelical fool who doesnt even believe in the theory of evolution. So Obama. But I doubt Huckabee will get the nomination.The_Laser08

so you are saying that people who dont believe in evolution dont use logic? :roll:

jarmierulzalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jarmierulzalot

Obama. The last thing we need is another religious nut in the white house. Church and state do not belong together.dgbiker1

you do know obama is muslim right. and we are in a muslim war? i do not under any means support the war i just belive john edwards is a better canidate

reagan80_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 reagan80_basic

[QUOTE="dgbiker1"]Obama. The last thing we need is another religious nut in the white house. Church and state do not belong together.jarmierulzalot

you do know obama is muslim right. and we are in a muslim war? i do not under any means support the war i just belive john edwards is a better canidate

Obama converted to Christianity, supposedly.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
Obama or Ron Paul to bad RP hasen't stepped up his game yet.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
Obama, I'm more of a democrat. Plus, the first black president :o
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
Obama. Huckabee's views are all ridiculously backwards.
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts
Neither. I wouldn't vote Republican due to way they've handled things the last 8 years and i wouldn't vote for Obama because the guy barely has any kind of experience running any kind of government. I'll wait and see if Bloomberg makes a run, then I'll go independent.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a3583b110a97
deactivated-5a3583b110a97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 deactivated-5a3583b110a97
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Laser08"]Well, I'm a libertarian, so Obama is probably my best choice out of the democratic candidates, but I absolutely hate his ideas for universal healthcare and whatnot. However I would never vote for a theocratic, evangelical fool who doesnt even believe in the theory of evolution. So Obama. But I doubt Huckabee will get the nomination.SupraGT

so you are saying that people who dont believe in evolution dont use logic? :roll:

yep, pretty much.

Avatar image for OPRFWrestler112
OPRFWrestler112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 OPRFWrestler112
Member since 2007 • 1570 Posts
Huckabee...he's CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED! :P
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 darkmoney52

Neither. I wouldn't vote Republican due to way they've handled things the last 8 years and i wouldn't vote for Obama because the guy barely has any kind of experience running any kind of government. I'll wait and see if Bloomberg makes a run, then I'll go independent.elblanquito_81

Unless you're counting her time as first lady, Hilary Clinton has only a year or two more experience than Obama (I know you didn't mention her, but shenever seems to get any flack for lack of experience so I don't see why oboma should. And why would you go independant? Isn't that pretty much the equivilent of not voting?

CaptHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 CaptHawkeye
Member since 2004 • 13977 Posts

Neither. I wouldn't vote Republican due to way they've handled things the last 8 years and i wouldn't vote for Obama because the guy barely has any kind of experience running any kind of government. I'll wait and see if Bloomberg makes a run, then I'll go independent.elblanquito_81

Am I the only person who thinks Obama's lack of government experience is a good thing? Their are some extremely nasty chains and habits going on in the government right now as a result of the veteran politicians and staff remaining in some kind of political power. They NEED to be broken.

That being said, Obama takes this easily. He still hasn't said much relating to Peak Oil buthe is CLEARLY superior to the rest of the Democratic lot and its political "wannabees".And he's MILES ahead of the Republican's half brained morons.

reagan80_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 reagan80_basic

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]Neither. I wouldn't vote Republican due to way they've handled things the last 8 years and i wouldn't vote for Obama because the guy barely has any kind of experience running any kind of government. I'll wait and see if Bloomberg makes a run, then I'll go independent.CaptHawkeye

Am I the only person who thinks Obama's lack of government experience is a good thing? Their are some extremely nasty chains and habits going on in the government right now as a result of the veteran politicians and staff remaining in some kind of political power. They NEED to be broken.

That being said, Obama takes this easily. He still hasn't said much relating to Peak Oil buthe is CLEARLY superior to the rest of the Democratic lot and its political "wannabees".And he's MILES ahead of the Republican's half brained morons.

The best part of your post was the sig, but it still needs more Tomo. Just sayin'.

aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts

If you haven't heard yet...

Obama and Huckabee won the Iowa Caucuses.

I'm just curious, if they were running today for president, who would you vote for if you had to choose one?

Neither of them are my favorite picks but Huckabee is just too "holier than thou" for me. Plus I'm not a fan of religious people being in power...Obama is less religious at least. Plus Obama could have kucinich for a VP (long shot...but hey...it's going to be dangerous being the first black president and Kucinich is the best possible life insurance in that case).

I wish Ron Paul had won but wishing doesn't make it happen :(

D9-THC

Kucinich is a joke. Do some research and find out what he did to Cleveland. And then come back and tell me if you want him as a VP. Plus, I'm voting for Huckabee, I like his courage and policies.

KHfanboy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 KHfanboy2
Member since 2007 • 42258 Posts
Obama. ;)
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

Neither. Obama is lib and Huckabee is a closet lib. Huck's economic policies are garbage. I want to full breed conservative. Not a half-breed.john_doe2

Conservatives are bred? :?

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Huckabee...I would never vote for a Dem...
CaptHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 CaptHawkeye
Member since 2004 • 13977 Posts

The best part of your post was the sig, but it still needs more Tomo. Just sayin'.reagan80_basic

Ugh, I liked that show. But of all the characters in it, Tomo was the only one I actually despised. She's selfish, cruel, morally twisted, and socially akward. Now maybe some will complain i'm being too critical, but what can I say? Her attitude reminded me too much of people I used to know and thus hits a little too close to home for me. Everyone else was fine, even Chiyo, who I think is a vastly annoying character, is better than her. But hey, AD builds itself on a diverse cast.

On topic: I'm getting a kick out of all the people saying we should vote Republican because of the Democratic Congress recent underperformance. Just ignore how things went under the Republicans of course. But hey, the Republicans are "strong" right? They invade lots of countries at once and create all sorts of new enemies for Americans to deal with now, and 20 years into the future. It's funny how people apply the physical concept of strength to politics.

icecube1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 icecube1137
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
Obama hands down.
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 darkmoney52

[QUOTE="reagan80_basic"]The best part of your post was the sig, but it still needs more Tomo. Just sayin'.CaptHawkeye

Ugh, I liked that show. But of all the characters in it, Tomo was the only one I actually despised. She's selfish, cruel, morally twisted, and socially akward. Now maybe some will complain i'm being too critical, but what can I say? Her attitude reminded me too much of people I used to know and thus hits a little too close to home for me. Everyone else was fine, even Chiyo, who I think is a vastly annoying character, is better than her. But hey, AD builds itself on a diverse cast.

On topic: I'm getting a kick out of all the people saying we should vote Republican because of the Democratic Congress recent underperformance. Just ignore how things went under the Republicans of course. But hey, the Republicans are "strong" right? They invade lots of countries at once and create all sorts of new enemies for Americans to deal with now, and 20 years into the future. It's funny how people apply the physical concept of strength to politics.

I think anyone who's watches the Daily Show with Jon Stuart would testify just how inept congress was under both leaderships. I swear to god, I've seen them quote Doctor Seuse on multiple occasions.

BassKreator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BassKreator
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
[QUOTE="blasto65_basic"]It is a snake. I think Obama is just to youg for Pres. Hilliry I dont trust as far as I could toss her. Huckabee to religious for may taste. Mitt just wont make the cut.Bromz
Obama is roughly the same age Kennedy was when he was president.

hope he doesnt get a assasinated like kennedy would be a shame u know becuause hes black and some people would be out to get him
dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts

[QUOTE="dgbiker1"]Obama. The last thing we need is another religious nut in the white house. Church and state do not belong together.jarmierulzalot

Check your facts, Obama's christian. I'm not saying I want an atheist, but an ex-minister/priest/whatever is a bit much. Seeing the campaign photos with the jesus-fish in the background is very scary.
peeviness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 peeviness
Member since 2004 • 2023 Posts
The only candidates I'd vote for are Huckabee and Paul.
Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
[QUOTE="jarmierulzalot"]

[QUOTE="dgbiker1"]Obama. The last thing we need is another religious nut in the white house. Church and state do not belong together.dgbiker1

Check your facts, Obama's christian. I'm not saying I want an atheist, but an ex-minister/priest/whatever is a bit much. Seeing the campaign photos with the jesus-fish in the background is very scary.

His mom is christan his dad is a Muslim i think.
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#98 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts

Huckabee, because he's "Chuck Norris Approved."

No but honestly I'd pick him because Obama doesn't have enough experience to run the country, IMO.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 darkmoney52
[QUOTE="dgbiker1"][QUOTE="jarmierulzalot"]

[QUOTE="dgbiker1"]Obama. The last thing we need is another religious nut in the white house. Church and state do not belong together.Unforgiven2870

His mom is christan his dad is a Muslim i think.

And my dad's a jew, but you don't see me busting out the minora.

jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts
Obama, he's an amazing man, I hope America realizes that this is a golden opprotunity set in front of them to elect someone that will do extradionary things.