My friend is planning on drinking and smoking weed : /

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Psychosisrain
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

why do people think weed is so bad?

Xeros606

Because it's a drug and it's illegal probably.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 methree15
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts

weed wont be too bad, drinking can damage your liver and drunk chicks are prime targets for teh raep.

Xeros606

u.s goverment, the **** and useless program called D.A.R.E.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 methree15
[QUOTE="Xeros606"]

Psychosisrain

caffine is an addictive pyschoactive that can kill you in quanities of 4 grams.

Adderal is speed. And they give it to kids with ADHD all the time.

Drugs surround us.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

It's like, a couple of years ago I was at a concert and the guys sitting next to me were smoking weed. And they offered me some. But I thought, "man, if I was 16 again, that'd be awesome. But I'm too damn old to get arrested for smoking weed at a concert."

So unfortunately I had to decline their offer. That's the nice thing about partying when you're still a kid. If you get caught, people are more likely to go easy on you.

Deity_Slapper

You let the police make a decision for you. :lol:

What can I say? I like to be employed.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Heat in your stomach. It's enough. Again it doesn't work as well but it works. I also ate some really skunky stuff so....

I know what high is and I was, not stoned but it worked some. It was more physical then mental.

methree15

I'm sorry, but no. Heat from your stomach is not enough to break those chemical bonds. What you got was the placebo effect.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 bobaban

Heat in your stomach. It's enough. Again it doesn't work as well but it works. I also ate some really skunky stuff so....

I know what high is and I was, not stoned but it worked some. It was more physical then mental.

methree15

I'm sorry, but no. Heat from your stomach is not enough to break those chemical bonds. What you got was the placebo effect.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Psychosisrain
[QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Xeros606"]

methree15

caffine is an addictive pyschoactive that can kill you in quanities of 4 grams.

Adderal is speed. And they give it to kids with ADHD all the time.

Drugs surround us.

yeah true, and I use to drink ALOT of energy drinks back then.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 methree15
[QUOTE="methree15"]

bobaban

First hand experience, I had forgotten that I had even ate it and I was not waiting for it to work. It just kinda hit me while I was watching a movie.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

It's like, a couple of years ago I was at a concert and the guys sitting next to me were smoking weed. And they offered me some. But I thought, "man, if I was 16 again, that'd be awesome. But I'm too damn old to get arrested for smoking weed at a concert."

So unfortunately I had to decline their offer. That's the nice thing about partying when you're still a kid. If you get caught, people are more likely to go easy on you.

MrGeezer

Seriously. And it's not like you couldn't have found a street dealer and smoked it in the privacy and safety of your own home anyway.
Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Psychosisrain
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

SmashBrosLegend

Seriously. And it's not like you couldn't have found a street dealer and smoked it in the privacy and safety of your own home anyway.

what are you guys talking about? he was in a concert where police patrol all the time.

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Psychosisrain

what are you guys talking about? he was in a concert where police patrol all the time.

I know. And I was saying that it was a smart decision to turn down the weed there, because he could just as easily get high in the safety and privacy of his home.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 bobaban
[QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="methree15"]

methree15

First hand experience, I had forgotten that I had even ate it and I was not waiting for it to work. It just kinda hit me while I was watching a movie.

Placebo Placebo Placebo. If you truly did forget(which I doubt) then it was your subconcious wanting to get high. I've ate it, even snorted it(powder from grinder that is) and I can tell you NEED a flame or v.high temp to break the THC into its potent form.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Psychosisrain
[QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

SmashBrosLegend

I know. And I was saying that it was a smart decision to turn down the weed there, because he could just as easily get high in the safety and privacy of his home.

Yeah, I misread your post, my bad =)

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

MrGeezer

I'm employed. I rip the bong.

Don't give me excuses for your fear of the law. Ha ha ha...

Avatar image for Atheos-Arkhaios
Atheos-Arkhaios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Atheos-Arkhaios
Member since 2008 • 880 Posts
[QUOTE="Atheos-Arkhaios"]

Marijuana is a drug that can be dangerous

Deity_Slapper

The only thing dangerous about cannabis is the fact that you might get caught with it by the po-pos.

You are assuming this taking place in a vacuum. In reality, circiumstances can make the drug dangerous.

LordoftheVacas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LordoftheVacas
Member since 2008 • 718 Posts
Tell her parents.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 bobaban

Deity_Slapper

I agree, espcially if it was only a toke or two that was offered. They can't arrest you for being high only possesion.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Deity_Slapper

You are assuming this taking place in a vacuum. In reality, circiumstances can make the drug dangerous.

Atheos-Arkhaios

I'm not assuming anything. I'm speaking from 14 years of experience.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Deity_Slapper

I agree, espcially if it was only a toke or two that was offered. They can't arrest you for being high only possesion.

bobaban

Plus the cops are just there to make sure nothing gets out of hand. They know people smoke weed at concerts. They can't arrest everybody. It would cause riots.

Atheos-Arkhaios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Atheos-Arkhaios
[QUOTE="Atheos-Arkhaios"]

Deity_Slapper

Um...congratulations? *claps* What does that have to do with what we were talking about. Anecdotal evidence holds no weight. I'm simply saying that marijuana is a drug that affects your congnitive abilities, which can be dangerous. Same with alcohol.

Mayhem48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mayhem48
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts
Don't worry, everyone smokes and drinks at that age, i would be more worried about the alcohol then the weed though, i don't smoke weed or drink but alot of my friends do and it doesn't seem to be a big deal.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

bobaban

I could, however, get herpes from sharing a smoke with a total stranger.

And never mind the fact that the dude's not gonna hold it up to my freaking lips. He's gonna HAND IT TO ME, which MAKES ME IN POSSESSION. :|

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="bobaban"]

Deity_Slapper

Plus the cops are just there to make sure nothing gets out of hand. They know people smoke weed at concerts. They can't arrest everybody. It would cause riots.

"they can't arrest everybody"?

Are you implying that they DON'T arrest ANYBODY?

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 bobaban
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="Atheos-Arkhaios"]

Atheos-Arkhaios

Um...congratulations? *claps* What does that have to do with what we were talking about. Anecdotal evidence holds no weight. I'm simply saying that marijuana is a drug that affects your congnitive abilities, which can be dangerous. Same with alcohol.

Actually there have been studies done where people who studied while high and wrote the exam high were able to score higher marks than the control.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Psychosisrain
[QUOTE="Atheos-Arkhaios"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="Atheos-Arkhaios"]

bobaban

Actually there have been studies done where people who studied while high and wrote the exam high were able to score higher marks than the control.

bobaban

LOL yeah right, when I was high I couldnt even remember how I use to download my songs lolo it was so funny.

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
Drinking isnt that bad, marajuana is a problem though.
Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Psychosisrain

Drinking isnt that bad, marajuana is a problem though.Whicker89

other way around son.

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 _7h0m_
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts

SmashBrosLegend

true, but either way, just move to eastern canada, chances are you're gonna smoke a joint with your boss while discussing the week. laws need to change in the us... really, who the hell would want for someone to get a permanent record and time in jail, for pot? it's a smooth drug. it's great ;).

Atheos-Arkhaios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Atheos-Arkhaios

bobaban

Do you have any peer-reviewed journal articles to back this up? I hate to just say you're wrong without looking at your evidence but... that is pretty ridiculous. Either a fake study or a poorly controlled study with a poor sample size.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 bobaban
[QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

MrGeezer

And never mind the fact that the dude's not gonna hold it up to my freaking lips. He's gonna HAND IT TO ME, which MAKES ME IN POSSESSION. :|

Are you serious? So for those 7-10sec your holding the spliff you think you'll get busted by the po? If you live your life like that in constant fear and worry I feel sorry for you.

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SmashBrosLegend
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="bobaban"]

MrGeezer

You're my hero, Geezer. You're nearly as disgruntled as I am.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 bobaban
[QUOTE="_7h0m_"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Psychosisrain

true, but either way, just move to eastern canada, chances are you're gonna smoke a joint with your boss while discussing the week. laws need to change in the us... really, who the hell would want for someone to get a permanent record and time in jail, for pot? it's a smooth drug. it's great ;).

It's legal in canada? damn I didn't know that ! It would be AWESOME doing here in front of a cops face.

No no no - not legal here. Just more readily accepted.

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 _7h0m_
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

bobaban

Are you serious? So for those 7-10sec your holding the spliff you think you'll get busted by the po? If you live your life like that in constant fear and worry I feel sorry for you.

fear is the mind-killer.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Deity_Slapper

MrGeezer

They only arrest idiots who cause rifts with others. I've yet to see a peaceful puffer be taken away in a paddywagon.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Psychosisrain
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

bobaban

He just didn't wanna do it at that specific time and place guys, not a big deal.

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 _7h0m_
[QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="_7h0m_"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

bobaban

It's legal in canada? damn I didn't know that ! It would be AWESOME doing here in front of a cops face.

decriminalized, you only get a ticket! :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58503 Posts

Weed is not bad.

Is it a huge rager, or a get together with like 10 friends?

Your first time smoking weed really should be with friends imo. People sometimes "freak out" and it helps if friends are there to chill them out.

But no, weed wont do anything to your friend except make her feel good at minimal health risks. Frankly, she would be better off smoking and not drinking than drinking and not smoking.

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
She is going out with a few friends (All girls and her boy cousin) and is planning on doing these things for the first time. (She's only 16 btw)

First off, how bad is weed? I know that if i asked her not to, she probably wouldn't, but i dont want to be a party pooper i guess and make her the only one not having fun. But i also dont want anything bad to happen to her because she's sorta looking forward to doing this this summer.
But how messed up is it, really? Theres no chance of her swallowing a knife, is there? O_O

So, do you think i should just let her go?
It seems to be a pretty controlled environment, and i don't think there's gonna be any other guys there.
Do you guys think im just being paranoid?RabidChocobo1

Well, this is funny, my g/f is also 16, and wouldn't you know it, she was invited for a "smoke party". She asked me what I thought about it, and I told her that no, I did NOT want her smoking pot, and if she did, that I would be very upset with her.
So to answer your questions:
First off, how bad is weed? Compared to crack? Probably harmless, but there's a reason that there are so many studies saying that weed is bad.
So, do you think i should just let her go? No, you should JUST let her go. You tell her how you feel about it, you inform her about the possible risks, and remind her that in the end it's her choice, and that she needs to make the right one.
Do you guys think im just being paranoid? No, you're not. It's perfectly normal to worry about these things.

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 _7h0m_
[QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

Psychosisrain

He just didn't wanna do it at that specific time and place guys, not a big deal.

true, but I'd hate to fear getting 'cut' every time i inhaled...

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Deity_Slapper

Um...congratulations? *claps* What does that have to do with what we were talking about. Anecdotal evidence holds no weight. I'm simply saying that marijuana is a drug that affects your congnitive abilities, which can be dangerous. Same with alcohol.Atheos-Arkhaios

I brought up my 14 years of experience with cannabis to prove a point, not to look cool. I don't give a crap what you guys think of me.

14 years does hold a lot of weight, as true knowledge comes from experience. EXAMPLE: If you're having brain surgery, would you want a doctor who's done it many times before successfully? Or just some guy off the street who thinks he oculd figure it out if he tried? Who's words concerning cannabis would hold more weight? The guy who's used it for 14 years, or some dude who's just repeating what he learned from some anti-drug propoganda?

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 _7h0m_

[QUOTE="Atheos-Arkhaios"]Um...congratulations? *claps* What does that have to do with what we were talking about. Anecdotal evidence holds no weight. I'm simply saying that marijuana is a drug that affects your congnitive abilities, which can be dangerous. Same with alcohol.Deity_Slapper

I brought up my 14 years of experience with cannabis to prove a point, not to look cool. I don't give a crap what you guys think of me.

14 years does hold a lot of weight, as true knowledge comes from experience. EXAMPLE: If you're having brain surgery, would you want a doctor who's done it many times before successfully? Or just some guy off the street who thinks he oculd figure it out if he tried? Who's words concerning cannabis would hold more weight? The guy who's used it for 14 years, or some dude who's just repeating what he learned from some anti-drug propoganda?

well put..

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Deity_Slapper

First off, how bad is weed? Compared to crack? Probably harmless, but there's a reason that there are so many studies saying that weed is bad.
remmbermytitans

The reason is because the government can't make money from it, so they fund false studies to try and make weed look evil so that people will lose interest in trying it. If people try it and see that it works for their pain better than over-the-counter drugs, then pharmacuetical companies will lose money, and the government ain't having that, since they are one and the same basically.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Psychosisrain
[QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="_7h0m_"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

_7h0m_

decriminalized, you only get a ticket! :)

dude, THAT'S how it should be here!!!!!!!!!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="Atheos-Arkhaios"]Um...congratulations? *claps* What does that have to do with what we were talking about. Anecdotal evidence holds no weight. I'm simply saying that marijuana is a drug that affects your congnitive abilities, which can be dangerous. Same with alcohol.Deity_Slapper

QFT

These naive/ignorant anti-weed folk would be suprised just how many people realy did/do smoke pot.

RabidChocobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97 RabidChocobo1
Member since 2008 • 746 Posts
Yeah, its going to be her cousin and two close friends, who are all girls, and her boy cousin, and if anything, her friend and her guy cousin will do somethin cuz her friend is always flirting with him, heh..i should probably be worried about her too T_T
_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 _7h0m_

[QUOTE="remmbermytitans"]First off, how bad is weed? Compared to crack? Probably harmless, but there's a reason that there are so many studies saying that weed is bad.
Deity_Slapper

The reason is because the government can't make money from it, so they fund false studies to try and make weed look evil so that people will lose interest in trying it. If people try it and see that it works for their pain better than over-the-counter drugs, then pharmacuetical companies will lose money, and the government ain't having that, since they are one and the same basically.

certain drugs, (weed included) like 'magic mushrooms', would change the perspective of the nation, making it less like an extreme bee hive... maximum conscientiousness is everything the ones in control don't want. - I suppose hippies in china would make for a positive result, in terms of humanity, but not economics.

ah these damn elites on their islands... do they like their power or what?

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts

[QUOTE="remmbermytitans"]First off, how bad is weed? Compared to crack? Probably harmless, but there's a reason that there are so many studies saying that weed is bad.
Deity_Slapper

So, you're saying that it's a conspiracy. All world governments that "can't get money from weed" are funding false studies? Come on man, grow up.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mrbojangles25

Deity_Slapper

Exactly

How many stories, I mean real, local-Newspaper documented stories, do you hear about people dying from weed?

None.

OK...now how many stories do you hear about the FDA recalling medicines? Every damn day I tell you what. My roommate died because his body broke down his medication the wrong way; the ironic thing is that weed could have helped treat him.