My friend is planning on drinking and smoking weed : /

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RabidChocobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 RabidChocobo1
Member since 2008 • 746 Posts
She is going out with a few friends (All girls and her boy cousin) and is planning on doing these things for the first time. (She's only 16 btw)

First off, how bad is weed? I know that if i asked her not to, she probably wouldn't, but i dont want to be a party pooper i guess and make her the only one not having fun. But i also dont want anything bad to happen to her because she's sorta looking forward to doing this this summer.
But how messed up is it, really? Theres no chance of her swallowing a knife, is there? O_O

So, do you think i should just let her go?
It seems to be a pretty controlled environment, and i don't think there's gonna be any other guys there.
Do you guys think im just being paranoid?
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
16 man i was only 14. oh and weed as not that bad i man it cant kill you or anything that is unless you like do something really stupid like jump off a roof as for drinking i cant tell you much because i dont really drink actually smoking weed is safer then drinking.
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts

She is going out with a few friends (All girls and her boy cousin) and is planning on doing these things for the first time. (She's only 16 btw)

First off, how bad is weed? I know that if i asked her not to, she probably wouldn't, but i dont want to be a party pooper i guess and make her the only one not having fun. But i also dont want anything bad to happen to her because she's sorta looking forward to doing this this summer.
But how messed up is it, really? Theres no chance of her swallowing a knife, is there? O_O

It seems to be a pretty controlled environment, and i don't think there's gonna be any other guys there.
Do you guys think im just being paranoid?RabidChocobo1

Alcohol ain't that great, but the weed is no big deal. She might not even like it. Don't worry so much. People are curious when they are teenagers.

gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gobo212
Member since 2003 • 6277 Posts
LOL swallowing a knife? I didn't think those DARE programs actually worked so well. You are waaaay overreacting.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts
It's all good.
joeytentz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joeytentz
Member since 2008 • 754 Posts
That is his choice, tell him how you feel.
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
Teenagers tend to do these things.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Weed isn't that bad. At least compared to meth, heroin, cocaine, alcohol.
methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 methree15
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts

Do you guys think im just being paranoid?RabidChocobo1

Weed is not bad. At all. Its not going to hurt her. Drinking too much is waayy more dangerous. You can die from drinking too much alcohol.

A little weed will not mess you up that bad.

Yes you are being paranoid and just chill. Welcome to every night at college for lots of people....

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts
I prefer getting drunk over getting high,but thats just me.
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
I don't do marijuana but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. You should be more concerned about the alcohol.
gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gobo212

I prefer getting drunk over getting high,but thats just me.teh_destroyer

I prefer doing both at the same time.

Avatar image for Atheos-Arkhaios
Atheos-Arkhaios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Atheos-Arkhaios
Member since 2008 • 880 Posts

If you aren't comfortable with it, just tell her. Stop looking for reassurance from online personalities and be honest with her=) Marijuana is a drug that can be dangerous, alcohol is a drug that can be dangerous, so let your intelligence be your guide.

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

One guy in the whole group + alcohol? Just pray no one ends up getting pregnant. But seriously, just let her go out and experiment, lots of teens get curious about these things.

Avatar image for Atheos-Arkhaios
Atheos-Arkhaios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Atheos-Arkhaios
Member since 2008 • 880 Posts
If I didn't make myself clear before, I would personally advise her to avoid both and just have fun.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts

[QUOTE="teh_destroyer"]I prefer getting drunk over getting high,but thats just me.gobo212

I prefer doing both at the same time.

doing both at the same time makes me feel rather sick.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Weeds been around and in use for 1000's of years so it's really not that bad. Even the alcohol can be safe as long as she doesn't drink too much and knows when to stop. I'd join her if I were you. I started at 14.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I definitely wouldn't tell her to do both at the same time, having no prior knowledge of how she reacts to either substance. But, chances are, everything will be fine. Smoking a joint isn't going to spin your life into an uncontrollable downward path (not that I'm saying kids should be doing it).
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#21 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Weed can't kill you and who doesn't drink
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
So is this a private party or can anyone join them?
gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gobo212

I definitely wouldn't tell her to do both at the same time, having no prior knowledge of how she reacts to either substance. SmashBrosLegend

This is good advice.

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
The alcohol is more of a problem than the weed. She's a teenager, just let her have fun.
methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 methree15
[QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="RabidChocobo1"]She is going out with a few friends (All girls and her boy cousin) and is planning on doing these things for the first time. (She's only 16 btw)

Do you guys think im just being paranoid?Psychosisrain

Alcohol ain't that great, but the weed is no big deal. She might not even like it. Don't worry so much. People are curious when they are teenagers.

* I experimented with weed because I kept hearing it was not bad for you like alcohol and other drugs but I tried it I had a anxiety/panic attack, I was living in hell for like a few months , I know people are going to say " you can't get that with weed and it's really rare" well it does happen so I would recommend for her not to do it I learned my lesson the hard way, as with alcohol some people say that is worse then weed so ya they are both really bad for you, but hey it's her choice you can only do so much, good luck!

You can get a panic attack, paranoia is a side effect of overdoing it before your ready. Doing it with people you trust and in a good situation is key, like with all pyschoactive drugs. I've been talked out of a panic attack while really stone and even talked myself out of panic attacks while real stoned just by myself. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

I don't know how you where living in hell for months thought if it was just one time.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

LOL swallowing a knife? I didn't think those DARE programs actually worked so well. You are waaaay overreacting.gobo212
hahaha

drinking AND smoking weed at the same your first time is pretty bad

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bobaban
[QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

[QUOTE="RabidChocobo1"]She is going out with a few friends (All girls and her boy cousin) and is planning on doing these things for the first time. (She's only 16 btw)

Do you guys think im just being paranoid?methree15

* I experimented with weed because I kept hearing it was not bad for you like alcohol and other drugs but I tried it I had a anxiety/panic attack, I was living in hell for like a few months , I know people are going to say " you can't get that with weed and it's really rare" well it does happen so I would recommend for her not to do it I learned my lesson the hard way, as with alcohol some people say that is worse then weed so ya they are both really bad for you, but hey it's her choice you can only do so much, good luck!

You can get a panic attack, paranoia is a side effect of overdoing it before your ready. Doing it with people you trust and in a good situation is key, like with all pyschoactive drugs. I've been talked out of a panic attack while really stone and even talked myself out of panic attacks while real stoned just by myself. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

I don't know how you where living in hell for months thought if it was just one time.

It really depends on the person. Hell I went blind off weed - yes blind. We had smoked so much and I went effing blind - but I just calmly got in the car and it went away in a few minutes. The key is not to panic.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 methree15

Because I felt like my anxiety got elevated and paranoia. and btw I was never anxious or paranoid but after some research I realized that I did too much of it, so all In moderation I guess! I had some pretty good times with it as well! heheheh

Yeah same. Me looking forward to some good times in the future too... heh.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 methree15
[QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Do you guys think im just being paranoid?bobaban

It really depends on the person. Hell I went blind off weed - yes blind. We had smoked so much and I went effing blind - but I just calmly got in the car and it went away in a few minutes. The key is not to panic.

One time I ate some. Yes ate some. I thought it wasn't working until like two hours later I felt myself getting really high. Less of a mental high and more of a phyiscal high. For 5 minutes it was tough but I just laid in my bed and let it all pass. Then it was an interesting night.....

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Drinking weed? Must be some good stuff.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
Its good but only ocassionally.
methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 methree15

Drinking weed? Must be some good stuff.Guiltfeeder566

Pot choclate milk? (yes you can make it)

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Deity_Slapper

Marijuana is a drug that can be dangerous

Atheos-Arkhaios

The only thing dangerous about cannabis is the fact that you might get caught with it by the po-pos.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Psychosisrain
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
[QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

One time I ate some. Yes ate some. I thought it wasn't working until like two hours later I felt myself getting really high. Less of a mental high and more of a phyiscal high. For 5 minutes it was tough but I just laid in my bed and let it all pass. Then it was an interesting night.....

lol um, yeah they are called magic brownies, they hit your harder since you don't really know how much weed is in each browniee and since it gets ingested rather then smoked. takes longer to feel the high though like you mentioned, but they also last longer.

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts

Weed isn't bad, just make sure she doesn't drive or anything. Since it is still under the influence.

Drinking is worse than weed IMO.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 methree15
[QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Do you guys think im just being paranoid?Psychosisrain

lol um, yeah they are called magic brownies, they hit your harder since you don't really know how much weed is in each browniee and since it gets ingested rather then smoked. takes longer to feel the high though like you mentioned, but they also last longer.

No, you don't understand. I ate the buds. THE BUDS. AS IN THE IN BUDDHA ITSELF, NO BROWINE MIX/COOKIE MIX.

Good times.

gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gobo212
[QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

No, you don't understand. I ate the buds. THE BUDS. AS IN THE IN BUDDHA ITSELF, NO BROWINE MIX/COOKIE MIX.

Good times.

What a waste.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 methree15
[QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Do you guys think im just being paranoid?gobo212

Good times.

What a waste.

No, it worked. It actually worked. Not as well, but it was just an experiment. Plus I had some extra too.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#45 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
swallowing knives? thats a new one.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Mostly, with weed, it depends on the person. If she's levelheaded, she'll either not like it, and not do it anymore; or she'll like it and do it, but manage it. I'm not saying weed guarantees your grades and all that to go down, but it can have that effect if the person allows it to.

Like I said, it's illegal, I'd just avoid it all together. Still, lots of people have it, so it's not like legality is THAT big of a problem.

dreDREb13

On the other hand, if you're gonna get caught with weed, it's better to get caught when you're a minor. At least then you won't end up with like a criminal record following you around for the rest of your life.

It's like, a couple of years ago I was at a concert and the guys sitting next to me were smoking weed. And they offered me some. But I thought, "man, if I was 16 again, that'd be awesome. But I'm too damn old to get arrested for smoking weed at a concert."

So unfortunately I had to decline their offer. That's the nice thing about partying when you're still a kid. If you get caught, people are more likely to go easy on you.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bobaban
[QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Do you guys think im just being paranoid?gobo212

Good times.

What a waste.

Yeah that doesn't work, you need heat to activate the chemicals. Hence why you fry the weed in butter to make brownies.

Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Deity_Slapper

It's like, a couple of years ago I was at a concert and the guys sitting next to me were smoking weed. And they offered me some. But I thought, "man, if I was 16 again, that'd be awesome. But I'm too damn old to get arrested for smoking weed at a concert."

So unfortunately I had to decline their offer. That's the nice thing about partying when you're still a kid. If you get caught, people are more likely to go easy on you.

MrGeezer

You let the police make a decision for you. :lol:

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 methree15
[QUOTE="gobo212"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="bobaban"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Psychosisrain"][QUOTE="Deity_Slapper"]

Do you guys think im just being paranoid?bobaban

Good times.

What a waste.

Yeah that doesn't work, you need heat to activate the chemicals. Hence why you fry the weed in butter to make brownies.

Heat in your stomach. It's enough. Again it doesn't work as well but it works. I also ate some really skunky stuff so....

I know what high is and I was, not stoned but it worked some. It was more physical then mental.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

weed wont be too bad, drinking can damage your liver and drunk chicks are prime targets for teh raep.

why do people think weed is so bad?