My drawings and artwork. Rate me!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -

OK I like drawing and enjoy doing it in my spare time. I can do painting, clay modelling but I really enjoy sketching in biro! I have posted some of my pcitures on my blog.

Just wondering what you guys think and whether I'm good enough to maybe take it further and possibly where that further may be?

Seriously, any feedback and advice from you guys will be very appreciated. Thanks.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/DAZZER7/images

#2 Posted by Witchking111111 (7094 posts) -
Better than anything I could ever draw.
#3 Posted by Nasty_butler_9 (1540 posts) -
Your very good, exceptional at shading techniques, your ideas could be a bit more unique, trying somethings more futuristic, and something that doesn't look like it's from LOTR?
#4 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -
Yeah, I do tend to concentrate on that sort of stuff. I'll see what I can do. But thanks guys.
#5 Posted by smokeydabear076 (22105 posts) -

Great job, I like most of your drawings.

#6 Posted by blooddemon666 (22587 posts) -

I like your environments better than your characters. something is awkward about them.

I say, stick with backgrounds/architecture and then do concept art for game developers :D

#7 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148535 posts) -
Very good. I liked your building the best. You use shading well.
#8 Posted by freek666 (22312 posts) -
My favourite was More Art, the one with the town on the water. Well done with the reflection in the water. Heaps better than I could ever do. I'll stick to designing guitars.
#9 Posted by Schwah (9589 posts) -

Very nice! I'm no artist, but from this viewer's perspective I'd say that your attention to detail is especially well done, such as the reflections and brickwork in More Art, the creepy boils on the demon in Artwork 4, the eye wrinkles in ArtWork 3, and the hair in just about all of your characters.

My favorite is probably Artwork 6 and MoreArt. There's just something about the guy in 6 that makes me smile. He has a lot of character. And the town is just pretty :)

If I were to offer any constructive criticism I could only name two things. 1) With a few notable exceptions many of your characters have that "There's something off with this image" impression for me. Not being able to draw much more than a stick figure myself I imagine it's pretty damn challenging to draw a human (or humanoid) figure with proper proportions and dimensions. I have no advice to offer but I hope it helps just to point it out. And 2) Many of your images seem to be skewed to the right, with the two most notable examples being the tower and the town.

Congrats though. You're one of the best artists I've seen share their work in OT. Keep up the great work!

#10 Posted by shoeman12 (8744 posts) -
thats great. i should post the pics i doodle when i get bored in class sometime, anything looks better than them lol.
#11 Posted by Efielret (1617 posts) -
You're drawings are good, the characters look weird but in a good way. The tower and other land views were the best. 10/10 =D
#12 Posted by MiniGuns (7295 posts) -
Pretty good. 7/10
#13 Posted by Godly_Cure (4292 posts) -
Nice.
#14 Posted by cell1138 (1758 posts) -

WTH? i posted a comment... and instead of giving me todays date... it gave me this...

#15 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -

Very nice! I'm no artist, but from this viewer's perspective I'd say that your attention to detail is especially well done, such as the reflections and brickwork in More Art, the creepy boils on the demon in Artwork 4, the eye wrinkles in ArtWork 3, and the hair in just about all of your characters.

My favorite is probably Artwork 6 and MoreArt. There's just something about the guy in 6 that makes me smile. He has a lot of character. And the town is just pretty :)

If I were to offer any constructive criticism I could only name two things. 1) With a few notable exceptions many of your characters have that "There's something off with this image" impression for me. Not being able to draw much more than a stick figure myself I imagine it's pretty damn challenging to draw a human (or humanoid) figure with proper proportions and dimensions. I have no advice to offer but I hope it helps just to point it out. And 2) Many of your images seem to be skewed to the right, with the two most notable examples being the tower and the town.

Congrats though. You're one of the best artists I've seen share their work in OT. Keep up the great work!

Schwah

Getting proportions right is what I have trouble with the most. What I dont do and which a lot of artists do is use model or photograph to get their proportions right. In all of these pics, I have just put pen/pencil to paper and started drawing. I don't really plan very well and I could take more time.

It's definitely an area in which I could improve and all of your comments are very valuable so thanks guys.

#16 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9144 posts) -

Draw a flaming wizard with a massive amount of swirling water circling him, and hail raining from the sky as he shoots lightning into the air and he glows.

#17 Posted by smokeydabear076 (22105 posts) -

Draw a flaming wizard with a massive amount of swirling water circling him, and hail raining from the sky as he shoots lightning into the air and he glows.

-TheSecondSign-
And with that draw a crazy Flying Monkey sea cucumber wielding sidekick that is ascending from the depths of hell!
#18 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -
[QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"]

smokeydabear076

And with that draw a crazy Flying Monkey sea cucumber wielding sidekick that is ascending from the depths of hell!

lol I'll see what I can do.

#19 Posted by smokeydabear076 (22105 posts) -
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"]

DAZZER7

lol I'll see what I can do.

It would be interesting and very impressive if you could pull that off.:)
#20 Posted by FlaminDeath (4181 posts) -
The shading is great man gj.
#21 Posted by Bass7 (6614 posts) -
It's not my styIe of drawing :P, it looks too like lord of the rings-y, but the shading is amazing :).
#22 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -

Thats cool, I'm going to try some landscapes, more sci-fi and to better present the proportions in my pictures which judging from the feedback is my biggest weakness.

I think I need to take time to better compose my pictures.

#23 Posted by gobo212 (6277 posts) -

Very good. I liked your building the best. You use shading well.LJS9502_basic

Took the words out of my mouth... Or the letters out of my fingers... Or something.

#24 Posted by Spazoid (446 posts) -
I came here prepared to flame someone, but for a change the person asking for critique is actually good.
I like it!
Easily a 9/10
#25 Posted by 123625 (9035 posts) -

Dude you're work is awsome.

Perfect 10!

#26 Posted by _Margulis_ (15067 posts) -
They're drawn ok, shaded great, and they're extremelly boring, generic, and lame looking. 6/10.
#27 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -

They're drawn ok, shaded great, and they're extremelly boring, generic, and lame looking. 6/10._Margulis_

Boring and generic, yeah I'm getting that vibe, but lame?

#28 Posted by KamuiShiro (183 posts) -

OK I like drawing and enjoy doing it in my spare time. I can do painting, clay modelling but I really enjoy sketching in biro! I have posted some of my pcitures on my blog.

Just wondering what you guys think and whether I'm good enough to maybe take it further and possibly where that further may be?

Seriously, any feedback and advice from you guys will be very appreciated. Thanks.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/DAZZER7/images

DAZZER7

Great job! I think you have great concept drawings...you draw really good. And I think you should give it a try and take things further. You have more potential to grow your drawing skills....man I love that building art next to the dragon.

Goodluck-hope you take this special talent of yours and make something of it. Don't waste it! Not a lot of people can do this. And heck--if you enjoy it....and its a passion, I think you've answered your own question!
#29 Posted by Devouring_One (32311 posts) -
I like them. They're pretty good.
#30 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -
Does anyone know where I could download something like adobe photoshop but is open-source free? Like open office but with similar functions to photoshop?
#31 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -

I dont normally bump my own threads but I've just added a new pic. It's a demon. Cheers.

#32 Posted by iam2green (13991 posts) -
i like the shading on it. how was that drawn marker?
#33 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -

i like the shading on it. how was that drawn marker? iam2green

Bic biro (ball point pen), pencil and water colour paints.

#34 Posted by Hickamie14 (1652 posts) -
Little Harbor was very good.
#35 Posted by punk_shorty27 (116 posts) -

you're pretty good! i couldnt draw people to save my life.

#36 Posted by Darth_Tyrev (7072 posts) -
Cool/8.4
#37 Posted by Meh___Guy (2568 posts) -
Your drawings are cool... You have style, can someone post the lord of the rings style? Because I think his is different.
#38 Posted by KittenNipples (3007 posts) -
You should be a concept artist...
#39 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -
Cheers for all your feedback so far guys. I'll post some more shortly.
#40 Posted by blooddemon666 (22587 posts) -
for your question, the gimp is a freeware version of ps with most of the features
#41 Posted by _Margulis_ (15067 posts) -

[QUOTE="_Margulis_"]They're drawn ok, shaded great, and they're extremelly boring, generic, and lame looking. 6/10.DAZZER7

They're lame because they're boring and generic.

#42 Posted by gobo212 (6277 posts) -
[QUOTE="DAZZER7"]

[QUOTE="_Margulis_"]They're drawn ok, shaded great, and they're extremelly boring, generic, and lame looking. 6/10._Margulis_

They're lame because they're boring and generic.

They might not be the most original but they are well done.

#43 Posted by DAZZER7 (2419 posts) -

My 2 latest pics for everyone's perusal.

#44 Posted by N8A (18602 posts) -
Little harbor, lonely tower and the unfinished dragon all look great. Looks like you have some skill and I would encourage you to continue your craft.
#45 Posted by NSR34GTR (13179 posts) -
those are awesome
#46 Edited by saragomsa (14 posts) -

artwork is very well done, it seems you have been doing this from a long period of time. See my artwork too, I work somewhere and for my office I make it

#47 Posted by Iszdope (8878 posts) -

Necro/10.

#48 Posted by k--m--k (950 posts) -

I cant see the artwork, it doesnt show up

#49 Posted by VaguelyTagged (9837 posts) -

@k--m--k said:

I cant see the artwork, it doesnt show up

same.

#50 Edited by CountBleck12 (22481 posts) -

That's probably because well I don't know, this thread is 5 years old. And it always has to be the new people that do this.