My 22 year old brother may die a horrible death:(

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Raged_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Raged_Soulja
Member since 2008 • 616 Posts

Not allowing people out of a soon to be disaster area is the most bull**** thing I have ever heard. They should be blocking any traffic in and still allow people out. It's mindblowing to think that they can just say, "well if you can't make it out by this time then we're going to have let you die". Big_player

Yeah it sucks, but our mayor told us this a million times.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
sounds like a zombie movie.....
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts

So they are locking people in, despite the fact it will inevitably be a disaster zone? :?

Well keep us updated dude.

Raged_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Raged_Soulja

sounds like a zombie movie.....ReaperV7

how lol

Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
What was his reason for staying, Xbox 360?
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]sounds like a zombie movie.....Raged_Soulja

how lol

idk its like they are quarantining the area....locking the people that are left behind to die. No one enters...and no one leaves :shock:

Raged_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Raged_Soulja

What was his reason for staying, Xbox 360?Montaya

He has a long.. long.. history of being defiant just for the hell of it!

Raged_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Raged_Soulja
[QUOTE="Raged_Soulja"]

[QUOTE="ReaperV7"]sounds like a zombie movie.....ReaperV7

how lol

idk its like they are quarantining the area....locking the people that are left behind to die. No one enters...and no one leaves :shock:

:lol: They did this in RE:Apocalyspe and in I Am Legend, this sure does seem like a horror movie

Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_player"]Not allowing people out of a soon to be disaster area is the most bull**** thing I have ever heard. They should be blocking any traffic in and still allow people out. It's mindblowing to think that they can just say, "well if you can't make it out by this time then we're going to have let you die". Raged_Soulja

I just don't see any logical reason to have a set time where somebody can get to safety. I mean does anyone at least know if they have some sort of rationale behind this?
GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GrindingAxe
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts
I don't think they're locking people in, but rather keeping people from coming into the city. I'm guessing that your father isn't with you, because even though he's 22, a father can usually knock some sense into a young man and get him to listen and think straight. If I were to act as stubborn as your brother, my father would beat my ass before letting me stay to endure a CAT5 hurricane. I feel bad for you and your mother. Pray to the magic man in the sky.
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts

I have a question.Why is the national guard blocking the city limits?Lto_thaG

Probably to stop potential looters.

GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GrindingAxe
The states website states that 'its now time to evacuate', so it seems like he still has some time.
Raged_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Raged_Soulja
[QUOTE="Raged_Soulja"]

[QUOTE="Big_player"]Not allowing people out of a soon to be disaster area is the most bull**** thing I have ever heard. They should be blocking any traffic in and still allow people out. It's mindblowing to think that they can just say, "well if you can't make it out by this time then we're going to have let you die". Big_player

I just don't see any logical reason to have a set time where somebody can get to safety. I mean does anyone at least know if they have some sort of rationale behind this?

We don't know? It could be a conspiracy lol. The government and the city are "working" together. You never knowwith the federal government, you never know...

SSJ5_Goku-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SSJ5_Goku-San
Member since 2007 • 438 Posts

[QUOTE="Xeros606"]its hard to feel sorry for your brother for being stupid, but i hope he survives and stays unharmed for your familys sake.SaintBlaze

That's exactly what I was going to day.

Same here.

I mean seriously dude who the hell would underestimate hurricane gustav after what happened last time in New Orleans?But I hope that you're brother's safe though.

Raged_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Raged_Soulja

I don't think they're locking people in, but rather keeping people from coming into the city. I'm guessing that your father isn't with you, because even though he's 22, a father can usually knock some sense into a young man and get him to listen and think straight. If I were to act as stubborn as your brother, my father would beat my ass before letting me stay to endure a CAT5 hurricane. I feel bad for you and your mother. Pray to the magic man in the sky.GrindingAxe

Nope they divorced a while ago, my dad tried to talk to him over the phone but my brother would not listen. Besides my dad couldn't do anything to him he lives al the way in Cali...

Raged_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Raged_Soulja

The states website states that 'its now time to evacuate', so it seems like he still has some time.GrindingAxe

That's all the way fromthe 27th and 29th, It's now Sunday August 31st it's too late

GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GrindingAxe

No, its not too late.

It says Sunday.

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts

how are they blocking him from getting out?

I understand them having road blocks to stop people getting in, but to stop people from getting out is crazy.

Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
[QUOTE="Big_player"][QUOTE="Raged_Soulja"]

[QUOTE="Big_player"]Not allowing people out of a soon to be disaster area is the most bull**** thing I have ever heard. They should be blocking any traffic in and still allow people out. It's mindblowing to think that they can just say, "well if you can't make it out by this time then we're going to have let you die". Raged_Soulja

We don't know? It could be a conspiracy lol. The government and the city are "working" together. You never knowwith the federal government, you never know...

Ya he said he was going to block " the entrances ", not the exits. No one in their right mind would block roads leading outside the danger zone, if they did they would be held liable. National Guard units wouldn't even deny someone their right to leave, its just unconstitutional and morally not the right thing to do. TC must have misheard.

Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts
The National Guard blocking the entrances? Will they stay there?NephilimRising
Yes, they need to be there to supply food and relief once it hits.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
That's not very rational of him.
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72 -Katsuri-
Member since 2008 • 61883 Posts
Putting his stupidty aside, I hope he sruvives for you and your family's sake.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts

What the hell is wrong with your brother for him to stay in the path of a hurricane? :| I hope he gets through it but seriously, WHAT THE HELL was he thinking? :? :| Is there time enough for him to get out of it's path? :(

GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GrindingAxe

[QUOTE="NephilimRising"]The National Guard blocking the entrances? Will they stay there?UrbanSpartan125
Yes, they need to be there to supply food and relief once it hits.

The mayor said that help will not be available if you stay. You are on your own when the storm hits.

Cyber-Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Cyber-Shadow
Member since 2008 • 580 Posts
Tell him that the water from the hurricane is really cold! That'll get his ass right out of there!
wind-OF-s0rrOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 wind-OF-s0rrOw
Member since 2008 • 9166 Posts
http://www.kfdm.com/news/effect_27597___article.html/evacuation_mandatory.html Tell him the info here. This will save his life.
N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
sounds l ike this guy isnt making the smartest choices.
joshi1s3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 joshi1s3
Member since 2006 • 2550 Posts

All i can do is hope your brother comes out of this alright.

Good Luck to him, but to be realistic, it's looking bleak for him. what part is he in?

musicaz70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 musicaz70
Member since 2007 • 1949 Posts

I can't help but chuckle because this kid is old enough to clearly remember Katrina. Still hope he's okay though.

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb. Honestly why would he stay, hasn't he seen the news or been outside of his basement for the past week, and heard about what happened in Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and all the areas around there.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

My mayor (Nagin) said that Gustav is stronger than Katrina and my whole family evecated to Atlanta except for him! I'm sixteen and I'm kinda of worried about. Last night my mom told him to get his ass in the ******* car right now! He would not listen:( I tries to talk to but he said why don't yall just leave me alone? He says if God wants to take me away I'm fine with that, but I'm staying here:? I'm safe sitting here typing in a bed in Atlanta,GA but he's still at home only days away til destruction:cry:

I love my big brother we've done so much together since we were llittle do you think he has chance to survive when the storm comes? BTW The National Guard is bloacking all entrances to and from out the city already, so he's stuck:cry:

Personal Note: God please spare him...

Raged_Soulja

Oh come on, he'll be fine. Even if Gustav kills 1000 people, your brother probably won't be one of them.

StaindShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 StaindShadow
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts
A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle."

Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant him a miracle."

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter."

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

if you have a cell phone a suggest you call him right now and say anything and everything to get him to change his mind fake crying if you have to

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle."

Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant him a miracle."

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter."

StaindShadow

:lol: Kind of bad taste to be posting it here but it was very funny...

Wolf-avatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 Wolf-avatar
Member since 2007 • 7783 Posts
[QUOTE="StaindShadow"]A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle."

super_mario_128

:lol: Kind of bad taste to be posting it here but it was very funny...

I heard that on Pursuit of Happiness,Great joke.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#86 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Hmm, that's not a smart decision, however it's his choice, so there's not much to do but hope.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#87 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth_Tyrev"]I'm really sorry if he gets hurt, but honestly he deserves a Darwin Award.Raged_Soulja

Waht's that?

The awards that go to the stupidest fatalities, a bit harsh in my view.

Just get him the hell out of there, its cat 5, no mercy its survival of who can gtfo quickest.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
sorry to hear that, not the sharpest tool in the shed but I hope he makes it out ok
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#89 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

It won't be another New Orleans all over again. New Orleans was perfect for hurricane distruction. It was bowl shaped, so when a hurricane went through it just tore then entire city to bits.

Atlanta isn't like that, so don't worry. Although your bro is an idiot for being like that.

EDIT:

OHHH. I thought he was in Atlanta. Sorry, but he's screwed.

WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 WushuFighter
Member since 2007 • 1837 Posts
If I were him I wouldn't rely on god to keep him safe.
KudoS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 KudoS17
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts
I hope he'll be alright
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Serraph105
have you listened to me yet? if not its time to hit that phone.
AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts

look here ...if he has shelter he might survive. If hes outside he is a goner. I mean it depends how strong gustav gets.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
There is NO POINT in staying. Your home and belongings are not even close to the value of your life if that's what he's trying to protect from looters. And even if he was trying to do that not long after Gustav hits all civillian weapons will most likely be confiscated like what happened with Katrina. I can't imagine being so ignorant I'm sorry. I hope your brother comes out of it fine and doesn't take for grant it his life and the love of his family ever again because that's exactly what he did.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Dont worry about him. I live in Florida and have been struck by 4-5 hurricanes allready. the most serious being category 3. If hes living in a trailer home, then you need to worry.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Serraph105

your first post makes it seem like you love him a lot so call him

North-North

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 North-North
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts
Well I pray for ppl but it's his own stupid choice. He had it coming.
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

BTW The National Guard is bloacking all entrances to and from out the city already, so he's stuck:cry:

Raged_Soulja

I think you got that wrong. They're preventing people from ENTERING the danger zone, your bro should have no problem getting OUT. Anyway, I hope he will be fine. :?

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts

your first post makes it seem like you love him a lot so call him

Serraph105

Dude, he hasn't posted back in awhile. I think he called him...