Most disturbing film you have ever seen?

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Salo, definitely. I mean, making a movie about the writings of the Marquis de Sade is going to be twisted no matter what, but they took it to another level. The feces feast was just horrific.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Oh, This movie called the Grey zone. It was about the Third Reich and how the Nazi's killed millions of jews and showed it all. Horrible horrible stuff.

I-Need-Games

Finally, someone else that has seen that movie. That movie haunted me for months. I want to watch it again.

Hackers90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Hackers90
Member since 2009 • 939 Posts
The Exorcist. The fact that those sort of things have and can happen is disturbing beyond belief. Also the tone of the whole film and the realism of it all doesn't help.
S1MSTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 108

#54 S1MSTA
Member since 2008 • 1624 Posts

Nemo, i shat it when the sharks were swimming round nemo and the other one.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Out of movies that weren't made for pure shock value, Hard Candy. It's not only disturbing but will have you not just unnerved watching it but also pondering the morality of everything long after the movie is over. It also has two fantastic performances from its lead characters and is just a really good film overall if you can just stand watching it.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]Cannibal Holocaust. To be honest, I never did finish watching it.lazerface216

cannibal holocaust was laughably bad, nothing disturbing about it at all imo.

antichrist was pretty rough and so was salo. that serbian film that the TC was talking about looks ridiculously over the top. i mean, raping a new born child, really??? cmon...

Yeah, that was one of the more disturbing parts. Its not the main character doing it as he actually holds a conscience, but the ffilm does a great job of making you absolutely despise the antagonist.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jamejame

Out of movies that weren't made for pure shock value, Hard Candy. It's not only disturbing but will have you not just unnerved watching it but also pondering the morality of everything long after the movie is over. It also has two fantastic performances from its lead characters and is just a really good film overall if you can just stand watching it.

MetroidPrimePwn

Loved that movie, though I didn't find it disturbing (save for a few parts).

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

A Clockwork Orange I believe. I love it to death though..

PsychoRedFox666

this is the first one i thought of too. the protagonist gets what he deserves, but you feel bad for him at the same time. the two conflicting feelings really pull me in opposite directions.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
end of evangelion. nothing is more disturbing than that movie or the preceding 26 episodes leading to that movie.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

A Clockwork Orange.

ShootingPwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ShootingPwnage
Member since 2009 • 423 Posts

The Many Faces of Death

What the h*ll was i thinking, i doubt that there are any films more disturbing than these

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

MetroidPrimePwn
Yeah i just saw that movie last month...very unsettling.
cs45F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 cs45F
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts
The cell was a very disturbing movie Se7en was pretty bad too but had the biggest twist at the end ive ever seen in a movie.
Avatar image for chippy_woofwoof
chippy_woofwoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 chippy_woofwoof
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Threads, it was a BBC movie made years ago and the plot was all about the aftermath of a nuclear war.MushroomWig

Argggghh! I remember that! There was that and The Day After which was American and they both freaked me out - they were made in the early 80s when we were all convinced nuclear war was imminent. Threads was on a Sky channel fairly recently (within the last year I'd say) and I watched it again and still found it disturbing. Another good anti-nuke film is When the Wind Blows - it's an animated film based on the book by Raymond Briggs and is heartbreakingly sad.

I find Asian horror movies very disturbing (and hate it when all the good A-Horror fims get crappy American remakes - not that it affects me in any way as I wouldn't watch them - sat through about 10 minutes of the US Ring 2 and turned it off and vowed not to watch any more remakes) and am now afraid of many things thanks to them. Ringu made me frightened of videos and TVs, Pulse made me frightened of PCs, One Missed Call made me scared of mobile phones (but If I did have a mobile, I would SO have that ringtone), The Eye made me even more nervous than I already was of elevators etc. etc.

Some films I find disturbing simply because I have no clue what the heck is going on - Eraserhead and Jacob's Ladder totally spooked me when I first saw them - sadly I watched Eraserhead again recently and came to the conclusion that it was rubbish and not disturbing at all.

Cannibal Holocaust and Teeth would be my selections. Both are unsettling to say the least.

worthyofnote

Ha ha - Teeth made me laugh so much! But I'm female, so it would, wouldn't it? :lol:

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

I have seen a few.

1. August Underground

2. August Underground"s Mordum

3. August Underground's Penance

4. Guinea Pig: Flowers of flesh and blood

5. Guinea Pig: Devil's experiment

6. Henry: Portrait of a serial killer

7. Men Behind the sun

8. Salo

9. Happiness

Okay it's a comedy, but anything involving the Pedo dad is beyond disturbing.

10. Cannibal Holocaust

11. El topo

12. I spit on your grave

13. Videodrome

14. Irreversible

15. ReGOREgitated sacrifice

16. Gummo

17. Glitter

18. Martyrs

19. Begotten

20. A Serbian film

21. The War game

22. Threads

23. The Day after

24. Testament

25. Philosophy of a knife

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

mysterious skin

twilight

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jamejame

I have seen a few.

1. August Underground

7. Men Behind the sun

8. Salo

9. Happiness

10. Cannibal Holocaust

11. El topo

12. I spit on your grave

13. Videodrome

14. Irreversible

16. Gummo

17. Glitter

18. Martyrs

19. Begotten

20. A Serbian film

21. The War game

22. Threads

23. The Day after

24. Testament

Film-Guy

lol, a few?

What did you think of A Serbian Film by the way? Seeing as you're the only other person here whose seen it, I'm curious.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

I thought that i had seen every horror movie there is and thought i could deal with any movie. But i havent seen alot of the movies mentioned here. And after looking up their descriptions I dont think I will =s, not cool with realistic torture or rape I cant deal with that.

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

charlie and the chocolate factory

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I have seen a few.

1. August Underground

7. Men Behind the sun

8. Salo

9. Happiness

10. Cannibal Holocaust

11. El topo

12. I spit on your grave

13. Videodrome

14. Irreversible

16. Gummo

17. Glitter

18. Martyrs

19. Begotten

20. A Serbian film

21. The War game

22. Threads

23. The Day after

24. Testament

Film-Guy

Ooh lot of 'good ones' in there..

Have you seen
- Eden Lake
- a l'interieur (inside)

These are also very gruesome and disturbing

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

I can't think of many really. I thought The Pianist was disturbing, as well as The Strangers, Saving Private Ryan, ect. I really feel like I'm missing something though...

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Film-Guy

lol, a few?

What did you think of A Serbian Film by the way? Seeing as you're the only other person here whose seen it, I'm curious.

It was by far one of the most twisted films I have ever seen. Surprisingly though I thought it was pretty good. Most shock horror films suck. Heck most of the films I listed like the August Underground films, and the Guinea Pig films are awful films. A liked how A Serbian film took it's time to build up. When it got to the second half, and the revolting parts it felt like a gradual descent into hell.

[spoiler] The baby rape thing...I dont think I need to say any more. I had to shower after watching it. [/spoiler]

Sure it was twisted, but unlike crappy films like Hostel I actually found it involving.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Film-Guy

Ooh lot of 'good ones' in there..

Have you seen
- Eden Lake
- a l'interieur (inside)

These are also very gruesome and disturbing

Yeah both are quite good though I prefer Inside. You should see Deadgirl. That is quite twisted too.

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 RKO510
Member since 2005 • 2021 Posts
1.) Shindlers List (Spellcheck.... its a movie about the Holocaust) 2.) Zero Day (School Shooting) 3.) Elephant (school shooting)
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Probably Se7en or Cape Fear (the 1991 remake with De Niro).

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I think Dogtooth so far.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
It was by far one of the most twisted films I have ever seen. Surprisingly though I thought it was pretty good. Most shock horror films suck. Heck most of the films I listed like the August Underground films, and the Guinea Pig films are awful films. A liked how A Serbian film took it's time to build up. When it got to the second half, and the revolting parts it felt like a gradual descent into hell.[spoiler] The baby rape thing...I dont think I need to say any more. I had to shower after watching it. [/spoiler] Sure it was twisted, but unlike crappy films like Hostel I actually found it involving.Film-Guy
I just finished watching it and I agree, it's like the first Saw movie, people lump it with the rest as just gore and no substance, same way this will, but it's actually an interesting film, and surprisingly funny at times. [spoiler] A guy getting killed by an erection, seriously? That's like something Scary Movie would come up with. [/spoiler] Definitely want to see it with some friends just to laugh at their reactions and to be the one who knows what's coming.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I could mention it but then I'd probably get moderated. All I'll say is that it was based on a book and the director of the movie was killed shortly afterwards in a grusome manner, many speculate that it could be because of the movie.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 bobbetybob
[QUOTE="Treflis"]I could mention it but then I'd probably get moderated. All I'll say is that it was based on a book and the director of the movie was killed shortly afterwards in a grusome manner, many speculate that it could be because of the movie.

Are you talking about Salo? It's already been mentioned loads you're not going to get moderated for naming something unless it's a shock video/site, then you might.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jamejame

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]It was by far one of the most twisted films I have ever seen. Surprisingly though I thought it was pretty good. Most shock horror films suck. Heck most of the films I listed like the August Underground films, and the Guinea Pig films are awful films. A liked how A Serbian film took it's time to build up. When it got to the second half, and the revolting parts it felt like a gradual descent into hell.[spoiler] The baby rape thing...I dont think I need to say any more. I had to shower after watching it. [/spoiler] Sure it was twisted, but unlike crappy films like Hostel I actually found it involving.bobbetybob
I just finished watching it and I agree, it's like the first Saw movie, people lump it with the rest as just gore and no substance, same way this will, but it's actually an interesting film, and surprisingly funny at times. [spoiler] A guy getting killed by an erection, seriously? That's like something Scary Movie would come up with. [/spoiler] Definitely want to see it with some friends just to laugh at their reactions and to be the one who knows what's coming.

Glad to hear some positive opinions on the film so that I don't feel insane for having found it very well-done. I'm not exactly sure which parts you found funny (though the eyehole scene was somewhat humorous in hindsight), but I agree, it would be a great film to watch with some friends. I almost feel like the film had a supernatural element to it, weird.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="Treflis"]I could mention it but then I'd probably get moderated. All I'll say is that it was based on a book and the director of the movie was killed shortly afterwards in a grusome manner, many speculate that it could be because of the movie.

Are you talking about Salo? It's already been mentioned loads you're not going to get moderated for naming something unless it's a shock video/site, then you might.

Ah, well better safe then sorry. And yes that was the movie I was refering to.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
The Ring, The Phone. Exorcist.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 bobbetybob
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"]It was by far one of the most twisted films I have ever seen. Surprisingly though I thought it was pretty good. Most shock horror films suck. Heck most of the films I listed like the August Underground films, and the Guinea Pig films are awful films. A liked how A Serbian film took it's time to build up. When it got to the second half, and the revolting parts it felt like a gradual descent into hell.[spoiler] The baby rape thing...I dont think I need to say any more. I had to shower after watching it. [/spoiler] Sure it was twisted, but unlike crappy films like Hostel I actually found it involving.jamejame

Glad to hear some positive opinions on the film so that I don't feel insane for having found it very well-done. I'm not exactly sure which parts you found funny (though the eyehole scene was somewhat humorous in hindsight), but I agree, it would be a great film to watch with some friends. I almost feel like the film had a supernatural element to it, weird.

I found some of the dialogue at the beginning quite funny and some of the shocking bits made my laugh just because of how extreme they were, yes, I even let out a little laugh at the baby scene as sick as that sounds, the ending was the most shocking part to me.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44699 Posts
Gummo
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#85 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Antichrist - I was reluctant to share what was in that movie with ANYONE.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#86 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I saw Mario Bros. in theaters and rented it mulitple times as a child. How awesome was I!?
thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

Eden Lake had some very ugly bits.

So did the Hostel.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#88 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
I just seen A Serbian Film after all the talk on here and well i have seen messed up stuff on the internet but i think that was just to prepare for that grotesque concept though i have to admit it was certainly facinating i will never watch it again, what doesn't help is the George Micheal look alike.
Fizz111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Fizz111
Member since 2006 • 795 Posts

Does (four)chan's /gif/ count? (Onoz I broke rules)

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Cannibal Holocaust. To be honest, I never did finish watching it.t3hrubikscube

i actually barfed :(

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 shadowkiller11

[QUOTE="t3hrubikscube"]Cannibal Holocaust. To be honest, I never did finish watching it.T_REX305

i actually barfed :(

I personally found it rather tame, the animal scenes were mildly upsetting but the other scenes i thought were pretty mediocre. Maybe it was because of the rather uninspiring concept though it was in the 70s when it was conceived i think so i suposed in those times when media was more sensitive it would of gained more controversy.
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

...probably 'Taxidermia'.

Avatar image for positivebalance
positivebalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 positivebalance
Member since 2010 • 2352 Posts

[QUOTE="jamejame"][QUOTE="bobbetybob"] I just finished watching it and I agree, it's like the first Saw movie, people lump it with the rest as just gore and no substance, same way this will, but it's actually an interesting film, and surprisingly funny at times. [spoiler] A guy getting killed by an erection, seriously? That's like something Scary Movie would come up with. [/spoiler] Definitely want to see it with some friends just to laugh at their reactions and to be the one who knows what's coming. bobbetybob

I found some of the dialogue at the beginning quite funny and some of the shocking bits made my laugh just because of how extreme they were, yes, I even let out a little laugh at the baby scene as sick as that sounds, the ending was the most shocking part to me.

i don't know what's worse, the fact that such a disgusting movie was made, or the fact that you people actually enjoyed watching it.

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
Hard Candy screwed with my mind, I thought it was bad, but I read the synopsis for AntiChrist and Salo, just reading them scares the crap out of me.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Begotten. Grainy film, no dialogue except for the occasional strange sound, it was just wow.

Salo was disappointing when I saw it, it was like "oh yeah... cool" but I didn't get a feeling of violation. Nor with Cannibal Holocaust, Ichi The Killer, Antichrist or anything like that.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
Antichrist - I was reluctant to share what was in that movie with ANYONE. biggest_loser
didn't think it was that bad. o.0
Avatar image for Stunneronureyez
Stunneronureyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Stunneronureyez
Member since 2010 • 506 Posts
A Serbian Film, without a shadow of a doubt. I became nauseous and nearly fainted from my disgust and disbelief after viewing one of the scenes and was worried about going back to finish watching it. And this from just watching it on my 21" PC monitor. Wonder what it would have been like watching it in the cinema with surround sound. Although a special mention should also go to the Ring and Grudge films, more so the Japanese versions of each. If you put a bit of thought into a few of the things you had viewed and heard in the films, they can be rather psychologically disturbing and leave you with a very eerie and uncomfortable feeling.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 shadowkiller11

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="jamejame"]Glad to hear some positive opinions on the film so that I don't feel insane for having found it very well-done. I'm not exactly sure which parts you found funny (though the eyehole scene was somewhat humorous in hindsight), but I agree, it would be a great film to watch with some friends. I almost feel like the film had a supernatural element to it, weird.positivebalance

i don't know what's worse, the fact that such a disgusting movie was made, or the fact that you people actually enjoyed watching it.

Maybe because many have grown desensitised due to the ever growing number of sick and vulgar material. The material was sick and so is the concept of some of the scenes but it was still intriguing, not that i will watch it again.

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

Begotten the most disturbing movie ive ever seen

http://www.strimoo.com/video/16970792/Begotten-MySpaceVideos.html

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#100 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Probably [REC]. Or anything by Takashi Miike (but in a good way). I haven't seen Irreversible yet... but I have seen the infamous scenes from it, and those are quite disturbing.

I personally like movies that can unsettle me. I look forward to see what they are going to do with World War Z... because the book has unsettled me several times already.