Most disappointing movie of the year?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
For me its either Dark Knight or Righteous kill. Not that dark knight was bad, I thought it was really good. But the hype that film got was ridiculous, best film of the year, best film ever etc. I thought it was a exceptionally good hollywood film, I wouldnt call it one of the best ever or the best of the year even. Righteous Kill just made me sad that such great actors like pacino and De niro are such sellouts.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
The Fall. It looked so good.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
I fail to see how you could be dissapointedwith the Dark Knight...it was a great movie, the amount if hype it got is irrelevant.
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
I haven't beendisappointedby a movie in a long time. I guess the last movie I wasdisappointedin was 300, but I didn't really go into it with THAT high of expectations after it got pretty mediocre reviews.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Film-Guy

The Fall. It looked so good.Rhazakna

I loved that film, one of my favorites of the year actually. I admit the story wasnt great, but I didnt mind that since everything about it was done so well and it looked spectacular.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and agree with you on TDK.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
The Hulk and The Mummy 3 were both disappointing. I already knew the Hulk wouldn't be good anyway...
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Film-Guy

I fail to see how you could be dissapointedwith the Dark Knight...it was a great movie, the amount if hype it got is irrelevant.jointed

Even without the hype I still didnt love it. THe hype certainly didnt help for some reason though.

magdalene2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 magdalene2008
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts
It has got to be the X-Files movie. I slept like the entire length of the movie. Well, I'm not quite sure if I was really tired or something and I have always been a big fan of 'Spooky Mulder'..but..I dunno.. It was boring..
camarowu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 camarowu
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
The new X-Files movie, which I haven't seen because nobody had much of anything good to say about it.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

The Fall. It looked so good.Rhazakna

I liked that movie. Was good and weird...

Did Coverfield come out this year? If so, that.

Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts

I don't understand how the Dark Knight could have dissapointed you.... Very few action films meet this caliber of quality and The Dark Knight is probably the best comic book movie, next to V for Vendetta, so I fail to see how anyone could be dissapointed.

Most dissapointing movie of the year for me was probably Indiana Jones....It had some great moments but in the end I don't think I will ever remember it as fondly as any of the other Indiana Jones movies.

JokerFoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JokerFoxx
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
the damn x-files movie! i love the x-files, i was so excited to see that movie. Now i hope they dont make the next one in 2012, their movies have lost me forever.
The other one was Tropic Thunder. I love them all and i love ben stillers comedy but he went a bit overboard with it.
and the last one was the Love Guru......i love Mike Myers and i kinda felt sorry for him that this movie was so bad... :(
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
For me, it was the latest Indiana Jones film. The whole story felt out of place for the series, and I was disappointed with the heavi CGI effects in it. It just felt like a huge letdown.
AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts

For me, it was the latest Indiana Jones film. The whole story felt out of place for the series, and I was disappointed with the heavi CGI effects in it. It just felt like a huge letdown.Hallenbeck77

I liked the movie but I agree with you on the story feeling out of place. It didnt remind me of Indiana Jones but I bet a big reason is because of Ford's age. Not to many good action stars anymore. Jake Gyllenhaul(spelling) and Shia Lebauff(spelling) are nothing but E! Stars, IMO.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]For me, it was the latest Indiana Jones film. The whole story felt out of place for the series, and I was disappointed with the heavi CGI effects in it. It just felt like a huge letdown.AgileNate

I liked the movie but I agree with you on the story feeling out of place. It didnt remind me of Indiana Jones but I bet a big reason is because of Ford's age. Not to many good action stars anymore. Jake Gyllenhaul(spelling) and Shia Lebauff(spelling) are nothing but E! Stars, IMO.

Vin Diesel and Jason Statham have new movies coming out again now, they're both my fav 'new' action stars

I'd probably say Speed Racer was the biggest disappointment. I was pretty let-down by Righteous Kill though

Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
Dark Knight didn't make me wanna go out and scream I LUV BATMAN in the streets like everyone said it would so yeha it was pretty dissappointing to me(but like you said that's not tos ay it's a bad movie)
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
Indiana Jones 4, Forbidden Kingdom, and The Mummy 3 (It was the third one, correct? :?)
AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts
[QUOTE="AgileNate"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]For me, it was the latest Indiana Jones film. The whole story felt out of place for the series, and I was disappointed with the heavi CGI effects in it. It just felt like a huge letdown.Scarface_tm431

Vin Diesel and Jason Statham have new movies coming out again now, they're both my fav 'new' action stars

I'd probably say Speed Racer was the biggest disappointment. I was pretty let-down by Righteous Kill though

Ahh. Jason Statham definitely is a good action star, thanks for refreshing my memory.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#21 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Indiana Jones or Waltz with Bashir.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
Forbidden Kingdom and The Dark Knight
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 jasperrussell
Member since 2005 • 1960 Posts
The Love Guru!
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
The only movies I've seen this year were TDK and Mirrors and I enjoyed both. I'm not too big on movies nor do I care to criticize them.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

From the movies Ive seen this year Ill go with Cloverfield. What set out to be a realistic monster film ending up very predictable and cliche, and although it wasnt horrible, it could have been much better.

also hype and other peoples opinions of films should never effect yours, i mean by your excuse for having the dark knight on your list, then I could say The Godfather was a disappointment, I mean it was good, but the hype and being set as the best film of all time makes me not like it as much...

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
Tropic Thunder is probaly the worst film i have ever paid to see! Its not a film its a joke!
maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
probably Stop-Loss
1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
For me it's that movie with Emma Roberts on it. I forgot teh title since it is sooo sooo lame!!! I never watched it but teh trailers show my point.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#29 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

The Love Guru!jasperrussell

I'm not sure what I'm surprised by more:

that you actually went to see it or that you thought it was going to be good.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

From the movies Ive seen this year Ill go with Cloverfield. What set out to be a realistic monster film ending up very predictable and cliche, and although it wasnt horrible, it could have been much better.

also hype and other peoples opinions of films should never effect yours, i mean by your excuse for having the dark knight on your list, then I could say The Godfather was a disappointment, I mean it was good, but the hype and being set as the best film of all time makes me not like it as much...

SaintLeonidas

Agreed. I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with The Dark Knight. The only movie that really disappointed me was Tropic Thunder.

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

sammyjenkis898

Agreed. I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with The Dark Knight. The only movie that really disappointed me was Tropic Thunder.

Agreed :)

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

Righteous Kill is just a reflection of the saturated industry flopping under its own arrogance. I don't think movies are dying, I do however think disappointment after disappointment (which has almost become common place in recent years) WILL drive a new movement.

Less money speant on films, less-known writers/directors/actors getting a big break, independant film evolving into something not so portentous and more hard-hitting than it already is. The same amount of viewers but only out of a lack of anything better to do

[amirite?]

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts
I'll say TDK simply because of the amount of praise it seems to get from people who can't stop telling me it's the best movie ever, even despite Bale's horriffic acting and that laughable sonic phone device.
strieeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 strieeyes
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
Hands down Indiana Jones. It was really good through the first half, it was all downhill from there. I think I hated it more than The Temple of Doom! Maybe they can only make good odd numbered Indy movies. And to think we waited 10 years for this crap!
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

Babylon AD was supposed to kick major ass.

It didn't.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Hands down Indiana Jones. It was really good through the first half, it was all downhill from there. I think I hated it more than The Temple of Doom! Maybe they can only make good odd numbered Indy movies. And to think we waited 10 years for this crap!strieeyes

Do you mean 10 years since a new Indy movie was announced? Or 10 years since we last saw Indy? Cause if it's the latter, we waited nearly 20 years.

shyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shyskillz
Member since 2006 • 4197 Posts
X-Files
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts

TDK dissapointing?

Oh please, give me a break. Please tell me how it dissapointed people

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
Mirrors.
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts

For me, it was the latest Indiana Jones film. The whole story felt out of place for the series, and I was disappointed with the heavi CGI effects in it. It just felt like a huge letdown.Hallenbeck77

I agree... it made me so sad.

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts

Waltz with Bashir. biggest_loser

That hasn't been released near me yet... it was bad? I thought it looked pretty good.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Well, not that i was hyping this movie or anything, but "The Happening" was the most dissapointing movie of the year. Like i said, i wasnt hyping it or anything and i thoroughly expected it to be bad, but I could never have imagined just how BAD it was. Its definitely got a place sumwhere in my top 10 worst movies of all time, heck it might even be in my top 5 worst movies.
friutpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 friutpunch
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts

Well, not that i was hyping this movie or anything, but "The Happening" was the most dissapointing movie of the year. Like i said, i wasnt hyping it or anything and i thoroughly expected it to be bad, but I could never have imagined just how BAD it was. Its definitely got a place sumwhere in my top 10 worst movies of all time, heck it might even be in my top 5 worst movies.II_Seraphim_II
so true, i didnt think it was going to be that bad

man M.Night got terrible, kinda sad since i thought the sixth sense was one of the best movies ive ever seen.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
every movie i was excited for this year turned out good...
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

For me its either Dark Knight or Righteous kill. Not that dark knight was bad, I thought it was really good. But the hype that film got was ridiculous, best film of the year, best film ever etc. I thought it was a exceptionally good hollywood film, I wouldnt call it one of the best ever or the best of the year even. Righteous Kill just made me sad that such great actors like pacino and De niro are such sellouts. Film-Guy

BURN him at the steak!!!! :x

for probably AVPR such a steaming pile of crap

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#46 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
If 10000BC came out this year then I vote for that one.
ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts
X-Files for sure. After the way the series ended it needed a great movie but they didn't deliver. :(
Avatar image for lostprodigy3141
lostprodigy3141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lostprodigy3141
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
I agree with you on The Dark Kinght. Great movie, criminally overrated. Haven't seen Righteous Kill though, I thought it looked mediocre. The only thing that had tempted me to see it was Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino in the same movie. I probably won't be seeing it anytime soon, though.
Avatar image for lostprodigy3141
lostprodigy3141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostprodigy3141
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

X-Files for sure. After the way the series ended it needed a great movie but they didn't deliver. :(ninjastar

Ah, how could I forget? This is my definite most dissapointing movie of the year, being a fan of the show when I was younger. It really should not have been made, basically every aspect about it was terrible IMO.

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

Well, not that i was hyping this movie or anything, but "The Happening" was the most dissapointing movie of the year. Like i said, i wasnt hyping it or anything and i thoroughly expected it to be bad, but I could never have imagined just how BAD it was. Its definitely got a place sumwhere in my top 10 worst movies of all time, heck it might even be in my top 5 worst movies.II_Seraphim_II

I liked The Happening. :|