More police brutality: 11 CA cops beat man for horse theft

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@richietickles said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@mattbbpl said:

@richietickles said:

I don't think a police beating is that big a deal, it use to be the rule of thumb back in the day. Of course, we're a different country now that doesn't allow violence outside of multimedia, so this activity isn't acceptable. The cops will be reprimanded, but the ongoing topic for the last year has added two more cases to it in the last week.

Wait.... Seriously?

This kind of thinking is dangerous..

So are the criminals that evade arrest. You really want to make a difference with the way the law is enforced? Go join the force somewhere and tell the chief/sheriff you "want to make a difference."

........... What does this have anything to do with police brutality, corruption and cover-ups? Are you trying to tell me that gang beating a suspect when he is prone on the ground is some how preventing this? Or that shooting a guy running away from a non violent crime is preventing this? Meanwhile we have a prison overfilling with non violent offenders, including people with trivial municipal fines being unpaid, and violent crimes in the nation are at a 4 decade low.. The difference with the law being enforced is with transparency and better oversight..

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@richietickles said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@mattbbpl said:

@richietickles said:

I don't think a police beating is that big a deal, it use to be the rule of thumb back in the day. Of course, we're a different country now that doesn't allow violence outside of multimedia, so this activity isn't acceptable. The cops will be reprimanded, but the ongoing topic for the last year has added two more cases to it in the last week.

Wait.... Seriously?

So are the criminals that evade arrest. You really want to make a difference with the way the law is enforced? Go join the force somewhere and tell the chief/sheriff you "want to make a difference."

........... What does this have anything to do with police brutality, corruption and cover-ups? Are you trying to tell me that gang beating a suspect when he is prone on the ground is some how preventing this? Or that shooting a guy running away from a non violent crime is preventing this? Meanwhile we have a prison overfilling with non violent offenders, including people with trivial municipal fines being unpaid, and violent crimes in the nation are at a 4 decade low..

Police shootings of fleeing suspects that pose no threat is an issue and there are only two things to keep it from happening: better training and experience. There's a difference between discipline and outright murder, don't equate the two.

As for the overflowing of non-violent suspects, that's a problem and it has to be solved. The politicians are the one's to sort that out and the people need to push for reform in that area. But if a Bernie Madoff steals money, where are you gonna send him for punishment? A penal colony?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-59d151f079814

@richietickles said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@richietickles said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@mattbbpl said:

@richietickles said:

Wait.... Seriously?

........... What does this have anything to do with police brutality, corruption and cover-ups? Are you trying to tell me that gang beating a suspect when he is prone on the ground is some how preventing this? Or that shooting a guy running away from a non violent crime is preventing this? Meanwhile we have a prison overfilling with non violent offenders, including people with trivial municipal fines being unpaid, and violent crimes in the nation are at a 4 decade low..

Police shootings of fleeing suspects that pose no threat is an issue and there are only two things to keep it from happening: better training and experience. There's a difference between discipline and outright murder, don't equate the two.

...............I am sorry but what?? This had nothing to do with discipline or better training.. The fact of the matter is the testimony contradicted to what actual footage of the shooting showed.. Meaning the cop LIED, it has nothing to do with experience and discipline but the fact that there are people on the force that are dishonest.

As for the overflowing of non-violent suspects, that's a problem and it has to be solved. The politicians are the one's to sort that out and the people need to push for reform in that area. But if a Bernie Madoff steals money, where are you gonna send him for punishment? A penal colony?

Wallstreet swindlers make up a nonexistent % of the prison population.. The majority of the population make up non violent drug offenders..

The man fleeing and getting shot in the back is not a question of better discipline or training.. But the fact that there are people in the force that should never have been there to begin with.. My point with that entire situation is the fact that guy would be on the streets STILL if we only had the testimony of him and his partner and not the video footage from a third party pretty much contradicting everything he is saying.. Not to mention planting evidence in which we have video evidence of dropping the taser next to the body...

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 RichieTickles

@sSubZerOo said:

@richietickles said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@richietickles said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@mattbbpl said:

@richietickles said:

Wait.... Seriously?

...............I am sorry but what?? This had nothing to do with discipline or better training.. The fact of the matter is the testimony contradicted to what actual footage of the shooting showed.. Meaning the cop LIED, it has nothing to do with experience and discipline but the fact that there are people on the force that are dishonest.

Wallstreet swindlers make up a nonexistent % of the prison population.. The majority of the population make up non violent drug offenders..

The man fleeing and getting shot in the back is not a question of better discipline or training.. But the fact that there are people in the force that should never have been there to begin with.. My point with that entire situation is the fact that guy would be on the streets STILL if we only had the testimony of him and his partner and not the video footage from a third party pretty much contradicting everything he is saying.. Not to mention planting evidence in which we have video evidence of dropping the taser next to the body...

Yeah, all the evidence suggests the SC cop is guilty of murder and planting evidence, but the whole situation could have been avoided if the guy wasn't running in the first place. Being killed doesn't justify what the dead suspect did, but had he not ran, he would still be alive. He ran away over nothing. Of course the cop didn't need to shot him and had he been thinking straight, a perimeter would have been set up and they'd have caught him a few blocks away.

The problem here is not all police are good, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. This is why body camera's ought to be worn by police. The technology exists to put camera's smaller than a fingernail in a phone, they can easily be incorporated into a uniform.

The conflict of that is how much of the video recorded will be used to ensure officers are following everything by the book using discretion and warnings instead of tickets and fines. I'm sure something can be worked out where only instances of force are reviewed and this will help weed out the good cops and the bad cops and using real life interactions as training tools for younger officers.

I hope this helped explain things to you as you seem easily perplexed by the solutions I'm suggesting.

Now will you answer a question for me: how would you deal with non violent drug offenders? Send them to rehab?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@richietickles said:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/california-san-bernardino-police-beating/index.html

Amidst the national discussion on police abuse that began from the Ferguson shooting and choking death of Eric Garner last Summer, another incident of police brutality came to light late this week in California where dozens of San Bernadino deputies were in pursuit of a man wanted for identity theft.

After the suspect fled via car, on foot, and finally by horse, the man was apprehended, but the actions after the man was already handcuffed have caused more consternation regarding police action. After being caught, officers punched and kicked the suspect while he was on the ground multiple times. The suspect was later admitted to the hospital for head injuries.

This following the shooting of an unarmed man in the back in South Carolina most certainly has deteriorated civilian-police relations.

Well, if you read the full story , the man stole the horse , the horse kicked a deputy. He hurt the horse as well, there's a reason the horse threw him off. The officers had to follow him through rugged terrain in hot weather.

This was no picnick for the officers. If they beat him so badly that he would have a lasting injury or handicap, yeah then those cops are wrong and should be prosecuted, if he was underage, the cops should be prosecuted.

But a grown man getting a beating that's doesn't inflict any lasting handicaps or injuries, after what he done...

nah he deserved that beating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@richietickles said:

Yeah, all the evidence suggests the SC cop is guilty of murder and planting evidence, but the whole situation could have been avoided if the guy wasn't running in the first place. Being killed doesn't justify what the dead suspect did, but had he not ran, he would still be alive. He ran away over nothing. Of course the cop didn't need to shot him and had he been thinking straight, a perimeter would have been set up and they'd have caught him a few blocks away.

Stop being an apologist no one is defending the fact that this guy was guilty or that he shouldn't have ran.. But the fact of what the cop did.. Jesus Christ you know things are fucked up when you have to compare a person with a warrant on their head for multiple things to excuse what a cop did.. You heard it hear first guys, its the guys fault for breaking the law with non violent crimes and running away, if none of these things happened he wouldn't be dead right now.. Completely ignore the cop shooting him and being video taped in staging the death to make it look like it was justified.

The problem here is not all police are good, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. This is why body camera's ought to be worn by police. The technology exists to put camera's smaller than a fingernail in a phone, they can easily be incorporated into a uniform.

Where the hell did I say anything close to amounting to that metaphor? Oh thats right I didn't, your assuming.

The conflict of that is how much of the video recorded will be used to ensure officers are following everything by the book using discretion and warnings instead of tickets and fines. I'm sure something can be worked out where only instances of force are reviewed and this will help weed out the good cops and the bad cops and using real life interactions as training tools for younger officers.

The fact of the matter are cops are human beings.. And we have a vast history of human beings breaking rules, being corrupt to numerous things in which transparency is happening.. And I think your confusing me with some one else.. Because I have said absolutely nothing on what should be done, only voiced concern of department corruption..

I hope this helped explain things to you as you seem easily perplexed by the solutions I'm suggesting.

Oh yeah that doesn't sound condescending about something that I absolutely said nothing about.. IN fact I am trying to figure why the **** your even responding me because I have stayed pretty neutral in this entire discussion outside of voice concern.

Now will you answer a question for me: how would you deal with non violent drug offenders? Send them to rehab?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RichieTickles

@sSubZerOo: All you've done the whole conversation is bitch an moan and say you didn't say or imply things when you clearly did and whenever I ask you a question, you refuse to respond.

I'm done trying to converse with you because all you want to do it holler and say, "I'm sorry but what?"

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RichieTickles

@commander said:

@richietickles said:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/california-san-bernardino-police-beating/index.html

Amidst the national discussion on police abuse that began from the Ferguson shooting and choking death of Eric Garner last Summer, another incident of police brutality came to light late this week in California where dozens of San Bernadino deputies were in pursuit of a man wanted for identity theft.

After the suspect fled via car, on foot, and finally by horse, the man was apprehended, but the actions after the man was already handcuffed have caused more consternation regarding police action. After being caught, officers punched and kicked the suspect while he was on the ground multiple times. The suspect was later admitted to the hospital for head injuries.

This following the shooting of an unarmed man in the back in South Carolina most certainly has deteriorated civilian-police relations.

Well, if you read the full story , the man stole the horse , the horse kicked a deputy. He hurt the horse as well, there's a reason the horse threw him off. The officers had to follow him through rugged terrain in hot weather.

This was no picnick for the officers. If they beat him so badly that he would have a lasting injury or handicap, yeah then those cops are wrong and should be prosecuted, if he was underage, the cops should be prosecuted.

But a grown man getting a beating that's doesn't inflict any lasting handicaps or injuries, after what he done...

nah he deserved that beating

Yeah, he was clearly doing everything he could to not comply with the officers orders who were serving an arrest warrant. An arrest warrant doesn't give people a license to run away, in fact it does quite the opposite.

Did the beating last a little long? Yeah and the cops have and will be punished, but that's all. Had anything serious happened to the suspect, like been paralyzed or suffered serious brain damage from the beating, it would be a different story and the officers involved absolutely be charged with a crime. That isn't the case and as such the cops will and should be disciplined via suspension without pay and a warning.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

@airshocker said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

Police have become the biggest fucking pussies in the world. Every cop in america should be fucking ashamed. Being a cop should NOT relieve you of all responsibility, and should face the consequences for being a fucking power hungry asshole.

The only people that need to be ashamed of themselves are the people like you who are so irrational as to believe every cop acts the way these guys in the video did.

Yeah, besides, I think there are far bigger fish to fry than a few bad seeds here and there in the police force, such as maybe, oh I dunno, certain politicians/political groups, and certain various corporate big wigs.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RichieTickles

@Toph_Girl250 said:

@airshocker said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

Police have become the biggest fucking pussies in the world. Every cop in america should be fucking ashamed. Being a cop should NOT relieve you of all responsibility, and should face the consequences for being a fucking power hungry asshole.

The only people that need to be ashamed of themselves are the people like you who are so irrational as to believe every cop acts the way these guys in the video did.

Yeah, besides, I think there are far bigger fish to fry than a few bad seeds here and there in the police force, such as maybe, oh I dunno, certain politicians/political groups, and certain various corporate big wigs.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

@GazaAli said:

@ianhh6 said:

Lol that was my first thought.

The police corps doesn't attract the brightest lot of society; therefore, I'm not really surprised they failed to infer that much on the spot.

Yeah... still, it's like the guy who decided it was perfectly alright to pepper spray college students. You have to be a particular type of stupid to not realise it's gonna backfire.

That or the police have in their mind this idea that they have authority (which they do) and that they have the right to do with those who don't respect their authority whatever they want (which they don't). It might just be a problem with how they're trained. If they think they have the right to act like this, it's no surprise they then do so.

I'd like to know the real cause of this level of police brutality.

It is irrational to try and rationalize the conduct of an irrational person; that's the conclusion I arrived at after years of being exposed to a deluge of irrationality. Averagely reasonable people often fall into that trap and find themselves bewildered trying to explain the thought process of someone whom they know to lack proper judgment and judiciousness, believing that there must be more to it than that. Usually there isn't. The mistake they commit is that they set out to explain that person's conduct based on their worldview, rather than putting themselves in the shoes of an irrational person who lacks what they believe to be givens shared by all. The more reasonable approach is to start from a realization of the irrationality of the person under study and go no further from there.

Power corrupts all, but it corrupts those who lack the most basic forms of self-restraint and judiciousness incomparably more. You combine these conclusions and suddenly it all makes perfect sense to you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@richietickles: About what did I moan about? Idk wtf your even talk about. Not once did I even care about pointing out a solution to this nor say that all cops are evil, or other such crap. Your pulling shit out of thin air and are just making dumbass assumptions. The only thing I have done thus far is mock your apologist rationale, but do please continue. I need another good laugh.