Microsoft Now Sells T-Shirts That Claim...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Scroogled, as you certainly know, is a campaign by Microsoft to paint Google in a negative light when it comes to things like Gmail’s automatic scanning of incoming email to target advertisements. Google maintains that it doesn’t do so for sensitive categories such as bankruptcy. Microsoft also scans incoming email, but only to weed out malware and the like. This has always felt like a small distinction to me."

by TechCrunch

The above is only an excerpt. Here is the source.

That's really cute of Microsoft knowing how it was first to bend over for the NSA. What do you guys think?

...Google’s Chrome Steals Your Data.

"Microsoft has started to sell t-shirts, hats, mugs, and sweatshirts that bear slogans from its Scroogled campaign that needles Google as bad on privacy. I confirmed with the company that the clothing line was released today.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Source?

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hexagon_777

@deeliman said:

Source?

I am trying to post it but GlitchSpot is still buggy as hell. I have been away for weeks now and it's still crap.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

well considering that whole Microsoft NSA business, they probably shouldn't be criticizing anyone

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hexagon_777

The old GameSpot was also glitchy but worlds better. More options, less glitchy. There is no excuse for this nonsense. I posted the bits that kept getting cut off at the top now. How the people who create this garbage keep their jobs is incomprehensible to me.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

That's pathetic, immature and highly unprofessional. Regardless, I'm surprised Microsoft has the nerve to attack Gmail considering how shitty its email service is in comparison. When it comes to the Internet, Google will dwarf anything Microsoft has to offer.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@Hexagon_777 said:

That's really cute of Microsoft knowing how it was first to bend over for the NSA. What do you guys think?

You say that like they had a choice, considering that they (along with the other companies named in the NSA leaks) were presented with a court order demanding the information as well as gag orders preventing them from revealing they were served. I doubt Microsoft's top executives wanted to go to jail for contempt just to make a few people who don't trust the government happy.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hexagon_777

@ad1x2 said:

@Hexagon_777 said:

You say that like they had a choice, considering that they (along with the other companies named in the NSA leaks) were presented with a court order demanding the information as well as gag orders preventing them from revealing they were served. I doubt Microsoft's top executives wanted to go to jail for contempt just to make a few people who don't trust the government happy.

And yet I have to wonder just how much of a fight Microsoft and the other companies put up. Also, reading what you wrote send chills down my back. What a creepy, creepy thing to do.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#9 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I think they're all funny. If one company wants to make fun of another company, who's goal is to be "like the mind of God" and who feels that users aren't entitled to email privacy, that's just fine with me.

Go get 'em, MS.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

The whole Scroogled Campaign and website was pretty well done and people need to know, but selling merchandise like they are doing now is ridiculous and taking it too far imo.