McCain probably has no chance at all against Obama, am I right?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

That's what happens in politics. Definitions of parties change. Liberals today are nothing like classical liberals. The republican party of the past hundred years was nothing like Lincoln's party. Just because neocons aren't classic conservatives doesn't mean they aren't republicans. Rhazakna

I suppose that's a valid argument, however in reality one man should not represent the entire party unless that one man speaks for the majority of Republicans. I highly doubt McCain speaks for the majority of Republicans. Everyone I know who is Republican despises him.

The only reason I think I will vote for Obama is for a more traditional foreign policy. Republicans today have no idea what their foreign policy is doing to the currency and to the economy.

Things have really changed since Bush came into office.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#152 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Don't be so sure, calling the race this early is just foolish.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178881 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Bourbons3"]A lot of Hilary voters would rather see McCain win than Obama.limpbizkit818

You are correct....

And what if Hilary jumps on as Obama's VP? Will you vote for him over lets say a McCain/Romeny ticket?

Nope. VP is generally only the springboard to a run for president.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 ParadiseAwaits

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Bourbons3"]A lot of Hilary voters would rather see McCain win than Obama.limpbizkit818

You are correct....

And what if Hilary jumps on as Obama's VP? Will you vote for him over lets say a McCain/Romeny ticket?

McCain would probably need to team up with Condelesa Rixe (mind the spelling), in order to combat a Obama/Hillary ticket.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]That's what happens in politics. Definitions of parties change. Liberals today are nothing like classical liberals. The republican party of the past hundred years was nothing like Lincoln's party. Just because neocons aren't classic conservatives doesn't mean they aren't republicans. ParadiseAwaits

I suppose that's a valid argument, however in reality one man should not represent the entire party unless that one man speaks for the majority of Republicans. I highly doubt McCain speaks for the majority of Republicans. Everyone I know who is Republican despises him.

The only reason I think I will vote for Obama is for a more traditional foreign policy. Republicans today have no idea what their foreign policy is doing to the currency and to the economy.

Things have really changed since Bush came into office.

You supported Paul, but you're for Obama? Obama is the most statist candidate we've had in a long time. Ad he's not as good on foreign policy as some have been lead to believe.

SVTCobra006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 SVTCobra006
Member since 2008 • 462 Posts

hahaha this convo is a bit pathetic. Most of you know absolutely nothing about politics.

Anyways, Mccain will stomp Obama. Period.

If Hillary won the democrats then she would have a chance against Mccain.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Bourbons3"]A lot of Hilary voters would rather see McCain win than Obama.ParadiseAwaits

You are correct....

McCain would probably need to team up with Condelesa Rixe (mind the spelling), in order to combat a Obama/Hillary ticket.

That would truly make it the worst race ever.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ParadiseAwaits

You supported Paul, but you're for Obama? Obama is the most statist candidate we've had in a long time. Ad he's not as good on foreign policy as some have been lead to believe. Rhazakna

Well it's either Obama or I vote for Ralph Nader.

We have no real choice this upcoming election. I'm honestly lost.

My choices were:

1. Ron Paul

2. Mike Huckabee

3. Mitt Romney

The people who were smart and worthy of the position are out of the race. It makes no sense how McCain got in. He was the worst choice.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]You supported Paul, but you're for Obama? Obama is the most statist candidate we've had in a long time. Ad he's not as good on foreign policy as some have been lead to believe. ParadiseAwaits

Well it's either Obama or I vote for Ralph Nader.

We have no real choice this upcoming election. I'm honestly lost.

My choices were:

1. Ron Paul

2. Mike Huckabee

3. Mitt Romney

The people who were smart and worthy of the position are out of the race. It makes no sense how McCain got in. He was the worst choice.

Nader? He's even more of an interventionist! What policies do you support, exactly? You're all over the map here.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

If I was John McCain the only real two VP choices I myself would be considering our former governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney, and current governor of FloridaCharlie Crist. I think those would be his best bets for getting some good results.

SAURON221

IMO there is only one choice: Romney.

McCain NEEDS someone that is especially stong on the economy since he seems to know very little about it.

Sure Crist would give him a boost is Florida but Romney would give him help across the board.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="SAURON221"]

If I was John McCain the only real two VP choices I myself would be considering our former governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney, and current governor of FloridaCharlie Crist. I think those would be his best bets for getting some good results.

limpbizkit818

McCain NEEDS someone that is especially stong on the economy since he seems to know very little about it.

Sure Crist would give him a boost is Florida but Romney would give him help across the board.

Romney as his VP would leave his ticket open to attack. The Mormon thing is a big issue for a lot of people.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="SAURON221"]

Rhazakna

Romney as his VP would leave his ticket open to attack. The Mormon thing is a big issue for a lot of people.

I don't think that's really going to play a big factor since he's only running for VP; McCain just needs someone he can fall back to for advice/support.

Idk, guess we just have to wait and see.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ParadiseAwaits

I've already predicted this thing nearly 10 years ago.

Everything follows a cycle.

Democrat ===> Republican ===> Democrat ===> and so on

Clinton did his time, then bush. People want a Democrat now.

It doesn't matter who they are. People are going to vote Democrat.

They want "change".

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Rhazakna

I don't think that's really going to play a big factor since he's only running for VP; McCain just needs someone he can fall back to for advice/support.

limpbizkit818

McCain is in good health, but he's also old. He may very well die mid-term. I think people are going to look at McCain's VP more than Obama's.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ParadiseAwaits

Nader? He's even more of an interventionist! What policies do you support, exactly? You're all over the map here.Rhazakna

Are you sure?

Nader is against the Iraq War....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8bGCJdm6Rjo&feature=related

He doesn't sound like a interventionalist to me. Maybe I'm wrong and if so I would appreciate a correction.

I appreciate the quick replies! :D

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Nader? He's even more of an interventionist! What policies do you support, exactly? You're all over the map here.ParadiseAwaits

Are you sure?

Nader is against the Iraq War....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8bGCJdm6Rjo&feature=related

He doesn't sound like a interventionalist to me. Maybe I'm wrong and if so I would appreciate a correction.

I appreciate the quick replies! :D

I'm talking economically. Statist interventionism.

solotitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 solotitan
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I dont think Obama has a chance against McCain. McCain will destroy him in debates, seriously every time I've seen Obama speak he always seems to dodge any issue and just goes on a generic rant about the problems with America.

hiho24

That's hilarious. McCain can hardly read a prompter without stumbling, he'll be crushed during a debate. His brain's neurons just won't have the synaptic efficiency to keep up. If you seen his speech the other night, he can barley fill a conference room, with so called "patriotic" red-necks. Obama's filling stadiums of 20 - 70 thousand people, McCain couldn't do that if he tried. If you really wanted to understand Obama's position on issues, you would research, it's out there, you just don't really wont to look into it.

This election is an election about change, people have been coming out in record numbers voting for democrats. I laugh so hard when people try and transpose past elections on this one. This one is way different, it's going to be a run away. Obama's going to be the next president of the United States, get used to it! I can't wait for the debates though. It's going to be so obvious of how much of a fool and how identical he is to Bush.

And for whomever it was that said "I just don't see the country voting for someone that's that far to the left." lol, You probably didn't foresee the republican party voting for someone that far to the left either. Contrary to what Fox News tells you, this country is shifting, very slowly to the left.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 limpbizkit818

Clinton did his time, then bush. People want a Democrat now.

It doesn't matter who they are. People are going to vote Democrat.

They want "change"

ParadiseAwaits

While the Democrats may gain a nice amount of seat on the congress this year (for what reason I don't know since the congress's approval ratings are lower than Bush's) I don't think Obama is going to win.

People will take their frustrations out on a more local level like they did in 2006.

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Rhazakna

McCain is in good health, but he's also old. He may very well die mid-term. I think people are going to look at McCain's VP more than Obama's.

Valid point but I personally still hope he takes Romeny.

Should be interesting whoever he takes.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ParadiseAwaits

When will the selection for the Vice-Presidents occur?

Is there a specific date?

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#170 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
No, he has a chance. I'm sure Obama can't win West Virginia. Have you seen some of the stupidity that has come from their mouths? Ugh....
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

McCain will be elected president, because:

1. Obama only preaches "Change" and doesn't give clear explanations.
  2. getting rid of Nuclear Weapons, and cutting billions of dollars will hurt our people, cutting jobs, and more unemployment, and makes no sense at all, asking Russia to get rid of ICBMs will not work, they will refuse, and if we get rid of weapons, we leave ourselves vulnerable, we need these for defense. War will always continue, no matter what. Even without weapons, people still have Wars, look at the middle ages.
  3. He wants to cut spendings into Middle Eastern oil, the only reason why gas prices are up is because the vehicles in Iraq consume a lot of gas, and we shouldn't even be in Iraq in the first place (The only thing I agree with in regards with Obama), We need oil, we will never run out of oil (the oil supply is endless).
  4. Obama is to young, he has no experience in decisions in critical times. Look at Bush, he was barely in office, he was 54 and still made a wrong decision.
  5. Obama is a great speaker, Dictators are great speakers, doesn't necessarily mean he is one, but it could be possible.
  6. He wants country wide Health insurance, that would mean more taxes, and we already pay thousands in taxes a year.
aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts

It seems highly unlikely McCain has any chance of beating him, because when you look at all the total vote counts for each party, the Republican candidates topped out at totals in the tens of thousands while Hillary and Obama almost always ended up with numbers in the hundreds of thousands. So this indicated America as a whole is much more Democrat favoring these days...On top of that McCain is old and his senility might have an effect on how many votes he racks in because it might impair his ability to think, not to mention a risk he'll die in office. He barely has the support of the younger voters, or it might just be because they're all on Obama's side. McCain has also been seen as kind of a war monger so I'm guessing he'll not get a huge slice of the votes because of all the people against the Iraq War. He really has not chance at all and I'm wondering if they should just stop the race right now and call Obama the next president. I mean, it's pretty obvious he's going to win. camreeno360

It's hard to tell, it's going to be a close race though. McCain will win all the older votes, and Barack the younger. McCain will win most republicans, and depending on who is VP is, aka Mike Huckabee, win the pivotal Evangelical Christian vote. And a lot of independents are still voting for McCain. Plus, he has experience, not just promises. But then again, Barack is new and excited, I don't know, it'll be a very good and exciting race.

aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts
[QUOTE="hiho24"]

I dont think Obama has a chance against McCain. McCain will destroy him in debates, seriously every time I've seen Obama speak he always seems to dodge any issue and just goes on a generic rant about the problems with America.

solotitan

That's hilarious. McCain can hardly read a prompter without stumbling, he'll be crushed during a debate. His brain's neurons just won't have the synaptic efficiency to keep up. If you seen his speech the other night, he can barley fill a conference room, with so called "patriotic" red-necks. Obama's filling stadiums of 20 - 70 thousand people, McCain couldn't do that if he tried. If you really wanted to understand Obama's position on issues, you would research, it's out there, you just don't really wont to look into it.

This election is an election about change, people have been coming out in record numbers voting for democrats. I laugh so hard when people try and transpose past elections on this one. This one is way different, it's going to be a run away. Obama's going to be the next president of the United States, get used to it! I can't wait for the debates though. It's going to be so obvious of how much of a fool and how identical he is to Bush.

And for whomever it was that said "I just don't see the country voting for someone that's that far to the left." lol, You probably didn't foresee the republican party voting for someone that far to the left either. Contrary to what Fox News tells you, this country is shifting, very slowly to the left.

McCain is also reaching the small town Blue collared workers in the small conference halls. He already won the nomination, so he didn't have to have rock concert crowds to garner votes. And you can't be so sure that Obama will win. You speak as though you know something about politics. Research for 10 minutes and then come back and talk to us.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#174 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I think it will be another very close election. We've had 2 in a row now, and this one probably will be as well.
GuitarMozart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 GuitarMozart
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

Obama only preaches "Change" and doesn't give clear explanations.getting rid of Nuclear Weapons, and cutting billions of dollars will hurt our people, cutting jobs, and more unemployment, and makes no sense at all, asking Russia to get rid of ICBMs will not work, they will refuse, and if we get rid of weapons, we leave ourselves vulnerable, we need these for defense. War will always continue, no matter what. Even without weapons, people still have Wars, look at the middle ages.He wants to cut spendings into Middle Eastern oil, the only reason why gas prices are up is because the vehicles in Iraq consume a lot of gas, and we shouldn't even be in Iraq in the first place (The only thing I agree with in regards with Obama), We need oil, we will never run out of oil (the oil supply is endless).Obama is to young, he has no experience in decisions in critical times. Look at Bush, he was barely in office, he was 54 and still made a wrong decision.Obama is a great speaker, Dictators are great speakers, doesn't necessarily mean he is one, but it could be possible.He wants country wide Health insurance, that would mean more taxes, and we already pay thousands in taxes a year.

CWEBB04z

ok...

1. The role of the President is to guide the nation, he doesn't hold full control due to checks and balances. Congress has just as much. So for Obama to strive for change is all he can do, it is up to the American people.

2. He doesn't want to get rid of nuclear weapons as far as I know of. He is for National security, he's just not an interventionist.

3. Ok? Gas prices are high because there is a limited supply and they are predicting it will run out. Its becoming a commodity. And do you even know why we're in Iraq? Oil is a non replinisheable recource I hate to tell ya. It does replinish but not at the rate that we use it.

4. Thats because Bush is an idiot. Besides Obama is older than Bill Clinton was when he was elected and look where he steered us. A surplus rather than a national debt.

5. Um, ok it would be a pretty hard to compare Obama and a dictator but feel free to extrapolate...

6. He doesn't want to mandate nationwide health unsureance, its just a goal. Hey, cheaper health care, sign me up! Its costing me out the gazoo right now just for small stuff that the insurance won't cover. And taxes? Is that your biggest worry? 2 cents here and there = cheaper health insurance, that sounds like a better equation than -0.09 of every dollar at the coinstar but thats just me. I'm ok with taxes as long as the bigger picture is looking alright

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#176 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
If I voted, I would vote for Obama.
MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

[QUOTE="SAURON221"][QUOTE="MarineJcksn"][QUOTE="SAURON221"]espoac

What about Bobby Jindal, govenor of Louisiana? He's got serious neo-conservative crudentials and he would also be the first Indian-American vice president.

I really like Bobby Jindal but I think he's not quite ready for the position, simply because he's poised to do more really great things in Louisiana like he did with taking their Medicaid bankrupcy and turning it around in a short amount of time. I think we'll see him move up the ladder in the future.

Also, the way I see he voted a lot on the issues was Conservative, I don't consider him to be a NeoCon.

MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"]GuitarMozart

1. The role of the President is to guide the nation, he doesn't hold full control due to checks and balances. Congress has just as much. So for Obama to strive for change is all he can do, it is up to the American people.

2. He doesn't want to get rid of nuclear weapons as far as I know of. He is for National security, he's just not an interventionist.

3. Ok? Gas prices are high because there is a limited supply and they are predicting it will run out. Its becoming a commodity. And do you even know why we're in Iraq? Oil is a non replinisheable recource I hate to tell ya. It does replinish but not at the rate that we use it.

4. Thats because Bush is an idiot. Besides Obama is older than Bill Clinton was when he was elected and look where he steered us. A surplus rather than a national debt.

5. Um, ok it would be a pretty hard to compare Obama and a dictator but feel free to extrapolate...

6. He doesn't want to mandate nationwide health unsureance, its just a goal. Hey, cheaper health care, sign me up! Its costing me out the gazoo right now just for small stuff that the insurance won't cover. And taxes? Is that your biggest worry? 2 cents here and there = cheaper health insurance, that sounds like a better equation than -0.09 of every dollar at the coinstar but thats just me. I'm ok with taxes as long as the bigger picture is looking alright

1. This is correct.

2. Getting rid of nuclear weapons....not thinkin' it's such a bright idea.....shhh.....President Tom wants them, kinda bad. :?

3. For the last time, the Iraq war is not about oil. Liberals continue to hold onto this pipe dream and it's so dumb. I've been there, I've had friends die there. If I turn out to be wrong in any way about this, if George Bush said to my face that this was all just about Oil and he really doesn't care how many guys died over it, then I'll believe it and take action.

4. Wrong on Clinton, as is most everyone in the country drinking Clinton Kool-Aid. Research the whole story rather then just that fact.

5. I'm not comparing Obama to a dictator, nor will I ever do so. Same thing with people who try to say he's a closet muslim or stupid things like that, it just damages our Real conservative arguements to why the guy is no good.

6. Your example of 2 cents here and there shows me you don't know a lot about economics. It's like the people who say Cap and Trade wont impact our lives, completely and utterly false. Companies will pass the cost on to us, the consumers. Same thing with Windfall Profit Taxes Obama preaches on implimenting. You honestly think Companies will be excited to keep business in America with government forcably shrinking their profits? Gimmie a break...

ChowsSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#179 ChowsSN
Member since 2004 • 10399 Posts
I have an odd feeling that Obama will get shot before he ever makes it to the House.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 limpbizkit818

I have an odd feeling that Obama will get shot before he ever makes it to the House.ChowsSN

If Bush can make it 8 years so can Obama.

ChowsSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#181 ChowsSN
Member since 2004 • 10399 Posts

[QUOTE="ChowsSN"]I have an odd feeling that Obama will get shot before he ever makes it to the House.limpbizkit818

If Bush can make it 8 years so can Obama.

I was thinking, the skin color might anger some groups of American's enough to grab a rifle and go boom boom. I personally like Obama though and I'd want the man to be president and fix stuff up.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts

Wait untill the First debate, McCain will shred him to pieces.

Hopefully McCain chooses Romney.

GuitarMozart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 GuitarMozart
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
[QUOTE="GuitarMozart"][QUOTE="CWEBB04z"]MarineJcksn

1. This is correct.

2. Getting rid of nuclear weapons....not thinkin' it's such a bright idea.....shhh.....President Tom wants them, kinda bad. :?

3. For the last time, the Iraq war is not about oil. Liberals continue to hold onto this pipe dream and it's so dumb. I've been there, I've had friends die there. If I turn out to be wrong in any way about this, if George Bush said to my face that this was all just about Oil and he really doesn't care how many guys died over it, then I'll believe it and take action.

4. Wrong on Clinton, as is most everyone in the country drinking Clinton Kool-Aid. Research the whole story rather then just that fact.

5. I'm not comparing Obama to a dictator, nor will I ever do so. Same thing with people who try to say he's a closet muslim or stupid things like that, it just damages our Real conservative arguements to why the guy is no good.

6. Your example of 2 cents here and there shows me you don't know a lot about economics. It's like the people who say Cap and Trade wont impact our lives, completely and utterly false. Companies will pass the cost on to us, the consumers. Same thing with Windfall Profit Taxes Obama preaches on implimenting. You honestly think Companies will be excited to keep business in America with government forcably shrinking their profits? Gimmie a break...

1. Thankyou

2. Yea I don't think we should get rid of them

3. Never said anything about the war being about oil...

4. I'm not drinking kool-aid buddy, do some research on the national debt and the GDP, its pretty apparent who took us up in the nation and who brought us down. And yea Obama is 47, almost the exact age as Clinton when he was elected in 93'.

5. ...

6. I know a good deal about economics, I've studied at UT and all throughout highschool for Debate. Economics has nothing to do with the paper dollar. Its all about allocating recources. All we would be doing is allocating war recources to our national health care system. If we're not sick all the time and paying huge health debts the nation will be significantly stronger. Think about it, there are kids who go without healthcare and adults and elder people who are afraid to get adequate care because of debts. What we need is to get people out of debt and focus on international trade. The value of our dollar is going down because we don't have much to show for it. Its not the value of our dollar that counts, its the weight we hold in comparison to the rest of the world. And prosperity doesn't start from the top down like repubs like to think, it starts from the bottom up. Big businesses won't be hurt by taxes. Small businesses might be mildly effected, but once the economy starts flourishing then they won't mind an extra % on what they make. And while repubs like to think that the pres. will directly affect them with their tax cuts that are really hurting us more than doing us good (being that they go towards infrastructure etc.) are sadly mistaking. Taxes affect the whole, so paying taxes is good. If the US is gonna go to hell if I don't give them a percentage of what I make then I'm going to do it. As long as it goes to the right places. The only thing that I don't support is social security, I think thats the biggest bs ever. People should save for their own retirements. So if we got rid of ss and the military debt than we would easily be able to cheapen healthcare.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Ever since the exact moment when Obama got the nomination, his ratings in the polls went up!

Some Hillary supporters are helping him now. And Hillary is going to endorse Obama on Saturday.

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

Social Security was never intended to continue this long anyway, and with the increasing weight of boomer retirees it cannot be upkept.

Paying taxes is needed, but not for a vast majority of the programs that are getting funded. Non-profits do more with fewer dollars. If we really want to influence social issues and help people, this is the best avenue. Tax money SHOULD go to infrastructure as it's part of the public domain. Transportation systems are needed.

Now, healthcare is something I want the government to stay out of. Using taxes to subsidize health care is a horrible idea. it simply won't work. The reason being right in your logic. People would need motivation to take preventative measures as it is much easier and less costly to avoid something than deal with the aftermath. Americans don't function that way. You know what makes people diet? Vanity and Greed. They want to look fabulous at any cost! Unfortunately this doesn't address real health concerns. This is where Greed comes into play. A person knows that health care is expensive even WITH insurance. So they do everything they can to be healthy. High cholesterol? Well eat cheerios and run a mile a day and you'll avoid the discomfort of a triple bypass!

Subsidizing health takes away a big factory in the reasoning to be healthy in the first place not to mention reduces the effectiveness of market forces on the betterment of the industry.

The rising tide raises all ships approach to prosperity is correct, but you can't do things like increase minimum wage and call it a high tide. Excess supply of funding causes demand for other goods to go up, which drives up the supply and the end result is having the same price relative to income. Not to mention that minimum wage only really effects summer help and students. The majority of them don't have the same expenses as the rest of the country so you are helping the people who need it least.

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts

Ever since the exact moment when Obama got the nomination, his ratings in the polls went up!

Some Hillary supporters are helping him now. And Hillary is going to endorse Obama on Saturday.

Rikusaki

or people are bandwagoners

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 LJS9502_basic

ok...

GuitarMozart

Yes...he does want to get rid of nuclear weapons. This is a mistake. It's a deterrent...not just for us but for the safety of other countries as well.

Oil is not in danger of running out right now.

His comment was about dictators being good speakers....did you know Hitler ran on the change platform. Not that I'm saying Obama is Hitler....just pointing that out.

Health care will not be cheaper if the government gets involved. It won't work.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 LJS9502_basic

Rikusaki
That's called planning for future political campaigns. I'm still not voting for Obama. His ideas are either uninformed, naive, illogical....or out there.
Protoford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Protoford
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts

1. Obama only preaches "Change" and doesn't give clear explanations.
  2. getting rid of Nuclear Weapons, and cutting billions of dollars will hurt our people, cutting jobs, and more unemployment, and makes no sense at all, asking Russia to get rid of ICBMs will not work, they will refuse, and if we get rid of weapons, we leave ourselves vulnerable, we need these for defense. War will always continue, no matter what. Even without weapons, people still have Wars, look at the middle ages.
  3. He wants to cut spendings into Middle Eastern oil, the only reason why gas prices are up is because the vehicles in Iraq consume a lot of gas, and we shouldn't even be in Iraq in the first place (The only thing I agree with in regards with Obama), We need oil, we will never run out of oil (the oil supply is endless).
  4. Obama is to young, he has no experience in decisions in critical times. Look at Bush, he was barely in office, he was 54 and still made a wrong decision.
  5. Obama is a great speaker, Dictators are great speakers, doesn't necessarily mean he is one, but it could be possible.
  6. He wants country wide Health insurance, that would mean more taxes, and we already pay thousands in taxes a year.

CWEBB04z

here, hear.

Protoford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Protoford

Rikusaki
I'll believe it when I hear it.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Protoford

It was on the news for 3 hours on Wednesday....

One of the Headlines were:

HILLARY TO PRIVATELY SUSPEND CAMPAIGN ON FRIDAY AND ENDORSE BARCK OBAMA ON SATURDAY.

She will publically concede and endorse Barack Obama on Saturday.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

No, he has much more of a chance than you think. The way Hilary is going, there is going to be a lot of backlash by her supporters against Obama. Many of them may end voting for McCain.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#195 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Yes McCain has no chance. So all you Obama supporters have no need to even vote. In fact i dare the Obama supporters on this thread, if you're so confident don't vote.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Rikusaki
According to the polls, Obama has been pulling ahead since his nomination. This is history in the making, guys. Just sit back and watch the show as Obama beats McCain in the general election.
Protoford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Protoford
[QUOTE="Protoford"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Rikusaki

It was on the news for 3 hours on Wednesday....

One of the Headlines were:

HILLARY TO PRIVATELY SUSPEND CAMPAIGN ON FRIDAY AND ENDORSE BARCK OBAMA ON SATURDAY.

She will publically concede and endorse Barack Obama on Saturday.

The suspension of the campaign is happening, nothing official about leaving the race yet. That is still speculation until it happens, whether on Friday like ABC says, or Saturday like you say, or yesterday like Obama files keep saying. 'She' hasn't said it, yet.
Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts

According to the polls, Obama has been pulling ahead since his nomination. This is history in the making, guys. Just sit back and watch the show as Obama beats McCain in the general election.Rikusaki

Why is it history again?

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#199 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
if obama has hilary as vice he will win mccain has alot of support
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]According to the polls, Obama has been pulling ahead since his nomination. This is history in the making, guys. Just sit back and watch the show as Obama beats McCain in the general election.kool-aids

Why is it history again?

For one, he's the first black candidate.

Also, McCain is one of the worst speakers I've ever seen. Obama would kill him in a debate. Obama is also one of the most amazing speakers I've seen, I saw him speaking at a picnic, nice guy.