Marvel & Netflix To Create Daredevil TV Show, 3 Other Shows

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Well THIS is straight out of the blue.

Marvel announced today that they are going to create FOUR 13 episode TV shows exclusively for Netflix. Starting with Daredevil, the other shows will center around Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. This will eventually lead to a crossover series, 'The Defenders"

It looks like Netflix isn't screwing around. After signing their ongoing deal with Disney some time back, they look to be REALLY aiming to be a powerhouse when it comes to original programming.

What do you think OT? Which show is interesting to you?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

So far I'm liking SHIELD, so I don't have any issues with them bringing out any new shows. As long as Daredevil is better than the movie it should be decent. The only thing with me about Netflix shows is since they release the whole season at once I end up binge watching the season and go into withdrawal after the last episode. That's pretty much what happened after I watched the whole season of Orange is the New Black a few Fridays ago.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

That's the thing with shows on Netflix--it's learning to pace yourself by not burning through them. It's going to be interesting to see what direction Marvel will go with Daredevil now that they got the right back from Fox.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

So far I'm liking SHIELD, so I don't have any issues with them bringing out any new shows. As long as Daredevil is better than the movie it should be decent. The only thing with me about Netflix shows is since they release the whole season at once I end up binge watching the season and go into withdrawal after the last episode. That's pretty much what happened after I watched the whole season of Orange is the New Black a few Fridays ago.

I quit watching Shield.....not interesting at all. Bit emo though.

As for the topic....Daredevil is the most interesting. Though I'll watch the others for a bit to check them out.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

The Daredevil show sounds really interesting. Could be worth a watch.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

I'm getting kinda burnt out on Marvel characters at this point.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

This news made my day. When I first saw the headline, I only saw an image of Daredevil. But a series for Iron Fist and Luke Cage too!?! I'm super hyped for this. I'm curious if it will be connected to the cinematic universe. Heroes for Hire movie down the road maybe?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ad1x2 said:

Makes no sense whatsoever...

Anyway, Orange is the New Black was great so Netflix is capable of making this work...will depend on how much money they are willing to put into these.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Sounds like these are gonna be live action, I'm of the opinion that superhero shows are better animated.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@SaintLeonidas said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ad1x2 said:

Anyway, Orange is the New Black was great so Netflix is capable of making this work...will depend on how much money they are willing to put into these.

With the deal Netflix has with Disney, I don't see them skimping out on production values.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@cain006 said:

Sounds like these are gonna be live action, I'm of the opinion that superhero shows are better animated.

I can understand, especially if the superheroes are reliant on powers--flying, laser sight, what have you. But with someone like Daredevil, I think the live-action route could be a perfect fit.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cain006

@hallenbeck77: Eh I like most action scenes better when they're animated regardless of powers. I enjoyed the fights in Batman Under the Red Hood than any of the live action movies for example.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaintLeonidas

Wonder how much, if at all this will tie into either Agents of Shield or the current Marvel films.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cain006

@SaintLeonidas said:

House of Cards was good but I thought orange is the new black was disappointing. That werewolf show or whatever was awful and Arrested Development was decent to good. I don't have much faith in netflix.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@cain006 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

I thought orange is the new black was disappointing.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@cain006 said:

@hallenbeck77: Eh I like most action scenes better when they're animated regardless of powers. I enjoyed the fights in Batman Under the Red Hood than any of the live action movies for example.

A lot of the DC Animated Universe is excellent. (except Green Lantern and Beware the Batman--they look way too much like plastic action figures) The Marvel stuff...not so much. I kinda prefer their stufff to be live action, but that's just me.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ad1x2 said:

As for the topic....Daredevil is the most interesting. Though I'll watch the others for a bit to check them out.

I have yet to see the last two episodes. I will eventually, but I'm not in much of a hurry.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cain006

@SaintLeonidas: I didn't enjoy it very much, it bounced between being a silly comedy and super hardcore prison drama. It was also incredibly unrealistic and while that wouldn't have bothered me if it only went for the comedy portion it trying to pass itself off as gritty kind of annoyed me. The main character is also an annoying know it all.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Orange is the New Black is great, y'all. House of Cards was kinda good, until the 11th (?) episode where it just fell off of the treadmill.

Oh, and more of the Marvel milking. Yay.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SaintLeonidas

@cain006 said:

@SaintLeonidas: I didn't enjoy it very much, it bounced between being a silly comedy and super hardcore prison drama. It was also incredibly unrealistic and while that wouldn't have bothered me if it only went for the comedy portion it trying to pass itself off as gritty kind of annoyed me. The main character is also an annoying know it all.

Incredibly unrealistic?...considering it is based on a true story...I'd say its about as realistic as it can get for such a show. Dramatized? Sure, unrealistic? No.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Daredevil/Iron Fist crossover incoming

Edit: Hopefully sometime before or after The Defenders crossover

I would like a Black Panther movie about T'Challa's origins and then a television series about his current activities.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

I saw this earlier today, looking forward to it. On the surface it has a lot of potential!

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Go Netflix Go!

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cain006

@SaintLeonidas: Prisoners running the kitchen. Nearly every prison employee abusing their powers. Piper being denied food for days and nobody will do anything about it. Almost entire prison chases a chicken. And much more, I forgot a lot about the show I watched it relatively quickly after it released.