man or woman who faces more hardship in life ?

• 51 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I think a middle class housewife or a single working mother faces more hardship in life ( Bringing up the children ( is very difficult task ... imo ), taking care of whole family n household, cook, lots of other chores, juggling between work and home can be very tiring if you can't afford a nanny). A average working guy also has to bust his balls bringing income to family but he dosen'tve to bring up kids or manage household on top of work normally.

Making this thread as i see how one of our relatives ( a widow, poor after husbands death ) is going through very rough times bringing up two children also got a job.Our whole family respects her most.

Whats your opinion OT ? :)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

A man who fights to get custody of his kids?

I don't know about other countries, but in Norway it is assumed that the mother is the best one to take care of the children. Even if she is a drug addict or alcoholic, she is assumed to be better at raising the children than their father. Even if he has a job and makes enough money to have his own place, food on the table, clothes, and toys(for himself as well as the kid(s)).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I think this goes without saying but it depends on the situation. A single dad in the same situation you described wouldn't have it any easier.

My cousin has 2 kids, their mom couldn't care less about them so she washed her hands out of the deal and left them with him; they're both in college and the costs are really high, meaning he works 10-12 hours a day 5 days a week in 2 jobs and has a part-time on weekends.

Now if you mean in general, than due to prejudice, women have it harder, but generalisations are never good =)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Women.

Men don't know how good they got it. Spoiled bastards !

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

Lonely people with disabilities face more hardship than happily married couples.

That is because happily married couples have their kids and family to look after them when they will be sick and old and will no longer be able to take care of themselves.

No one wants to die alone but if you are ugly and poor then you must face the possibility that you will be lonely for the rest of your life and that there will be no one to take care of you when you will be old and sick.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Women.

Go make me a sandwich.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Period

/thread

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Man ....... because the world is getting controlled by a control freak women ... like oprah

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#9 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Man. Any hardship a woman endures there's usually a man waiting at home for her to dump it on.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I don't think anyone can make a decisive verdict on this one, at least if he/she wants to maintain impartiality. Its highly case-dependent and the society and the environment in which the individual lives does make a difference whether he or she will encounter additional difficulties that stem from social norms and prejudices associated with one's sex. With that said, anyone that is quick to assert that women have it hard in general by virtue of just belonging to the female sex is biased and factionally/partisanly charged.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 indzman

@korvus said:

My cousin has 2 kids, their mom couldn't care less about them so she washed her hands out of the deal and left them with him; they're both in college and the costs are really high, meaning he works 10-12 hours a day 5 days a week in 2 jobs and has a part-time on weekends.

What a bitch :(

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 indzman
@pariah3 said:

Lonely people with disabilities face more hardship than happily married couples.

That is because happily married couples have their kids and family to look after them when they will be sick and old and will no longer be able to take care of themselves.

No one wants to die alone but if you are ugly and poor then you must face the possibility that you will be lonely for the rest of your life and that there will be no one to take care of you when you will be old and sick.

Very True.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@ Master_Live

Make your own Sandwhich !

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Master_Live

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Master_Live

Make your own Sandwhich !

Ok, I will ma'am. :(

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ Master_Live

Mam ? :o

I'm a guy. Granted I have certain elegance that some guys find appealing but I'm 100% dude.... So far. :p

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Live

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Master_Live

Mam ? :o

I'm a guy. Granted I have certain elegance that some guys find appealing but I'm 100% dude.... So far. :p

Sorry sir, your name threw me off. :(, :D. :P

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I would never dream of being pregnant and carrying a child for 9 months and then giving birth.

Though men do most of the hard work when it comes to dating.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Generally speaking, and historically, women have it harder.

I don't find that to be true in today's times. Everyone has their own problems, regardless of gender. To assume one has it better than the other is just silly. It's all relative.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@ Master_Live

I know... That was by design.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 indzman

LuLu_LuLu is a LOL name =P

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 12

#22 BlackGenjii
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

@indzman said:

I think a middle class housewife or a single working mother faces more hardship in life ( Bringing up the children ( is very difficult task ... imo ), taking care of whole family n household, cook, lots of other chores, juggling between work and home can be very tiring if you can't afford a nanny). A average working guy also has to bust his balls bringing income to family but he dosen'tve to bring up kids or manage household on top of work normally.

Making this thread as i see how one of our relatives ( a widow, poor after husbands death ) is going through very rough times bringing up two children also got a job.Our whole family respects her most.

You seem like a nice guy who respects and appreciates woman... I like that.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Women.

womanlogic.jpg

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

On average, women, and that's not really disputable.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#25 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Just depends on a lot of different factors. Mostly what class they are. A middle class woman is going to have a much easier time than a lower class man.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Many people would say women.
However society has put in place measures that have not only leveled the playing field, but essentially has given women a step up.

So I'm going to have to go with men. They're the ones working in tougher conditions, expected to lift/carry more, work harder; It's 100x more difficult for a man to win custody of his children, men are at the mercy of women when it comes to children. The Abortion choice is 100% the woman's (not saying it shouldn't be that way), however if a woman knows the guy doesn't want the child for financial/emotional reasons, she can still force him to be a father and pay child support.

Most homeless shelters are for "abused women and children", and so they turn away men (because accepting them causes stress for the abused women); There are more "help" centers for Women in general, people are more likely to treat a women with more kindness than men, etc.

50-100 years ago i would have definitely said women, however in this day and age, "Affirmative Action" style legislation has definitely put those who were once disadvantaged, on a pedestal to help them achieve more. As a result, things have become harder for the average guy, than for the average woman.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

In America:

Women have alot of advantages.

None gives a **** about men. Especially if you're less than anything of a white american.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Depends on where do u live .....but it's relative u can't say for sure which one suffers more....suffering makes a man after all!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 indzman

@BlackGenjii said:

@indzman said:

You seem like a nice guy who respects and appreciates woman... I like that.

mmm i don't think i'm much of a nice guy and certainly don't respect those women who ill treat or look down upon ordinary men, but i'll take it as a compliment lol. :)

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@mjorh said:

Depends on where do u live .....but it's relative u can't say for sure which one suffers more....suffering makes a man after all!

Suffering makes a true human being whether male or female; if the individual has it within him/her that is.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I think anyone in the UK regardless of gender is just as capable of living an extremely happy life.

If you work hard, and consistently aim to improve your situation its no longer about man vs women. Its about taking control of your own life.

My wife is highly qualified, beautiful, intelligent and on the beginnings of a successful career. I shift boxes in a supermarket. So in the context of this thread I would say I HAVE IT HARDER AS A MAN.

However thats simply not true, its my own fault that I didnt make the efforts I am making now to better my life. Not the fault of the genitalia I was born with. When it comes to raising children....its a case of responsibility, which can fall on a man or a woman.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I would also like to add that it is men who often make the "ultimate sacrifice" and give their lives for the freedoms of their family/home/country in times of war. I am not saying women would not do so...however.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

Women. They already have it hard due to most world religions treating them as second class on top of all the other real shit they put up with.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

@Barbariser said:

On average, women, and that's not really disputable.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts
@Nibroc420 said:

However society has put in place measures that have not only leveled the playing field, but essentially has given women a step up.

So I'm going to have to go with men. They're the ones working in tougher conditions, expected to lift/carry more, work harder; It's 100x more difficult for a man to win custody of his children, men are at the mercy of women when it comes to children. The Abortion choice is 100% the woman's (not saying it shouldn't be that way), however if a woman knows the guy doesn't want the child for financial/emotional reasons, she can still force him to be a father and pay child support.

Most homeless shelters are for "abused women and children", and so they turn away men (because accepting them causes stress for the abused women); There are more "help" centers for Women in general, people are more likely to treat a women with more kindness than men, etc.

50-100 years ago i would have definitely said women, however in this day and age, "Affirmative Action" style legislation has definitely put those who were once disadvantaged, on a pedestal to help them achieve more. As a result, things have become harder for the average guy, than for the average woman.

Yeah, I agree. Also men have less freedom. They have to be seen to be "tough", "manly", "one of the boys" etc. Also there is far more intolerance for gay men than gay women.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@mjorh said:

Suffering makes a true human being whether male or female; if the individual has it within him/her that is.

Yeah , i meant human race actually by "man" .

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

And let's not forget hostage situations. Who do the cops demand for release first? WOMEN and children. Who were the first off the Titanic? WOMEN and children.

Like men just embrace death a lot easier or something in society's eyes.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#39 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

1: quantifying 'hardship' with correct parameter (if such a thing even exists)

2: figuring out how a dynamic between 'x' amount of 'hardship' works with relative perception

my opinion is that this is impossible to figure out correctly

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

Is it harder for society to place you in a role where you are judged by your looks, don't have to bear the full responsibilities of your actions, and have to be the primary guardian of kids?

Or is it harder for society to give you the role where you are judged by your skills and earning power, where you are instantly demonized for your actions, where you are expected to sacrifice your life for women and children, where you serve in wars, and the resources you earn get used up by your spouse and children more than by you?

Woman's role in society seems a lot easier and safer. Sign me up for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Based upon a worldview as well as a historical one, going to have to go with women..

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

I would say in the united states men have it harder but anywhere else women have it harder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@stationplay_4 said:

I would say in the united states men have it harder but anywhere else women have it harder.

That's a very specific view. Care to elaborate?

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 stationplay_4

@korvus said:

@stationplay_4 said:

That's a very specific view. Care to elaborate?

Well in the United States at least in my experience women have a lot of advantages when it comes to certain things like custody, divorce, access to government help, access to things like abuse shelters, etc. Women also don't have to sign up for selective service. Women are also almost always treated better in my experience and someone is a lot more likely to be nice to a women than a male. Especially if it is an attractive women. Now men in the United States are still expected to be the primary breadwinner in the families and are expected to work harder and work more. In divorce men basically get screwed in the United States. I know a lot of guys that basically lost everything to divorce and had to get back on their feet from losing their house and everything. I mean I'm sure there are a lot of situations that will vary all over the country but in my opinion women do indeed have a lot of advantages in the United States at least. Now I say women have it harder elsewhere because of the middle east and the blatant lack of respect for women all across the world. In those parts of the world women do indeed have it a lot harder since they are basically treated like a second class citizen. I can't speak for places like Canada or Western Europe though so I don't know. But that's my general rough opinion on that though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@stationplay_4: I'm Portuguese and a lot of what you said also applies, so it's not a situation exclusive to the States, but you were replying based on "this how it is where I live" and not "I've lived pretty much everywhere in the world and these are my conclusions" which is what it sounded to me at first =P

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stationplay_4

@korvus said:

@stationplay_4: I'm Portuguese and a lot of what you said also applies, so it's not a situation exclusive to the States, but you were replying based on "this how it is where I live" and not "I've lived pretty much everywhere in the world and these are my conclusions" which is what it sounded to me at first =P

well yea i can see where the confusion came from sorry about that. haha when i said anywhere else i really meant more like middle east and the eastern world. i was just watching a thing on libya. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@stationplay_4: No love for Europe, as usual ='( It's all good man ^_^

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Neither and both.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@horgen said:

A man who fights to get custody of his kids?

I don't know about other countries, but in Norway it is assumed that the mother is the best one to take care of the children. Even if she is a drug addict or alcoholic, she is assumed to be better at raising the children than their father. Even if he has a job and makes enough money to have his own place, food on the table, clothes, and toys(for himself as well as the kid(s)).

That sounds more like Sweden. But I suppose I can believe a plague like that has spread to Norway since Sweden is pretty much sniffing Norway's ass (they border each other). I've read and heard that Sweden is shitting on fathers when it comes to child custody. Sweden is also the country where girls have dumped their boyfriends because they refused to sit on the toilet and pee like a girl. If you look at a gender equality index, you'll notice Sweden near or at the top. Of course, when women are shitting on men, it's called "equality", but if it's the other way around, it's called "oppression".

You can read this article for more info: Link