Man of Steel redefined the meaning of Plot Hole

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
i thought it was good... i thought iron man 3 was the best of the iron man movies too... i don't understand the hate for either of these movies.
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

[QUOTE="HomicidalCherry"]

No, I just thought the movie was filled with lazy storytelling.  To be fair, I'm nitpicking with some of plot holes, but other ones are legitimate problems with the movie.  Kevin Kostner's death lacked emotional impact for me for two reasons.  The first was that some of the scenes that fleshed him out more happened later in the movie.  But the main one was that I was literally face palming about how ridiculous and unbelievable the scene was while it was happening.  It's not hard to come up with a similar situation that actually makes sense and forces Clark to make the same choice so it's just laziness and bad storytelling that they didn't come up with something different.

The temporary blackhole nonsense was the same thing.  They could have come up with a less clumsy plot device.  Instead they chose something ridiculous that took me out of the movie.  If they were bending science to do something really clever or interesting with the plot, I'd be ok with it.  But it was just a completely standard figure out the villain's weakness and exploit it so there's just no excuse for it being so stupid.  You're right, Man of Steel uses many plot devices that have been around for centuries, but it doesn't use them well.  That's the problem.

HomicidalCherry

This is not a normal black hole. It's a portal to the phantom zone. Someone else already said this. It's been a part of Superman lore forever... They did sort of throw around the term "black hole" which I found weird. They used the word on Krypton too when they were first sent to the Phantom Zone. Apparently they use a black hole to send them there or something. If you have an issue with the use of the term then I understand. But they never used a literal black hole. 

I mean they were going on about black holes and singularities in the movie so I assumed.  I looked into it more and looks like you're right.  That is better than an actual black hole at least.

Well Superman goes on about the phantom drives, and talks about the phantom zone. Whereas, I believe that the humans refer to it as a black hole, which would make sense since humans don't know anything about phantom drives.

Hunnenkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Hunnenkoenig
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

To the best of my knowledge there really isn't one. There are a lot of negative things you can say about Man of Steel, but an inconsistent plot isn't really one of them. Serraph105

Haha... then google "plot holes man of steel"

You are not really bright if you didn't see them.

It is all over the place.

BTW: one of the worst movies ever. No wonder, when Cristopher "f.u.c.k.i.n.g" Nolan was involved.

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

[QUOTE="HomicidalCherry"]

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

This is not a normal black hole. It's a portal to the phantom zone. Someone else already said this. It's been a part of Superman lore forever... They did sort of throw around the term "black hole" which I found weird. They used the word on Krypton too when they were first sent to the Phantom Zone. Apparently they use a black hole to send them there or something. If you have an issue with the use of the term then I understand. But they never used a literal black hole. 

StrifeDelivery

I mean they were going on about black holes and singularities in the movie so I assumed.  I looked into it more and looks like you're right.  That is better than an actual black hole at least.

Well Superman goes on about the phantom drives, and talks about the phantom zone. Whereas, I believe that the humans refer to it as a black hole, which would make sense since humans don't know anything about phantom drives.

Zod called it a black hole on Krypton. He said something about banishing him to an eternal hell in the middle of a black hole if I remember correctly. But I know it was mentioned during the Krypton arc.

Avatar image for HomicidalCherry
HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 HomicidalCherry
Member since 2009 • 959 Posts

StrifeDelivery

I only saw the movie once so I don't remember who mentioned black holes.  All I remember is that, forever reason, I walked out of the theater thinking they basically just crashed two warp drives together to make a black hole that disappeared 30 seconds later.  I saw the movie with 3 other friends and we all interpretted it the same way, but then again, none of us have much background on Superman.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
Well I don't know about that but the film is trash.