LeBron is going back to Cleveland

#1 Posted by Aljosa23 (24760 posts) -

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

Return of the King.

#2 Posted by Master_Live (14206 posts) -

Yes, just yes.

#3 Posted by dave123321 (33796 posts) -

for6iven

#4 Posted by Korvus (3238 posts) -

So basically what's he's saying is "I wanted rings quickly so I told Cleveland to go fuck themselves because they weren't good enough; now I have rings and an opportunity to come back and reshape Cleveland the way I want, so it'll do".

Either way, it should be interesting.

#5 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26055 posts) -

Practically had to at this point. Would have been an act of human cruelty if he decided to stay with the Heat.

#6 Posted by Elpresador-911 (204 posts) -

Great news for the city of cleveland, hopefully manziel works out for the browns as well.

#7 Posted by lostrib (34691 posts) -

Great news for the city of cleveland, hopefully manziel works out for the browns as well.

lol, it's the browns, they're still going to suck

#8 Posted by InEMplease (6333 posts) -

Was LabRon the one with the vidya game?

#9 Posted by sonicare (53451 posts) -

Gotta say, I have gone from a hater to a fan. I'm impressed by what he wrote and his decision to go back to his home town and try and win as opposed to just join up with a couple of superstars for easy titles.

#10 Posted by robdacool (21 posts) -

I've lived in Cleveland for years and just now learned there is a basketball team here...lol

#11 Posted by lostrib (34691 posts) -

@sonicare said:

Gotta say, I have gone from a hater to a fan. I'm impressed by what he wrote and his decision to go back to his home town and try and win as opposed to just join up with a couple of superstars for easy titles.

That's basically what he did when he left Cleveland in the first place

#12 Posted by picklesurprise (177 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

Return of the King.

LOL better go swap your Heat jersey for a Cavs one now.

#13 Edited by PSP107 (11863 posts) -

for6iven

He sticking with number 6 or going back to 23?

@korvus said:

So basically what's he's saying is "I wanted rings quickly so I told Cleveland to go fuck themselves because they weren't good enough; now I have rings and an opportunity to come back and reshape Cleveland the way I want, so it'll do".

#14 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150376 posts) -

BFD. Hopefully it stops being a story now.

#15 Posted by Elpresador-911 (204 posts) -

@lostrib: Browns will be beasts next season, they're being built like the Seahawks

#16 Edited by amari24 (1898 posts) -

@PSP107: Might be sticking with "6" to increase jersey sales and to represent the new part of his career and what not.

#17 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

@sonicare said:

Gotta say, I have gone from a hater to a fan. I'm impressed by what he wrote and his decision to go back to his home town and try and win as opposed to just join up with a couple of superstars for easy titles.

As have I, and I was the King of the Lebron Haters. Now I can say I am a fan of his. I support him 100% for his decision to go back home.

#18 Posted by fueled-system (6257 posts) -

Cant wait for Lebron and the cavs going against Durant and the Wizards in the NBA finals in two years

#19 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

Cant wait for Lebron and the cavs going against Durant and the Wizards in the NBA finals in two years

That's not possible, the Cavs and Wizards are in the East.

#20 Edited by Aljosa23 (24760 posts) -

99.9% sure he won't go back to 23. He didn't pick that in Miami because he thinks no one but Jordan should have that number.

#21 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8220 posts) -

Finally some excitement here in ohio. I loved the essay he wrote.

#22 Edited by PSP107 (11863 posts) -

@amari24 said:

@PSP107: Might be sticking with "6" to increase jersey sales and to represent the new part of his career and what not.

That makes sense, but I'll argue everybody burned their Lebron jersey 4 years ago =)

Finally some excitement here in ohio. I loved the essay he wrote.

You got Johnny Football months ago.

#23 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8220 posts) -

@Aljosa23: he is sticking with 6 I believe his website has him in a 6 cavs jersey and says Cleveland 6

#24 Posted by fueled-system (6257 posts) -
#25 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

@mercuria1_king: eastern conference finals woops

I figured that's what you meant lol

So what makes you think that Durant will go to the Wizards?

#26 Edited by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

Cleveland fans blowing up google

#27 Posted by HighPitcairn (19 posts) -

Cleveland Accepted.

#28 Posted by Aljosa23 (24760 posts) -

"MySportsLegion: As of right now, Chris Bosh will be the highest paid player in the NBA next season. Unreal. Kobe is second."

LOL

Riley has lost his mind.

#29 Posted by fueled-system (6257 posts) -

@fueled-system said:

@mercuria1_king: eastern conference finals woops

I figured that's what you meant lol

So what makes you think that Durant will go to the Wizards?

Lived in PG county area for a while and Wall is trying to convince him to join.. I think it is still a longshot but I can dream as a wizards fan....

#30 Posted by sonicare (53451 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

"MySportsLegion: As of right now, Chris Bosh will be the highest paid player in the NBA next season. Unreal. Kobe is second."

LOL

Riley has lost his mind.

well at least its bosh and not wade. Wade is done.

#31 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Time to get a Lebron Cavs jersey.

#32 Posted by Netret0120 (2041 posts) -

I wonder what the fans who burned his jersey are thinking about this.

#33 Posted by yokofox33 (29375 posts) -

As a Heat fan obviously I'm sad, but I can't get upset at a guy who brought life to a franchise, won 2 titles, MVPs, and wanted to go home. Luckily the East is so pathetic that Miami might actually field a competitive team next year with Bosh and a couple more solid FA signings.

#34 Edited by PSP107 (11863 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

"MySportsLegion: As of right now, Chris Bosh will be the highest paid player in the NBA next season. Unreal. Kobe is second."

LOL

Riley has lost his mind.

If he overpays for Deng and Wade,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,