Latest Snowden Poll Results: 55% Say Whistleblower; 34% Say Traitor

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

A global hero...taking bullshit down to zero

rJAdaoe.jpg

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

Snowden may be a hero to some but if he is captured by terrorists and the information he has on his laptops can cause damage how quickly do you think he would break under torture? Or would he even make an attempt to resist? Those facts make him dangerous, NSA leaks or not.ad1x2

Everyone breaks under torture. It's just a matter of how far you're willing to go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
If I was a white american i would feel like snowden is a traitor to my family secrets
Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts

A global hero...taking bullshit down to zero

rJAdaoe.jpg

wis3boi
I wouldn't say a global hero.. He'll be the reason we lose allies..
Jainsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Jainsblog
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The NSA is too big. Too many people, too many computerized systems. Of course it is like a sieve. There could be many more infiltrators who work for foreign governments. But they don't go public. Then the NSA could then be used against Americans.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38682 Posts
i don't think he's a whistle-blower per se... maybe a flashlight-shiner. he simply exposed activity of the government that, while scumbagish, was technically legal..
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

i love how nobody realizes that non one ITT is supporting the espionage. it's the other information he stole we have a problem with.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#58 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41552 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

ITT: a lot of scum defending U.S. espionage. Ironic how the americans propagate freedom of speech but try to control the flow of information themselves.

JML897

Why does it have to be one side or the other? Why can't I just think everyone involved kinda sucks?

I don't think anyone is really saying "YAY NSA SPYING"

I can't believe there are people who call out Snowden, refusing to call him a hero or whistleblower and they get affiliated with siding with the government, which isn't true at all. There's a side that thinks they are BOTH wrong (something I agree with).
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

ITT: a lot of scum defending U.S. espionage. Ironic how the americans propagate freedom of speech but try to control the flow of information themselves.

nintendoboy16

Why does it have to be one side or the other? Why can't I just think everyone involved kinda sucks?

I don't think anyone is really saying "YAY NSA SPYING"

I can't believe there are people who call out Snowden, refusing to call him a hero or whistleblower and they get affiliated with siding with the government, which isn't true at all. There's a side that thinks they are BOTH wrong (something I agree with).

Exactly. Just because you dislike one side doesn't mean you're siding with the other. The whole situation is a mess.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts
You should have added an option for idiot, that's where my vote would go.
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
He's a traitor. His actions and movements prove this now more than anything.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58370 Posts

Why are we talking about Snowden?

When someone blows the whistle on something.

we should focus on what was revealed not the whistleblower.

Blue-Sky

agreed

I am a little shocked there is no supreme court case about this yet.  If a local police department had bugged one person's house without a warrant, there'd be a multi-million dollar lawsuit lol.

I'd like to think this is potentially impeachment-level stuff.  You never know.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I guess the gov't is happy letting us chase the man, not the matter.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38682 Posts

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

Why are we talking about Snowden?

When someone blows the whistle on something.

we should focus on what was revealed not the whistleblower.

mrbojangles25

agreed

I am a little shocked there is no supreme court case about this yet.  If a local police department had bugged one person's house without a warrant, there'd be a multi-million dollar lawsuit lol.

I'd like to think this is potentially impeachment-level stuff.  You never know.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I guess the gov't is happy letting us chase the man, not the matter.

keep the peeps distracted by the pretty colors and loud noises coming from their tvs.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
He's a whistleblower but not a hero, his actions put a lot of people in danger, and I doubt he did it purely for the goodness of his heart.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

He's both.

Avatar image for HomicidalCherry
HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 HomicidalCherry
Member since 2009 • 959 Posts

He's a whistle-blower and I wish there were more people like him.  He basically ruined his entire life to reveal important information to the American public.  His actions since then may not be the actions of a pure, idealistic hero, but I really respect him for what he did.  What he did took real courage and I can only guess at his motivations but I'd like to think he wanted to do the right thing.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
i don't trust people that play with the lives of others for ideals.frannkzappa
Your entire political philosophy is based on controlling the lives of others for the sake of your ideals.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

He's a whistleblower but not a hero, his actions put a lot of people in danger, and I doubt he did it purely for the goodness of his heart.tagyhag

the only person in danger is hismelf

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]He's a whistleblower but not a hero, his actions put a lot of people in danger, and I doubt he did it purely for the goodness of his heart.wis3boi

Uh, no. Say what you will about the government in general, but the people working with them are still people. Just like anyone else.
OBLOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 OBLOK
Member since 2004 • 1257 Posts

The guy is a true patriot, the government are the traitors.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I hope he gets away.  No matter how you feel our governement is way out of control.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I think its hilarious to watch politicans try to make him out to be some kind of traitor. Its almost as if no one in Washington sees the irony behind charging Snowden with espionage for revealing the United States government's spying on its own citizens.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
So he's in Russia now? Anyone else see the irony in someone who is critical of a government spying on its citizens having to seek asylum in Russia?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mrbojangles25

So he's in Russia now? Anyone else see the irony in someone who is critical of a government spying on its citizens having to seek asylum in Russia?Engrish_Major

yeah, a citizen of the so-called "land of the free" has to seek asylum in a place known for oppressing its people for hundreds of years (especially for most of the 20th century)

there is a Yakov Smirnoff joke in there, somewhere...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]He's a whistleblower but not a hero, his actions put a lot of people in danger, and I doubt he did it purely for the goodness of his heart.nintendoboy16

Uh, no. Say what you will about the government in general, but the people working with them are still people. Just like anyone else.

who did he put in danger?

Not like he leaked CIA secrets about specific agents in critical areas *coughScooterLibbycoughcough*

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts
Why would he be considered a traitor? A lot of people here are in support for capitalism I see :| 1984 all over again
ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts

The guy is a true patriot, the government are the traitors.

OBLOK
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]i don't trust people that play with the lives of others for ideals.Laihendi
Your entire political philosophy is based on controlling the lives of others for the sake of your ideals.

^^
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

mrbojangles25

Not like he leaked CIA secrets about specific agents in critical areas *coughScooterLibbycoughcough*

With the amount of information he has, likely a lot of people. I especially don't trust him after he said he joined the NSA ONLY for that reason.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]He's a whistleblower but not a hero, his actions put a lot of people in danger, and I doubt he did it purely for the goodness of his heart.Ackad
A lot of people in danger as in Republicans, corrupted politicians, and lobbyists? He did the right thing.

I may not be a backing of politicians actions, but is putting them in danger worth it?

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BossPerson

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Uh, no. Say what you will about the government in general, but the people working with them are still people. Just like anyone else.nintendoboy16

With the amount of information he has, likely a lot of people. I especially don't trust him after he said he joined the NSA ONLY for that reason.

List some specific dangers that some people could be in because of his leaks.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BossPerson
[QUOTE="Ackad"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]He's a whistleblower but not a hero, his actions put a lot of people in danger, and I doubt he did it purely for the goodness of his heart.nintendoboy16
A lot of people in danger as in Republicans, corrupted politicians, and lobbyists? He did the right thing.

So, you think those people deserve to be killed?

Who is going to kill them? Are you listening to yourself?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 nintendoboy16
Who is going to kill them? Are you listening to yourself?BossPerson
Okay, I went too far, which is why I edited the post. But still, with the amount of information he has I do think he still put a lot of people in danger. Who knows what else he has. I'm leaving it at that.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
He's an idiot.
SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SwagSurf
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]Who is going to kill them? Are you listening to yourself?nintendoboy16
Okay, I went too far, which is why I edited the post. But still, with the amount of information he has I do think he still put a lot of people in danger. Who knows what else he has. I'm leaving it at that.

Releasing info about World surveillance (PRISM) and releasing files of the NSA demanding Verizon to hand over their customers' data, phone calls, messages, and emails? I guess you won't have a problem masturbating while I'm peeping out from your window..
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]Who is going to kill them? Are you listening to yourself?SwagSurf

Releasing info about World surveillance (PRISM) and releasing files of the NSA demanding Verizon to hand over their customers' data, phone calls, messages, and emails? I guess you won't have a problem masturbating while I'm peeping out from your window..

Yes but do you know that they looked at your individual data?
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BossPerson
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]Who is going to kill them? Are you listening to yourself?nintendoboy16

well, list some some specific dangers some people might be in
SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SwagSurf
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Okay, I went too far, which is why I edited the post. But still, with the amount of information he has I do think he still put a lot of people in danger. Who knows what else he has. I'm leaving it at that.

Of course, but doesn't that break the 4th Amendment?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]Who is going to kill them? Are you listening to yourself?SwagSurf

Dude, I hate the spying as much as the next guy, but I just don't think with the way how Snowden handled things makes him a hero.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"] Releasing info about World surveillance (PRISM) and releasing files of the NSA demanding Verizon to hand over their customers' data, phone calls, messages, and emails? I guess you won't have a problem masturbating while I'm peeping out from your window..

You don't know that they looked at your specific data. It's just pure speculation.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Okay, I went too far, which is why I edited the post. But still, with the amount of information he has I do think he still put a lot of people in danger. Who knows what else he has. I'm leaving it at that.nintendoboy16

Dude, I hate the spying as much as the next guy, but I just don't think with the way how Snowden handled things makes him a hero.

He's a dumbass.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 BossPerson

I never knew Droid was a guzzler of Obama c0ck

inb4 im "naive" 

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SwagSurf
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Yes but do you know that they looked at your individual data?

You don't know that they looked at your specific data. It's just pure speculation.

How is it pure speculation? That's why there's a backlash with the Government and the people. Also did you know that the NSA building a $2 billlion dollar spy center in Utah? http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"] Of course, but doesn't that break the 4th Amendment?

How is it pure speculation? That's why there's a backlash with the Government and the people. Also did you know that the NSA building a $2 billlion dollar spy center in Utah? http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/

And do you have proof that they've read all YOUR data?
ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Yes but do you know that they looked at your individual data?

So the patriotic act is pure speculation huh? I hope you don't watch Faux news or the other mainstream garbage.
SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SwagSurf
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] You don't know that they looked at your specific data. It's just pure speculation.

Yes let me just break into the NSA along with the Utah Data center and find my files ;) NSA Will Be Collecting Verizon Customers Phone Records Daily Until July 19 http://www.webpronews.com/nsa-will-be-collecting-verizon-customers-phone-records-daily-until-july-19-2013-06
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="SwagSurf"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="SwagSurf"] How is it pure speculation? That's why there's a backlash with the Government and the people. Also did you know that the NSA building a $2 billlion dollar spy center in Utah? http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/

Yes let me just break into the NSA along with the Utah Data center and find my files ;) NSA Will Be Collecting Verizon Customers Phone Records Daily Until July 19 http://www.webpronews.com/nsa-will-be-collecting-verizon-customers-phone-records-daily-until-july-19-2013-06

neato, with no proof you have no standing.