kids held in juvenile center after refusing to see dad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

LINK

Three Bloomfield Hills kids who refused an order by a judge to go to lunch with their father have been ordered to a juvenile detention facility.

"I felt like I was watching them be executed," said Maya Tsimhoni.

The Tsimhoni family was in Oakland County's family court for a hearing on supervised parenting time when Judge Lisa Gorcyca took matters into her own hands.

Read the court transcript as the judge as she sent the three kids to Children's Village

June 24 court transcripts showed how upset the judge was. She ordered the Tsimhoni kids ages 14,10 and 9 to have a "healthy relationship" with their father.

She criticized them for avoiding him and even compared them to Charles Manson and his cult. Gorcyca then ordered the children to apologize and have a nice lunch with their dad.

When they refused, Gorcyca held them in contempt and had each child hauled off to Children's Village's juvenile hall - until they are 18 years old.

"No matter how bad the divorce gets, I think the court should not punish the kids for that," Tsimhoni said.

Tsimhoni admits the last five years have not been easy in and out of court through a messy divorce and allegations of parental kidnapping and alienation.

Her son at one point even tried to explain to the judge why he didn't want to spend time with his dad.

"Because he is violent and I saw him hit my mom," he said in court documents.

But Judge Gorcyca claimed he had been brainwashed.

"Since that day I cannot eat, I cannot sleep," Tsimhoni said. "I cannot understand something like that can even happen in this country."

Lisa Stern is now representing Maya, fighting to get her kids back and out of Children's Village where they have been for over two weeks.

"I have been doing family law for 20 years and I must say this shocks the conscience," Stern said. "I think we have a court with the best interest of children in mind. I think the judge was very concerned about reunification of this family, but went about it the wrong way.

"I know laws were violated and I know that the children were punished for crimes they did not commit."

The Tsimhoni kids are separated from both parents and now each other. Their mother isn't even allowed to visit.

Instead they are forced to live with troubled or neglected children and some who have committed crimes. But ironically, the Tsimhoni children did not.

FOX 2: "Even if the judge felt (their mother) was endangering these children, would this be the proper place to put these kids?"

"No," Stern said. "There are so many steps you can take before you can ... they would never get to a Children's Village."

"I want them back home," Tsimhoni said. "Help them heal, give them the love they need and deserve."

FOX 2 called Judge Gorcyca who did not respond, although judges can't comment on pending cases.

According to documents, they do plan to be in court again to review this case in September. She wants the kids to change but many feel this isn't the way.

FOX 2 called the father's attorney Kerri Middleditch and is waiting to hear back.

The father is the only one that has the power to change it. If he feels the kids learned their lesson, he could have them released. But the day after the hearing, he left for Israel for work and is not expected back for two weeks.

Their mother appealed for an emergency hearing to the same judge, who has denied it.

Stern says she is asking the chief judge in Oakland County Family Court to review the case Tuesday.

wut. What in the actual f*#%? How does this make any sense? The amount of stupidity coming from the judge is astonishing. I feel like I got stupider by trying to understand why she did it. But what do you think OT?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

sometimes people don't understand they are property of the state and they must be corrected.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@magicalclick: I wouldn't be surprised. I find it hard to believe that a judge could be this stupid.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@magicalclick: Contempt of court. The judge ordered the kids to have a nice meal with their father and the kids refused on grounds that he abused their mother.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

@magicalclick: I wouldn't be surprised. I find it hard to believe that a judge could be this stupid.

Not only stupid but some of them are corrupted as hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts
She ordered the Tsimhoni kids ages 14,10 and 9 to have a "healthy relationship" with their father.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

How is this contempt of court? Ordering someone to eat lunch with another person and then punishing them for refusing cannot be constitutional no matter what position that person holds.

Additionally, how does this justify sentencing these kids to years in what is essentially a prison for minors? How will this affect their lives? How will it affect their perspective on the legal system and this country?

Clearly this can't be in their best interest and the judge is a fu­ckin­g lunatic. If this does not get overturned and the judge stripped of their title, how can the legal system not be considered hostile?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

That judge made a bad call and children are suffering for it.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
June 24 court transcripts showed how upset the judge was. She ordered the Tsimhoni kids ages 14,10 and 9 to have a "healthy relationship" with their father.

She criticized them for avoiding him and even compared them to Charles Manson and his cult. Gorcyca then ordered the children to apologize and have a nice lunch with their dad.

When they refused, Gorcyca held them in contempt and had each child hauled off to Children's Village's juvenile hall - until they are 18 years old.

But Judge Gorcyca claimed he had been brainwashed.

The Tsimhoni kids are separated from both parents and now each other. Their mother isn't even allowed to visit.

According to documents, they do plan to be in court again to review this case in September. She wants the kids to change but many feel this isn't the way.

The father is the only one that has the power to change it. If he feels the kids learned their lesson, he could have them released. But the day after the hearing, he left for Israel for work and is not expected back for two weeks.

Their mother appealed for an emergency hearing to the same judge, who has denied it.

Fucked for so many reasons

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I think that calls for a investigation on wether the Judge gets a take from the juvinile detention senter for sending kids there.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

What did the father do to make the kids avoid the father?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Judge needs to be under full investigation for corruption as she may be getting side money from people who own such detention centers. Because that is literally the only sane reason to put all three of them in there, as they've done nothing wrong.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Looks like the judge decided to revise the decision.