Jesse Jackson Tweets About the Chris Lane Murder

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Jesse Jackson tweets that killing of Chris Lane frowned upon and is getting flack about his choice of words as well as being ribbed about his silence on it after 3 teens, 2 black and one white shot the Australian "just for fun" in light of the strong reactions he and other civil rights leaders had about another high profile case.

Does Jackson deserve the heat he is getting for his apparant lack of empathy towards the family of the slain student?  

#2 Posted by CWEBB04z (4644 posts) -
Frowned upon... yea he really didn't care for the dude. My parents used the words "frowned upon" when I was like 5.
#3 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

Not sure why people wanted jesse jackson to comment on it anyways, but he should have picked a better term than "frowned upon"

#4 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

Frowned upon... yea he really didn't care for the dude. My parents used the words "frowned upon" when I was like 5. CWEBB04z

Frowned upon is for like bad manners, not sociopaths killing someone

#5 Posted by DavesAlt (950 posts) -
is this because the guys were black
#6 Posted by Flubbbs (3588 posts) -

frowned upon LOL.. what a shitbag

#7 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

is this because the guys were black DavesAlt

and the victim is white. so yeah...

#8 Posted by Bucked20 (6651 posts) -
Guy probably smoked weed and got suspended from school, damn thug
#9 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
lol @ the response from lil Jimmy Norton. "Why ya frownin' let ya smile be your umbrella or sumtin' tss" Anyway, no one should care what Jesse Jackson thinks about anything. How he and Sharpton are still relevant after repeatedly doing things that have blacklisted other figures from the mainstream is beyond me.
#10 Posted by hippiesanta (9991 posts) -
not surprising ......... jesse jackson, al-sharpton and oprah are racist .... and they have lot's of fix-deposit minions such as Cenk-Uygur
#11 Posted by AFBrat77 (24261 posts) -

[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"]Frowned upon... yea he really didn't care for the dude. My parents used the words "frowned upon" when I was like 5. lostrib

Agreed.

I'm getting tired of the double standards in this country. The media sickens me.

CNN made a big deal about Zimmerman being so bad, and then frickin' Pierce Morgan spins this cold-blooded killing (tonights show) so as the black guy (who openly confessed his hate of whites) who struck down the Australian because he was bored, into him almost not being too bad.

I'm done with CNN. Morgan also made that first witness for Trevon Martin out to be a hero or something (the black chick with the cracker comment).

#12 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -
Frowned upon? Damn, that type of language is incendiary.
#13 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"]Frowned upon... yea he really didn't care for the dude. My parents used the words "frowned upon" when I was like 5. AFBrat77

Agreed.

I'm getting tired of the double standards in this country. The media sickens me.

CNN made a big deal about Zimmerman being so bad, and then frickin' Pierce Morgan spins this cold-blooded killing (tonights show) so as the black guy (who openly confessed his hate of whites) who struck down the Australian because he was bored, into him almost not being too bad.

I'm done with CNN. Morgan also made that first witness for Trevon Martin out to be a hero or something (the black chick with the cracker comment).

Pierce Morgan just hates America.  There doesn't seem to be a whole lot race related to this case, perhaps one member who was racist.  The more disturbing part is the fact they wanted to go out and kill someone  for fun

#14 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

Guy probably smoked weed and got suspended from school, damn thugBucked20

what?

#15 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152397 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Guy probably smoked weed and got suspended from school, damn thuglostrib

what?

He's referring to the Martin case and trying to be sarcastic....
#16 Posted by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

Not sure why people wanted jesse jackson to comment on it anyways, but he should have picked a better term than "frowned upon"

lostrib
Because he always feels the need to speak out when... *Is shot* >_>
#17 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Guy probably smoked weed and got suspended from school, damn thugLJS9502_basic

what?

ooookay, not sure how that relates. But sure

#18 Posted by DavesAlt (950 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

what?

lostrib

ooookay, not sure how that relates. But sure

Tc and his link eluded to that case for some reason
#19 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13650 posts) -

not surprising ......... jesse jackson, al-sharpton and oprah are racist .... and they have lot's of fix-deposit minions such as Cenk-Uygurhippiesanta

wat

Cenk is about as sensible as it gets.

#20 Posted by sogni_belli (950 posts) -

Considering that his son and daughter-in-law are now convicted felons doing jail-time, he should keep his hypocrit, racist mouth shut.

#21 Posted by applesxc47 (10761 posts) -

What a weak reaction. A murder is 'frowned upon'? Are you serious?

#22 Posted by hippiesanta (9991 posts) -

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]not surprising ......... jesse jackson, al-sharpton and oprah are racist .... and they have lot's of fix-deposit minions such as Cenk-UygurGummiRaccoon

wat

No.... he's a die hard fan of Travon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1wpZIsoUT4
#23 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13650 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]not surprising ......... jesse jackson, al-sharpton and oprah are racist .... and they have lot's of fix-deposit minions such as Cenk-Uygurhippiesanta

wat

No.... he's a die hard fan of Travon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1wpZIsoUT4

Where I live, you aren't allowed to shoot people for defending themselves against stalkers.

Also the video linked is by a huge racist, lol why would i listen to anything that he has anything to say.

#24 Posted by CreatureRising (1532 posts) -

The double standard just gets clearer and clearer.  

#25 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -
Much like Al Sharpton, why do people care what Jesse Jackson's reaction to something is in the year 2013? He has no real power. He also said he was praying for the family of the victim and called the violence senseless. I don't really see what the story is here
#26 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5434 posts) -
Poor choice of words, particularly considering the (immature) scrutiny any of his comments on a black on white crime will receive. He was better off keeping his mouth shut - it's not his job to comment on every crime that occurs, and the perpetrators being black doesn't change that.
#27 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]No.... he's a die hard fan of Travon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1wpZIsoUT4GummiRaccoon

Where I live, you aren't allowed to shoot people for defending themselves against stalkers.

Also the video linked is by a huge racist, lol why would i listen to anything that he has anything to say.

So I can attack you for following me while in the mall without repercussions? 

#28 Posted by sonicare (53620 posts) -

I think they are overanalyzing his statement.  He condemned the violence.  I'll give him credit for that.

#29 Posted by foxhound_fox (90815 posts) -
#30 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

I think they are overanalyzing his statement.  He condemned the violence.  I'll give him credit for that.

sonicare

See, this is a level-headed response.

#31 Posted by DavesAlt (950 posts) -
Much like Al Sharpton, why do people care what Jesse Jackson's reaction to something is in the year 2013? He has no real power. He also said he was praying for the family of the victim and called the violence senseless. I don't really see what the story is hereJML897
mhm
#32 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

GreySeal9

See, this is a level-headed response.

Nah, gotta go on about perceived "double standards." Just throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. Like, throw the accusation at that Antonio West deal, even though there's nothing to talk about what with the perps both being arrested and tried. Throw it at that, whoops, doesn't stick. So throw it at something else! Just keep stirring that pot!