Japan VS the USA and the United Kingdom/Ireland

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 8 months, 17 days ago

Poll: Japan VS the USA and the United Kingdom/Ireland (23 votes)

Japan 26%
the USA and the United Kingdom/Ireland 74%

This is going to be fun, lol.

#1 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

What are we supposed to be comparing

#2 Posted by deeliman (2340 posts) -

You should really be more clear about what we are supposed to be comparing.

#3 Posted by samanthademeste (1095 posts) -

@JML897 said:

What are we supposed to be comparing

@deeliman said:

You should really be more clear about what we are supposed to be comparing.

Which country do you like better, and why?

#4 Posted by johnd13 (7880 posts) -

Westeros

#5 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2749 posts) -
#6 Edited by deeliman (2340 posts) -

I've only ever been to the UK, so I can't really comment on that.

#7 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

JAPAN! you can't simply compare this country technologically and socially,because most of the world's technology come from this "Land of the Rising Sun," there's no China? Good,I don't like the way they make copies of the technology they are based on,tablets broke easily with them Chinese components.

#8 Edited by johnd13 (7880 posts) -
#9 Edited by VaguelyTagged (10057 posts) -

superb comparison . you must have passed a course on analogy.

#10 Edited by deeliman (2340 posts) -

JAPAN! you can't simply compare this country technologically and socially,because most of the world's technology come from this "Land of the Rising Sun," there's no China? Good,I don't like the way they make copies of the technology they are based on,tablets broke easily with them Chinese components.

That's a bit of a hyperbole isn't it?

#11 Edited by AFBrat77 (24024 posts) -

USA, beautiful and diverse country, government is a mess but oh well.

loved England while I was stationed there as well

as for Japan, well, after defeat it was brought back up to its feet by the United States, wouldn't mind visiting there though.

#13 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@deeliman: not exactly hyperbolic,I only knew this the most,because I usually have a small percentage of belief in American technology back in my younger days until now,appx. 34% American tech,the rest would be Japanese

#14 Posted by deeliman (2340 posts) -

@deeliman: not exactly hyperbolic,I only knew this the most,because I usually have a small percentage of belief in American technology back in my younger days until now,appx. 34% American tech,the rest would be Japanese

Any sources for this?

#15 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@deeliman: the source is in my mind,I spill it out as my concern for the future of "green technology"

#16 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

I like Japan, because of the culture and because I am interested in the Japanese language, so I will always have some sort of connection / attachment with Japan; although I am more interested in the language, than the country itself.

#17 Posted by themajormayor (25667 posts) -
#18 Posted by MysteryJ0ker (93 posts) -

Atlantis. You're all inferior compared to our underwater city biodome!

#19 Posted by johnd13 (7880 posts) -
#20 Posted by Ace6301 (21388 posts) -

Glorious nippon!

West is best

#21 Edited by lamprey263 (22604 posts) -

Haven't you seen the Final Fantasy 7 worldmap? If so, take a second look...

it's basically a morphed real world map stuck upside down, that little area where Rocket Town is, that's China and they even designed the Rocket in the game after the Long March Rockets the Chinese made, that southern area of the continent where the Chernobyl like even with the Mako reactor happened, that's Russia, Costa Del Sol would be on the Iberian Penninsula in Europe, where the real town of Costa Del Sol exists... now, that entire monstrosity of ethnocentric cartography on the left, that's Japan in the FF universe, and shit even the town there looks Japanese.

That island called Goblin Island, that's the island chain of Hawaii that Japan attacked in WW2... they don't teach school kids in Japan about WW2 but hey they know enough after decades to think of us as goblins. And that continent on the right, that's where the military industrial society hellbent on dominating the worlds Mako resources comes from... in other words, the USA. And at the top of the map, that's where they decided to stick their perceived irreverence of South America, Africa, and Australia.

Frankly, I'm appalled this subversive propaganda exists and was hailed all these years as a classic worth celebrating for its creativity. That 2nd hermit kingdom of Japan can suck a dick for all their Nanking and Unit 731 denial, and this monstrosity of their Japan representation is nothing more the projection of an astronomical ego that's been repressed all these years.

Now, since I can't in good spirit vote for Japan, by default I have to vote for the other.

#22 Edited by hippiesanta (9755 posts) -

Japan

* their language sounds sexy

* 70% people are extremely good looking or charming

* they don't smells and tiptop hygiene

* respect older people

* very open minded to sex subject

USA and UK,/IRe

* barbaric and sometimes embarrasing accent

* 50-55 people are good looking or charming

* body odour from lavender to urine

* dump their parents into old folks home

* more conservative on sex subject

#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149955 posts) -

US, UK, Ireland....English spoken.

#24 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -

Ireland>US>Japan>Uk

#25 Posted by brimmul777 (1083 posts) -

I'm Irish Canadian,so I have got to go with Ireland and Canada.