Islam and the HEALTH FAUCET: A long read on why Islam is right, and USA is...

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 giving_upnoun
Member since 2010 • 232 Posts

Really strange for not having them! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO USE TOILET PAPER ALONG WITH THIS. USING BOTH, BASICALLY.

A brief introduction: As a kid in the United States I noticed that for all your fancy hotels, for the Marriott Plaza, Hyatt or Hilton or other various 3-5-star hotels, the American people are... well in my opinion kind of gross individuals who don't have proper hygiene. I don't mean any offense by that, it's just culture shock!

What is the health faucet? Well first came the bidet. It was invented by the French, and in the Arab world for example, it was used up until the mid 1990's when better technology was introduced. Here is its Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet

These are basically tools used to clean your butt after you defecate. In the US and other European or Western areas... you guys just wipe with dry toilet paper and that's it :? . My gosh you have no idea how unpleasant that seems to me.

a bidetanother one

These are some models, which are pretty retro.

There are also different ways to operate them, as seen here and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooNaPJoZnOMand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHnq3cLHTPE&playnext=1&videos=YxYteIf8Ir0&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh%2Bdiv-1r-4-HM . Sorry for no linky GameSpot are being glitchy so the whole undisclosed tags thing is acting up.

Afterwards came the health faucet, however when I was still in school all my teachers would affectionately call it "the hose". In fact senior year we had a new teacher and he was like going on and on about how "it feels awesome" and he was just absolutely loving it.

Anyway this is its Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_faucet , and for good measure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygiene_in_Islam ,which is some limited stuff about Islam's hygienic practices.

dfshealth faucet

It basically does look just like a hose, especially when I can barely find anything on it on the Internet as the Internet is dominated by Western civilization so stuff like this is difficult to find. Google haven't been very helpful, or there just aren't any videos on the matter.

What you do is you pick it up, put it behind you and press the trigger to cleanse yourself. As a kid my parents would tell me that I need to use soap every time I pooped to clean my butt along with this, but I really felt a bit too squeamish or uncomfortable doing that so I would just use the nozzle and turn it to hot water to make it clean.

Anyway I'm betting not one person has every seen this device or are familiar with it, and one has to ask, why the USA doesn't have it. I've always wanted to raise awareness for it.

*also the topic title was just supposed to be an attention grabber so don't read too much into it

giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 giving_upnoun

I hope you guys read this topic because I spent half an hour trying to find what the name was in English since I only know it in my language.

Then I spent 2 hours trying to find videos on Youtube or any other place showing the use of the health faucet but I just couldn't find anything.

Heck if I knew how to do it myself I would show an example by using my own toilet, but alas I neither have a video camera on hand nor the means to put something on Youtube for the entire world to see.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask because the information I posted was more limited than I wanted it to be.

giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 giving_upnoun

A here we go, the linking is working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHnq3cLHTPE&playnext=1&videos=YxYteIf8Ir0&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh%2Bdiv-1r-4-H and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooNaPJoZnOM

nintend-man86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 nintend-man86
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

im muslim and live in america, doesnt really bother me. i know of people here who use such things, but it just doesnt bother me that much. seems like a pretty petty complaint that some wipes their ass differently

CosmicZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CosmicZombie
Member since 2010 • 1585 Posts

We clean our asses with water, we are superior.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

baby wipes, problem solved

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

lulz, i use tp with a dab of water on the to make sure i get myself clean. im not sure why you assume nobody else does this.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

im muslim and live in america, doesnt really bother me. i know of people here who use such things, but it just doesnt bother me that much. seems like a pretty petty complaint that some wipes their --- differently

nintend-man86
you said the A word, you should fix that
Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts

baby wipes, problem sovled "P.S" not everyone can afford fancy toilets

Chris_Williams
Baby wipes are awesome. I have packets to use at the office. I'm not sure why some people think its badass to be crusty the clown.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

baby wipes, problem sovled "P.S" not everyone can afford fancy toilets

SquatsAreAwesom
Baby wipes are awesome. I have packets to use at the office. I'm not sure why some people think its badass to be crusty the clown.

hellz yeah they are
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

That's what I've always wondered about toilets in the US. I love some of the powered toilets in Japan. Here's pic from one of my visits:

I normally use some toilet paper soaked with water at home since the sink is right next to it.

Hmmm. For some reason, I too love this thread. :lol:

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
Wash your hole with water or with wipe it with paper.I'll take water anyday.Nice thread BTW.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
Hm, I'll pass. Not sure why you'd want to shoot water up your ass. Sounds pretty disgusting and unpleasant.
Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts
Hm, I'll pass. Not sure why you'd want to shoot water up your ass. Sounds pretty disgusting and unpleasant.Dark__Link
up your ass? lolwut?
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Are you implying that everybody in the middle east has a bidet? I find that a little hard to believe if Im frank with you :P. We have them over here too, they are reserved for the aristocracy so its more pleasant for them walking around with the heads up their backsides.

giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 giving_upnoun

Um this has nothing to do with being rich. Every public toilet has them. Muslims are actually clean people and put a lot of emphasis on hygiene, something I think Westerners should practice and follow.

I know some American friends who shower twice a day and all that jazz, but on the other hand you have... urinals, which are not the proper way to pee, and plus some people don't even wash their hands, which while not indicative of an entire population, is still gross as a whole and unpleasant to think about.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

baby wipes, problem solved

Chris_Williams
I was coming in here to post this :P
giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 giving_upnoun

Are you implying that everybody in the middle east has a bidet? I find that a little hard to believe if Im frank with you :P. We have them over here too, they are reserved for the aristocracy so its more pleasant for them walking around with the heads up their backsides.

SapSacPrime

No, they have health faucets. Bidets are outdated.

But not everybody in the middle-east as that region is still a third world area and at best has developing countries just starting to develop. Where I specifically live on the other hand, yes we all do.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snipes_2

Um this has nothing to do with being rich. Every public toilet has them. Muslims are actually clean people and put a lot of emphasis on hygiene, something I think Westerners should practice and follow.

I know some American friends who shower twice a day and all that jazz, but on the other hand you have... urinals, which are not the proper way to pee, and plus some people don't even wash their hands, which while not indicative of an entire population, is still gross as a whole and unpleasant to think about.

giving_upnoun

That happens in your country too :?

Western Countries are VERY Hygienic, probably over Hygienic.

I haven't heard of anything happening at a Urinal that would be classified as unhygienic (Aside from Peeing).

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Yesterdays newspaper is fine for me.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

Oh Come on. People were fine long before these luxuries. No matter how much you clean something it's always dirty. We live in dirt because we produce dirt. What we think of as dirt is just a part of the ecosystem. Sure we have to clean it up and maintain it a bit, but if the world didn't have germaphobes we wouldn't be able to sell them extravagant furnishings and elaborate yet more importantlyexpensive toiletry. $$$

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

Americans are probably over-hygenic buddy. Sorry to burst your bubble. Shooting water at your ass doesn't somehow make you hygenic...

giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 giving_upnoun

What do you mean overly clean? There are some teenagers that actually touch their private areas before going to eat a meal! How gross is that??? I for one don't think any amount of soap, water, and scrubbing will remove such unpleasantness.

Public bathrooms are typically filthy. And I pretty much never eat at a fast food joint. The greasy tables... the unpleasant feel of some of the chairs or chair-couches... I just wouldn't trust myself to eat there. (though small confession, I am a bit, or have been described as being a bit of an OCD clean freak).

Oh and before I forget to mention, the hose is also used when peeing as well. After you pee you lightly spray water on it to keep yourself clean and wipe, naturally doing it while sitting down. Then you go wash your hands.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snipes_2

What do you mean overly clean? There are some teenagers that actually touch their private areas before going to eat a meal! How gross is that??? I for one don't think any amount of soap, water, and scrubbing will remove such unpleasantness.

Public bathrooms are typically filthy. And I pretty much never eat at a fast food joint. The greasy tables... the unpleasant feel of some of the chairs or chair-couches... I just wouldn't trust myself to eat there. (though small confession, I am a bit, or have been described as being a bit of an OCD clean freak).

Oh and before I forget to mention, the hose is also used when peeing as well. After you pee you lightly spray water on it to keep yourself clean and wipe, naturally doing it while sitting down. Then you go wash your hands.

giving_upnoun
Where'd you hear this? I have never seen/heard of anyone doing that. I think Baby Wipes work better than spraying water up your Rear End.
giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 giving_upnoun

Though I wouldn't expect Americans or Europeans to agree with this since you've been so hardwired to just sit and use a scrap of paper that after over 15 years it doesn't feel gross at all. Granted Europe like some parts of Italy and other places are coming around and installing these kinds of toilets.

But like I said, all my Canadian and American teachers that come here, they always say, "the first thing that our friends tell us when they pick us up from the airport is to be ready for the hose and how it works wonders and how great it feels" like it's something to be anticipated, grinning afterwards.

So some of you naysayers, well I think you have to try it before acting on the offensive.

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

giving_upnoun

Ummm...it all depends on location and the area your in...you could say the same thing you just said about ANY country...

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chris_Williams

giving_upnoun
your OCD guess what i'm not, I'm sure people in your country have people who don't always wash their hands when their done using the latrine and as someone said its always going to be dirty no matter how much water you spray up there
NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NintendoNite
Member since 2010 • 728 Posts

Though I wouldn't expect Americans or Europeans to agree with this since you've been so hardwired to just sit and use a scrap of paper that after over 15 years it doesn't feel gross at all. Granted Europe like some parts of Italy and other places are coming around and installing these kinds of toilets.

But like I said, all my Canadian and American teachers that come here, they always say, "the first thing that our friends tell us when they pick us up from the airport is to be ready for the hose and how it works wonders and how great it feels" like it's something to be anticipated, grinning afterwards.

So some of you naysayers, well I think you have to try it before acting on the offensive.

giving_upnoun

Uh dude. Theres no point in washing your butt with water if its dirty sink/toilet water. We americans actually have clean nice almost fabric toilet paper to use. Its not like every toilet paper has the texture of a sheet of paper. Also, using water to merely water is a waste. paper on the other hand can be grown back. Also, how does it feel to know that the water you drink cleaned other people's butt eh?

giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 giving_upnoun

[QUOTE="giving_upnoun"]

NintendoNite

Uh dude. Theres no point in washing your butt with water if its dirty sink/toilet water. We americans actually have clean nice almost fabric toilet paper to use. Its not like every toilet paper has the texture of a sheet of paper. Also, using water to merely water is a waste. paper on the other hand can be grown back. Also, how does it feel to know that the water you drink cleaned other people's butt eh?

Um... what the heck are you talking about? Your post makes no sense at all. Clarify please?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="giving_upnoun"]

NintendoNite

You don't really know how modern water, sewer, and filtration systems work do you?

NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NintendoNite

[QUOTE="NintendoNite"]

[QUOTE="giving_upnoun"]

giving_upnoun

Um... what the heck are you talking about? Your post makes no sense at all. Clarify please?

i could say the same to you
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

giving_upnoun

Well... do you think your partner gonna run and scrub her mouth out after he orshe puts her mouth on your private area? No. So you may as well get used to it.

Besides if you ever worked on a farm you end upsweating all over, probably scratching your ass and groan several times, get **** and all sorts of other crap on your hands then wipe your hands off with a hankie before eating lunch.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#34 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Glad to know my pooping habits are of the utmost importance to you.
giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 giving_upnoun

[QUOTE="giving_upnoun"]

[QUOTE="NintendoNite"] Uh dude. Theres no point in washing your butt with water if its dirty sink/toilet water. We americans actually have clean nice almost fabric toilet paper to use. Its not like every toilet paper has the texture of a sheet of paper. Also, using water to merely water is a waste. paper on the other hand can be grown back. Also, how does it feel to know that the water you drink cleaned other people's butt eh?

NintendoNite

Oh really? Then by all means ask and I'll try to help with what you don't understand. If you had read my posts in the beginning of the topic you can clearly see that I state that if you have any questions feel free to ask them. Obviously you didn't.

NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NintendoNite

[QUOTE="NintendoNite"][QUOTE="giving_upnoun"]

giving_upnoun

Oh really? Then by all means ask and I'll try to help with what you don't understand. If you had read my posts in the beginning of the topic you can clearly see that I state that if you have any questions feel free to ask them. Obviously you didn't.

ask about what? Theres nothing to ask about. What was the point of creating this topic? So that you could flame americans and call them dirty for using toilet paper? Theres really nothing more to a bidet than washing your butt with water. Theres really no discussion here except for you calling americans and others who use toilet paper dirty. Just because we are different doesnt make us more dirty than you. in the end, youre still a dirty animal like the rest of us so dont think yourself as superior
conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 conistant
Dudes dont start fighting.Clean your holes as you wish but the the question is which is more hygenic paper or water.Even in countries like India and Bangladesh people use water to clean their holes.All you guys saying its just wasting water then why dont you start using paper to clean yourselves instead of having a shower.
NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NintendoNite

Dudes dont start fighting.Clean your holes as you wish but the the question is which is more hygenic paper or water.Even in countries like India and Bangladesh people use water to clean their holes.All you guys saying its just wasting water then why dont you start using paper to clean yourselves instead of having a shower.conistant
It really depends on the water/paper used. If dirty water is used, which is probably the case in these other countries, then i cant really see water being more hygenic. Also, cleaning your butt and cleaning your entire body are two completely different things. If i used water for cleaning my butt every time i took a dump AND used water to shower myself, id be wasting more water than if i were just using paper to clean my butt. Also, theres NO way this thread can be a debate on which is better because there are NO facts to support each side. Its just a preference or how you were raised

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jun_aka_pekto

giving_upnoun

I lived in Turkey for a while. Most public toilets looked like a shower stall (curtain and all) with a hole in the middle instead of a drain. This was typical of the Rest Areas we stopped at. I've seen some bidets along with western-style toilets. But, both were the exception rather than the rule with most of those I've seen at the pricier hotels.

I do agree though about rinse and wipe.

I think it's also unfair to target Americans considering the concept of using underarm deodorant isn't well-accepted in the Muslim world. I've ridden buses in Egypt, Turkey and Oman. Many of the locals really need to use some deodorant because from the odors I got a whiff of, it didn't seem like they take much baths either. Of course, I was always courteous since I'm well aware of the insult law.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 conistant

[QUOTE="conistant"]Dudes dont start fighting.Clean your holes as you wish but the the question is which is more hygenic paper or water.Even in countries like India and Bangladesh people use water to clean their holes.All you guys saying its just wasting water then why dont you start using paper to clean yourselves instead of having a shower.NintendoNite

It really depends on the water/paper used. If dirty water is used, which is probably the case in these other countries, then i cant really see water being more hygenic. Also, cleaning your butt and cleaning your entire body are two completely different things. If i used water for cleaning my butt every time i took a dump AND used water to shower myself, id be wasting more water than if i were just using paper to clean my butt. Also, theres NO way this thread can be a debate on which is better because there are NO facts to support each side. Its just a preference or how you were raised

I have been to India and sri lanka and they use clean water.Please dont generalise that if countries are in Asia they are dirty and use dirty water.I would prefer it if people made proper debate topics instead of all the Islam is bad,Muslims are bad and need to die topics but this one was a change.Who cares if people wash their holes or not.We are not gonna go and smell them.
rastaman219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rastaman219
Member since 2006 • 3032 Posts
And on the 7th day God created the underwear. Serious, I dont think you can compare right and wrong between sanitary hygiene. Yes I have a bidet, and im from England. That said, the hoses, I've seen them in Turkey and allways used to clean away my skid marks, not wash my crack. That said, surely touching that before washing your hands is just as dirty if not more so? And sticking a hose that has been god knows where
NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NintendoNite
[QUOTE="NintendoNite"]

[QUOTE="conistant"]Dudes dont start fighting.Clean your holes as you wish but the the question is which is more hygenic paper or water.Even in countries like India and Bangladesh people use water to clean their holes.All you guys saying its just wasting water then why dont you start using paper to clean yourselves instead of having a shower.conistant

I have been to India and sri lanka and they use clean water.Please dont generalise that if countries are in Asia they are dirty and use dirty water.I would prefer it if people made proper debate topics instead of all the Islam is bad,Muslims are bad and need to die topics but this one was a change.Who cares if people wash their holes or not.We are not gonna go and smell them.

just because the water is clear doesnt mean its clean. There could be microbial organisms in the water of these countries and yes this topic was useless
giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 giving_upnoun

[QUOTE="giving_upnoun"]

jun_aka_pekto

I lived in Turkey for a while. Most public toilets looked like a shower stall (curtain and all) with a hole in the middle instead of a drain. This was typical of the Rest Areas we stopped at. I've seen some bidets along with western-style toilets. But, both were the exception rather than the rule with most of those I've seen at the pricier hotels.

I think it's also unfair to target Americans considering the concept of using underarm deodorant isn't well-accepted in the Muslim world. I've ridden buses in Egypt, Turkey and Oman. Many of the locals really need to use some deodorant because from the odors I got a whiff of, it didn't seem like they take much baths either. Of course, I was always courteous since I'm well aware of the insult law.

Um not using deodorant has nothing to do with the Muslim world O_o . You just met really gross people or more realistically the labor class whom don't have any money to be properly clean since they struggle for food and work everyday.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Well considering the only thing coming near my butt crack on a daily basis is underwear and pants who get washed often and mentioned crack gets washed everytime I shower, I don't quite see quite the difference. You wash it right away, we wait a little longer.
giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 giving_upnoun

And on the 7th day God created the underwear. Serious, I dont think you can compare right and wrong between sanitary hygiene. Yes I have a bidet, and im from England. That said, the hoses, I've seen them in Turkey and allways used to clean away my skid marks, not wash my crack. That said, surely touching that before washing your hands is just as dirty if not more so? And sticking a hose that has been god knows whererastaman219

Um I don't know what you mean but you don't stick it inside your anus if that's what you're saying:o .

Plus if you're talking about public bathrooms, I don't know why you'd use them at all instead of the one in your home.

Also Nintendonite I do not want to insult anybody. You're the one who said "I could say the same to you" even though you clearly had no intention of asking any questions.

I on the other hand must ask where you're coming from implying stuff like we drink the same water we bathe in. I mean, why would you even say that? Dirty sink, toilet water? Again, I don't understand what you're saying. Please clarify.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="giving_upnoun"]

giving_upnoun

Um not using deodorant has nothing to do with the Muslim world O_o . You just met really gross people or more realistically the labor class whom don't have any money to be properly clean since they struggle for food and work everyday.

Hmmm. Even the store owners/managers like one who owned a custom tailor shop I frequented rarely put on deodorant and they handled wads of cash enough to make me feel embarrassed. They just didn't care for deodorant. I didn't mind. I just had to make sure my eldest daughter understood and didn't innocently cover her nose.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Snipes_2

giving_upnoun
We don't use a Scrap of Paper :? I wouldn't say the American and Canadian teachers feel that way, they are regurgitating what they were told from whoever picked them up.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
What does that have to do with Islam?
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
Personally, my butt crack is especially gross and could use this.
giving_upnoun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 giving_upnoun

What does that have to do with Islam?LJS9502_basic

In this post: someone who hasn't read the posts :oops: