Is this a deliberate insult against European Christians?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts
why are people only talking about europeans and muslims when they are hindu, jewish and other relgions holidays on there? why doesnt someone pick on them
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

why are people only talking about europeans and muslims when they are hindu, jewish and other relgions holidays on there? why doesnt someone pick on them-Y2J-

its cool to hate muslims. this is an obvious attempt to de-Christianize europe

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

The EU is a **** so no change there then

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Well I don't see what's such a big deal about it and quite honestly the negative response this gets is both silly, rather hypocritical and our own fault in the first place For instance most calenders released only has the Christian holidays on them and the individual nations national day. There are no Islamic holidays on it, there are no Buddist holidays on it, Just Christian. Naturally Europe does not consist of only Christians but also Muslims, Buddist and so on. It's rather baffeling that while having calenders with only the christian holidays is okay, it sparks a seemingly outrage and a " Oh no, The non-christians are overtaking all of Europe" mindset when a calender is released without christian holidays but with the holidays of the other religions. That's basically sheer hypocrisy and paranoia. Not to mention the entire thing is silly since it's a simple calender and if a calender had all of the major religious holidays on them in the first place then this wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. And as far as I'm concerned it's not a insult, it's a way of saying "well if you don't want to include our holidays in the calender then we'll make our own, simple as that" If the roles were reversed, we would do the exact same thing and everybody knows it deep down if you think about it for a moment.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

Well the EU produced a diary calendar that they are distributing in European Schools. But there is a controversy: While The Calendar includes Jewish, Sikh, Buddhist and other holidays (including "Europe Day"), it does not mention ANY Christian holidays (for Instance Christmas merely appears as "December 25").

Oh well, I guess Christians aren't the only ones offended: The Eu spent 28 Million Euros on these calendars, so I imagine European taxpayers would be offended to.

dontshackzmii

Feels like these days liberals act like christianity never existed . These P.C people have gone to far and need to stop. They avoid putting the biggest religion ever on their calender incase the very mention of christianity might hurt some ones feelings .

.. You do realize that in places like the United States liberals are mainly Christian right? Atheism and agnostic ideals are a small minority..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="-Y2J-"]why are people only talking about europeans and muslims when they are hindu, jewish and other relgions holidays on there? why doesnt someone pick on themHarisemo

:lol:

Its a freaking calender who cares..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Well I don't see what's such a big deal about it and quite honestly the negative response this gets is both silly, rather hypocritical and our own fault in the first place For instance most calenders released only has the Christian holidays on them and the individual nations national day. There are no Islamic holidays on it, there are no Buddist holidays on it, Just Christian. Naturally Europe does not consist of only Christians but also Muslims, Buddist and so on. It's rather baffeling that while having calenders with only the christian holidays is okay, it sparks a seemingly outrage and a " Oh no, The non-christians are overtaking all of Europe" mindset when a calender is released without christian holidays but with the holidays of the other religions. That's basically sheer hypocrisy and paranoia. Not to mention the entire thing is silly since it's a simple calender and if a calender had all of the major religious holidays on them in the first place then this wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. And as far as I'm concerned it's not a insult, it's a way of saying "well if you don't want to include our holidays in the calender then we'll make our own, simple as that" If the roles were reversed, we would do the exact same thing and everybody knows it deep down if you think about it for a moment.Treflis
Then if they don't want to include religious days they should not for any religion.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
They best be trollen.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

[QUOTE="-Y2J-"]why are people only talking about europeans and muslims when they are hindu, jewish and other relgions holidays on there? why doesnt someone pick on themsSubZerOo

Eh thatis the common reaction when a movement first starts.....I'd imagine that was the thought most people had in WW2 and we see where that went.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

[QUOTE="-Y2J-"]why are people only talking about europeans and muslims when they are hindu, jewish and other relgions holidays on there? why doesnt someone pick on themsSubZerOo

christians?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I tend to take whipassmt threads with a grain of salt since he usually links to articles that put a heavy slant on something...but assuming this is true, it is pretty stupid.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#62 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Here's an idea. Don't make calendars at all. There's more important stuff to take care of.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LJS9502_basic
Here's an idea. Don't make calendars at all. There's more important stuff to take care of.SolidSnake35
Here here. Down with calendars. Grab a pint and put some footie on. Is that better?:D
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Treflis

[QUOTE="Treflis"]Well I don't see what's such a big deal about it and quite honestly the negative response this gets is both silly, rather hypocritical and our own fault in the first place For instance most calenders released only has the Christian holidays on them and the individual nations national day. There are no Islamic holidays on it, there are no Buddist holidays on it, Just Christian. Naturally Europe does not consist of only Christians but also Muslims, Buddist and so on. It's rather baffeling that while having calenders with only the christian holidays is okay, it sparks a seemingly outrage and a " Oh no, The non-christians are overtaking all of Europe" mindset when a calender is released without christian holidays but with the holidays of the other religions. That's basically sheer hypocrisy and paranoia. Not to mention the entire thing is silly since it's a simple calender and if a calender had all of the major religious holidays on them in the first place then this wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. And as far as I'm concerned it's not a insult, it's a way of saying "well if you don't want to include our holidays in the calender then we'll make our own, simple as that" If the roles were reversed, we would do the exact same thing and everybody knows it deep down if you think about it for a moment.LJS9502_basic

Then if they don't want to include religious days they should not for any religion.

Except their own? Like the "ordinary" calender with only the christian holidays? Yeah, I don't think our discussion will bear much fruit considering you imply in another post that this calender thing will possibly contribute to create another war in Europe.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Treflis"]Well I don't see what's such a big deal about it and quite honestly the negative response this gets is both silly, rather hypocritical and our own fault in the first place For instance most calenders released only has the Christian holidays on them and the individual nations national day. There are no Islamic holidays on it, there are no Buddist holidays on it, Just Christian. Naturally Europe does not consist of only Christians but also Muslims, Buddist and so on. It's rather baffeling that while having calenders with only the christian holidays is okay, it sparks a seemingly outrage and a " Oh no, The non-christians are overtaking all of Europe" mindset when a calender is released without christian holidays but with the holidays of the other religions. That's basically sheer hypocrisy and paranoia. Not to mention the entire thing is silly since it's a simple calender and if a calender had all of the major religious holidays on them in the first place then this wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. And as far as I'm concerned it's not a insult, it's a way of saying "well if you don't want to include our holidays in the calender then we'll make our own, simple as that" If the roles were reversed, we would do the exact same thing and everybody knows it deep down if you think about it for a moment.Treflis

Except their own? Like the "ordinary" calender with only the christian holidays? Yeah, I don't think our discussion will bear much fruit considering you imply in another post that this calender thing will possibly contribute to create another war in Europe.

EU does not represent any one religion. They have included days for some religions but not all. And no...what I said was that problems start small and get swept away because it's minor. Which is true.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Here's an idea. Don't make calendars at all. There's more important stuff to take care of.LJS9502_basic
Here here. Down with calendars. Grab a pint and put some footie on. Is that better?:D

Spot on. We missed the action though. Leeds drew with Arsenal earlier today. Those Prem teams are second rate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Harisemo"]

LJS9502_basic

Eh thatis the common reaction when a movement first starts.....I'd imagine that was the thought most people had in WW2 and we see where that went.

Are you seriously comparing the creation of a stupid calender to the rising Nazi regime what was taking over Europe??? Seriously>?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

Are you seriously comparing the creation of a stupid calender to the rising Nazi regime what was taking over Europe??? Seriously>?

It started small didn't it? Seriously....you cannot know what minor insignificant event...in your eyes...won't have far reaching actions down the road.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]Here's an idea. Don't make calendars at all. There's more important stuff to take care of.SolidSnake35

Spot on. We missed the action though. Leeds drew with Arsenal earlier today. Those Prem teams are second rate.

You are a Leeds fan?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Eh thatis the common reaction when a movement first starts.....I'd imagine that was the thought most people had in WW2 and we see where that went.

LJS9502_basic

It started small didn't it? Seriously....you cannot know what minor insignificant event...in your eyes...won't have far reaching actions down the road.

: Yeah your absolutely right! Oh wait.. The governments of Europe are controlled by the majority of people who are Christian.. Yet again no you have shown nothing even remotely close to relating to that.. If we were to go down this road.. We could make countless of ridiculous claims with this kind of logic for the most trivial things.. After all we are just looking down the road.. The moment I saw Obama not wear that American Flag pin.. I knew for certain that we would turn into a communism!..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

: Yeah your absolutely right! Oh wait.. The governments of Europe are controlled by the majority of people who are Christian.. Yet again no you have shown nothing even remotely close to relating to that.. If we were to go down this road.. We could make countless of ridiculous claims with this kind of logic for the most trivial things.. After all we are just looking down the road.. The moment I saw Obama not wear that American Flag pin.. I knew for certain that we would turn into a communism!..

What I said was that every major event started small. Which is absolutely spot on. But hey...there is always people on the sidelines saying it's minor....not a big deal....who cares. And you can argue against that all you want...but it's true. You dismissed as it not important. You don't know that.

Ubeyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 Ubeyone
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The thing that cracks me up is Muslims celebrate Christmas. Why to know a thing or 2 about Islam there/M55M

Muslims do not celebrate Christmas- who gave you that notion.

That is so ridiculous as to not include Christian holidays within a populace which is dense with those who practice it.

I'm Muslim btw, still it outrages me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="M55M"]The thing that cracks me up is Muslims celebrate Christmas. Why to know a thing or 2 about Islam there/Ubeyone

Muslims do not celebrate Christmas- who gave you that notion.

That is so ridiculous as to not include Christian holidays within a populace which is dense with those who practice it.

I'm Muslim btw, still it outrages me.

Not even the secular version? Great for gifts.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SolidSnake35
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="SolidSnake35"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Here here. Down with calendars. Grab a pint and put some footie on. Is that better?:D

You are a Leeds fan?

Yep. Born there. : D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] It started small didn't it? Seriously....you cannot know what minor insignificant event...in your eyes...won't have far reaching actions down the road. LJS9502_basic

What I said was that every major event started small. Which is absolutely spot on. But hey...there is always people on the sidelines saying it's minor....not a big deal....who cares. And you can argue against that all you want...but it's true. You dismissed as it not important. You don't know that.

yes in a region world where the majority are Christian and the majority control the governments.. This is not even close to what the Nazi regime was.. It was popular movement within the region that was taking over.. The "ignoring" and saying "not a big deal" by other countries is when Hitler had already taken power and was building up a immense military.. So no its not even the same yet again.. Its ridiculous to even suggest such a thing when there is NOTHING similar to it except for the claimed one.. I can give you thousands of "little" things that turned out to be great or bad.. Now there is some cause for concern I suppose on the competency of the governments, but to even start comparing it to Nazi regime on this is absurd.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Treflis

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] It started small didn't it? Seriously....you cannot know what minor insignificant event...in your eyes...won't have far reaching actions down the road. LJS9502_basic

Nor do you know that this could lead up to a major event, it's simply your assumptions just as one assume it won't.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

What I said was that every major event started small. Which is absolutely spot on. But hey...there is always people on the sidelines saying it's minor....not a big deal....who cares. And you can argue against that all you want...but it's spot on.

You really don't think you're overreacting here? It's stupid and a prime example of people walking on eggshells to be politically correct, but come on. It's a calendar.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

is it insulting?....absolutely....an insiduous plot in an effort to thwart christianity?...probably not....

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
That's really, really stupid. I cant imagine which idiots are responsible for a decision like that.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

yes in a region world where the majority are Christian and the majority control the governments.. This is not even close to what the Nazi regime was.. It was popular movement within the region that was taking over.. The "ignoring" and saying "not a big deal" by other countries is when Hitler had already taken power and was building up a immense military.. So no its not even the same yet again.. Its ridiculous to even suggest such a thing when there is NOTHING similar to it except for the claimed one.. I can give you thousands of "little" things that turned out to be great or bad.. Now there is some cause for concern I suppose on the competency of the governments, but to even start comparing it to Nazi regime on this is absurd.

*sigh* The issue is bigger than one event. I used that for an example. ALL major problems between people start off small. And for the WW2 issue.....Jewish people were German citizens as well. That did not stop what happened so I don't see this majority having much meaning TBH. Look.....dismissing events as unimportant is what leads to the problems. If people pay attention to how actions effect others....there would be no problems. Or we could ignore it because it's minor and find out it has far reaching consequences. Now...we're not going to agree on this at all. I'm looking at the "possible" big picture. You are not.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LJS9502_basic

Nor do you know that this could lead up to a major event, it's simply your assumptions just as one assume it won't.Treflis
Do you know that it won't? There was no reason to do it...especially since it's not a secular calendar what with the other religious days on it.
You really don't think you're overreacting here? It's stupid and a prime example of people walking on eggshells to be politically correct, but come on. It's a calendar.JML897

I'm more talking about his answer....not this particular issue.

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Is the U.S. the last bastion of Christianity?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Ninja-Hippo

entropyecho
More or less. Europe is pretty much secular.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="entropyecho"]

Ninja-Hippo

I thought the Muslims are the fastest growing religion in that area.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="entropyecho"]

alexside1

True. If it's secular now...it won't be soon.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#86 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

entropyecho
South America has some countries that are very christian dominated.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] True. If it's secular now...it won't be soon.

It's risen from 6% of the population to 7% of the population in four years. I don't think it's anywhere close to taking over.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] True. If it's secular now...it won't be soon.

It's risen from 6% of the population to 7% of the population in four years. I don't think it's anywhere close to taking over.

Depends on how one defines soon. I didn't say immediately.
-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] More or less. Europe is pretty much secular. LJS9502_basic

run, run the muslins are coming!!!!!!

:roll:

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

I think I speak for all my fellow Europeans when I say: We don't give a flying ****.
Thank you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="alexside1"] I thought the Muslims are the fastest growing religion in that area.-Y2J-

run, run the muslins are coming!!!!!!

:roll:

It's Muslims.....and saying Europe might not be secular is not an attack on Muslims. Unless that is what you assume?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]What I said was that every major event started small. Which is absolutely spot on. But hey...there is always people on the sidelines saying it's minor....not a big deal....who cares. And you can argue against that all you want...but it's true. You dismissed as it not important. You don't know that.

LJS9502_basic

*sigh* The issue is bigger than one event. I used that for an example. ALL major problems between people start off small. And for the WW2 issue.....Jewish people were German citizens as well. That did not stop what happened so I don't see this majority having much meaning TBH. Look.....dismissing events as unimportant is what leads to the problems. If people pay attention to how actions effect others....there would be no problems. Or we could ignore it because it's minor and find out it has far reaching consequences. Now...we're not going to agree on this at all. I'm looking at the "possible" big picture. You are not.

................. LJ your be hypocritical.. There are numerous events every one sees as trivial.. If your going down that route, you may as well as crying out about every local event or other such thing that happens to you.. Going on about how its the beginning of the end or some other dribble.. You can not make this ridiculous comparison to the Nazi party.. This is close to Goldwin's fallacy.. In comparing from the get go of the worse thing you can think of to try to prove your point, a point that is a GIVEN if we see conintuing patterns of.. We haven't.. In fact the people making the biggest deal about this from what I have seen are Americans.. Not Europeans.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
i honestly dont care in the least
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

................. LJ your be hypocritical.. There are numerous events every one sees as trivial.. If your going down that route, you may as well as crying out about every local event or other such thing that happens to you.. Going on about how its the beginning of the end or some other dribble.. You can not make this ridiculous comparison to the Nazi party.. This is close to Goldwin's fallacy.. In comparing from the get go of the worse thing you can think of to try to prove your point, a point that is a GIVEN if we see conintuing patterns of.. We haven't.. In fact the people making the biggest deal about this from what I have seen are Americans.. Not Europeans.

sSubZerOo

I was referring to YOUR statement that you don't care to start with. And it's the not caring that creates problems in any major event.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Bit of a ridiculous decision. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/23/italy-eu-schools-diary-frattini They do claim that they will change the diaries though - so at least they didn't just brush it off.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Europe seems to be doing even worse than North America in integrating muslims into the population. A lot of muslim extremism popping out all over the place over there.
MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

Why is everyone going mental about this American? And why do Americans care?

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Ravensmash
Europe seems to be doing even worse than North America in integrating muslims into the population. A lot of muslim extremism popping out all over the place over there.F1_2004
I fail to see what this has to do with integrating muslims. They have the Chinese dates for instance.....
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
[QUOTE="F1_2004"]Europe seems to be doing even worse than North America in integrating muslims into the population. A lot of muslim extremism popping out all over the place over there.Ravensmash
I fail to see what this has to do with integrating muslims. They have the Chinese dates for instance.....

I guess it doesnt, I was just reading related articles when searching for this in the news.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ravensmash
[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="F1_2004"]Europe seems to be doing even worse than North America in integrating muslims into the population. A lot of muslim extremism popping out all over the place over there.F1_2004

I guess it doesnt, I was just reading related articles when searching for this in the news.

It's just PC gone mad in many instances. It's not even someone who could be offended who complains, it's some middle-class council worker thinking of some stupid idea.