Is There Any Non-Satanic Modern Metalcore Bands?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 nirvana563
Member since 2005 • 2913 Posts
First off let me say that I don't listen to much metal and when I do I listen to old classic stuff like Metallica and what not. But not any Galm.

I was wondering if there was any non-Satanic modern metalcore bands that arn't christain bands or is that asking too much?

You know how old bands still had that dark image or whatever but were not all satanic and stuff? That's more what I'm looking for just a good metalcore band with original lyrics and sound.

EDIT: Please read the re-stated first post. A few post down.
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
So...many...flaws. Can't...address...them....all.... Not all metalcore bands are intrinsically Satanic, as you insinuated. Give me examples of 'dark image'...
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nirvana563
[QUOTE="FragStains"]So...many...flaws. Can't...address...them....all.... Not all metalcore bands are intrinsically Satanic, as you insinuated. Give me examples of 'dark image'...

Like I said I don't listen to much metal. But you know how many metal bands have "Satanic stars" (or whatever there called) all over the place and talk anti-religious and whatnot? I'm more looking for more genetic metal band without a lot of the stereotypes.
elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts

I would just google this if it were me, but since im an avid fan of metal i can help you out myself. Also, i wouldnt call Metallica "metalcore".

You have me a little confused. Are you looking for non-religious bands altogether or non-satanic or non-christian? You werent very clear about this between your topic title and your message

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
So...many...flaws. Can't...address...them....all.... Not all metalcore bands are intrinsically Satanic, as you insinuated. Give me examples of 'dark image'... FragStains
Maybe I am getting old,but what the heck makes a band metalcore versus the 500 other sub-genres of the genre. And yeah,its been my experience in most of metal,bands that have nothing to do with satan usually outweigh those that do.
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nirvana563

I would just google this if it were me, but since im an avid fan of metal i can help you out myself. Also, i wouldnt call Metallica "metalcore".

You have me a little confused. Are you looking for non-religious bands altogether or non-satanic or non-christian? You werent very clear about this between your topic title and your message

elfimis
I wasn't calling Metallica metalcore I just refering back to Metallica.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
[QUOTE="elfimis"]

I think he asking for a band that doesnt include there religious views all over the place.
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nirvana563
Let me re-state this. I'm look for a metalcore or any type of metal band that does not have anti-religious/pro-Satanic lyrics but just has good music and original lyrics that isn't just yelling (few bands that do that I can get into).
elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts
I know im being complicated, but metal is so sub-genre'd so i need a more specific type of metal that your looking for. Try Between the Buried and Me, probably to thrash for someone that likes metallica though.
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nirvana563
I know im being complicated, but metal is so sub-genre'd so i need a more specific type of metal that your looking for. Try Between the Buried and Me, probably to thrash for someone that likes metallica though.elfimis
I'm thinking more metalcore, trash, groove metal type stuff.
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nirvana563
Is Opeth satanic? I have known about them for a long time.

EDIT: Between the Buried and Me sounds ok, a little lighter on the vocals would be cool but if that's how it's done today then I'm fine with it.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts

I dunno exactly what you want, but you should probably listen to Mastodon anyway. Here ya go!

They do a whole cd based vaguely around Moby Dick and other giant sea creatures, or the sea in general.... its pretty much awsesome.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattykovax

I dunno exactly what you want, but you should probably listen to Mastodon anyway. Here ya go!

They do a whole cd based vaguely around Moby Dick and other giant sea creatures, or the sea in general.... its pretty much awsesome.

Witchsight
Are you quoting Frank Booth in your sig?
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Witchsight
Are you quoting Frank Booth in your sig?mattykovax
The actual text quote? It was from a confused young forumer a few weeks back.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mattykovax
[QUOTE="mattykovax"]Are you quoting Frank Booth in your sig?Witchsight

Edit-not the quote. and I see know that it keeps changing. Just one of them the saying sounded like Blue velvet " a bullet is a love letter" speech. And when I came into edit, it is know a nice discreet piece of the La Sexorcisto devil music vol.1 cover. Which leads me to say you have the BEST SIG EVER.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Witchsight

[QUOTE="Witchsight"][QUOTE="mattykovax"]Are you quoting Frank Booth in your sig?mattykovax

Edit-not the quote. and I see know that it keeps changing. Just one of them the saying sounded like Blue velvet " a bullet is a love letter" speech. And when I came into edit, it is know a nice discreet piece of the La Sexorcisto devil music vol.1 cover. Which leads me to say you have the BEST SIG EVER.

Hmm... i think you must have imagined it....

No, that must have been the Alexisonfire sig, and a name of one of thier songs. And this totally isnt derailing because i would recommend them too. Theyre from canada and have tons of energy, but some people dont like the screaming which is silly.

Heres the song in question, dont mind the video!

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
nocturnus is pretty good. their lyrics are more sci-fi themed, they sound relatively thrashy, and id say their vocals arent terribly harsh in terms of metal.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
First of all learn what Satanism is please.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattykovax

[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="Witchsight"] The actual text quote? It was from a confused young forumer a few weeks back.Witchsight

Hmm... i think you must have imagined it....

No, that must have been the Alexisonfire sig, and a name of one of thier songs. And this totally isnt derailing because i would recommend them too. Theyre from canada and have tons of energy, but some people dont like the screaming which is silly.

Heres the song in question, dont mind the video!

Its just very close to the frank booth speech in blue velvet then.
Jay_J333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jay_J333
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts
Metalcore isn't really satanic it's more the Black Metal stuff. There are christian metalcore bands eg. As I Lay Dying
Benevolentbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#21 Benevolentbob
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts

It's very rare that a metalcore band has satanic themes. Why are you listening to metalcore anyway? That stuff is total crap.

smack_masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 smack_masta
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts

Your post is kind of confusing lol, but eh, try Sonic Syndicate- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0FGyhB6C8

haggard_korn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 haggard_korn
Member since 2006 • 3662 Posts

Satan created sub-genres.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Metalcore is for Christians.
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#25 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

click link to find out.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

[QUOTE="FragStains"]So...many...flaws. Can't...address...them....all.... Not all metalcore bands are intrinsically Satanic, as you insinuated. Give me examples of 'dark image'... nirvana563
Like I said I don't listen to much metal. But you know how many metal bands have "Satanic stars" (or whatever there called) all over the place and talk anti-religious and whatnot? I'm more looking for more genetic metal band without a lot of the stereotypes.

Are you talking about a pentagram? Originally they're not satanic...only when turned upside down.
http://adoptanamerican.com/version/imgs/pentagram.jpg

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

Try checking out this song. It's called Anya by Deep Purple.

cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
This is the most ignorant question I have ever hard...seriously do your research man :lol:
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#29 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

Metalcore is never satanic. I had to get that out of my system first. Check out Killswitch engage; they are the only metalcore band I like.

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

[QUOTE="FragStains"]So...many...flaws. Can't...address...them....all.... Not all metalcore bands are intrinsically Satanic, as you insinuated. Give me examples of 'dark image'... mattykovax
Maybe I am getting old,but what the heck makes a band metalcore versus the 500 other sub-genres of the genre. And yeah,its been my experience in most of metal,bands that have nothing to do with satan usually outweigh those that do.

The dark metal geeks made the word up for the more popular metal bands that dont growl thewhole song... Bands that sing and also scream lyrics like Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, All that Remains, Machine Head, Soilwork, etc etc are so called "metalcore". Those are the good bands! Metalcore is where its at, i guess? Lots of bands make fun of the word

Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts
The dark metal geeks made the word up for the more popular metal bands that dont growl thewhole song.krp008
Wow, that was an incredibly stupid statement :|
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 krp008

[QUOTE="krp008"]The dark metal geeks made the word up for the more popular metal bands that dont growl thewhole song.NecroKvltMuffin

Im sorry but its true. didnt mean to offend

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Satanic metalcore... :lol: I think you have better luck finding non-satanic than satanic metalcore.

NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NecroKvltMuffin

[QUOTE="NecroKvltMuffin"][QUOTE="krp008"]The dark metal geeks made the word up for the more popular metal bands that dont growl thewhole song.krp008

:lol: wow guy. Do not speak of things you know of. Metalcore is a fusion genre of metal and hardcore. Hence the name. The hardcore part mostly being breakdowns. It has nothing to do with vocals.
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 krp008

[QUOTE="krp008"]

[QUOTE="NecroKvltMuffin"] Wow, that was an incredibly stupid statement :|NecroKvltMuffin

:lol: wow guy. Do not speak of things you know of. Metalcore is a fusion genre of metal and hardcore. Hence the name. The hardcore part mostly being breakdowns. It has nothing to do with vocals.

Meh, whatever. All i know is that the heavy metal guys sling it around like crazy when trying to diss a metal band on forums

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

[QUOTE="NecroKvltMuffin"][QUOTE="krp008"]

krp008

Meh, whatever. All i know is that the heavy metal guys sling it around like crazy when trying to diss a metal band on forums

Ever thought that, hey, maybe they are actually talking about metalcore bands that they dont like? Personally I like my metal and hardcore seperate. Keep Behemoth away from Refused I say.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

Most Metalcore bands are not Satanic.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

None of them are really satanic - they just use the imagery and lyrics for shock-value, which turns on some freaky-deak fans.

Because lord knows the music alone isn't selling any albums...

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

IMO, "core" and "metal" do not belong together. Ever. I think perhaps you were thinking of non-satanic death metal bands? In which case there are. You don't have much of a metal library if you just listen to satanic metal. In fact, most of death metal is not satanic. Black metal on the other hand is generally satanic due to many of the black metal band members being involved in church burnings, murders, etc...

NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NecroKvltMuffin

None of them are really satanic - they just use the imagery and lyrics for shock-value, which turns on some freaky-deak fans.

Because lord knows the music alone isn't selling any albums...

Netherscourge
Sippin dat haterade
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
If you look at the most popular metalcore bands you'll notice that nearly all of them are Christian.
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
Yeah but they all suck.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
Are you sure you're not confusing metalcore with black metal? I've never seen any metalcore band that has a "satanic image". Infact, quite a lot of metalcore bands are Christian.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts

It's very rare that a metalcore band has satanic themes. Why are you listening to metalcore anyway? That stuff is total crap.

Benevolentbob

That's funny coming from someone with power metal, thrash, and black metal in their sig. Hooray for generic every-song-sounds-the-same bands that all wear leather and take grainy black and white photos of themselves in corpse paint infront of cemeteries and churches because it's oh-so folksy and dark.

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts

I dont think there even are any statanic metalcore bands at all

-Apathy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Apathy-
Member since 2008 • 1069 Posts

[QUOTE="Benevolentbob"]

GettingTired

That's funny coming from someone with power metal, thrash, and black metal in their sig. Hooray for generic every-song-sounds-the-same bands that all wear leather and take grainy black and white photos of themselves in corpse paint infront of cemeteries and churches because it's oh-so folksy and dark.

So you're saying Amon Amarth's songs all sound the same? Does DragonForce dress in leather and burn churches? I've never seen a single band on that list dress up in leather and take photos in front of a cemetery or church. You, sir, are ignorant. And an idiot.

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

Since when in the **** are Metalcore bands Satanic?

Ridiculous.

And I could of sworn that this thread is old...

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Maybe I am getting old,but what the heck makes a band metalcore versus the 500 other sub-genres of the genre. .mattykovax
Metalcore is heavily punk influenced. That's where the -core tag comes from. It's a "fusion" genre of metal (mostly from the melodic and thrash genres) and hardcore punk. It sounds pretty different than most metal so it's easy to tell.

Metalcore almost never has any "satanic" influences. I mean I suggest you learn what Satanism actually is first, as real Satanism doesn't involve worshipping Satan. My favorite metalcore/deathcore bands are Fall of Serenity and newer Heaven Shall Burn (mostly just the new album as it's more metal than core; and no they're not satanic. They were named for a Darkthrone song).

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

um if you want metalcore bands that are not christian or satanic good bands to listen to are

Killswitch engage

Miss may i

Bring me the horizon

darkest hour

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

[QUOTE="Benevolentbob"]

GettingTired

Not true at all. You're focusing on just black metal, and just a small portion of black metal (the early second wave, all of which abandoned that more or less, or the modern imitators). Listen to Peste Noire, Krallice, or Alcest (I guess you could argue the last one as not being true black metal but whatever) and say that.