IS it right or wrong with deathpenalty?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elproson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 elproson
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
I think its right but you should search the evidence real close and be 100% sure that it was the right person that you executed.
Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts
I say cook the worthless piles of dog crap and feed them to homeless people. That way, they'll actually contribute to society.:)
-WhiteSnake-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 -WhiteSnake-
Member since 2005 • 3870 Posts
I think its right, you kill someone then you should be killed...fair trade imo
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
I personally believe that it's wrong....You can't fight fire with fire.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
I think people should be sent to jail for murder/attempted murder, and if after their sentence they go out and commit another murder or attempted murder, then they should be executed. This ensures that they at least have a chance to think about what they've done, and maybe change their ways. Keeping people in prison a second time for such a thing is just a waste of time and money really, because if it didn't work the first time, then a second time is pointless.
Goose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Goose
Member since 2002 • 32511 Posts

I don't think the death penalty would be a good solution even if our justice system were better at reaching the right result. Once you add in the possibility of wrongful conviction, I think whatever potential benefits there may be are outweighed by the risk of executing innocents.

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
No, life in prison should be the worst. As in actual rest of your life in prison, not the get off early kind.
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

Well, I think that killing someone is wrong, (unless you reall have to for like self defence or something).

If you do get the death penalty, I say test drugs on them for like cancer or AIDS.

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
I say cook the worthless piles of dog crap and feed them to homeless people. That way, they'll actually contribute to society.:)Silver_Dragon17
Christ... that wasn't sadistically psychopathic or anything :|
_EvidencE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _EvidencE_
Member since 2006 • 1112 Posts

I don't belive the death pentalty is any good.

think of it this way. Your 30 years old. Would it be worse to be electrucuted for 4 seconds or spend the rets of your life, lets say 50 years, in a small, confined room with notihng to do but stare at bars of metal?

I think it would be harder to go 50 years in jail then getiing electrucuted for 4 seconds. He would suffer more...

Hey_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hey_Jay
Member since 2004 • 7221 Posts
Not one of us has the right over another's life. It is wrong.
elproson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elproson

I think its right, you kill someone then you should be killed...fair trade imo-WhiteSnake-

I think that to but if you think. The real ruff stuff in such penalty is the waitning to be executed. That you now maybe I'm dead tommorow. I think that is the real penalty

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
I think people should be sent to jail for murder/attempted murder, and if after their sentence they go out and commit another murder or attempted murder, then they should be executed. This ensures that they at least have a chance to think about what they've done, and maybe change their ways. Keeping people in prison a second time for such a thing is just a waste of time and money really, because if it didn't work the first time, then a second time is pointless.cjek
QFT
elproson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elproson

[QUOTE="cjek"]I think people should be sent to jail for murder/attempted murder, and if after their sentence they go out and commit another murder or attempted murder, then they should be executed. This ensures that they at least have a chance to think about what they've done, and maybe change their ways. Keeping people in prison a second time for such a thing is just a waste of time and money really, because if it didn't work the first time, then a second time is pointless.Def_Jef88
QFT

What does that mean?

Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts

[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]I say cook the worthless piles of dog crap and feed them to homeless people. That way, they'll actually contribute to society.:)EboyLOL

Glad you agree.:D

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="cjek"]I think people should be sent to jail for murder/attempted murder, and if after their sentence they go out and commit another murder or attempted murder, then they should be executed. This ensures that they at least have a chance to think about what they've done, and maybe change their ways. Keeping people in prison a second time for such a thing is just a waste of time and money really, because if it didn't work the first time, then a second time is pointless.elproson

QFT

What does that mean?

Quoted for truth

Ares0nFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ares0nFire
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
i think death penalty works, yea it cost more money than keeping some alive in jail for life, and yea they do convict the wrong people from time to time, but hey just dont do anything bad and you wont get it. :)
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I believe in it for those who are sentenced to life with no parole. What's the point in letting them live if they're just going to waste the rest of their lives in a prison cell other than to waste tax payer dollars?
Ares0nFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ares0nFire
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

I believe in it for those who are sentenced to life with no parole. What's the point in letting them live if they're just going to waste the rest of their lives in a prison cell other than to waste tax payer dollars?JustPlainLucas

it cost more to kill some one, than keep them alive, i know werid, but with all the court cases and the appeals and stuff like that, it take alot more money. and alot more time.

hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hair001
Member since 2005 • 1202 Posts
In certain extreme cases it is what must be done, where the person is too dangerous to be kept alive, e.g. someone who has many violent supporters who would try and get them out. Otherwise it should be life in prison. That is the real penalty, and if it is found out that someone has been wrongly convicted then the innocent person can be let out
Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

no, no human, no matter how bad, deserves to die.

shufu7-11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 shufu7-11
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
No. God doesn't give us the right to take another man's life, no matter how serious a crime he has committed.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts

I think its right but you should search the evidence real close and be 100% sure that it was the right person that you executed.elproson

That's why they have these things called trials. And yes, I believe in the death penalty. However, I feel the system is extremely flawed.

chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chico129
Member since 2006 • 7964 Posts

I don't belive the death pentalty is any good.

think of it this way. Your 30 years old. Would it be worse to be electrucuted for 4 seconds or spend the rets of your life, lets say 50 years, in a small, confined room with notihng to do but stare at bars of metal?

I think it would be harder to go 50 years in jail then getiing electrucuted for 4 seconds. He would suffer more...

_EvidencE_

4 seconds? Bit more than that mate, there was even a case where a man had to kill himself by bashing his head off of the chair so hard that he died because the sianide tablet they dropped in the water wasn't powerfull enough so all it did was make him start coughing and start his lungs burning...

schox5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 schox5
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts
If we know the person is guilty for a fact, then I believe in the death penalty.
chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chico129
Member since 2006 • 7964 Posts
Nothing can ever be 100% though, that is the problem.
artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
I don't think that we should have the power to decide whether someone gets to die or not. Lots of people feel truly sorry and regret they're crime so killing them isn't helping anyone.
jubjub13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 jubjub13
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

if they arnt completely sure who did it or a person killed another for self defence then they shouldn't die, but if some sick prick was killing children and doing all sorts of stuff like that then they should torture them first

elproson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 elproson

Nothing can ever be 100% though, that is the problem.chico129

sure it can be 100%

Fraime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fraime
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

The risk of executing innocent people is a decisive objection to the institution of capital punishment in the United States. Consequentialist arguments for the death penalty are inconclusive at best; the strongest justification is a retributive one. This argument is seriously undercut if a significant risk of executing the innocent exists. Any criminal justice system carries the risk of punishing innocent persons, but the punishment of death is unique and requires greater precautions.

Retributive justifications for the death penalty are grounded in respect for innocent victims of homicide; but accepting serious risks of mistaken executions demonstrates disrespect for innocent human life.

sahredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sahredd
Member since 2004 • 292 Posts
Yeah sure, but I think that the punishment should be in accordance with the crime. For example, someone who embezzles a company or uses insider information to profit, such as Martha Stewart, should have to pay back what was stolen instead of just going to prison/day camp for a couple months. And for anyone guilty of rape or child molestation: castration. :shock: If you stick it where it doesn't belong, you don't deserve to keep it. Really, it's the ultimate quick fix. Screw rehabilitation, castration costs virtually nothing, and there won't be a second offense because it's impossible! :D
crazygamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 crazygamer1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts

I believe in the use of the death penalty...but I think there are flaws in the logic of the death penalty...

Guy stabs a person 67 times and he gets an alcohol swab rubbed on his arm and then injected with a serum to make him pass out and die...yeah...real fair trade...innocent person dies horrible death, killer gets off with being made to go to sleep. You kill a person you should get killed in the same manner. Too, I think pedophiles should be included into the death penalty running. Why keep such sickos on the planet? What purpose do they serve?

But it's all because of so called "Human Rights Activists"...'You can't do that to a human, subjecting him to the death penalty is inhumane!'....Whoa whoa whoa...What?! Inhumane?! And what he did to the person he killed or the child he molested was 'humane' I suppose? I can't have any sympathy for a proven murderer, child molester, pedophile, rapist, etc...Whatever horrible thing could happen to them and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

Some say "You shouldn't return evil for evil." or " You shouldn't fight fire with fire."...I look at it as "Extinguishing the fire." Fire springs up what do you do? You put it out by whatever means necessary right? After the fire is extinguished the damage is stopped and you can rebuild or salvage what's left.Same principle...No more killer/molester/rapist = no more killings/molesting/rapes from that person... guaranteed, no doubts about it, that person will NEVER do what he did ever again. Then the family or person(s) victomized can move on or try to salvage or cope with what's left.

If I have offended or angered anyone with these statements and views...all you have to do is give me the 'Pro killing/molesting/raping innocent people' side of the arguement.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I've been taught that death is a sad thing and murder is a sin.
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EboyLOL

[QUOTE="EboyLOL"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]I say cook the worthless piles of dog crap and feed them to homeless people. That way, they'll actually contribute to society.:)Silver_Dragon17

Glad you agree.:D

That you're a sadistic psychopath?
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 quiglythegreat
Yeah sure, but I think that the punishment should be in accordance with the crime. For example, someone who embezzles a company or uses insider information to profit, such as Martha Stewart, should have to pay back what was stolen instead of just going to prison/day camp for a couple months. And for anyone guilty of rape or child molestation: castration. :shock: If you stick it where it doesn't belong, you don't deserve to keep it. Really, it's the ultimate quick fix. Screw rehabilitation, castration costs virtually nothing, and there won't be a second offense because it's impossible! :Dsahredd
Well, some have a thing against corporal punishment. Clearly you don't, and I suppose you fancy yourself one who would never break the law. I suppose you fancy those people as far different from yourself. I think this because how else could you possibly propose that such cruel things be done to them? You wish that they do not do it, yet for some reason see no reason to apply that ideal to justice, a practice that theoretically is all ideals.
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EboyLOL

Yeah sure, but I think that the punishment should be in accordance with the crime. For example, someone who embezzles a company or uses insider information to profit, such as Martha Stewart, should have to pay back what was stolen instead of just going to prison/day camp for a couple months. And for anyone guilty of rape or child molestation: castration. :shock: If you stick it where it doesn't belong, you don't deserve to keep it. Really, it's the ultimate quick fix. Screw rehabilitation, castration costs virtually nothing, and there won't be a second offense because it's impossible! :Dsahredd
1) People can still get it up even if they've been castrated.

2) If you were to do that to an alleged rapist, it might prompt him to murder someone...

SolidSnake_108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidSnake_108
Member since 2006 • 11952 Posts
I think it's wrong.......life in prison would be worse than death anyway....in my opinion.....
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 quiglythegreat
The American justice system theoretically issues guilty verdicts only when it is beyond reasonable doubt for EVERY CRIME. Many of you seem to forget that.
Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Roland1987
Member since 2004 • 3038 Posts

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I believe in it for those who are sentenced to life with no parole. What's the point in letting them live if they're just going to waste the rest of their lives in a prison cell other than to waste tax payer dollars?Ares0nFire

it cost more to kill some one, than keep them alive, i know werid, but with all the court cases and the appeals and stuff like that, it take alot more money. and alot more time.

Well in the words of Chris Rock, 'stabbing doesn't cost a damn thing'
Goose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Goose
Member since 2002 • 32511 Posts
The American justice system theoretically issues guilty verdicts only when it is beyond reasonable doubt for EVERY CRIME. Many of you seem to forget that.quiglythegreat
Yes, butwe still get the answer wrong in plenty of cases. And I'd much rather a jury accidentally send someone to prison than accidentally kill him.
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EboyLOL
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]The American justice system theoretically issues guilty verdicts only when it is beyond reasonable doubt for EVERY CRIME. Many of you seem to forget that.Goose
Yes, butwe still get the answer wrong in plenty of cases. And I'd much rather a jury accidentally send someone to prison than accidentally kill him.

That was the point. People use the reasoning "if the guy is convicted beyond reasonable doubt then he's probably the killer" when really every single conviction isbeyond reasonable doubt.
nintendo_ds_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendo_ds_06
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
I think life in prison is worse than death.
warspiderpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 warspiderpig
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think it's wrong... what if they made a mistake and kill innocent person!
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 quiglythegreat
I think life in prison is worse than death.nintendo_ds_06
So then which is the more appropriate punishment in your opinion?
Mrs_Sesshomaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mrs_Sesshomaru
Member since 2005 • 14527 Posts
I think it is WRONG it is the same thing they did..murder.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
No, it seems rather..."barbaric".
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
I think its right, you kill someone then you should be killed...fair trade imo-WhiteSnake-

I guess your not a fan of Gandhi?
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
It depends on the crime. If a person kills for no reasonable motive, they should be put to death.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#49 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
It's wrong, but I say use it to scare people from commiting crimes.
99RanchMarket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 99RanchMarket
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts
murderers have no right to live or be free.