Is college really "the best years of your life"?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

User Lists: 0

#51 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
it depends, right now, i am a student pilot, the dream of my life, highschool was little fun, but i was in a military high-school, and it was kinda depressive, so it depends.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#52 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I just finished freshman year. Its definitely better then highschool... But "best" I really dont know. Im too young.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

The fact that you have to pay a lot of money for a regurgitation of highschool(at least for GE) just completely turned me off. I'm still pushing through it, but it's definitely not as fun as high school. The money aspect definitely plays into that. Spellingiscool
seriously, my general education classes felt/feel a lot like high school classes, the content anyways. only difference to me is that the classes are way bigger.

TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

An actual college where you participate in the social and campus life? yeah. Community college with boring assignments and really dry classes? hell to the no! I'm transferring to a University in the fall which will be MUCH better than community college which is where I'm at now.

Your college years are what you make them 8)

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#55 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Jr. high was fun, high school was not, college is great for me. I love waking up and doing whatever the hell I feel like every day of the week. I have responsibilities, but I don't have kids right now and I'm not in a committed relationship at the moment and the freedom of that is refreshing.

Anime/video game/nerd con in Illinois in 2 days!

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

I'm not in college but I dont really see how childhood can be topped. Most kids don't have a care in the world and can have fun doing just about anything, the further you go in life the more issues you have to deal with.

AsadMahdi59
Yup *goes back to coloring book*
freanster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 freanster
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

actually i find high school was the better years of my life.
the american pie thing doesnt work that way where i live

Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

My college years so far have been the best years of my life. The education quality, the friends I've made and the good times we've shared, and the immense sense of independence all contribute to this and make it well worth the money spent.

Seajack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Seajack
Member since 2011 • 365 Posts

No. I like college, but the best years of my life were when I was in the military.

airshocker
This. Not everyone is meant for college.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

I will never forget my Freshmen and Sophmore years of high school, loved every minute of it.

I can't really say anything about college since I've not started yet.

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts

I'm torn. The best actual year of my life was the final year in High School (man that was an awesome year I'll never forget), but my best 3-month period was summer this year. In the Dec '10-Feb '11 period I went to Muse and Linkin Park concerts, had three mate's 20th parties, had the best New Years Eve party ever, caught up with numerous lost friends, and spent the most awesome 8 days at the Gold Coast with mates where I conquered my greatest fears.

EDIT: Summary: High school was the best time of my life, university is only good because we get a four month summer holiday :D

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#62 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

For me... yes, yes it/they was/were.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I damn well better be.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#64 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

College is probably the only time in life where you will have that much freedom and that little responsibility. You are also surrounded by hundreds of educated and ambitiouspeople your age. It's a nice environment to be in, but it's not everything.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

high school is fun...college is fun..they are just differentchAzN93
man It makes me sad when people say this. I find high school an absolute living hell. I don't have any friends at the high school I go to, I sort of get bullied (it's not that bad but I still don't like it),etc. I wish I could enjoy it more if some people find it the best time of their life.

It is a fairly fun time of my life at some points but certainly not the "high school" part.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

College is probably the only time in life where you will have that much freedom and that little responsibility. You are also surrounded by hundreds of educated and ambitiouspeople your age. It's a nice environment to be in, but it's not everything.

sonicare
plus so many young women
TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
Well I high school wasnt the best for me and Im going to a community college....so i guess it only gets worse from here?
Lord_Nuclear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 Lord_Nuclear
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

Well I high school wasnt the best for me and Im going to a community college....so i guess it only gets worse from here?TheAbstrakt

It should get better the higher the level of education you go. I thought high school sucked, too. Community college was alright. Once I got to a four year college it was the way I expected it to be. It was much better. If I were you, I would have similar expectations.

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

I guess it depends on the person. I enjoyed high school because I had a lot of friends from different "walks of life." I went to college and while the freedom of being away from home was nice, the girls I kept being set up with in the dorms were not.

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

It was definitely my freest. I went for many, many years before finally graduating at age 30. Being both in my 20's and a student, I had that as an excuse to party it up. I could always just say, I'm a student and it took any guilt away from not having graduated before then. I loved the first week of class as there was that kind of new day feel like I had every year from K-12. The girls were extremely hot and there were parties to go to and lots of bars to go to also. As for being free and having a good time, it was the best time. I'm still doing a lot of that just now 2 or 3 days a week instead of 7 and no parties really. Got to have friend time out or at their place to keep me grounded and relaxed.