Is Christianity made by man or by God?

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="GFahim"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="GFahim"]matthew and luke were'nt even born when Jesus (may peace be upon him) was alive. but they are the ones who wrote the bible! soooo, this religion definitely has been invented by man...GFahim

And where did you get this tidbit of information? What of the other ten diciples?

i got this info from the 'history'. but the main thing is that those 'disciples' or whatever who wrote the bible simply tells us that it has been written by man. how simple can it get?!

additionally, if a bible has contradictions, then it cannot be from God because God is Perfect. ...or are you saying He isn't? (May Allah frogive me)

and don't bother saying that there are no contradictions coz we all know that there are. for e.g, in one verse, it says, 'the earth is flat' and in the other verse it says, 'the earth is a circle'. so that means its saying that the earth is a 'flat circle'! which obviously is not. no matter how many contradictios there are, if there is even just one, then it is not from God. its as simple as that.

cheerios my friend and have a deep think about that....

well, the book of John is written in the present historical text, which implies that it was written by an eye-witness. I actually have a whole bunch of notes from school which can point to John as the author of the Gospel of John

it doesn't matter who wrote it but the fact that it has been of his (john or whoever) words and that it has at least one contradictions means that logically, it has been invented by man

GFahim, are you a muslim?
GFahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 GFahim
Member since 2006 • 798 Posts

check above

i got to go sleep, its 2 30am...

yes im Muslim (all Praise be to God)

Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts

[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]All religions are made by men.GFahim

who made you? or do you think you somehow existed by chance? the odds of that (by putting every chemical substances in perspective) is 1/1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...basically infinite (according to scientists)

Yet the possibility of some being creating the entire universe is believable? :? Let me show you how insignificant we are and you tell me if those odds could've been in our favor... *waits for someone to post that video showing the size of earth*
Kon323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Kon323
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts

Constantine invented Christianity...Greedo_What
if you are one of those that fall for the Da Vinci Code, you were fooled.

Here's a link to an online library

www.ctlibrary..com/ch/2004/issue82/8.15.html

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="GFahim"]

[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]All religions are made by men.Funkdaddy13

who made you? or do you think you somehow existed by chance? the odds of that (by putting every chemical substances in perspective) is 1/1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...basically infinite (according to scientists)

Yet the possibility of some being creating the entire universe is believable? :? Let me show you how insignificant we are and you tell me if those odds could've been in our favor... *waits for someone to post that video showing the size of earth*

check it out
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

It's fair to say religion is a man made construct. Religion is not God and God is not religion. If you worship creation in place of the creator, it's called idolatry. Christianity is what christians use to seek God out in their lives. God is the spiritual source and goal of christianity but is not christianity itself. As far as living a moral life goes, one of my best friends is an avowed atheist and the other is an agnostic and they have no problem leading the same moral life that I do, but I'm not extremely conservative. I believe the best part of the bible as far as guidlines goes is Matthew 25:37-40. The gist of what Jesus said on the mount of olives was, "Whatever you did to the least of my people, you did to me." I think a lot of people forget that part, which leads to the problems people love to point out (they're generally accurate).

Also, Freud basically said, "Religion keeps you psychologicall infantile, and it's just a way of meeting needs (not a word for word quote obviously, just a summation). If you're afraid to make your own decisions it's comforting to know (think)that God will tell you what to do but the error is that humans have free will specifically because if you are incapable of acting imorally, moral action is impossible. God doesn't make people do things. People don't have to make their own decisions, but God isn't the one who is going to say, "Yes, by that car." It definately keeps some people infantile, and fulfills the need of young humans to be commanded (if you believe inFreud's developmental stages).

There are plenty of fair criticisms of religion, but just because flaws exist doesn't mean that it should be discarded. For instance, Early christians were far from ruling countries. The governments perverted religion for there own needs. Modern examples include El Salvador, where the poor were told by the clergy at the behest of the government that it was necessary for them to be poor, because God wished it to be so. The power hungry would use other means if religion did not exist, obviously. For instance, look at the Soviet Union. Religion was completely illegal and yet Stalin still was able to keep his position. Political corruption and oppression will exist without religion, and sociopaths like Stalin will use whatever means they can to rule. Some just choose to pervert peoples' deepest beliefs for their own gain.

Would you say that the Salvation Army is doing a bad thing. They're the only homeless shelter opperating in most cities. I live in the state capital of Washington, and they're the only shelter the people can realistically rely on. The Saint Vincent du Paul society helps people with rent money, utility bills, and all kinds of things like that. Catholic community services providefree secular counseling, drive people to doctors appointments, and build appartments for low income people. This list is rather short, but these are things I know about in my community, I'm not gonna belt off every single one of em. I can guarantee that something similar, if not the same, exists wherever you live.

I'm definately not saying there aren't flaws, but ignoring the good religious people do and focusing on the flawsaloneis close-minded, bigotted, and fairly childish (not that the TC is being those things, I'm just making a comment on most of the criticisms I've heard).

shamuk

Thank you for your thoughtful reply but I think you somewhat missed the point.

You say that God and religion are separate but I am yet to discover anyone who is accepted as a Christian without a belief in God and an acceptance of Jesus Christ as their lord and saviour. If Christianity and God were seperate then surely your friends who share your morals would be considered Christians rather than Atheists and Agnostics. I'm not saying that you can't have the morality of a Christian without the belief in God but surely you can't have religion without God. What I am saying is that not everyone can act morally without the motivation of religion hence my hypothesis that it is a creation of mankind.

The point of my argument was not to discredit the content of religion (both the good and the bad) just the origin of it. I am not trying to subvert the good behavior that arises from Christianity (salvation army) nor condemn the bad (Stalin etc) I am merely trying to arrive at a rational point of its origin.

GFahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GFahim
Member since 2006 • 798 Posts

funkdaddy13's quote reply:

if u see a computer, u would say it surely had a designer/programmer. so if take a look at your own body, universe, which is very very complex, it surely must have had designer/programmer. i mean, how the hell did all this exist simply by chance? its crazy man.! just ponder over that for a while... its like im saying that if i throw hydrogen, carbon and oxygen in the air infinite amount of times, it will one day create a computer for example or even a living thing. but obviously, this sounds stupid!

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#59 Decessus
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts

[QUOTE="Decessus"]I think anybody who takes the study of history seriously has to come to the conclusion that Christianity, like all religions, are a product of human creativity. They were created during a time of profound human ignorance, and were attempts to come to terms with the world around them.Silver_Dragon17

I could say the same, except instead of your conclusion, I think history only helps confirm Christianity.

If that is the case, I would like you to explain how the ancient Mesopotamian religions, as well as the ancient Egyptian religions support the idea that Christianity is divinely inspired.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
[QUOTE="shamuk"]

It's fair to say religion is a man made construct. Religion is not God and God is not religion. If you worship creation in place of the creator, it's called idolatry. Christianity is what christians use to seek God out in their lives. God is the spiritual source and goal of christianity but is not christianity itself. As far as living a moral life goes, one of my best friends is an avowed atheist and the other is an agnostic and they have no problem leading the same moral life that I do, but I'm not extremely conservative. I believe the best part of the bible as far as guidlines goes is Matthew 25:37-40. The gist of what Jesus said on the mount of olives was, "Whatever you did to the least of my people, you did to me." I think a lot of people forget that part, which leads to the problems people love to point out (they're generally accurate).

Also, Freud basically said, "Religion keeps you psychologicall infantile, and it's just a way of meeting needs (not a word for word quote obviously, just a summation). If you're afraid to make your own decisions it's comforting to know (think)that God will tell you what to do but the error is that humans have free will specifically because if you are incapable of acting imorally, moral action is impossible. God doesn't make people do things. People don't have to make their own decisions, but God isn't the one who is going to say, "Yes, by that car." It definately keeps some people infantile, and fulfills the need of young humans to be commanded (if you believe inFreud's developmental stages).

There are plenty of fair criticisms of religion, but just because flaws exist doesn't mean that it should be discarded. For instance, Early christians were far from ruling countries. The governments perverted religion for there own needs. Modern examples include El Salvador, where the poor were told by the clergy at the behest of the government that it was necessary for them to be poor, because God wished it to be so. The power hungry would use other means if religion did not exist, obviously. For instance, look at the Soviet Union. Religion was completely illegal and yet Stalin still was able to keep his position. Political corruption and oppression will exist without religion, and sociopaths like Stalin will use whatever means they can to rule. Some just choose to pervert peoples' deepest beliefs for their own gain.

Would you say that the Salvation Army is doing a bad thing. They're the only homeless shelter opperating in most cities. I live in the state capital of Washington, and they're the only shelter the people can realistically rely on. The Saint Vincent du Paul society helps people with rent money, utility bills, and all kinds of things like that. Catholic community services providefree secular counseling, drive people to doctors appointments, and build appartments for low income people. This list is rather short, but these are things I know about in my community, I'm not gonna belt off every single one of em. I can guarantee that something similar, if not the same, exists wherever you live.

I'm definately not saying there aren't flaws, but ignoring the good religious people do and focusing on the flawsaloneis close-minded, bigotted, and fairly childish (not that the TC is being those things, I'm just making a comment on most of the criticisms I've heard).

domatron23

Thank you for your thoughtful reply but I think you somewhat missed the point.

You say that God and religion are separate but I am yet to discover anyone who is accepted as a Christian without a belief in God and an acceptance of Jesus Christ as their lord and saviour. If Christianity and God were seperate then surely your friends who share your morals would be considered Christians rather than Atheists and Agnostics. I'm not saying that you can't have the morality of a Christian without the belief in God but surely you can't have religion without God. What I am saying is that not everyone can act morally without the motivation of religion hence my hypothesis that it is a creation of mankind.

The point of my argument was not to discredit the content of religion (both the good and the bad) just the origin of it. I am not trying to subvert the good behavior that arises from Christianity (salvation army) nor condemn the bad (Stalin etc) I am merely trying to arrive at a rational point of its origin.

Well, I would correct that post by instead of saying 'God' what about 'a higher being'? Not everyone believes in a God in the Christian sense, only as we percieve them.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mig_killer2
if u see a computer, u would say it surely had a designer/programmer. so if take a look at your own body, universe, which is very very complex, it surely must have had designer/programmer. i mean, how the hell did all this exist simply by chance? its crazy man.! just ponder over that for a while... its like im saying that if i throw hydrogen, carbon and oxygen in the air infinite amount of times, it will one day create a computer for example or even a living thing. but obviously, this sounds stupid!GFahim
that is a HORRIBLE analogy. computers dont have DNA, and they dont mutate, and they dont reproduce. science has explained how humans have gotten here WITHOUT the need for a designer
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 domatron23

if u see a computer, u would say it surely had a designer/programmer. so if take a look at your own body, universe, which is very very complex, it surely must have had designer/programmer. i mean, how the hell did all this exist simply by chance? its crazy man.! just ponder over that for a while... its like im saying that if i throw hydrogen, carbon and oxygen in the air infinite amount of times, it will one day create a computer for example or even a living thing. but obviously, this sounds stupid!GFahim

Yes I've heard that before but we're discussing the origin of religion here not the origin of man. There are about a million other threads about that particular topic that you could look at

Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Funkdaddy13
[QUOTE="Funkdaddy13"][QUOTE="GFahim"]

[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]All religions are made by men.mig_killer2

check it out

:P Naw, it was more like an animated version of this:
L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
Men made good
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Funkdaddy13

if u see a computer, u would say it surely had a designer/programmer. so if take a look at your own body, universe, which is very very complex, it surely must have had designer/programmer. i mean, how the hell did all this exist simply by chance? its crazy man.! just ponder over that for a while... its like im saying that if i throw hydrogen, carbon and oxygen in the air infinite amount of times, it will one day create a computer for example or even a living thing. but obviously, this sounds stupid!

GFahim
That's a dumb comparison. Cells can reproduce and make energy. I understand what your trying to say, that there's a small chance of something like this happening but the universe is larger than our minds can comprehend with numbers far larger than any that have been written down. You can say it was a one in a trillion chance but when you see how large our universe is, you'll see that it is probable. I could use the example of someone saying there's a one in a million chance of getting hit by lightning today but when there's 6 billion people in the world, that's a lot of people getting hit by lighting today...
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

The Bible was written by man during the bronze age, of course it's just a piece of literature and nothing more.

Anyone who has studied a fair amount knows that it falls with in the same category as the Iliad, Odyssey, epics of Gilgamesh and other ancients texts. It's merely a text, and people use it as an insight into ancient human civilization and culture.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 domatron23

The Bible was written by man during the bronze age, of course it's just a piece of literature and nothing more.

Anyone who has studied a fair amount knows that it falls with in the same category as the Iliad, Odyssey, epics of Gilgamesh and other ancients texts. It's merely a text, and people use it as an insight into ancient human civilization and culture.

Donkey_Puncher

yes the bible was written by man but it is claimed thatit was divinely inspired by God. What do you think about the coincidences I mentioned earlier between religion and the needs of mankind

ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#68 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts

matthew and luke were'nt even born when Jesus (may peace be upon him) was alive. but they are the ones who wrote the bible! soooo, this religion definitely has been invented by man...GFahim

the bible was pieced together by man...not a god. Atleast as far as we can prove anyways. its very unlikely that in my life time we will prove or disprove the existance of a god

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts

i think it was made up because 1. to provide explanation for the unknown 2. to control the population

yet still i hope there is a god because i don't want this to be the end.

crusher2002000

Nobody says anything has to be the end, infact just becauseyou don't think that we will go to heaven or hell does not mean we think that life on earth is the dead end.

There is still a lot of things that we don't know, we don't know 100% everything about the brain, infact with our knowledge we can't look to the end of our universe, look at the hubble deep feild, we are only looking as far as we currently can.

Me_Is_Pacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Me_Is_Pacman
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
show me god
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#71 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

[QUOTE="GFahim"]matthew and luke were'nt even born when Jesus (may peace be upon him) was alive. but they are the ones who wrote the bible! soooo, this religion definitely has been invented by man...Silver_Dragon17

And where did you get this tidbit of information? What of the other ten diciples?

Gfahim, where in the world or who in the world told you that?

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="Funkdaddy13"][QUOTE="GFahim"]

[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]All religions are made by men.Funkdaddy13

check it out

:P Naw, it was more like an animated version of this:

I knew this would come up, such an amazing picture, and like I said before, we can't see that far yet.

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 domatron23

show me godMe_Is_Pacman

It's the nature of the supernatural and God in particular to be unproval and unfalsifiable

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
As like every other religious system of beliefs... humans.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
I think it's made by humans, I've seen no evidence to support otherwise.
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]adam & eve sinned thusJudaism was born.Silver_Dragon17

All fix'd.:)

:)

groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts
Trying to boost your forum rankings? That makes God sad, using his name to get temporary fame :(
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 domatron23

Trying to boost your forum rankings? That makes God sad, using his name to get temporary fame :(groovdafied

What are forum rankings?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178876 Posts

This thread brings nothing new to the age old religion topics in OT. Those without faith can't comprehend it...and it's as simple as that. Therefore, they use what man has discovered about the universe and make the facts fit their agenda. A God would be outside the realm of science and, thus, something they can't understand.

Suffice it to say that no one has the answers in a human perspective.

Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts

show me godMe_Is_Pacman

Show me your brain, or it doesn't exist.:|

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
I have no idea.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="Decessus"]I think anybody who takes the study of history seriously has to come to the conclusion that Christianity, like all religions, are a product of human creativity. They were created during a time of profound human ignorance, and were attempts to come to terms with the world around them.Decessus

I could say the same, except instead of your conclusion, I think history only helps confirm Christianity.

If that is the case, I would like you to explain how the ancient Mesopotamian religions, as well as the ancient Egyptian religions support the idea that Christianity is divinely inspired.

Well, to start off, they were naturalistic.

The gods of Egypt were not supernatural. They could do some neat things within nature, but they were a sort of by-product of nature itself. Such a religion is undeniably man-made, andcould not possibly last long.

A man-made religion cannot last. Humans are too stupid. If a human were to make a religion, even if it was very believable, it would be full of holes and would fall apart.

I don't know enough about the Mesopotamian religions to make a comment.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 yoshi-lnex

[QUOTE="Me_Is_Pacman"]show me godSilver_Dragon17

Show me your brain, or it doesn't exist.:|

It can be pretty easily seen with a PET scan or MRI, it can be shown to exist quite easily.

The Christian God on the other hand....

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="Decessus"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="Decessus"]I think anybody who takes the study of history seriously has to come to the conclusion that Christianity, like all religions, are a product of human creativity. They were created during a time of profound human ignorance, and were attempts to come to terms with the world around them.Silver_Dragon17

Well, to start off, they were naturalistic.

The gods of Egypt were not supernatural. They could do some neat things within nature, but they were a sort of by-product of nature itself. Such a religion is undeniably man-made, andcould not possibly last long.

A man-made religion cannot last. Humans are too stupid. If a human were to make a religion, even if it was very believable, it would be full of holes and would fall apart.

I don't know enough about the Mesopotamian religions to make a comment.

Christianity has it's own holes.....

A simple example being the conflict between an all knowing god and free will.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Silver_Dragon17
Chritianity has it's own holes.....

yoshi-lnex

Why is it you always bring this up, even though I and many others have repeatedly refutted this claim? According to some people, free will doesn't exist anyway, so the problem is. . .

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]Chritianity has it's own holes.....

Silver_Dragon17

Why is it you always bring this up, even though I and many others have repeatedly refutted this claim? According to some people, free will doesn't exist anyway, so the problem is. . .

Who has refuted it exactly? You tried and were unsuccessful in finding a hole if that's what you mean.

It's a very simple proof, and I have yet to see a flaw in it. It creates a paradox that shows that the Christian god doesn't exist.

1. The Chritian god is all knowing.

2. Free will exists

3. During and prior to creation, if the Chritian god is all knowing.

4. This would mean he knew everything that would happen at any given point in time.

5. Which implies every event had been predetermined by god at creation

6. This is directly contradictory to the hypothesis in statement 2, meaning and all knowing god and free will can not co-exist.

7. Because the bible says the Christian god created free will, and is all knowing, it has created a paradox in itself, only one or the other can exist.

Therefore the Christian god does not exist, or free will does not exist.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

GFahim

Computers aren't alive. Computers don't mutate or reproduce. Many chemical and physical processes are self-organizing. If you were to see a snowflake, you'd say that the intricately detailed symmetry points to a creator. But then you'd be absolutely wrong.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]Chritianity has it's own holes.....

yoshi-lnex

Who has refuted it exactly? You tried and were unsuccessful in finding a hole if that's what you mean.

It's a very simple proof, and I have yet to see a flaw in it. It creates a paradox that shows that the Christian god doesn't exist.

2. Free will exists

4. This would mean he knew everything that would happen at any given point in time.

6. This is directly contradictory to the hypothesis in statement 2, meaning and all knowing god and free will can not co-exist.

7. Because the bible says the Christian god created free will, and is all knowing, it has created a paradox in itself, only one or the other can exist.

There are two assumptions in your paradox:

1: Free will exists. For all we know, everything we do is the mere actions of our brains. . .which some people believe. Meaning free will does NOT exist, and God does.

2: God started at creation. God is at every point in time, at the same time, doing whatever He does at that time. This would mean that God would be seeing the future happening as it was happening while He was creating the world. . .meaning, past and future do not exist, and there is only the present. Which means that God dosn't see what's GOING to happen, but what's HAPPENING. Get it?

DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts
Isn't Christianity the worship of Christ (god), why would God make a way of worshiping himself. I feel like its safe to say Humans made christianity, whether or not we are delusional is up for debate.
hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hair001
Member since 2005 • 1202 Posts
Man. It may be the translated word of god, but the religion is still man made at some level. Plus a large number "christian" ideals and practices are just interpretations, or just plucked out of thin air
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts
I think they are made by man.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]Chritianity has it's own holes.....

Silver_Dragon17

2. Free will exists

There are two assumptions in your paradox:

1: Free will exists. For all we know, everything we do is the mere actions of our brains. . .which some people believe. Meaning free will does NOT exist, and God does.

2: God started at creation. God is at every point in time, at the same time, doing whatever He does at that time. This would mean that God would be seeing the future happening as it was happening while He was creating the world. . .meaning, past and future do not exist, and there is only the present. Which means that God dosn't see what's GOING to happen, but what's HAPPENING. Get it?

1 and 2 are the hypothesis which is based upon biblical readings. In a logical proof, the hypothesis is always assumed, but can be shown to be incorrect based upon the conclusion, something I did.

"....Which means that God dosn't see what's GOING to happen..."

This would mean that the Christian god is not all knowing, directly contradiciting the bible.

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Silver_Dragon17
1 and 2 are the hypothesis which is based upon biblical readings. In a logical proof, the hypothesis is always assumed, but can be shown to be incorrect based upon the conclusion, something I did.

This would mean that the Christian god is not all knowing, directly contradiciting the bible.

yoshi-lnex

No, it would mean God doesn't NEED to see the future. . .like you omitted. It doesn't mean He can't, it just means He doesn't need to.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]1 and 2 are the hypothesis which is based upon biblical readings. In a logical proof, the hypothesis is always assumed, but can be shown to be incorrect based upon the conclusion, something I did.

Silver_Dragon17

No, it would mean God doesn't NEED to see the future. . .like you omitted. It doesn't mean He can't, it just means He doesn't need to.

and like I said, this would make it so he is not all knowing, directly contradicting the bible.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]1 and 2 are the hypothesis which is based upon biblical readings. In a logical proof, the hypothesis is always assumed, but can be shown to be incorrect based upon the conclusion, something I did.

yoshi-lnex

and like I said, this would make it so he is not all knowing, directly contradicting the bible.

You're not understanding me.

God doesn't need to see the future because He's in the future at the same time as the past. . .making it all the present. If He's in the present, and sees everything happening in the present, then He is all-knowing.

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#96 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
it is made by neither :| Christianity is the act and faith of believing that God is real and that he sent his son to die for our sins on the cross. and there is no way im going to read that wall of text trying to answer a poorly composed question
jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

well i read the original post and page 2 as well. i dont have a whole pile of time right now so i couldnt read 3,4and 5. sorry

i will just give you my take. christianity is i supose man made but not solely.the religion chrisianity was not simply invented by god. chrisitanity, and other religions came around because of the influence of god. there is such thing as a christian lifestyle meaning you do everything the bible tells you. but i feel it would be impossible to say what a godly lifestyle is. i do not think people go to hell if they do this or that, there is no point system which says you must have 200 years in purgatory etc. god will not love you less if you do this or that. he wil always forgive you. and that is what the he is all about. loving and caring and forgiving and sacrificing. religons tell you that you mustnt do whatever, eg smoke and drink but it is not that simple. god is like a hand just gently indicating how we should live, but not condemning us if we do it wrong and god doesnt make us do it his way, we are always given a choice.

to quote the matrix: i can only show you the door, you must go through it

i think that he is that little voice in our heads saying that we know what were doing isn't right and that we shouldnt do it. not telling us. we can choose to ignore it but it will leave us feeling empty.

i completely see where atheists are coming from when they say that god is our subconsience inventing an imaginary friend to comfort us. im still not 100% convinced.

i agree with silver dragon on the whole. especially when he said that society cant function without sacrifice. of course we cant. thats why religion is necessary. a sort of a code. which i personally think in some religions is too strict, we areonly human and we make mistakes. if anyone thinks we can function without sacrifice , here you go:

if two designers are trying to design a house. one of them thinks the house should be black and the other one , white. if they dont compromisethen they will argue. they must sacrifice some of their idea and find a middle ground otherwise it wont get done. no one gains anything.

sorry this isnt very well put together, i am not very good at putting my point into words. cheers!

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]1 and 2 are the hypothesis which is based upon biblical readings. In a logical proof, the hypothesis is always assumed, but can be shown to be incorrect based upon the conclusion, something I did.

Silver_Dragon17

You're not understanding me.

God doesn't need to see the future because He's in the future at the same time as the past. . .making it all the present. If He's in the present, and sees everything happening in the present, then He is all-knowing.

Right, and if he's all knowing that means all events have been predetermined.

check and mate

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Nobody knows...either 'yes' or 'no' answer is unfalsifiable.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts

Judaism was originally created by man as a way of explaining things the science of that time was too primative to have understood. Then someone (possibly Jesus himself) decided to try to convince people he was the son of the made up god. That belief got more and more popular after he died as a result of the gospels of the various apostles and eventually created the much diverted various forms ofmodern christianity(catholocism, prodistant, etc) you see today. I realize I left a lot of stuff out, but I have to go to class now and I at least wanted to express my point even if that was just saying my view in a nutshell.