Iron Man 3 - 83% on Rotten Tomatoes

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#151 tempertress
Member since 2012 • 1131 Posts
79% already. LMAO this movie is gonna suck. Canceling preorder.percech
It's pretty good for a superhero movie. I think as long as you go for the laughs and the RDJ of it all and not the plot you'll enjoy it.
Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
I loved this movie. A LOT better than Iron Man 2 IMO. Ben Kingsley's Mandarin was one of the highlights of the movie.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#153 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="percech"]79% already. LMAO this movie is gonna suck. Canceling preorder.tempertress
It's pretty good for a superhero movie. I think as long as you go for the laughs and the RDJ of it all and not the plot you'll enjoy it.

No. All 3 current Batman movies did way better. The Avengers is at a 93. Iron Man has dropped to a 77, doesn't look like a critical success of others.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#154 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I've heard it was alright...still, I'm gonna go and see it :D
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]79% already. LMAO this movie is gonna suck. Canceling preorder.tempertress

Saw it, its good but nowhere awesome as original Iron Man. Guy Pearce was awesome as primary antagonist. Ummm what i felt after watching it IM > IM 3 > IM 2.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

great film, hilarious with awesome action.

highly recommended

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Gonna watch it tomorrow with some friends :D

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#158 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

As a huge Iron Man fan (EDIT: thanks to LJ pointing out my typo). 

This is my favorite of the Iron Man movies, good action, great buildup, great comedy.  with the exception of the big twist. which ehh... completely threw me off and sorta spoiled it for me the rest of the way. 

but i'm also the guy who'se read a ton of the comics. I really do expect creative liberties to be taken when things get put on the screen, just wasn't prepared nor am really cool with what they did there. Basically betrayed the core of a character.

I did enjoy it though, had a good time, just that one thing is basically leaves a sour taste. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
As a huge Iron Man.SaudiFury
You're a huge Iron Man?:o
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SaudiFury
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]As a huge Iron Man.LJS9502_basic
You're a huge Iron Man?:o

indeed i am little feller ;) ... indeed i am....
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

If it's not over a 90%, I'm not watching. Seriously, any movie below a 90% is automatically equivalent to Catwoman.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 SaudiFury

If it's not over a 90%, I'm not watching. Seriously, any movie below a 90% is automatically equivalent to Catwoman.

leviathan91
my sarcasm detector is busted today. so please help me out here bro. are you being serious?
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 leviathan91

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

SaudiFury

my sarcasm detector is busted today. so please help me out here bro. are you being serious?

Can I be both serious and sarcastic?

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"][QUOTE="leviathan91"]

leviathan91

Can I be both serious and sarcastic?

that might explain why my detector is busted then :P
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 leviathan91

Okay so I saw it and it was pretty good. Not incredible but good. I thought the Mandarin twist was pretty clever and goofy but then again, this is my only exposure to Iron Man so my opinion is apparently null compared to the expert opinion of hardcore Ironman fans. I may see it again though. 

[spoiler] The one thing that doesn't make sense is how the vice president was involved in the whole thing. Yes the lost leg was a giveaway to a possible connection but nothing was really said. I may have missed something so that's why I may see it again, or can someone fill me in on the details of what I just or may have missed?  [/spoiler]

This movie may have been a 100% if there was more Deadpool. :P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#166 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Saw it, found it really good and much better than Iron Man 2 and it does things better and worse than the 1st one, overall wasn't disappointed and became such an enjoyable joyride once Tony's house got blown up.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#167 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Gonna see it Sunday, as long as it's better than Iron Man 2 I'll be happy.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
I didn't enjoy Avengers...so will I enjoy this?
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 SaudiFury
I didn't enjoy Avengers...so will I enjoy this?percech
the story is certainly much more involved, and it doesn't really run totally like a typical super hero movie.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SaudiFury

Okay so I saw it and it was pretty good. Not incredible but good. I thought the Mandarin twist was pretty clever and goofy but then again, this is my only exposure to Iron Man so my opinion is apparently null compared to the expert opinion of hardcore Ironman fans. I may see it again though. 

[spoiler] The one thing that doesn't make sense is how the vice president was involved in the whole thing. Yes the lost leg was a giveaway to a possible connection but nothing was really said. I may have missed something so that's why I may see it again, or can someone fill me in on the details of what I just or may have missed?  [/spoiler]

This movie may have been a 100% if there was more Deadpool. :P

leviathan91

[spoiler]

the connection is so that Aldrich/Mandarin can control both sides of the 'war', his phantom and the US president, to fund his Extremist super-soldier program. That's basically it. Aldrich says so before going after the President on Air Force One and using the phrase "the whole world is watching". It's straight out of what i used to read from conspiracy theorists about how Osama Bin Laden is just a ghost or held somewhere but we wheel out whenever the world needs to be reminded why we have to have military adventures.

As for what i thought of the twist reflecting back on it, i'm not really that upset by the twist, because it's basically one of the big ways Mandarin fights Tony, from Aldrich's martial arts skills (hands down beating Tony everytime) - which is the Mandarin's style, the dragon tattoos on him, and even his tone of speech the words he uses change after the twist has been revealed who the real villain is. Working through agents and having them terrorizing Tony in his life (because he is a publically known super hero) is all the calling cards of the Mandarin from the comics.

the thing is there is also a meta-ness to it. When fake Mandarin says "You'll never see me coming" is equally true for both in story and the first-time viewers. and thinking back since they looped Aldrich's connection to Tony in the very beginning before he becomes Iron Man (Tony says how someone creates their own demons), and this is seen in the subtle hints of the Ten Rings terrorist organization that is seen in Iron Man 1, and was seen (until it was cut out in the final cut) in Iron Man 2, of this mysterious figure/organization being behind everything.

in the comics Mandarin is the opposite in Tony in that he fights up close where Iron Man doesn't, he uses far advanced technology (the ten rings) that he calls 'magic' because he does'nt understand how they work and doesn't always use them as well as he could, whereas Tony is all about engineering and designing and maximizing it's tolerances. Mandarin is about working through agents, and is like a cult-like terrorist leader, hiding behind a fake face(s) - Iron Man does not.

A lot of this is in the film, so in a sense i got everything i'd hoped for in an Iron Man vs Mandarin movie, just not in the exact way i was hoping.   [/spoiler]

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
I was hugely disappointed, probably because I was expecting an Avengers level action sequence. It was still a great movie but I think it has pacing problems.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

pretty darn good score

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I was hugely disappointed, probably because I was expecting an Avengers level action sequence. It was still a great movie but I think it has pacing problems. lonewolf604

What? the Avengers had different heroes and therefore different styles of action to draw from, Hulk- Thor- Cap- and the other 2

why would you expect that from a film focusing on just one Hero? 

Despite that the Action was very solid without being ridiculous over the top and campy.