If there was a vote to repeal "Incest" would you vote for it or against it?

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrduckbears3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll If there was a vote to repeal "Incest" would you vote for it or against it? (64 votes)

For it. Whether i'd do it or not, people should be allowed to date whoever they want. 44%
Against it. It should never be practiced, ever. It is unacceptable! 56%

as in if there was a vote to repeal the incest law which is the law against marrying within your family bloodline, would you vote for it (to repeal) or against it (leave the law as is)? let's see what people will vote

• 
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Well, we're already headed down that slippery slope of letting anyone marry whoever they want, "because they're born that way"

So i suppose if someone is legitimately attracted to their immediate family, and wants to date/marry them, who's to say it's unnatural?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Just come out and ask what you really want to ask: Do you find incest acceptable?

If two adults consent to marry each other, then go for it. With that said, I find the thought of incestuous relationships disgusting.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

i'd vote for it. everything should stay in the family.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts
@Nibroc420 said:

Well, we're already headed down that slippery slope of letting anyone marry whoever they want, "because they're born that way"

So i suppose if someone is legitimately attracted to their immediate family, and wants to date/marry them, who's to say it's unnatural?

Pooping in toilets is unnatural. Incest causes deformities and gene mutations. Its more a question of whats harmful.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Yep.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

Pooping in toilets is unnatural. Incest causes deformities and gene mutations. Its more a question of whats harmful.

I could see that being valid back when there were only a few million humans, but I think we've gone past that. I'm not saying that inbreeding is good, but it usually doesn't result in horrible mutants. That's a crteation of science fiction.

But yeah...you certainly don't want big chunks of the human population inbreeding. But that's also kind of a non-issue. It's not as if all guys out there really want to bang their sisters and their moms, and the only thing stopping them is the fact that it's illegal. Legal, not legal, whatever. The number of people willing to do it is still gonna be so small that it's not gonna have any substantial effect on a species with a population of 7 billion.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nibroc420

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

Liquor and Tobacco are harmful.

They're both legal.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

They're both legal.

I'd like to add that there are all sorts of genetic diseases (some of them painful or deadly) which have a high chance of being passed down to children if the parent produces offspring.

Yet, we still don't make it illegal for a guy to have kids if he's been diagnosed with Huntington's disease.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BeardMaster

@MrGeezer said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

They're both legal.

I'd like to add that there are all sorts of genetic diseases (some of them painful or deadly) which have a high chance of being passed down to children if the parent produces offspring.

Yet, we still don't make it illegal for a guy to have kids if he's been diagnosed with Huntington's disease.

Slow down boys, ill make this a a response to both of you. Cheeseburgers are harmful as well, you obviously cant ban everything harmful it comes down to how harmful it is... murder? pretty harmful, banned. Trying to kiss grizzly bears, pretty harmful, but only to you, not banned.

And yea, dont know a ton about huntingtons disease... but i do remember seeing something on tv about some couple passing a terrible disease down to like their first 3 kids and thinking, someone should really stop these two from having kids. Tad bit more difficult to regulate though.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Religious view

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

I could see that being valid back when there were only a few million humans, but I think we've gone past that. I'm not saying that inbreeding is good, but it usually doesn't result in horrible mutants. That's a crteation of science fiction.

But yeah...you certainly don't want big chunks of the human population inbreeding. But that's also kind of a non-issue. It's not as if all guys out there really want to bang their sisters and their moms, and the only thing stopping them is the fact that it's illegal. Legal, not legal, whatever. The number of people willing to do it is still gonna be so small that it's not gonna have any substantial effect on a species with a population of 7 billion.

This. Pretty much whoever engages in this type of behavior would be ostracized.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'd vote for the "I don't care" but I don't see it.

If you want your kids to come out special, that's fine by me.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I don't care what people do as long as all involved are the age of consent and are willing participants. I just hope they take steps not to reproduce because obviously there are risks.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nibroc420
@XilePrincess said:

I don't care what people do as long as all involved are the age of consent and are willing participants.

agreed.

@XilePrincess said:

I just hope they take steps not to reproduce because obviously there are risks.

As people have mentioned, there are diseases which are very likely to be passed down to the offspring, and we cannot stop those people from reproducing.If a person with Huntington's disease (for example), has a child, that child has a 50% chance of being born with it.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BeardMaster

@Master_Live said:

@MrGeezer said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

Whats wrong with just making it illegal, inbreeding results in higher genetic abnormalities and weaker immune systems for offspring... seems fine keeping things the way they are. If someone had an argument for why inbreeding would be beneficial, that might make a little more sense.

Where are you ostracizing them to exactly? small pro inbreeding communities? because that only exacerbates the issue.

But i think more importantly, why? why would anyone be pro incest?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nibroc420

@BeardMaster said:

@Master_Live said:

@MrGeezer said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

Whats wrong with just making it illegal, inbreeding results in higher genetic abnormalities and weaker immune systems for offspring... seems fine keeping things the way they are. If someone had an argument for why inbreeding would be beneficial, that might make a little more sense.

Where are you ostracizing them to exactly? small pro inbreeding communities?

How else would Adam and Eve populate the world?

Did God create a harem for Adam to play around in, so there would be genetic diversity?

carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

Im usually all for letting who ever marry they want. But I think it would be unfair to their future children, I don't know the stats off the top of my head but I know the child is more likely to have physically and/or mental deficiencies which is something we should avoid when populating

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nibroc420

@carlandcarl said:

Im usually all for letting who ever marry they want. But I think it would be unfair to their future children, I don't know the stats off the top of my head but I know the child is more likely to have physically and/or mental deficiencies which is something we should avoid when populating

Only over a long term.

It would require multiple generations of incest to occur within the same family.

carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

@carlandcarl said:

Only over a long term.

It would require multiple generations of incest to occur within the same family.

Ah alright I didn't know that, then they should go for it as long as they aren't forced into for some sick cult or community

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

As long as they're both consenting adults, why not.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#23 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

What if a man wants to be in a relationship with his daughter or a woman with her son? I agree that two adults can do whatever they want and that you can't help who you fall in love with, but that's too much even for me. What if these people have children of their own? How twisted would it be to tell the child that his dad is also his uncle?

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CyberLips

@Nibroc420 said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Master_Live said:

@MrGeezer said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

Did God create a harem for Adam to play around in, so there would be genetic diversity?

Are you telling me that christians condemn homosexuality but have no problem with incest? Also, you completely lose credibility when you mention the bible.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

I don't know, the possibility of another Joffrey out there is terrifying.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

I don't necessarily agree with the practice but if it's two consenting adults then who am I to say they shouldn't?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Only if both people are sterile.

And even then, the idea of parents being able to groom their kids for when they turn 18 is pretty horrible.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Only with sterilization. Otherwise society has to pick up the problems caused by their decision.

Even then I'm against it.....I've read some psychological studies that say there is always a victim due to the balance of power in the relationship.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

What if an incest couple uses a surrogate to make a baby or adopt a child?

I should marry my cousin and adopt a child

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

I guess that OT is really on life support now since we need @mrduckbears3to post so many topics to keep this place alive...

Also, I don't care what people do in their bedroom as long as it isn't hurting myself or some unwilling participant.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@AncientDozer said:

There are supposedly actual consequences of incest and inbreeding. If siblings love each other that way I suppose I can't argue with it but consider the ramifications of incest over generations. If what we hear is true, health issues will be a big concern.

And if game of thrones is to be believed, you will give birth to a Joffrey. Do you want to give birth to a Joffrey? I do not.

Tommen and Myrcella aren't so bad, but no one wants a demonspawn like Joffrey.

Trender_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Trender_man
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

Just don't have kids

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@XilePrincess said:

I don't care what people do as long as all involved are the age of consent and are willing participants. I just hope they take steps not to reproduce because obviously there are risks.

very much this.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

idgaf.

if you wanna bang your sister, and you're capable to take care of your three-eyed, clubbed foot child, go for it.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nibroc420

@CyberLips said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Master_Live said:

@MrGeezer said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

Are you telling me that christians condemn homosexuality but have no problem with incest? Also, you completely lose credibility when you mention the bible.

1.) Please quote where i mentioned "The Bible". I Believe it was you who first mentioned that book.

2.) I wouldn't want to say "Christians believe ________" Because that's far too close to a "no-true Scotsman" fallacy. There are many sects of Christianity, each with different interpretations of the same book. For example, not all Christians condemn homosexuality.

****ing bigots, generalizing religions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Only if they are the age of consent, otherwise absolutely not.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Only with sterilization. Otherwise society has to pick up the problems caused by their decision.

Even then I'm against it.....I've read some psychological studies that say there is always a victim due to the balance of power in the relationship.

That is a really serious concern, also the grooming of your children as someone mentioned above. Of course, I doubt a law would stop such people from these types of harmful relationships

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

i see nothing wrong with it, according to the bible we all came from 2 people anyway. i wouldnt mind having sex with some of my cousins...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@-Renegade said:

i see nothing wrong with it, according to the bible we all came from 2 people anyway. i wouldnt mind having sex with some of my cousins...

that's not really a good reason for it

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CyberLips

@Nibroc420 said:

@CyberLips said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Master_Live said:

@MrGeezer said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

1.) Please quote where i mentioned "The Bible". I Believe it was you who first mentioned that book.

2.) I wouldn't want to say "Christians believe ________" Because that's far too close to a "no-true Scotsman" fallacy. There are many sects of Christianity, each with different interpretations of the same book. For example, not all Christians condemn homosexuality.

1) "How else would Adam and Eve populate the world" You believe two people made all humans.

2) How does that work exactly? Some christians believe homosexuals will go to hell and others don't and whoever gets it right wins? How can you base your entire life and view of the world on a book that no one knows what it really says? And did you just call me a bigot?

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

i am not for it due to all the birth defects and poor health that come from incest.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nibroc420

@CyberLips said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@CyberLips said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Master_Live said:

@MrGeezer said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

1) "How else would Adam and Eve populate the world" You believe two people made all humans.

2) How does that work exactly? Some christians believe homosexuals will go to hell and others don't and whoever gets it right wins? How can you base your entire life and view of the world on a book that no one knows what it really says? And did you just call me a bigot?

1.) You're telling me what i believe now?

2.) I just called you a bigot for generalizing an entire group of people in a negative light.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CyberLips

@Nibroc420 said:

@CyberLips said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@CyberLips said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Master_Live said:

@MrGeezer said:

@BeardMaster said:
@Nibroc420 said:

1.) You're telling me what i believe now?

2.) I just called you a bigot for generalizing an entire group of people in a negative light.

1) Huh? You said it yourself.

2) I was referring to your first comment where you mock homosexuals but are ok with incest.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nibroc420

1.) No i never said that at all

2.) I didn't mock homosexuality at all, I simply compared different peoples attractions

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

For. Consensual relationships between two adults, related or not, is nobody else's business.

Though, the paperwork involved in marriage might get a little confusing, all things considered.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Lol, imagine going on a date with a cute girl and when she starts talking shit about her ex. "He sounds like an asshole", "Yeah he is, but all big brothers are, right?" "Wait what!?". No better way to chase a man away.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

I'd abstain from voting. I think it's sick, but I ain't gonna stand in the way of them being together. Thing I'd be concerned about are those defects.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

What legal reasons are there for the prohibition to exist where it does? Because as far as most cases of incest go its illegal on grounds such as child sex abuse from a parent or older sibling. Where it concerns adults is it a prohibition of marriage? Or is is a prohibition of sexual engagement? Or a prohibition of reproduction?

Another thing to look at though is why are the laws being repealed, because it might not be an appeal for or against it For instance in some states (looking at the Wikipedia entry for Laws regarding incest), some states have penalties of up to...

Life imprisonment - Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee.

25 yearsimprisonment - Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky.

20 years imprisonment - Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, and Vermont

15 years imprisonment - Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia

14 years imprisonment - California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Idaho

10 years imprisonment - North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Minnesota

5 years imprisonment - 5 years imprisonment in Hawaii, Florida

Now, in no way do I feel that incest warrants such severe penalties. Maybe they simply want to repeal the laws because of the unnecessarily large sentences associated with them.

Personally, in a legal sense it shouldn't be outlawed for consenting adults, but I do take issue with sexual reproduction, that's something I feel should be prohibited, otherwise it's very much a victimless issue except when children are concerned due to higher potential for birth defects.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

Incest creates many possible, and probable problems with an infant if it is conceived in this manner. So why the heck would I vote for it.

I can't believe that there has been this many people saying they would vote for it. Bunch of first Cousin, and Sister rapers I tell ya.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

@t1striker said:

Incest creates many possible, and probable problems with an infant if it is conceived in this manner. So why the heck would I vote for it.

I can't believe that there has been this many people saying they would vote for it. Bunch of first Cousin, and Sister rapers I tell ya.

there's already laws against rape and sexual abuse