If Mexico and Canada invade the United States

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
Unless Canada or Mexico get help from China or Russia or Latinamerica, no chance.
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

Didn' t you know? The US always win.

Dexter-010

LOL. Which war did the US ever won? None. Haha

QFT

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="Dexter-010"]

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

pspdseagle

QFT

The U.S. has never lost a War either, only the Vietnam conflict half way around the world that posed no threat to the United States mainland. Russia had its Afghanistan problems in the 1980's.

It could be stated accurately that the U.S. played the biggest part in winning WW2 (tied with Russia). Keep in mind the Pacific theatre as well.

Also, American rebels won the Revolutionary War, they weren't technically a U.S. yet, but Independence had been declared.

The United States won against the Confederate States in the Civil War.

Oh, and yes, the United States (principally) has beaten Iraq.

Damien_5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Damien_5000
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Surprisingly, I'm more afraid of Mexico.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

toast_burner

Vietnam

Korea War of 1812
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I'd laugh until I woke up from the dream I was having.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

Canada would fail as miserably as the US when they attempted to invade them 200 years earlier. Mexico? *laughs*

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]

[QUOTE="Dexter-010"]

AFBrat77

QFT

The U.S. has never lost a War either, only the Vietnam conflict half way around the world that posed no threat to the United States mainland. Russia had its Afghanistan problems in the 1980's.

It could be stated accurately that the U.S. played the biggest part in winning WW2 (tied with Russia). Keep in mind the Pacific theatre as well.

Also, American rebels won the Revolutionary War, they weren't technically a U.S. yet, but Independence had been declared.

America posed no threat to the UK yet they won the revolution. No matter how you twist it America lost the Vietnam war.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

toast_burner

Vietnam

+1
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]

[QUOTE="Dexter-010"]

AFBrat77

QFT

The U.S. has never lost a War either, only the Vietnam conflict half way around the world that posed no threat to the United States mainland.

Nice propaganda.
zenogandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 zenogandia
Member since 2012 • 861 Posts

The u.s is invincible!!! So was every other great empire across history. The u.s will eventually fall, but it won't be because of an invasion from Canada.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Canada and what army? The Princess Patricia Light Infantry? Please. The US would curbstomp both of them. And then Mexico would probably be taken over by the drug cartels their military is BARELY beating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Dexter-010

Iraq, Afghanistan, The Gulf War, World War 2, The American Revolution, etc.

Need I go on?

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Canada and what army? The Princess Patricia Light Infantry? Please. The US would curbstomp both of them. And then Mexico would probably be taken over by the drug cartels their military is BARELY beating.

airshocker
They would ask the Queen for use of the British army.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

They would ask the Queen for use of the British army.chessmaster1989

So Canada + 5,000 royal marines. Man, those odds don't look good at all.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

i think Mexico would prove much more difficult to fight and hold down then Canada.

I always get the impression that between modern day Canada and modern day USA, that like Canada would be taken over in like a weekend. Everything that matters is like within 100 miles of the US-Canadian border, the rest of the country is the frontier.

and i have hard time imagining every day Canadians going into the woods to wage guerrilla war. Can totally see Mexicans though doing this and perhaps doing it very well.

this thread reminded me of this movie. Canadian Bacon. fvcking love that movie :P

"Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States, how long will we remain silent to the screams?!" :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

If there was an America: Total War, I would be playing the sh*t out of that right now.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Why would we invade the US? Who will buy our resources if we invade them.

If there was an America: Total War, I would be playing the sh*t out of that right now.

airshocker
Like in a modern setting? Probably would suck. Get Relic to make a Company of Heroes: We want the COD bucks too edition and it would be pretty good. There's got to be a revolutionary war mod for Empire though, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

airshocker

It's called Empire: Total War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Why would we invade the US? Who will buy our resources if we invade them. [QUOTE="airshocker"]

Ace6301

Like in a modern setting? Probably would suck. Get Relic to make a Company of Heroes: We want the COD bucks too edition and it would be pretty good. There's got to be a revolutionary war mod for Empire though, right?

Yeah, if it was made in a modern setting. I didn't like Empire much. Was very buggy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

toast_burner

I'm talkin' about a MODERN one.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

airshocker

I wonder if Guerrilla tactics would beat modern America.
K-E316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 K-E316
Member since 2007 • 1651 Posts

I could see them both taking over a few northern and southwestern (not Texas though) states but thanks to our huge military and the 2nd amendment, I don't think they will go farther than that. Some posters here seem to be really underestimating them both.

Of course, never going to be happen. All of them are allies and nobody would gain anything out of it.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Fightingfan

In Total War? No. A couple tanks, APCs and infantry would probably cause Guerilla units to lose all their morale just seeing them unless Guerilla units had ridiculous morale.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]

QFT

toast_burner

America posed no threat to the UK yet they won the revolution. No matter how you twist it America lost the Vietnam war.

In essence American rebels did beat England in the Revolution....fact.

The U.S. pulled out of the Vietnam "conflict" because of political pressure, at that point the U.S. had not lost. South Vietnam was left to fend for itself and South Vietnam lost.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

The U.S. pulled out of the Vietnam "conflict" because of political pressure, at that point the U.S. had not lost. South Vietnam was left to fend for itself and South Vietnam lost.

America won the revolution - Fact

America lost the Vietnam war - Fact

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="airshocker"]

Ace6301

In Total War? No. A couple tanks, APCs and infantry would probably cause Guerilla units to lose all their morale just seeing them unless Guerilla units had ridiculous morale.

I think geographical location would be more of a variable.

If Castro did it to Batista, and if the rebels can do it to Qadaffi, I'm sure a 3rd world nation could do it to America.

I know Castro took the highest parts of the island of Cuba, and would go from the top to the bottom to where he could ultimately walk into Havana.

The rebels I know would ambush Qadaffi soldiers, and steal their equipment(tanks, anti aircraft guns, etc..)

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

gave into political pressure. except all major war objectives for the Vietnam war were not met, so in a sense after a long protracted war in the jungle and massive bombing campaigns. yes lost. nevermind the ally the US was supposed to be supporting (i mean propping up) collapsed.

This is like saying Russia didn't lose world war 1 because it withdrew from the war because of at-home political pressure to end it (The Communists who took over the country in this case infact had popular support to end the war). Despite not only taking heavy losses, and not meeting war objectives but also losing territory.

the Vietnam war was a loss, blame it on political pressure if you want, but it is considered a loss.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

China is still communist so the domino theory was never initiated = America lost.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]America posed no threat to the UK yet they won the revolution. No matter how you twist it America lost the Vietnam war.

Fightingfan

China is still communist so the domino theory was never initiated = America lost.

Honestly I think it was largely political pressure in the U.S. that caused the Americans to pull out of Vietnam. We could have easily wiped North Vietnam off the map, though the Vietcong were troublesome. But we were in the midst of Nixon's talks with China and we didn't want to go crazy over there. We wanted China on our side as China and the then Soviet Union were a bit adversarial.

Americans did not care about JFK's "domino theory", which didn't happen anyways. How many countries are communist these days? Case in point.

Oh, and by the way, China isn't really communist anymore anyways. So does that mean America won? Lot of capitalism there these days.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#82 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] The U.S. is not able to do the same. Rich3232

I don't know what world you live in, but in the really real world here the US law enforcement has had nothing but resounding success in stopping drug traffic.

That's right, it's the reason why prices keep going down for most drugs due to lessened supply thanks to the efforts of the glorious crusaders we call cops! I'm glad afterwards, they can just go home and have a nice drink because alcohol is totally not a drug.

Well it's not a drug. And seriously, what are you talking about? What do you know about drug prices? Are you even American?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

Honestly I think it was largely political pressure in the U.S. that caused the Americans to pull out of Vietnam. We could have easily wiped North Vietnam off the map, though the Vietcong were troublesome. But we were in the midst of Nixon's talks with China and we didn't want to go crazy over there. We wanted China on our side as China and the then Soviet Union were a bit adversarial.

Americans did not care about JFK's "domino theory", which didn't happen anyways. How many countries are communist these days? Case in point.

They still lost.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

Between the tacos and burrito traps to the south and the bacon burger and beer traps to the north you fat **** wouldnt stand a chance.:D

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] China is still communist so the domino theory was never initiated = America lost. toast_burner

They still lost.

I don't know, he seems to think China is still communist but it really isn't. Thats his criteria for why he thinks America lost, but going by that America didn't lose ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

They still lost.

I don't know, he seems to think China is still communist but it really isn't. Thats his criteria for why he thinks America lost, but going by that they didn't ;)

Vietnam is a one party state that still has the same party in charge from when they won the war.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

I don't know what world you live in, but in the really real world here the US law enforcement has had nothing but resounding success in stopping drug traffic.

ristactionjakso

That's right, it's the reason why prices keep going down for most drugs due to lessened supply thanks to the efforts of the glorious crusaders we call cops! I'm glad afterwards, they can just go home and have a nice drink because alcohol is totally not a drug.

Well it's not a drug. And seriously, what are you talking about? What do you know about drug prices? Are you even American?

Yes, I am an american. Alcohol is a drug, and more drugs are being brought in which leads to a drop in prices http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/03/25/us-usa-mexico-drugs-idUSTRE62O4JV20100325 . My whole post was satire.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SaudiFury

AFBrat77

these days? c'mon man, your talking almost 25 years after the fall of Western communism, never mind 38 years after the end of the Vietnam war as far as America was concerned. In the middle of the cold war people did indeed have to keep in mind the 'domino theory'. We were still seeing communist rebel groups trying to take over Latin American countries for God's sake in the 80's. Laos today is a single-party socialist republic led by the Marxist-Leninst party, Cambodia has the Khemer Rouge - a group so extreme that fellow communist neighbor Vietnam had to go in and put a stop to them.

It can be argued that the domino theory has SOME credence to it, and that the paranoia around it wasn't entirely unjustified. not to mention Vietnam, China are still 'officialy' communist. in Mongolia the communist are a major party, and North Korea is more or less the same Stalinist society it was in the 1950's under the name "juche".

Personally I see many similarities between the Vietnam war and the Afghanistan war. in both cases the rebels have a safe haven, granted we can bomb them but it nontheless keeps the US - as the occupying army - on it's heels. your never entirely in total control of the country if you cannot completely wipe out the opposition. in Afghanistan the Taliban fighters can run across to the tribal zone territories in Pakistan, where the Pakistani's seem only really interested when the Pakistani Taliban decide they're going to attack Pakistan. Whereas in Vietnam the NVA and VC had north Vietnam, and America was unwilling to march in, not to mention worried that it might create a repeat episode of the Korean war with China spilling in from the north.

and i fear the moment America and NATO leaves Afghanistan, in a matter of 5 years or less Afghanistan will collapse again. except unlike the Communist, it'll be a cess pool for terrorists and Islamists nut-jobs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

ristactionjakso

Alcohol is most certainly a drug.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]They still lost.

toast_burner

I don't know, he seems to think China is still communist but it really isn't. Thats his criteria for why he thinks America lost, but going by that they didn't ;)

Vietnam is a one party state that still has the same party in charge from when they won the war.

Aren't they a bit more capitalist these days? If so then we can count it as an American win. Certainly the domino effect is dead, unless capitalism represents the dominos.

Which reminds me, the U.S. won the Cold War vs the Soviet Union. Fact.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
They could always invade Detroit. The Canadians will get killed and the rest of the country wouldn't even hear about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

Aren't they a bit more capitalist these days? If so then we can count it as an American win. Certainly the domino effect is dead, unless we call the spread of capitalism the dominos.

So America joins a war to defend it's ally which now no longer even exists as a country, and you're calling that a win? They couldn't have lost any more than they did. Double the amount of Americans died in the Vietnam war than in the Revolution. They lost big time.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Fightingfan

AFBrat77

Americans did not care about JFK's "domino theory", which didn't happen anyways.

America was losing prior to the back lash from the American people. What ultimately made America lose was the lack of morale. The Vietcong weren't going to give up, America would have to obliterate if they truly wanted to win(Though the Nuke treaty was signed in the late 60s). Vietnam doesn't give up in military tactics, they found the Chinese for hundreds of years for their independence. The worst part is all this could of been prevented if America owned their own damn business.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

AFBrat77

Aren't they a bit more capitalist these days? If so then we can count it as an American win. Certainly the domino effect is dead, unless capitalism represents the dominos.

ok now.. seriously i feel like i'm arguing with a teenager. we are talking about the WAR. not about the cold war which wasn't actually so much a physical war but a lot more a war of ideas. in the war of ideas capitalism won as the better economic system. it doesn't matter if 40-50 years after the war is over if a country on it's own needs and under it's own internal pressures opt to change up their economic and/or political structures. the Vietnam WAR is a loss to America. Vietnam is not democratic, south Vietnam is gone, Communist forces ended up taking over the entire nation even after 19 years of support and armed force from the US (and prior to that France) failed to shape the country in the Wests preferred government.
Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
Vietnam was not a military defeat people! The US backed out because of how negative it was, and it wasn't worth it,, so we left.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

I'd root for both Mexico and Canada.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#97 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

No. The US provides weapons to Mexico. They would cut them off if they invaded. :P

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Vietnam was not a military defeat people! The US backed out because of how negative it was, and it wasn't worth it,, so we left.SonyNintendoFan

If you can't win against a technologically inferior opponent in a war lasting over a decade, you lost.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
The whole Idea is asinine. The United Stated would most deffinately win. Canada has a pathetic millatary and stays nuetral in the state of world affairs inless The Queen dictates otherwise. Mexico? Are you serious? Their writing pamplets on how to send their people over here because they have no money and resourses. The only way "mexico" would invade is if it was by the gangs and druglords and we would still easily win. Not to say that what ever damage they caused wouldn't be devaststating. Any one with a pulse and a head full of anger can shock the nation. Just look at Connecticutt.....WhatWouldJoshDo
That was a fvcking atrocious paragraph