I think italian food is overrated.

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts

You can't tell me that this looks disgusting! :P

Yummy.

Snipes_2

it looks ok. But not all the food is like that.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

dough and bitter sauce don't float my boat, but fried chicken does.

megahaloman64

But you just said you liked pizza...

by dough I meant pasta

No. Pasta is dough; pizza is made from dough. Dough does not float your boat, therefore you do not like pizza.
megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] italian pizza kills america. your talking about stofers when your talking about italian food? also there is much more to their food than just pasta. have you ever been to a good Italian restaurant? and I dont mean olive garden. i mean somewhere where the main course is 25-30 dollars. nimatoad2000

why would I pay 25-30 dollars on some small ass portion when I could get a quality burger for 3.

A. the portions are not " small ass" B. " quality burger for 3" you pretty much just proved that your taste in food is bad, if you think that a 3 dollar fast food burger, is "quality"

If you go to a diner you could get a good burger for cheap.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Yummy.

megahaloman64

it looks ok. But not all the food is like that.

That's true. I guess it really depends on where you eat. If you had a Italian Food for the first time and it was a bad experience naturally you'll dislike it. :x

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

why would I pay 25-30 dollars on some small ass portion when I could get a quality burger for 3.

megahaloman64

A. the portions are not " small ass" B. " quality burger for 3" you pretty much just proved that your taste in food is bad, if you think that a 3 dollar fast food burger, is "quality"

yeah, gourmet stuff right there. you sure know the good food lol.
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

I don't really see the apeal of it. All it is, is some pasta, some rotting meat, some tomato sauce, and some rubbery cheese melted over it. Most of the time it's either disgusting or really boring. It's also bitter. I must admit, pizza is pretty good, but pizza in a way is American. Also stofers lasangna is good too. Rather than that, its pretty much overrated.

megahaloman64

Yeah, thats the problem with italian food in the U.S. Especially stuff like meat balls which I agree is just disgusting. Its an insult to real italian food.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

But you just said you liked pizza...

MattUD1

by dough I meant pasta

No. Pasta is dough; pizza is made from dough. Dough does not float your boat, therefore you do not like pizza.

I didn't know you could read tastebuds from over the internet.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#58 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

Respect Italian Food:

• Man v. Food (from my home Brooklyn) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocs79_IbJ-g
  • Giada - Everyday Italian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkzWUpgZQdQ

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9r47wGVwYI

• Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCzOmol7RI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u2Kj-B88Tc

Avatar image for HomicidalCherry
HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HomicidalCherry
Member since 2009 • 959 Posts

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

I don't really see the apeal of it. All it is, is some pasta, some rotting meat, some tomato sauce, and some rubbery cheese melted over it. Most of the time it's either disgusting or really boring. It's also bitter. I must admit, pizza is pretty good, but pizza in a way is American. Also stofers lasangna is good too. Rather than that, its pretty much overrated.

Samurai_Xavier

Yeah, thats the problem with italian food in the U.S. Especially stuff like meat balls which I agree is just disgusting. Its an insult to real italian food.

That's not necessarily true. There are some really good Italian restaurants in my area.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MattUD1

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

Samurai_Xavier

Then go to a good Italian restaurant. Buca di Beppo is a very good restaurant.
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

HomicidalCherry

That's not necessarily true. There are some really good Italian restaurants in my area.

its just that most people think of olive garden when they think italian restaurant , so many Americans eat bad food daily.
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AtlanticRock

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Yummy.

nimatoad2000

those dont actually look too good, they look like food you warm up in the microwave.

WHAAAAT!!! You don't re-heat that. You either eat it fresh or don't eat it at all.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MattUD1

[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

by dough I meant pasta

megahaloman64

I didn't know you could read tastebuds from over the internet.

Just attempting to use logic. :)
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Snipes_2

Respect Italian Food:

• Man v. Food (from my home Brooklyn) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocs79_IbJ-g

AtlanticRock

I was going to say Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. Some Diners have 5 Star Chefs working for them. :P

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] A. the portions are not " small ass" B. " quality burger for 3" you pretty much just proved that your taste in food is bad, if you think that a 3 dollar fast food burger, is "quality"nimatoad2000

I never said it was gourmet, nor did I say I was a food expert. It taste good, and thats it.

Avatar image for HomicidalCherry
HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 HomicidalCherry
Member since 2009 • 959 Posts

[QUOTE="HomicidalCherry"]

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

nimatoad2000

its just that most people think of olive garden when they think italian restaurant , so many Americans eat bad food daily.

The Olive Garden has great breadsticks, but other than that, I agree completely.:P

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

megahaloman64

I never said it was gourmet, nor did I say I was a food expert. It taste good, and thats it.

Your opinion..though i disagree..i respect it...

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AtlanticRock

[QUOTE="AtlanticRock"]

Respect Italian Food:

Snipes_2

I was going to say Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. Some Diners have 5 Star Chefs working for them. :P

thats one of my favorite shows. I love trying different types of food, talking about all this is making me crave some pasta. I'm going out to my local pizzaria for some.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#69 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

:shock: I love Italian food. And Pasta is one of my favorites.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 megahaloman64

I've been to the Olive Garden once, thats it.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

Italian food is much better than American, though I respect America for being a great melting pot and adding some ridiculous things to traditional italian food. The italian food I have is not loaded with cheese and meat, you must be eating the crappy italian. The stuff I go for is something like a penne pasta with sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, pesto, and crushed garlic. Maybe a bit of light Parmesan sprinkled on top. Italian food is one of my favorite cuisines next to Thai, Malaysian, and French.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
It's disgusting. EVERYONE loves it, but I think it's disgusting. I don't eat it.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Snipes_2

I've been to the Olive Garden once, thats it.

megahaloman64

Same here. IT was disgusting.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

[QUOTE="AtlanticRock"]

Respect Italian Food:

AtlanticRock

thats one of my favorite shows. I love trying different types of food, talking about all this is making me crave some pasta. I'm going out to my local pizzaria for some.

It's one of my favorite shows too. It's interesting to see how many crazy ideas people have.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="AtlanticRock"]

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Snipes_2

It's one of my favorite shows too. It's interesting to see how many crazy ideas people have.

The guy on that show was on something I watched yesterday. I cant remember the name of the show, but it was him and a British chief preparing food for more than 200 people. It was fascinating to watch, they were making tons of different foods. I didnt watch too long though because it made me hungry:P

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

[QUOTE="AtlanticRock"]

Film-Guy

The guy on that show was on something I watched yesterday. I cant remember the name of the show, but it was him and a British chief preparing food for more than 200 people. It was fascinating to watch, they were making tons of different foods. I didnt watch too long though because it made me hungry:P

Dinner Impossible I think is its name. :D

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Snipes_2

Dinner Impossible I think is its name. :D

Oh yeah thats the one. There was so much tension near the end when the ovens stopped working and they had to use the school's ovens. I was on the edge of my seat, every fibre of my being screaming for them to finish. FINISH DAMN IT THERE ISN'T MUCH TIME LEFT:cry:

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
too much Italian will make you fat... like everything else.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#79 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

I'm married to a full blooded Italian, who's cooking is amazing. Her lasagna takes 2 days to prep/cook. I love it.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 AtlanticRock

I'm married to a full blooded Italian, who's cooking is amazing. Her lasagna takes 2 days to prep/cook. I love it.

btaylor2404

I'm jealous, i'm dating a PR girl and I'm the one who does all the cooking(and by cooking I mean going out and paying for the food).

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Samurai_Xavier

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

MattUD1

Then go to a good Italian restaurant. Buca di Beppo is a very good restaurant.

Yes, that was my whole point, read my last sentence.

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Samurai_Xavier

To add something more to the topic, italian food in the U.S. is completely Americanized. The whole breadsticks, dipping sauces, stuff crusts, is all just American. To find the best italian restaurants, you must go to the small little places run by real italian families.

I just hate when I see a big can of tomato sauce. Real sauce is made using real tomatoes as well as wine and other real vegetables. 8)

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Mexican food>>>>>>>>>>Italian food. No contest.

RearNakedChoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 RearNakedChoke
Member since 2009 • 1699 Posts

Pasta and Pizza doesn't even come close to summing up Italian food.

Edit - As a side note, pizza in North America is somewhat of a basterdization of what it should be. That's not to say that you can't find good pizza here. But it's usually bogged down with so many different toppings and crappy sauces. Italian food is all about a few simple, high quality ingredients.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I think it depends on what you consider Italian, when I think of Italy I think of seafood plates, freshly caught critters from the ocean and fresh veggies (due to the weather in Italy they can harvest quite a few times each year)

It is not especially spicy, and mammal meat is not the most abundent in thier dishes, they do make killer lamb dishes ;)

I do not really consider things like lasange or Pizza Italian, altho they are, but I think of them the way I think of Tacos being Mexican, not very likely for the local population to eat it alot :P

Mind you, Ive only been to Italy at summer, I have no idea what they eat in winters :s

Now is Italian overrated? yeah it is, some people make Italian foods sound like a short burst of heaven... Well atleast it is better then alot of French food... I really really cant stand alot of the things Ive had there -.-

Im kind of anxious about the stuff they Eat in Japan, going over there soon on sort of an extended vecation (think the plan is 3 months) I doubt all thier dishes are like sushi -.-

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
In that logic, everything is overrated. Rotting meat? tomato products? rubbery cheese? sounds like mcdonalds. You have to realize, the italian/chinese/japanese/indian/etc food you eat IN AMERICA is AMERICANIZED. If you actually went to any of these places and ate the food, you would be extremely shocked as to how different it is. Real italian lasagna often includes boiled spinach leaves, multiple kinds of freshly ground meat, and quite a few kinds of specialty fresh cheeses, and handmade pasta. American lasagna is a jar of ragu, frozen ground beef and factory made pasta that has been sitting on a shelf for who knows how long. The same could be said for pizza, 'traditional' pizza from italy is absolutely nothing like american pizza, especially not like pizza chains or frozen.
GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts
Itallian food is awesome. Pasta is one of my favorite things to eat
michael582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 michael582
Member since 2003 • 1064 Posts

Italian food is way more than just pasta and pizza is not a American.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

I love Italian food. Pretty much have it every day. Sometimes I can go for Chinese though :P

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

I could eat that **** everyday till I die. Not the best food, but definitely not overrated. Besides, almost everything else gives you cancer or heart problems or something else.

D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts
Real Italian food is alright, but I agree there is better ethnic food out there. I'm not crazy about cheese and red wine to be honest.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

You just insulted pizza, spaghetti, and fettuccine alfredo. You are now my enemy.

Theokhoth
I'm with Theo here. Don't forget chicken parmesan! :x
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
I love pasta, eating some right now. om nom nom
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#94 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

Italian food is good, but I'd like to hijack this thread and talk about how overrated french food is.

Ok there's quiet a few good french desserts, but pretty much everything else sucks.

D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

You just insulted pizza, spaghetti, and fettuccine alfredo. You are now my enemy.

Pizza is overrated, spaghetti is okay but kind of boring and I would rather eat cat piss than fettuccine alfredo. Chicken parmesan isn't anything special.
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

Insulting pizza? gtfo

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
[QUOTE="D_Battery"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Pizza is overrated, spaghetti is okay but kind of boring and I would rather eat cat piss than fettuccine alfredo. Chicken parmesan isn't anything special.

*draws flaming pitchfork* DON'T YOU INSULT SPAGHETTI! :x
Bedizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Bedizen
Member since 2009 • 2576 Posts

I like Italian food

m45t3rch13f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 m45t3rch13f
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
Have you ever been to Italy and tasted true Italian cuisine? Then, you're ignorant. (Btw, Italian food is not overrated. The word "overrated" is overrated.)
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

Have you ever had REAL Italian food? No? Mmmm....