I think I am starting to hate rock/metal fans...

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

forgamesonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 forgamesonly
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
(Not all just a lot :/)  I hear a lot of them bash rap and says its crap or w/e.  I grew up with metal, but now i think im gonna listen to more rap just because of those fools.  Then I see a lot of them say stuff like "why do u have to conform to those rappers."  We all conform to something and the rock/metal fans are conforming to non conformation.  I dont get why all these people are so close minded.  Who the hell cares if some kid likes mainstream rap.  Mainstream is good too. 
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.
99RanchMarket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 99RanchMarket
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts

I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.hammer_of_thor_

no talent huh...  if people enjoy listening to it then i guess you dont need skill for good music.  ill listen to mainstream stuff with a nice beat over ACDC or something anyday.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
I listen to metal, but I like some forms of rap. I only bash rap because it is too popular at my school.
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.hammer_of_thor_

agreed.  It saddens me when truly talented bands who put their heart and soul into their music are in serious debt, but some rapper somewhere is making it rain, and has so much money he could buy a share of a professional sports team.

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1337_ownage
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts

I listen to metal, but I like some forms of rap. I only bash rap because it is too popular at my school.CRS98

im asumming that you dun have much friends 

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CRS98

[QUOTE="CRS98"]I listen to metal, but I like some forms of rap. I only bash rap because it is too popular at my school.1337_ownage

im asumming that you dun have much friends 

I bash it in my mind. Or just have a soft hate for it. And I assume you don't spell correctly.

99RanchMarket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 99RanchMarket
the reason rap is popular is because people like it
1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1337_ownage
the reason rap is popular is because people like it99RanchMarket
yes, finally someone that makes sense
1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 1337_ownage
yup metal takes alot of talent....screaming and screaming. i guess you have to excersise your throat daily
matrix_hiei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 matrix_hiei
Member since 2004 • 4793 Posts
i'm a metal fan, and although i don't like rap, i don't hate it. i recognize that there are some very talented rappers out there, and although it's not my cup of tea, i respect the opinions of rap fans.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.1337_ownage
yup metal takes alot of talent....screaming and screaming. i guess you have to excersise your throat daily

are you dumb,all rappers do is sing, metal bands have to learn and practice the drums, guitar, bass, sometime keyboards, piano, harmonica...rappers have this done for them while rock bands have the talent to actually play.

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 1337_ownage

i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.SaintLeonidas

so you wanna show me a pic of slipknot and tell what it portrays?

matrix_hiei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 matrix_hiei
Member since 2004 • 4793 Posts

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.1337_ownage

slipknot isn't metal...

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaintLeonidas

the reason people like it is not the music, but they like the whole image that goes behind it. Because theres no way it could be the crappy music, if it can even be called that.

hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hammer_of_thor_

[QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.1337_ownage

You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. Metal isn't just screaming, listen to bands such as Dream Theater, Symphony X, Shadow Gallery, Adagio, Kamelot, Jag Panzer, tell me there isn't talent. Not only to play/perform, but write the music and lyrics. Metal isn't about screaming and I hate when people say this, metal has a vast amount of truly talented vocalists. I wouldn't try and bash something you are ignorant about. 

[QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.99RanchMarket

no talent huh... if people enjoy listening to it then i guess you dont need skill for good music. ill listen to mainstream stuff with a nice beat over ACDC or something anyday.

Just because people listen to it does not make it good music. People like and eat McDonalds, is it good food? 

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 1337_ownage

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.SaintLeonidas

are you dumb,all rappers do is sing, metal bands have to learn and practice the drums, guitar, bass, sometime keyboards, piano, harmonica...rappers have this done for them while rock bands have the talent to actually play.

NO you are dumb, the lryics in rap are actually good because you can actually UNDERSTAND what the person is singin about and the beat matches it

99RanchMarket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 99RanchMarket
who cares if metal bands took years of practice just to play music.  ide rather listen to someone who put less time in his or her music  and sound good than someone who played for years and it doesnt sound as good.
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hammer_of_thor_
[QUOTE="1337_ownage"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.matrix_hiei

slipknot isn't metal...

Exactly haha. 

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.1337_ownage

nothing really, guys wereing masks, were as rappers its drinking, drugs, gun violence,etc. And the whole lingo, that i hear little kids sometimes saying, its retarded.

disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 disc0very
Member since 2006 • 3636 Posts
Dude, your logic just blew my mind!
99RanchMarket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 99RanchMarket

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.hammer_of_thor_

You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. Metal isn't just screaming, listen to bands such as Dream Theater, Symphony X, Shadow Gallery, Adagio, Kamelot, Jag Panzer, tell me there isn't talent. Not only to play/perform, but write the music and lyrics. Metal isn't about screaming and I hate when people say this, metal has a vast amount of truly talented vocalists. I wouldn't try and bash something you are ignorant about.

[QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.99RanchMarket

no talent huh... if people enjoy listening to it then i guess you dont need skill for good music. ill listen to mainstream stuff with a nice beat over ACDC or something anyday.

Just because people listen to it does not make it good music. People like and eat McDonalds, is it good food?

to them it is... and thats all that matters

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skullkrusher13

that was quite the ignorant comment.  For one, any legit screamer uses their stomach/gut to properly growl, scream, etc.  Using your throat is noobish.  Second, bands actually have these things called musicians, you know, drummers, bassists, and guitarists.  I know some rap artists incorporate instruments, but I rarely see the rapper him/herself actually play one.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CRS98

leet_pwnage just went in here to bash metal because he does not know the goodness of a genre.

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 1337_ownage
RAP IS SUPERIOR
1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 1337_ownage
[QUOTE="1337_ownage"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.CRS98

leet_pwnage just went in here to bash metal because he does not know the goodness of a genre.

i wouldnt bash if the others didnt start it. im only here to defend rap  

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.1337_ownage

NO you are dumb, the lryics in rap are actually good because you can actually UNDERSTAND what the person is singin about and the beat matches it

In one week i could sit down and make a rap song, put a beat behind it and have rap music. Metal and rock bands take years of there life to practice multiple insrtuments.Anyone can talk, not everyone can play a good riff.theres no way rap ever compares  to rock in the talent department.

99RanchMarket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 99RanchMarket
o yea i have more metal than i have rap too :D but w/e i still like rap.
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hammer_of_thor_

to them it is... and thats all that matters

99RanchMarket

Sure to them it is, but you can't say that it is good. Maybe in a relative state, sure rap is good compared to a 3 year old slamming his mom's pots and pans in the kitchen, that doesn't mean it's good though. 

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CRS98
[QUOTE="CRS98"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"]

i wouldnt bash if the others didnt start it. im only here to defend rap  

I didn't start it either, but face the truth, mainstream rap is dying. And Slipknot is not the only metal band.

And here is a list of music videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IbD1RQac2hI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J_Pv1QR0RL4

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skullkrusher13
[QUOTE="matrix_hiei"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.hammer_of_thor_

slipknot isn't metal...

Exactly haha. 

indeed. 

hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hammer_of_thor_
[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.SaintLeonidas

In one week i could sit down and make a rap song, put a beat behind it and have rap music. Metal and rock bands take years of there life to practice multiple insrtuments.Anyone can talk, not everyone can play a good riff.theres no way rap ever compares to rock in the talent department.

The whole lyrics argument is absolute garbage. Many metal bands write lyrics too, as well as arrange songs with more complex rhythms than raps are in. 

Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.hammer_of_thor_

:|Irony. You told him not to bash something he's ignorant about when you clearly bashed rap by saying it requires no talent. Congratulations!

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
Nothing wrong with rap. Nothing wrong with rock or metal either. Its just easier to create a beat using a computer than it is to write a compostion from scratch. And a ton of beats are sampled from existing songs...
1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 1337_ownage
[QUOTE="1337_ownage"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.SaintLeonidas

nothing really, guys wereing masks, were as rappers its drinking, drugs, gun violence,etc. And the whole lingo, that i hear little kids sometimes saying, its retarded.

WHAT!?!? THATS BS. Rock is all about Drinking and Drugs and Violence. 

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.skullkrusher13

that was quite the ignorant comment. For one, any legit screamer uses their stomach/gut to properly growl, scream, etc. Using your throat is noobish. Second, bands actually have these things called musicians, you know, drummers, bassists, and guitarists. I know some rap artists incorporate instruments, but I rarely see the rapper him/herself actually play one.

OMG THEY HAVE MUSICIANS??? i thought they were crazy people, opps my bad 

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

In one week i could sit down and make a rap song, put a beat behind it and have rap music. Metal and rock bands take years of there life to practice multiple insrtuments.Anyone can talk, not everyone can play a good riff.theres no way rap ever compares to rock in the talent department.

The whole lyrics argument is absolute garbage. Many metal bands write lyrics too, as well as arrange songs with more complex rhythms than raps are in. 

yeah, not all metal bands are screaming loudy, and rock bands arent. Lyrics wise rock and metal still win. I dont wanna here someone talk about screwing girls and drinking.

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 1337_ownage

Nothing wrong with rap. Nothing wrong with rock or metal either. Its just easier to create a beat using a computer than it is to write a compostion from scratch. And a ton of beats are sampled from existing songs...NavigatorsGhost

i like the way you think about nothing wrong with different music, BUT beat gotta match lyrics 

supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 supermetroidfan

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.skullkrusher13

that was quite the ignorant comment.  For one, any legit screamer uses their stomach/gut to properly growl, scream, etc.  Using your throat is noobish.  Second, bands actually have these things called musicians, you know, drummers, bassists, and guitarists.  I know some rap artists incorporate instruments, but I rarely see the rapper him/herself actually play one.

:|Well not all vocalists in metal bands play instruments. Ooo.

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 1337_ownage
[QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

yeah, not all metal bands are screaming loudy, and rock bands arent. Lyrics wise rock and metal still win. I dont wanna here someone talk about screwing girls and drinking.

please show me a song that is about drinking 

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"]

yeah the rockstar image is lke, that, but not for everyone, and its not in every song thats released. rap always focoses on girl, drug, crime , in the songs. i want more than that.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.1337_ownage

a rap song, let me flick on the radio, theres probably one about it on.

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 1337_ownage
[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"]

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]i just hate rap, the sound of it, the popularity of it, and the over all image it portrays.SaintLeonidas

yeah the rockstar image is lke, that, but not for everyone, and its not in every song thats released. rap always focoses on girl, drug, crime , in the songs. i want more than that.

Rap is like that because everybody likes girl, drug, crime. Thats why its soo popular. 

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 1337_ownage
[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

a rap song, let me flick on the radio, theres probably one about it on.

please please record so i can listen to that beatiful song 

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 skullkrusher13
[QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

[QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"]I listen to metal, and I am far from close minded. I hate rap simply because there is very little talent involved with it, yet they all make millions, utter garbage IMO.supermetroidfan

:|Well not all vocalists in metal bands play instruments. Ooo.

you burned me when I never said that all vocalists in metal bands play instruments, Ooo

supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 supermetroidfan
It's threads like these that make me hate rock/metal fans. I don't even care for rap(Nas - Illmatic is all I have) I love metal. But seriously, ignorantly bashing something is annoying.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="1337_ownage"]

Rap is like that because everybody likes girl, drug, crime. Thats why its soo popular. 

that whole statement just mad you look bad. Not everyone likes drugs and crime, and it shouldnt be made out ever to be good.

hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hammer_of_thor_

:|Irony. You told him not to bash something he's ignorant about when you clearly bashed rap by saying it requires no talent. Congratulations!

supermetroidfan

No I didn't. I said it requires little talent. So I fail to see the irony. 

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SaintLeonidas

It's threads like these that make me hate rock/metal fans. I don't even care for rap(Nas - Illmatic is all I have) I love metal. But seriously, ignorantly bashing something is annoying.supermetroidfan

the started the rock and metal bashing and i gonna bash back, escepcially when the sa rap got more talent or is just as talented, or the lyrics are better.

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 1337_ownage

Bone Thugs and Harmony.... Wheres the drinking, drugs,and women????:o

[Intro (Wish Bone)]

You know nothing come easy, you gotta try real real hard, I tried hard...but I guess I
gotta try harder.

[Chorus (Akon)]

I try so hard can't seem to get away from misery
man I try so hard
will always be a victim of these streets
it aint my fault cuz I...
tried to get away but trouble follows me
and still I try so hard
hoping one day you'll come and rescue me
but until then, I'll be posted up right here in sleet hail snow
but until then...
I'll be posted up right here with my heat gettin dough

[Verse 1 (Krayzie Bone)]

First let me explain that I'm just a black man
and I come from the darkside, so I'm havin a hard time stayin on track man my mind be
racin, and I don't even know what I'm chasin' yet I been in and out of relationships, I'm
startin to see thats it's me where the complications at, but I'm layin back prayin that,
you can't have piece of mind of me, I thought I was right but really I'm wrong, in the end
I was to blind to see, I was in the fast lane chasin' my dream, and then it seem when the
fame and cash came they just got me going craaazy lately, lately, lately I beed so faded
tryin to erase it but I cant cuz the drama just goes greater and I been in so many
collisions from puttin **** up till later

[Chorus (Akon)]

I try so hard
can't seem to get away from misery
man I try so hard
and still I try so hard
but until then...

[Verse 2 (Layzie Bone)]

It's like I'm taking 5 steps forward and 10 steps back, tryin to get ahead of the game,
but I can't seem to get it on track, and I keep running away from the ones that say they
love me the most how could I create the distance when it's suppose to be close and uh, I
just don't know but I be out here fighting demons and, it's like a curse that I can't shake
this part of Cleveland and lord, would you help me? and stop this pain I keep inflicting on
my family hustlin gamblin, trickin and scammin scrambling and losing sight of what I'm
suppose to be handlin, it's hard to manage cuz everyday's a challenge and man I'm slippin
can't lose my balance I'm tryin not to panic

[Chorus (Akon)]

I try so hard
man I try so hard
and still I try so hard
but until then...

[Verse 3 (Wish Bone)]

I see thangs won't change I'm stuck in the game as soon as I get out it keeps pullin me
back mayne got me doin' dirty dirt so used to this hustlin' money that I don't understand
how 9 to 5 work studied on the streets, hustlers know what I mean hustlers ballin in force
I'm tryna make that major league so we never leave never, til' the sun came up gotta get it
nope no leavin no rush today games they play gotta go hard to get what u put in if you fall
off then it's all on you gotta watch what you sign to try so hard but I won't play the fool

[Chorus (Akon)]

I try so hard
man I try so hard
and still I try so hard
but until then...