• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Do you like bud?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

That's piss water beer.

I'll still drink it though.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

No. It's one of the more expensive ones here... And tastes worse than the cheapest ones.

servomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 servomaster
Member since 2015 • 870 Posts

Did when I was younger.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#7 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6099 Posts

I don't like beer.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

Depends on what "bud" we are talking about.

If we are talking about sticky icky green bud, then yes; got me a medical card and everything. Love some edibles, too; got me some chocolates that, well...let's just say I had a small little piece and I had a nice 12-hour nap last night.

BUT! if we are talking about that dingo piss beer company that's been bought and sold three times in as many years by foreign companies, and still uses 'Merican's Patriotism to sell it's lackluster sparkling water...then no. I do not like it. I will actually prefer some iced tea or water to bud.

So, to sum up...bud is good, Bud is bad.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Bud as in marijuana- yes but gave it up for my daughter's sake because I don't want to loose my job due to drug tests. Legalization is coming soon.

Bud as in Beer- I love craft beer and have for a very long time. I try not to be a snob though and I honestly love all beer. Bud is one of my least favorites.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrbojangles25

@mark1974: It's hard not to be a snob (or thought to be one), though, when people have a hair-trigger defensive reaction to you not liking Budweiser/Coors/Miller. Yes, people get offended when you talk shit about Budweiser, believe it or not.

"YOu dont like Bud!?! What are you, a COMMIE HIPSTER!?"

It's just I like craft beer. But I also like lagers, and in the US lagers = macrobrews (Bud, Coors, Miller, etc). So here you have this niche market (craft beer) that is growing by leaps and bounds every year, but it is ALL ALES! And I love ales, too, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see some more inroads made by craft lager breweries (Sam Adams does not count, **** those guys).

The worse part is that there are a few craft-brewed lagers every now and then, they sell well, and they taste really good. Lager brewing is just a bit more difficult and a lot less forgiving than ale brewing, though, so I can understand why, coupled with marketing, craft brewers avoid it.

Still...I'd love to see some more dry-hopped Pilsners, barrel-aged Doppelbocks, and more.

Not everyone that likes good, craft-brewed beer is a hipster, remember that

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mark1974

@mrbojangles25: there are a lot of craft brewers doing lagers. I can think of at least a couple here in the Midwest that do nothing but. Everyone has a marzen for Oktoberfest. I would recommend my local brewer called Half Acre's beer Pony Pilsner. If you are ever in Chicago give it a try.

As for the snob thing, I have nothing against beers like old style, pabst, hams, milwaukee's best etc. They are simple and cheap. Budwieser is more expensive and tastes worse.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Sam Adams does not count, **** those guys

I haven't sampled any Samuel Adams beers yet. Is there a good reason to dislike them?

Still...I'd love to see some more dry-hopped Pilsners, barrel-aged Doppelbocks, and more.

Ironically, Samuel Adams Double Bock is rated very highly at BeerAdvocate.com.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mark1974

@Stesilaus: Samuel Adams is like a half way step between Macro and Craft. It certainly is no longer hand crafted. It's made in a large capacity factory just like macros. It's a stepping stone and you will find the craft beer crowd divided on them.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mark1974

I like a good Kolsh. I think 3Floyd's Calumet Queen is nice but it is a very subtle style and can easily be dismissed as boring and watered down.

They are great on hot summer days. I am of the opinion beer should be matched to the season.

On cold winter nights nothing is as pleasing as a high gravity barleywine or Imperial Stout.

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ktseymour
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

@horgen said:

No. It's one of the more expensive ones here... And tastes worse than the cheapest ones.

Lololol ! So true about Bud being an ass beer , but what do you expect, it's a Rice beer.

PBR tastes better then this stuff lol , but I'm partial to Stella even though Bud owns it now :( Still good though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts

I do, and I can't wait to move back to Washington where it's legal recreationally and I can just hit up the local corner store for some pre-rolls and some edibles likes it's the most natural thing in the world, and affordably. This California system of getting a medical card sucks, they're the seediest shops ever and everything is rediculously overpriced and subpar quality. That's one thing I loved about weed in Seattle is that it was some of the best I've ever had. Just a few more months =D

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mark1974

It's funny that when discussing politics we can't stand each other but bring up beer and we can all get along and have pleasant conversations. Beer is the great unifier. All OT needs is a beer summit!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Stesilaus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I haven't sampled any Samuel Adams beers yet. Is there a good reason to dislike them?

Their beer is OK, I just do not like their business philosophy or their marketing. They're pretty much a macrobrewery masquerading as a microbrewery, like Shocktop or Bluemoon except not owned by Bud or Coors, respectively. They all-but-own the American Brewers Association (ABA) and constantly change the volume of beer criteria to match their production so they can still claim to be a craft and micro brewery (i.e. anything over X barrels per year makes you a macrobrewery).

So maybe I was too harsh in my "**** those guys" comment, but I still won't buy their beer. If offered I will drink it, but I won't buy it. I am also rarely impressed by their quality, so even from a practical standpoint I do not like them all that much. They make some good ones every now and then, though.

I guess if I had to sum it up, I'd call them pretenders, posers. Every time I see Koch push his face into a pile of hops, or those impeccably-groomed "brewers" talk about how awesome their job is, I want to vomit. I'm a brewer, it's not a fun job; we don't stand around all day admiring our beer, and our job is backbreaking and exhausting, and we don't wear uniforms and obsess over our beards and mustaches. I've also met brewers from Sam Adams, they hated working there.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

I like green onions.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mark1974

@ktseymour said:
@horgen said:

Lololol ! So true about Bud being an ass beer , but what do you expect, it's a Rice beer.

PBR tastes better then this stuff lol , but I'm partial to Stella even though Bud owns it now :( Still good though.

There is such a thing as a good rice beer though:

RISGOOP

Behold! The fifth collaborative effort of Three Floyds and Mikkeller. This complex ale is just the beverage for canal boat trips in Copenhagen or the brutal Chicago winter. Brewed in Europe and in Chicago, you can look for both editions and the subtle differences in each. Cheers and thanks for supporting craft beer.

Style: Rice Beer

ABV 10.4%

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mark1974

@mrbojangles25: Which brewery do you work for?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrbojangles25

@mark1974: If anyone can make a good rice beer, it'd be Three Floyds. That brewery is amazing.

As for the one I work for, I'd rather not say for privacy reasons; I'm sure most of you are good people and/or don't care, but that's a bit too close to home. It's one of the top 10 craft breweries in the US, though (sales-wise) :D

And a Beer Summit would be awesome lol. Beer and video games, oh lordie.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mark1974

@mrbojangles25: I can respect that and it's probably for the best to keep that kind of info private. Some of these people here make me wonder. I was just curious because I'm very active in the beer community and have friends who work in the industry. Are you familiar with the Chicago breweries such as Half Acre, Pipeworks, Revolution, Spiteful, Arcade, Metropolitan, Begyle, I could keep going on as we have so many. Living near Michigan is also nice, Founders, Bells etc.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I like bud, but particularly moreso in wax form. It's practically candy.

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts

Not one Air Bud comment yet?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrbojangles25

@KHAndAnime: is it nice? I want to try it, but you need a special tool for dabs, right? Also I heard it just destroys you after one or two hits.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@KHAndAnime: is it nice? I want to try it, but you need a special tool for dabs, right? Also I heard it just destroys you after one or two hits.

Lately it's been getting a lot nicer. The transition from medical to recreation was rough but the quality and pricing is now a chunk better than before. For reasons I'm unable to pinpoint, the prices of flower aren't quite as good as they used to be medically. If you ignored the plant matter and focused purely on the THC and cannabinoids you're getting for the dollar, you're getting significantly more with concentrates. To properly use the concentrate, you would need a titanium nail + bubbler + torch lighter + pick (~$75 altogether). For people who make a hobby of appreciating it (like me), it's one of those things where it costs more initially to get started but it actually saves a lot of money in the long run. It's also a lot better tasting, easier to manage/transport, and healthier. Personally, I use a VapeXhale Cloud Evo vaporizer. It heats up electronically and the air-path is 100% glass so it's the cleanest way I've found to appreciate concentrates.

And you heard correctly - it's incredibly potent. I'm 100% certain that if you gave someone who rarely messes with Mary Jane an average-sized wax hit, that person will experience discomfort or might even pass out. Of course, it's always possible to consume a smaller amount, it's just something that you have to be careful about (and people often aren't careful enough). But once you get used to it, it's just relaxing. It's hard to describe. Wakes me up in the morning and puts me to sleep at night. Without exception, always puts me in a good mood :) Also worth mentioning my girlfriend never touched the stuff before meeting me and now it's one of her favorite things :p

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stesilaus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Their beer is OK, I just do not like their business philosophy or their marketing. They're pretty much a macrobrewery masquerading as a microbrewery, like Shocktop or Bluemoon except not owned by Bud or Coors, respectively. They all-but-own the American Brewers Association (ABA) and constantly change the volume of beer criteria to match their production so they can still claim to be a craft and micro brewery (i.e. anything over X barrels per year makes you a macrobrewery).

So maybe I was too harsh in my "**** those guys" comment, but I still won't buy their beer. If offered I will drink it, but I won't buy it. I am also rarely impressed by their quality, so even from a practical standpoint I do not like them all that much. They make some good ones every now and then, though.

I guess if I had to sum it up, I'd call them pretenders, posers. Every time I see Koch push his face into a pile of hops, or those impeccably-groomed "brewers" talk about how awesome their job is, I want to vomit. I'm a brewer, it's not a fun job; we don't stand around all day admiring our beer, and our job is backbreaking and exhausting, and we don't wear uniforms and obsess over our beards and mustaches. I've also met brewers from Sam Adams, they hated working there.

Ah, @mrbojangles25 and @mark1974, thank you for your insights into Samuel Adams beer. I'll probably try one or two of their products, but, after what I've read, I doubt I'll become a fan.

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

As a Californian, I saw this thread and immediately thought you were referencing weed. bud. buddah. maryJAaAAne.

Bud is lovely. Bud(wiser) sucks dick. It was nice before my taste buds developed.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#30 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@TheHighWind said:

That's piss water beer.

I'll still drink it though.

^This.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@mark1974: It's hard not to be a snob (or thought to be one), though, when people have a hair-trigger defensive reaction to you not liking Budweiser/Coors/Miller. Yes, people get offended when you talk shit about Budweiser, believe it or not.

"You dont like Bud!?! What are you, a COMMIE HIPSTER!?"

I didn't realize just how bad this had gotten until Budweiser released their "Budweiser is the beer for real men" commercial, and social media was flooded with "See this? Screw you pansy beer drinkers!" responses.

People plant poles over the weirdest things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Shiner is my favorite mass market beer brand.

Bass makes a black and tan kit that comes with 3 PA's and 3 stouts that I stockpile often.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#33 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Bud yes but budweiser, hells no.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#34 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Depends on if we're talking about the beer or pot and in both cases the answer is hell no.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mark1974

@turtlethetaffer said:

Depends on if we're talking about the beer or pot and in both cases the answer is hell no.

Is that you Nancy Reagan? They told me you were dead.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 turtlethetaffer

@mark1974 said:
@turtlethetaffer said:

I can't stand the taste of beer. I'm more of a hard cider/ cocktail guy. To me, beer is the absence of flavor and it's just disgusting to me. If everyone else around me is drinking, and my only option is beer, I'll probably just have water or something. That's how much I hate the taste. at least, the taste of the beers I've tried, and I've tried quite a few.

For pot, it makes me feel wickedly shitty. The times I've done it, I woke up feeling dizzy as hell and it felt like I was going to throw up for most of the day. It's not for me.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

I don't like beer.

Backs to the wall lads! There's a poof on the forum!

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I drink Steller even though it taste like chems.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Every one and even old adverts call Steller. "Wife beater" Think it got banned. lol

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Not a fan of either. If there's nothing else to drink then I'll go for a Budweiser. As for the herbal bud I never cared for it the times I've partook. Rather then relaxing it me it just made me get more annoyed at just about everything.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mark1974

@turtlethetaffer: I was just joking with you, to each his own.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 turtlethetaffer

@mark1974: I know lol. I just have this compulsion to explain things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5e9044657a310
@turtlethetaffer said:
@mark1974 said:
@turtlethetaffer said:

I can't stand the taste of beer. I'm more of a hard cider/ cocktail guy. To me, beer is the absence of flavor and it's just disgusting to me. If everyone else around me is drinking, and my only option is beer, I'll probably just have water or something. That's how much I hate the taste. at least, the taste of the beers I've tried, and I've tried quite a few.

For pot, it makes me feel wickedly shitty. The times I've done it, I woke up feeling dizzy as hell and it felt like I was going to throw up for most of the day. It's not for me.

All the girls I know prefer that Hard Cider and Wine Cooler stuff too

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 turtlethetaffer

@Nuck81 said:
@turtlethetaffer said:
@mark1974 said:
@turtlethetaffer said:

Yeah, I think my thing is that I just have a massive sweet tooth. Like, I've yet to encounter anything that's too sugary for me to eat. It makes it so the taste of beer, which is so odd, jut doesn't do it for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@turtlethetaffer said:
@Nuck81 said:
@turtlethetaffer said:
@mark1974 said:
@turtlethetaffer said:

Yeah, I think my thing is that I just have a massive sweet tooth. Like, I've yet to encounter anything that's too sugary for me to eat. It makes it so the taste of beer, which is so odd, jut doesn't do it for me.

Try darker beers like stouts, porters, and bocks. My favorite beer style is a Bock. Some porters are infused with vanilla that are pretty sweet tasting.

Stay away from IPA's. For some strange reason, in the USA craft beer makers can't make a beer that isn't so hoppy that it burns away your nose hair.

Basic rule of thumb is, if a beer is referred to as "Malty" it will be on the sweeter side of the spectrum. If a beer is considered "Hoppy" it will be bitter.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#48 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6099 Posts

@Iszdope said:
@oi_oi_spanky said:
@brimmul777 said:

I don't like beer.

Backs to the wall lads! There's a poof on the forum!

Dat's racist.

I'm sorry, "poof".I don't comprehend.I don't like beer,so I have to be called childish names.I like hard mix,but don't drink anymore,simply because I enjoyed it too much.Catch my drift.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I did.

And still would if it weren't for the FMCSA.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mrbojangles25

@foxhound_fox: you're a truck driver?